Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 304 305
[quote name="ShylaShadow" date="2018-06-10 15:30:53" ]No, they weren't consistent. It's most obvious on Plague eyes, but the shades of red used were different on many dragons. This way, all dragons share the same shades of red as the common eyes. They actually did alter some colors on the color wheel, I believe Banana was one of them? Maybe more, but I know that Banana got changed. If the staff changes something, it means they were wanting the change. This is their game, their creation. They can do this. [/quote] So, clearly the answer to, - what you say, - were minor inconsistencies, was to create an entire new color system putting those inconsistencies at different rarity levels with no consideration to previous prevalence. Really? Well yeah, if you want to toss trust and respect and customer loyalty out the window, sure they can, but I hope they're prepared to lose a significant portion of their paying user base over it. I'm not sure how many future customers will want to invest in this site either after this massive, incredibly poorly handled situation.
ShylaShadow wrote on 2018-06-10 15:30:53:
No, they weren't consistent. It's most obvious on Plague eyes, but the shades of red used were different on many dragons. This way, all dragons share the same shades of red as the common eyes.
They actually did alter some colors on the color wheel, I believe Banana was one of them? Maybe more, but I know that Banana got changed.
If the staff changes something, it means they were wanting the change. This is their game, their creation. They can do this.

So, clearly the answer to, - what you say, - were minor inconsistencies, was to create an entire new color system putting those inconsistencies at different rarity levels with no consideration to previous prevalence. Really?

Well yeah, if you want to toss trust and respect and customer loyalty out the window, sure they can, but I hope they're prepared to lose a significant portion of their paying user base over it. I'm not sure how many future customers will want to invest in this site either after this massive, incredibly poorly handled situation.
[quote name="Mrgrimm150" date="2018-06-10 16:06:30" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you." [/quote] It feels like if that's the case, then instead every dragon should have had a button on it that allowed ONE scatter...
Mrgrimm150 wrote on 2018-06-10 16:06:30:
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-10 16:04:31:
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.

If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest...

It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event.

"Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you."

It feels like if that's the case, then instead every dragon should have had a button on it that allowed ONE scatter...
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
If people don't want to pay 200 gems for a vial of scattersight, then they should go onto the market and buy some there. On the market, vials are only around 150 gems. Also, if people want the vials and lots of them, then they should save up. I've only been on this game for two or three months and I've already gathered around 1500 gems from playing smart and not wasting my money. (Not saying that other people do). I also don't really care what my dragons look like eye-wise, because I'm pretty much fine with all the genes. I do think that if the game is going to release something this huge, they should at least check with the players. However, I do like being surprised, and I was totally freaking out with excitement when I saw the update.
If people don't want to pay 200 gems for a vial of scattersight, then they should go onto the market and buy some there. On the market, vials are only around 150 gems. Also, if people want the vials and lots of them, then they should save up. I've only been on this game for two or three months and I've already gathered around 1500 gems from playing smart and not wasting my money. (Not saying that other people do). I also don't really care what my dragons look like eye-wise, because I'm pretty much fine with all the genes. I do think that if the game is going to release something this huge, they should at least check with the players. However, I do like being surprised, and I was totally freaking out with excitement when I saw the update.
Dragon showoff! Show off your favorite dragon for critique, suggestions, and more!

My Profile

Level 20 imperial for sale
@Skanti Oh okay, yeah that explains it, thank you for letting me know!
@Skanti Oh okay, yeah that explains it, thank you for letting me know!
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] [center]That would make sense, but the odds are so terrible for certain eyes that I feel it completely negates this. When I learned the chance of getting multi-gaze was less than 1% I was frustrated beyond words since I had used a handful of vials on one of my mirrors. I ended up just settling for unusual instead of wasting more gems. If they wanted people to be able to allow their older dragons to get in on the new eyes I feel they should have just done a limited release for each eye type in the gem/treasure mp or made the vials have as even a chance as possible.[/center]
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.
That would make sense, but the odds are so terrible for certain eyes that I feel it completely negates this. When I learned the chance of getting multi-gaze was less than 1% I was frustrated beyond words since I had used a handful of vials on one of my mirrors. I ended up just settling for unusual instead of wasting more gems. If they wanted people to be able to allow their older dragons to get in on the new eyes I feel they should have just done a limited release for each eye type in the gem/treasure mp or made the vials have as even a chance as possible.
@Toppazz

You are welcome, it was a pleasure to be of help!
@Toppazz

You are welcome, it was a pleasure to be of help!
There's six hours left and I'm honestly just waiting for a response from staff. I can't think of any reason to leave this many people in the dark for this long, especially considering how the people with qualms for this update aren't just the usual crowd of critics.

We aren't going to just stop having a problem with this update. Please, just let us know you actually care about our concerns. Thirty-five minutes into the event with a mere "thanks for the feedback" won't cut it, as what you were responding to barely even scrapes the myriad complaints, questions, suggestions, and fears we've generated in the wake of your silence.
There's six hours left and I'm honestly just waiting for a response from staff. I can't think of any reason to leave this many people in the dark for this long, especially considering how the people with qualms for this update aren't just the usual crowd of critics.

We aren't going to just stop having a problem with this update. Please, just let us know you actually care about our concerns. Thirty-five minutes into the event with a mere "thanks for the feedback" won't cut it, as what you were responding to barely even scrapes the myriad complaints, questions, suggestions, and fears we've generated in the wake of your silence.
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png
bleh
bleh2 bleh3 StjSAn9.png
b PUBaf.gif
[quote name="Supercell" date="2018-06-10 15:28:58" ] [quote name="upowlnight" date="2018-06-10 15:14:12" ] ALSO that safe-mode thing i mentioned for multi? Probably a good idea for plague primals too. [/quote] If I were tackling this from a design perspective and it wasn't feasible to do a safe mode (coding is weird), I'd: [LIST] [*]remove Primal and Multi-Gaze from random and replace them with Glowing, so it could be purchased for gems or rarely appear at birth; [*]make Primal eyes into individual effect scrolls and put them into the flight-specific festival drop tables, or available for Prismatic Tokens; [*]do the same with Multi-Gaze for Night of the Nocturne. [/LIST] It wouldn't prevent people from seeing them entirely, but it would give them a lot more control over their experience, similar to gross/scary skins and apparel. I looooove the Multi-Gaze but can totally understand why someone would be horrified to have one of their little beans come out covered in psychedelic eyeballs. [/quote] Yeah I know very, very little about coding, but I do understand the way i implied it was kind of a tall order. but this sounds like a good way to do it too, just so people who don't want to see it have more control.
Supercell wrote on 2018-06-10 15:28:58:
upowlnight wrote on 2018-06-10 15:14:12:
ALSO that safe-mode thing i mentioned for multi? Probably a good idea for plague primals too.

If I were tackling this from a design perspective and it wasn't feasible to do a safe mode (coding is weird), I'd:
  • remove Primal and Multi-Gaze from random and replace them with Glowing, so it could be purchased for gems or rarely appear at birth;
  • make Primal eyes into individual effect scrolls and put them into the flight-specific festival drop tables, or available for Prismatic Tokens;
  • do the same with Multi-Gaze for Night of the Nocturne.
It wouldn't prevent people from seeing them entirely, but it would give them a lot more control over their experience, similar to gross/scary skins and apparel. I looooove the Multi-Gaze but can totally understand why someone would be horrified to have one of their little beans come out covered in psychedelic eyeballs.

Yeah I know very, very little about coding, but I do understand the way i implied it was kind of a tall order. but this sounds like a good way to do it too, just so people who don't want to see it have more control.
eghygkL.pngko5Egz8.png
@Shirenu Would it really? The same thing happens every time they release a new gem gene. It's not even unprecedented; tricolor scatterscrolls are the equivalent item, and they're a gem marketplace fixture.

If the outcome ratios on these things weren't so warped, nobody would have batted an... eye. Oh. I walked myself right into that one.

@ShylaShadow You're simplifying things; it's more complicated than simple like/dislike. Most users are happy about the existence of this update. It's just that many users, and most posters, are unhappy with one or more aspects of the implementation. For instance, I consider myself happy with the update, even if I'm unhappy with the default eye change, :/ about the window of availability for the scattersights, and disappointed in my flight's Primal.

@Mrgrimm150 It's just speculation on my part. But I thought it was pretty clear they don't want this to be a quarternary gene.
@Shirenu Would it really? The same thing happens every time they release a new gem gene. It's not even unprecedented; tricolor scatterscrolls are the equivalent item, and they're a gem marketplace fixture.

If the outcome ratios on these things weren't so warped, nobody would have batted an... eye. Oh. I walked myself right into that one.

@ShylaShadow You're simplifying things; it's more complicated than simple like/dislike. Most users are happy about the existence of this update. It's just that many users, and most posters, are unhappy with one or more aspects of the implementation. For instance, I consider myself happy with the update, even if I'm unhappy with the default eye change, :/ about the window of availability for the scattersights, and disappointed in my flight's Primal.

@Mrgrimm150 It's just speculation on my part. But I thought it was pretty clear they don't want this to be a quarternary gene.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Weppy" date="2018-06-10 16:11:10" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] [center]That would make sense, but the odds are so terrible for certain eyes that I feel it completely negates this. When I learned the chance of getting multi-gaze was less than 1% I was frustrated beyond words since I had used a handful of vials on one of my mirrors. I ended up just settling for unusual instead of wasting more gems. If they wanted people to be able to allow their older dragons to get in on the new eyes I feel they should have just done a limited release for each eye type in the gem/treasure mp or made the vials have as even a chance as possible.[/center] [/quote] Yeah, the real winning move would have been to make the Specific Eye Type Item brewable and Coli drops available for these 3 days (and the rarity tiers can remain in the form of the brew time and rarity of the Baldwin materials and the lower chance of them appearing as loot) and then retire, and then the Vials of Scattersight stay as permanent Marketplace items. Oh, hindsight. edit: Or just make the Specific Eye Type Item available in the Marketplace temporarily for these three days for maximum profit opportunity, the gems would have come pouring in. tl;dr: Guaranteed Specific Eye Type Item = available for these 3 days only; Vial of Scattersight = permanently available
Weppy wrote on 2018-06-10 16:11:10:
That would make sense, but the odds are so terrible for certain eyes that I feel it completely negates this. When I learned the chance of getting multi-gaze was less than 1% I was frustrated beyond words since I had used a handful of vials on one of my mirrors. I ended up just settling for unusual instead of wasting more gems. If they wanted people to be able to allow their older dragons to get in on the new eyes I feel they should have just done a limited release for each eye type in the gem/treasure mp or made the vials have as even a chance as possible.

Yeah, the real winning move would have been to make the Specific Eye Type Item brewable and Coli drops available for these 3 days (and the rarity tiers can remain in the form of the brew time and rarity of the Baldwin materials and the lower chance of them appearing as loot) and then retire, and then the Vials of Scattersight stay as permanent Marketplace items. Oh, hindsight.

edit: Or just make the Specific Eye Type Item available in the Marketplace temporarily for these three days for maximum profit opportunity, the gems would have come pouring in.

tl;dr: Guaranteed Specific Eye Type Item = available for these 3 days only; Vial of Scattersight = permanently available
1 2 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 304 305