Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 304 305
When I first saw the event info, I didn't actually read it. I sorta kinda skimmed it and assumed that common, uncommon, unusual and rare were in one group and faceted, multi-gaze and primal in a second group and, glow by itself in a third group. I thought we were getting 3 items with 2 in the treasure market place and 1 in the gem marketplace. Also thinking that the assumed Treasure MP options we would get 1 of each free and wanting more or the other options would require a coli grind or were brewable.

But when I didn't see what I had assumed, then I actually went to properly read the update. The frustration for me ended up being not having more options for my current dragons. Right now my lair is maxed out and I'm saving for future expanding but, it did definitely make the event rewards not seem as great. Plus after a short coli grind for a few more vials it added to the disappointment because every vial use only got the uncommon as a result. A so-so RNG would maybe switch at least between the same two options. Nightmare RNG gives you the same thing each time. If there was at least one different result I would probably just think RNG is just not on my side. But 0 different results and that seems like an error. Though the silver lining is if you want the uncommon eyes for a current dragon you've got really good odds.

Overall though, I think this event might have been better served if all the tint change options would be the ones we'd always see in breeding. With the others that have more drastic changes be Treasure MP items (Faceted and Multi-gaze) and Gem MP Items (Primal and Glowing).

Because honestly, since I assumed the more drastic eye options would be its own thing I was ready to buy some gems and get what I wanted from the auction house if sniping was next to impossible.
When I first saw the event info, I didn't actually read it. I sorta kinda skimmed it and assumed that common, uncommon, unusual and rare were in one group and faceted, multi-gaze and primal in a second group and, glow by itself in a third group. I thought we were getting 3 items with 2 in the treasure market place and 1 in the gem marketplace. Also thinking that the assumed Treasure MP options we would get 1 of each free and wanting more or the other options would require a coli grind or were brewable.

But when I didn't see what I had assumed, then I actually went to properly read the update. The frustration for me ended up being not having more options for my current dragons. Right now my lair is maxed out and I'm saving for future expanding but, it did definitely make the event rewards not seem as great. Plus after a short coli grind for a few more vials it added to the disappointment because every vial use only got the uncommon as a result. A so-so RNG would maybe switch at least between the same two options. Nightmare RNG gives you the same thing each time. If there was at least one different result I would probably just think RNG is just not on my side. But 0 different results and that seems like an error. Though the silver lining is if you want the uncommon eyes for a current dragon you've got really good odds.

Overall though, I think this event might have been better served if all the tint change options would be the ones we'd always see in breeding. With the others that have more drastic changes be Treasure MP items (Faceted and Multi-gaze) and Gem MP Items (Primal and Glowing).

Because honestly, since I assumed the more drastic eye options would be its own thing I was ready to buy some gems and get what I wanted from the auction house if sniping was next to impossible.
Sighs heavily
God give us patience.
Sighs heavily
God give us patience.
[quote name="Numinous" date="2018-06-10 14:57:02" ] yo everyone please calm down. it's a virtual pet site. if you're not having fun, take a break. walk away. go outside. if you're genuinely upset and this is affecting your daily real life, then maybe it's time to do something else. [/quote] That's pretty unhelpful. This is a thread for talking about the new update. Folks are gonna talk about the new update, including what they don't like about it. People are being pretty calm.
Numinous wrote on 2018-06-10 14:57:02:
yo everyone please calm down. it's a virtual pet site. if you're not having fun, take a break. walk away. go outside.

if you're genuinely upset and this is affecting your daily real life, then maybe it's time to do something else.

That's pretty unhelpful.

This is a thread for talking about the new update. Folks are gonna talk about the new update, including what they don't like about it.

People are being pretty calm.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
It feels a bit skeevy that the odds are this abysmal, and that the window of availability is so small. Those factors combined mean that almost no one will be able to gather the amount of vials they need through coli grinding & brewing alone. That means players are left with one other option - buy the vials. And to buy more than a few, you're either going to have to liquidate your assets fast, or buy gems with real money. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this is beginning to seem like a cash grab to me...
It feels a bit skeevy that the odds are this abysmal, and that the window of availability is so small. Those factors combined mean that almost no one will be able to gather the amount of vials they need through coli grinding & brewing alone. That means players are left with one other option - buy the vials. And to buy more than a few, you're either going to have to liquidate your assets fast, or buy gems with real money. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this is beginning to seem like a cash grab to me...

tumblr_pnwhemXvkb1s27st2o1_250.png

[quote name="QueenCheetah93" date="2018-06-10 15:51:52" ] Hear me out guys.... introduce a weekend festival every year... called the EYE'DS OF MARCH Where vials drop randomly in the coli/ can be brewed. *finger guns* [/quote] Yes. I like you. Where's the KS for this @FallenAngel in a perfect world, it'd serve as an awesome foreshadowing for a cockatrice/basilisk-inspired breed. gimme dragons with combs and wattles LOL.. especially one really grotesque and plague-y
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2018-06-10 15:51:52:
Hear me out guys.... introduce a weekend festival every year...

called the EYE'DS OF MARCH

Where vials drop randomly in the coli/ can be brewed.

*finger guns*
Yes. I like you. Where's the KS for this

@FallenAngel
in a perfect world, it'd serve as an awesome foreshadowing for a cockatrice/basilisk-inspired breed. gimme dragons with combs and wattles LOL.. especially one really grotesque and plague-y
[quote name="Shirenu" date="2018-06-10 15:55:15" ] It feels a bit skeevy that the odds are this abysmal, and that the window of availability is so small. Those factors combined mean that almost no one will be able to gather the amount of vials they need through coli grinding & brewing alone. That means players are left with one other option - buy the vials. And to buy more than a few, you're either going to have to liquidate your assets fast, or buy gems with real money. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this is beginning to seem like a cash grab to me... [/quote] omg this... actually makes sense and im losing faith in staff
Shirenu wrote on 2018-06-10 15:55:15:

omg this... actually makes sense and im losing faith in staff
ranibow | she/her | cartoonist | jackalope | virgo/aquarius/scorpio | rogue of space
If they wanted cash, it makes more sense to release the scattersights in the gem marketplace for Insert Price Here. People would have complained horribly about the price-to-odds ratio, but in the long term it would earn them much more money. This will see an uptick in gems purchased for precisely three days, and then no longer. Whereas releasing them in the gem marketplace still would have gotten that initial hype bump, and then a steady profit winner henceforth.
If they wanted cash, it makes more sense to release the scattersights in the gem marketplace for Insert Price Here. People would have complained horribly about the price-to-odds ratio, but in the long term it would earn them much more money. This will see an uptick in gems purchased for precisely three days, and then no longer. Whereas releasing them in the gem marketplace still would have gotten that initial hype bump, and then a steady profit winner henceforth.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Shirenu

You're not the only one to have this thought. I don't like it, but it's possible. I still think that they better way to get people to buy gems would be to put Scattersights in the gem MP, but...
@Shirenu

You're not the only one to have this thought. I don't like it, but it's possible. I still think that they better way to get people to buy gems would be to put Scattersights in the gem MP, but...
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Takemi" date="2018-06-10 15:31:20" ] At this point, I have basically living on the coli for 3 days, so if they don't retire the vials I would be so mad xD Anyway, I can deal with most of the things changed. I still don't like that they changed the old eyes. The color itself doesn't affect me enough to be a problem, but it does to others. It's really sad that their dragons no longer have matching eyes. The thing that does bother me about the change of the old eyes is the desing of the female bog, this one was one of my favorites and now her eyes looks weird. And it's not the color. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=12&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=80&auth=87412bf9b01b978a45840b0248604427d0a5464e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I don't see that problem with male bogs or hatchlings. So for now, she is gonna be with her eyes covered because honestly it does bother me alot and have no idea if they are going to fix it or not. But she was one of my favorite dragons and I expend 588kt and 1200g on her. (You can see her old eyes on my signature) [/quote] Well I was going to originally type up a post wondering why my female bogsneak's nature eyes still look the same in my lair (not saying I don't believe you, just curious if it only affected some eyes or what?), but then I posted her picture and previewed it and lo and behold, she had the same odd eyes without defined dark pupils in the preview. But for some reason, in my lair, she still has the same old bogsneak eyes? The scrying workshop preview brings up the new eye look too, so I'm not sure what exactly the whole thing is here. Preview: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37355897] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/373559/37355897_350.png[/img] [/url] But then on her actual lair page, if you click to it, she has the same old eyes from before?
Takemi wrote on 2018-06-10 15:31:20:
At this point, I have basically living on the coli for 3 days, so if they don't retire the vials I would be so mad xD

Anyway, I can deal with most of the things changed. I still don't like that they changed the old eyes. The color itself doesn't affect me enough to be a problem, but it does to others. It's really sad that their dragons no longer have matching eyes.

The thing that does bother me about the change of the old eyes is the desing of the female bog, this one was one of my favorites and now her eyes looks weird. And it's not the color.

dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=12&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=80&auth=87412bf9b01b978a45840b0248604427d0a5464e&dummyext=prev.png

I don't see that problem with male bogs or hatchlings. So for now, she is gonna be with her eyes covered because honestly it does bother me alot and have no idea if they are going to fix it or not. But she was one of my favorite dragons and I expend 588kt and 1200g on her. (You can see her old eyes on my signature)

Well I was going to originally type up a post wondering why my female bogsneak's nature eyes still look the same in my lair (not saying I don't believe you, just curious if it only affected some eyes or what?), but then I posted her picture and previewed it and lo and behold, she had the same odd eyes without defined dark pupils in the preview. But for some reason, in my lair, she still has the same old bogsneak eyes? The scrying workshop preview brings up the new eye look too, so I'm not sure what exactly the whole thing is here.

Preview:
37355897_350.png

But then on her actual lair page, if you click to it, she has the same old eyes from before?
Please release an item that lets us revert back to common eyes at least. This event looked so cool until I realized how ridiculous it actually was once my initial hype died down and I read more. I don't want all my future breeding projects tone ruined by ugly eyes with no way to change them. :/
Please release an item that lets us revert back to common eyes at least. This event looked so cool until I realized how ridiculous it actually was once my initial hype died down and I read more. I don't want all my future breeding projects tone ruined by ugly eyes with no way to change them. :/
9d11366f2d678472ace38a6e2311a4162142dafe.pngc606edbc4eb0e9fc5f363d0a028913517bcfdd6f.pngf77dd2353663cc89fe0668da0c86703e666d76bf.png
35cb8654572db4db5b4520c6e28f636d01bdf0c7.png555e3ba7f82dd592b638a85ef9deb25dff5daab3.png49dbd7b5f3a522b38f038622c0fc08016c5b26a1.png
1 2 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 304 305