Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 304 305
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="QueenCheetah93" date="2018-06-10 15:51:52" ] Hear me out guys.... introduce a weekend festival every year... called the EYE'DS OF MARCH Where vials drop randomly in the coli/ can be brewed. *finger guns* [/quote] [i]Yes, if only for the pun alone[/i]
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2018-06-10 15:51:52:
Hear me out guys.... introduce a weekend festival every year...

called the EYE'DS OF MARCH

Where vials drop randomly in the coli/ can be brewed.

*finger guns*
Yes, if only for the pun alone
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:01:00" ] If they wanted cash, it makes more sense to release the scattersights in the gem marketplace for Insert Price Here. People would have complained horribly about the price-to-odds ratio, but in the long term it would earn them much more money. This will see an uptick in gems purchased for precisely three days, and then no longer. Whereas releasing them in the gem marketplace still would have gotten that initial hype bump, and then a steady profit winner henceforth. [/quote] I agree. This might make them some money for a time, but it isn't consistent. FR is also really good about gems in general-the staff could have easily made them untradeable, or even tied specific parts of the site to gems. Allowed one to "bribe your way to victory", to use the TvTropes term.
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-10 16:01:00:
If they wanted cash, it makes more sense to release the scattersights in the gem marketplace for Insert Price Here. People would have complained horribly about the price-to-odds ratio, but in the long term it would earn them much more money. This will see an uptick in gems purchased for precisely three days, and then no longer. Whereas releasing them in the gem marketplace still would have gotten that initial hype bump, and then a steady profit winner henceforth.

I agree. This might make them some money for a time, but it isn't consistent. FR is also really good about gems in general-the staff could have easily made them untradeable, or even tied specific parts of the site to gems. Allowed one to "bribe your way to victory", to use the TvTropes term.
@Toppazz

The images in your browser's caché haven't been updated with the new version; if you go to refresh the images (the little button next to your dragon's name in your lair pages) or manually clear your browser's caché you'll see the new version.

This might be a good time to save the old image to your computer for posterity, while you still have access to it.
@Toppazz

The images in your browser's caché haven't been updated with the new version; if you go to refresh the images (the little button next to your dragon's name in your lair pages) or manually clear your browser's caché you'll see the new version.

This might be a good time to save the old image to your computer for posterity, while you still have access to it.
[quote name="ShylaShadow" date="2018-06-10 15:47:09" ] I feel like there's more people who like the update than don't. [/quote] Eh, it's a mixed bag, honestly. I know I enjoy the update overall, however I still find most of the criticisms here to be perfectly reasonable (though unlikely to be addressed given how stuff like this has gone in the past, which is also feeding into why people are being so critical). It's okay for people to have differing opinions, it really is, and people can both like and dislike different aspects of the same update, ya feel?
ShylaShadow wrote on 2018-06-10 15:47:09:
I feel like there's more people who like the update than don't.
Eh, it's a mixed bag, honestly. I know I enjoy the update overall, however I still find most of the criticisms here to be perfectly reasonable (though unlikely to be addressed given how stuff like this has gone in the past, which is also feeding into why people are being so critical). It's okay for people to have differing opinions, it really is, and people can both like and dislike different aspects of the same update, ya feel?
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I also do not know at all how no one even thought how this would alter the way nests/buying/dumping dragons would work.

When this event hit, I noticed people were mass dumping perfectly pretty and amazing dragons in the AH for below the standard adult dragon prices. People were throwing away dragons because they were a.) Returning in time for the event and didnt want to feed their dead dragons b.) Making room for new projects/quick treasure for these new eyes c.) Knew they wouldn't be able to RNG for the eyes in time so it would be easier to mass dump the dragons and try to earn through future nests.

In two more days, the AH will be FLOOOOOODDEEDD with fodder. The event hit and seeing as the eyes are random, everyone most likely threw in any and all pairs they could at that moment. Why? Gotta breed those new eyes everyone will pay out the wazoo for! But what does this mean? It means that the common/unusual eyes will be worth a lot less, or even next to nothing. These will extra flood the market. This cycle will continue to repeat for a long time, if not forever, at this rare. The primal eyes and such are super super rare, and that is what people are going to really want.

With the limited nests and limited space (not counting the new storage system we do not know enough about) there is not enough room for the collectors, hoarders, and hardcore players to hold onto everything. I personally do not like holding onto a bunch of perma dragons because I cannot feed them all. I now have a page and a half to two pages of perma dragons that will never have the eyes I want.

Do I throw them out and try again for new ones? Once I get the new dragon with the primal eye on it, OUT IT GOES TOO (except for progen, gen 1s, and low numbers.)

Also with how rare some of the eye types are, they are going to be very very hard for people to get their hands on for a very very long time. I tend to wait it out when genes are first released, did this with the filigre. I was blessed with a good filigre for 7k rather than paying 200kt+

But these eyes? People will be restarting old projects.
Making new projects.
Attempting to sell out for high.
So on and so forth.
And because it isn't genetic... this makes it even worse imo.
I also do not know at all how no one even thought how this would alter the way nests/buying/dumping dragons would work.

When this event hit, I noticed people were mass dumping perfectly pretty and amazing dragons in the AH for below the standard adult dragon prices. People were throwing away dragons because they were a.) Returning in time for the event and didnt want to feed their dead dragons b.) Making room for new projects/quick treasure for these new eyes c.) Knew they wouldn't be able to RNG for the eyes in time so it would be easier to mass dump the dragons and try to earn through future nests.

In two more days, the AH will be FLOOOOOODDEEDD with fodder. The event hit and seeing as the eyes are random, everyone most likely threw in any and all pairs they could at that moment. Why? Gotta breed those new eyes everyone will pay out the wazoo for! But what does this mean? It means that the common/unusual eyes will be worth a lot less, or even next to nothing. These will extra flood the market. This cycle will continue to repeat for a long time, if not forever, at this rare. The primal eyes and such are super super rare, and that is what people are going to really want.

With the limited nests and limited space (not counting the new storage system we do not know enough about) there is not enough room for the collectors, hoarders, and hardcore players to hold onto everything. I personally do not like holding onto a bunch of perma dragons because I cannot feed them all. I now have a page and a half to two pages of perma dragons that will never have the eyes I want.

Do I throw them out and try again for new ones? Once I get the new dragon with the primal eye on it, OUT IT GOES TOO (except for progen, gen 1s, and low numbers.)

Also with how rare some of the eye types are, they are going to be very very hard for people to get their hands on for a very very long time. I tend to wait it out when genes are first released, did this with the filigre. I was blessed with a good filigre for 7k rather than paying 200kt+

But these eyes? People will be restarting old projects.
Making new projects.
Attempting to sell out for high.
So on and so forth.
And because it isn't genetic... this makes it even worse imo.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
I’m quite stoked about the new eyes! Worst case for my numerous breeding for profit projects - fodder or a reduced cost dragon for people who like an aesthetic, but don’t require a perfect fit. Or fodder. Or an opportunity to find something that works better.

I’ll be over in the coli grinding while there’s still time...
I’m quite stoked about the new eyes! Worst case for my numerous breeding for profit projects - fodder or a reduced cost dragon for people who like an aesthetic, but don’t require a perfect fit. Or fodder. Or an opportunity to find something that works better.

I’ll be over in the coli grinding while there’s still time...
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. Tst6O5g.png egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you."
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-10 16:04:31:

If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest...

It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event.

"Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you."
[quote name="Numinous" date="2018-06-10 14:57:02" ] yo everyone please calm down. it's a virtual pet site. if you're not having fun, take a break. walk away. go outside. if you're genuinely upset and this is affecting your daily real life, then maybe it's time to do something else. [/quote] This does not apply for everyone. Some people have invested money and their time in this, to some other people this site is very important and a daily saviour, and to some people this website is a major part of their life. It's not just "fiction" and "virtual fun", it's a huge part of their existence, some people will take major changes like these as bothersome. Not everyone can handle something like this easily.
Numinous wrote on 2018-06-10 14:57:02:
yo everyone please calm down. it's a virtual pet site. if you're not having fun, take a break. walk away. go outside.

if you're genuinely upset and this is affecting your daily real life, then maybe it's time to do something else.

This does not apply for everyone. Some people have invested money and their time in this, to some other people this site is very important and a daily saviour, and to some people this website is a major part of their life. It's not just "fiction" and "virtual fun", it's a huge part of their existence, some people will take major changes like these as bothersome. Not everyone can handle something like this easily.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
@Laluzi @Firtarian

Putting them in the gem marketplace directly would have been such an obvious **** move that I think it may have generated a lot of resentment. I think they expected giving the vials to us this way to pass for more of a gift. (Although that's backfired hard.)

"Look, you can get this rare item and sell it for a lot! :)"

But the real profit goes to them, when people buy gems. And the retiring thing means people are more desperate to get their hands on the vials, as well - and having to act fast could encourage people to make spur of the moment spending decisions.
@Laluzi @Firtarian

Putting them in the gem marketplace directly would have been such an obvious **** move that I think it may have generated a lot of resentment. I think they expected giving the vials to us this way to pass for more of a gift. (Although that's backfired hard.)

"Look, you can get this rare item and sell it for a lot! :)"

But the real profit goes to them, when people buy gems. And the retiring thing means people are more desperate to get their hands on the vials, as well - and having to act fast could encourage people to make spur of the moment spending decisions.

tumblr_pnwhemXvkb1s27st2o1_250.png

1 2 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 304 305