Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [FundsRising] First Edition Trial Run!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Oh, cool! Pinglist, please?
Oh, cool! Pinglist, please?
I also agree, the first post has to be more readable. The "who is currently fundraising" should be in the first 5 or so lines.

the name is kinda okay, but on the other side I can relate to the concernes the others have mentioned once they named them.
I also agree, the first post has to be more readable. The "who is currently fundraising" should be in the first 5 or so lines.

the name is kinda okay, but on the other side I can relate to the concernes the others have mentioned once they named them.
@Cheshly

I somehow missed you! Ack! You've now been added to the pinlist!

@KyraG

Due to feedback on the thread, the header name was changed to be a little more clear. The premise is that it's actually called FundsWatch, but the d and s for Funds got cut from the budget, which dropped it to FunWatch. It was more a play on how most Dom Banks feel after a hard versus conquest, at least from what I've heard from friends. Also, I reworked the intro so that the main information is at the top and people can scroll more for the rest of the information. Future versions will indeed be shorter.

@Neffi

Certainly wasn't out to pull any kind of negativity! What do you think of the name now? Also, is the new front page format better for this run? Thank you for your feedback!

@Perrydotto

It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style. Certainly did not intend to make it seem mean-spirited at all, because it isn't. It's purpose is actually as more of a companion thread to DomWatch. DomWatch is everything related to pushes happening right now, whereas FundsWatch is more about the fundraisers that let future pushes happen.

I did rearrange the first post for ease of people getting in and finding what they're after first, so let me know if that looks better. I'm really glad that this trial run is getting so much feedback! It helps me morph and change things to better suit what people actually want to see and read.

@sparklesdani

The reason FundsWatch was used is because you can participate in fundraisers the same way that you can participate in Dominance. No, it's not necessarily leveling dragons and sending them to a deity, but it is still an active participation event where goods are sent to the flight of choice to help them achieve Dominance. While DomWatch is looking at flights that are wanting their Dominance rewards right now, FundsWatch is more about making sure that epic battles can continue to occur, like a predecessor to the battle. On top of that, by watching the fundraisers that each flight has, one can get an idea about which ones are possibly gearing up for a push or not.

I did change the order of the first post, so let me know if that works better. I know the introduction is a little wordy, but it gives the premise behind the name. Thank you for your feedback!

@Nyllei

I'm glad you like it! You've been added to the pinglist.

@Epiphyllum

Got you too! You've been added to the pinglist.

@MiniDrachin

It's not quite the first 5 lines, but I did move that information up. In future iterations the information should definitely be closer to the top, and the thread will start to look different. I've gotten enough interest so far to start thinking about how to make the thread better and more versatile for next week. Also, the header has been altered because I can understand the concerns there as well.
@Cheshly

I somehow missed you! Ack! You've now been added to the pinlist!

@KyraG

Due to feedback on the thread, the header name was changed to be a little more clear. The premise is that it's actually called FundsWatch, but the d and s for Funds got cut from the budget, which dropped it to FunWatch. It was more a play on how most Dom Banks feel after a hard versus conquest, at least from what I've heard from friends. Also, I reworked the intro so that the main information is at the top and people can scroll more for the rest of the information. Future versions will indeed be shorter.

@Neffi

Certainly wasn't out to pull any kind of negativity! What do you think of the name now? Also, is the new front page format better for this run? Thank you for your feedback!

@Perrydotto

It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style. Certainly did not intend to make it seem mean-spirited at all, because it isn't. It's purpose is actually as more of a companion thread to DomWatch. DomWatch is everything related to pushes happening right now, whereas FundsWatch is more about the fundraisers that let future pushes happen.

I did rearrange the first post for ease of people getting in and finding what they're after first, so let me know if that looks better. I'm really glad that this trial run is getting so much feedback! It helps me morph and change things to better suit what people actually want to see and read.

@sparklesdani

The reason FundsWatch was used is because you can participate in fundraisers the same way that you can participate in Dominance. No, it's not necessarily leveling dragons and sending them to a deity, but it is still an active participation event where goods are sent to the flight of choice to help them achieve Dominance. While DomWatch is looking at flights that are wanting their Dominance rewards right now, FundsWatch is more about making sure that epic battles can continue to occur, like a predecessor to the battle. On top of that, by watching the fundraisers that each flight has, one can get an idea about which ones are possibly gearing up for a push or not.

I did change the order of the first post, so let me know if that works better. I know the introduction is a little wordy, but it gives the premise behind the name. Thank you for your feedback!

@Nyllei

I'm glad you like it! You've been added to the pinglist.

@Epiphyllum

Got you too! You've been added to the pinglist.

@MiniDrachin

It's not quite the first 5 lines, but I did move that information up. In future iterations the information should definitely be closer to the top, and the thread will start to look different. I've gotten enough interest so far to start thinking about how to make the thread better and more versatile for next week. Also, the header has been altered because I can understand the concerns there as well.
CS0nkUR.png
[quote name="ShadeOfChaos" date="2018-06-10 11:14:29" ] It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style. Certainly did not intend to make it seem mean-spirited at all, because it isn't. [/quote] The fact that you admit to copying a successful thread [i]so closely[/i] just to accumulate an audience calls into question your ethics. This really does look like you just ripped off Dom Watch. You've been given a lot of good advice by a number of people, so if you really aren't being spiteful to Dom Watch and you really do want your idea to flourish, maybe become something unique a little sooner. I myself am not trying to be spiteful or rude, I just notice that there's a lot of unrest in this thread already, and if you're to be successful, you might want to diffuse that as soon as possible.
ShadeOfChaos wrote on 2018-06-10 11:14:29:
It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style. Certainly did not intend to make it seem mean-spirited at all, because it isn't.

The fact that you admit to copying a successful thread so closely just to accumulate an audience calls into question your ethics. This really does look like you just ripped off Dom Watch. You've been given a lot of good advice by a number of people, so if you really aren't being spiteful to Dom Watch and you really do want your idea to flourish, maybe become something unique a little sooner. I myself am not trying to be spiteful or rude, I just notice that there's a lot of unrest in this thread already, and if you're to be successful, you might want to diffuse that as soon as possible.
tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo3_250.png
@ShadeOfChaos

Hm, the name is a bit better I think, though I don't think the "ds" should be in brackets. And remember for the future to also change it in the post itself, not just the header.

Front page looks better, though the actual "who's fundraising" part is still kinda easy to miss. But I'm assuming next editions won't have the whole RP/lore part, and then it'll be clearer.

Good effort, I hope this does well.
@ShadeOfChaos

Hm, the name is a bit better I think, though I don't think the "ds" should be in brackets. And remember for the future to also change it in the post itself, not just the header.

Front page looks better, though the actual "who's fundraising" part is still kinda easy to miss. But I'm assuming next editions won't have the whole RP/lore part, and then it'll be clearer.

Good effort, I hope this does well.
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
[quote name="@ShadeOfChaos" date="2018-06-10 11:14:29" ] It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style. [/quote] [quote name="ShadeOfChaos" date="2018-06-10 11:14:29" ] It's purpose is actually as more of a companion thread to DomWatch. [/quote] Did... you even ask if DomWatch wants a companion thread? Because like it was pointed out higher, straight-up copying something successful just to get attention? A bad start :( And sorry, but in my opinion the name is now even more confusing - the weird implications of "fun" vs "Dom" are still there, but now wrapped up in parenthesis for an added question of what is (ds)...
@ShadeOfChaos wrote on 2018-06-10 11:14:29:
It was meant to look similar to DomWatch's thread for a first post specifically because I know how popular DomWatch is. They're so good that they're obviously doing a lot of things right! Once I know there's interest, the look of the thread will change to become something more my style.
ShadeOfChaos wrote on 2018-06-10 11:14:29:
It's purpose is actually as more of a companion thread to DomWatch.

Did... you even ask if DomWatch wants a companion thread? Because like it was pointed out higher, straight-up copying something successful just to get attention? A bad start :(

And sorry, but in my opinion the name is now even more confusing - the weird implications of "fun" vs "Dom" are still there, but now wrapped up in parenthesis for an added question of what is (ds)...
JQQ3Fjt.png
Why? |=

ETA:
I needed to go back through and read all of this nonsense and I stick with my original reaction. This is embarrassing as it currently stands. Did you even talk to Dom Watch? Why is this called [anything] Watch? What are you watching? Remove the passive aggressive "THIS IS FUN AND DOM WATCH IS NOT".

This whole thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I do not post on the forums but this dragged me out of my hole.
Why? |=

ETA:
I needed to go back through and read all of this nonsense and I stick with my original reaction. This is embarrassing as it currently stands. Did you even talk to Dom Watch? Why is this called [anything] Watch? What are you watching? Remove the passive aggressive "THIS IS FUN AND DOM WATCH IS NOT".

This whole thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I do not post on the forums but this dragged me out of my hole.
plague_rune_50x50.png
Nice! I'd like to be added to the pinglist please.

(Also, for those of you with concerns, I believe the DomWatch team DID give permission for FundWatch to be created as a companion thread. Or, at least, they did last I checked. Had things changed since then?)
Nice! I'd like to be added to the pinglist please.

(Also, for those of you with concerns, I believe the DomWatch team DID give permission for FundWatch to be created as a companion thread. Or, at least, they did last I checked. Had things changed since then?)
[quote name="Insectoid" date="2018-06-10 13:55:05" ] (Also, for those of you with concerns, I believe the DomWatch team DID give permission for FundWatch to be created as a companion thread. Or, at least, they did last I checked. Had things changed since then?) [/quote] Where/When? Receipts please.
Insectoid wrote on 2018-06-10 13:55:05:

Where/When? Receipts please.
fr_danika5.png notn_buttrocks.png 70u2TUD.png
@Insectoid @/Anyone else who sees this

Hi, DW person here. Nobody told or asked me about this. I didn't find out that this was a thing until somebody told me on Discord and I checked when I woke up.
@Insectoid @/Anyone else who sees this

Hi, DW person here. Nobody told or asked me about this. I didn't find out that this was a thing until somebody told me on Discord and I checked when I woke up.
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10