Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [FundsRising] First Edition Trial Run!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I would love to be added to the pinglist as well. I'm very excited to see this come to life and see where it goes from here.
I would love to be added to the pinglist as well. I'm very excited to see this come to life and see where it goes from here.
@Imorca

I am very confused by the fact that this came up in the first place as a "weekly thing" - because all DW did was remove the reserves for fundraisers. It was never up for debate about people posting their fundraisers within the thread.

And let's all be honest here: it's not hard to post on the first page when the ping goes out and the reserved posts happen.

I just wish this were done in an original format and with the support of DW -- neither of which happened.
@Imorca

I am very confused by the fact that this came up in the first place as a "weekly thing" - because all DW did was remove the reserves for fundraisers. It was never up for debate about people posting their fundraisers within the thread.

And let's all be honest here: it's not hard to post on the first page when the ping goes out and the reserved posts happen.

I just wish this were done in an original format and with the support of DW -- neither of which happened.
fr_danika5.png notn_buttrocks.png 70u2TUD.png
@TheKillingEdge

Honestly, it can be pretty hard to post on the front page because there's absolutely no guarantee a fundraiser rep can be on at the exact time DomWatch is posted. And frankly, as someone who looks at DomWatch each week, I often don't hear that it's posted until several hours later or I'm not on at the time it is...furthermore, I've never once checked any of the posts below the reserves. I'm sure many of the people are the same way. I don't want to sift through posts, and I'm sure many other don't want to either.

As for the format, the constructive criticism is appreciated, I'm sure. Several people have already complained about the format or the wall of text (I don't care for the wall of text either). This is a trial run so I'm sure Shade will take the advice from everyone and work on changing them, but as for DW's approval...I'm curious as to why it's needed? I understand Shade said it was a "companion thread" but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be featured with DW each week. If anything, the phrasing can be revoked and this thread can "stand on its own," so to say. Other than that phrasing, I don't understand why the Dom Team's approval is needed.

I hope I didn't sound harsh at all, that's not the tone I mean for my words.
@TheKillingEdge

Honestly, it can be pretty hard to post on the front page because there's absolutely no guarantee a fundraiser rep can be on at the exact time DomWatch is posted. And frankly, as someone who looks at DomWatch each week, I often don't hear that it's posted until several hours later or I'm not on at the time it is...furthermore, I've never once checked any of the posts below the reserves. I'm sure many of the people are the same way. I don't want to sift through posts, and I'm sure many other don't want to either.

As for the format, the constructive criticism is appreciated, I'm sure. Several people have already complained about the format or the wall of text (I don't care for the wall of text either). This is a trial run so I'm sure Shade will take the advice from everyone and work on changing them, but as for DW's approval...I'm curious as to why it's needed? I understand Shade said it was a "companion thread" but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be featured with DW each week. If anything, the phrasing can be revoked and this thread can "stand on its own," so to say. Other than that phrasing, I don't understand why the Dom Team's approval is needed.

I hope I didn't sound harsh at all, that's not the tone I mean for my words.
xyzayne1.png
XYZayne
he/him, fr+2
xyzayne2.png
@XYZayne we can agree to disagree on this one.
@XYZayne we can agree to disagree on this one.
@XYZayne
  1. Usually, there's only the front post, then the ping post. Then flight reserves, which at most are two posts. Then there's space for at least six posts on the front page. If that's too many posts to check, I'm not sure anyone can help you.
  2. It's been commented that the DW poll was to get rid of fundraiser reserves, not linking within the thread. This includes the usual links in the very first post, where pushing flight links go, etc. If that's also not worth checking, I'm, again, not sure anyone can help.
  3. Usually, a partnership relationship implies both parties' knowledge and consent. You can't randomly state you're someone's partner and then be upset when that person states they had no knowledge or agreement of this "partnership" and people get on that person's side.
  4. There is such a thing as assets and, in a way, the very formatting of the title is DW's brand, what makes it stand out among other threads so people can easily find it. Using a similar formatting for something different, which DW did not sign off on, is pretty rude, not to mention confusing to users looking for DW. No, DW doesn't own its formatting, but it shouldn't have to change how it presents itself, which is a formatting players have associated with DW for a long time, just so another thread can use its current formatting while staying easy to find.
  5. The Search function exists. You can search for "fundraiser" within the DW threads. This thread's idea as a "companion" to DW is pointless, redundant, and unnecessary as a whole.

I'm just waking up, so my phrasing might be a bit off, but hopefully this is helpful information.
@XYZayne
  1. Usually, there's only the front post, then the ping post. Then flight reserves, which at most are two posts. Then there's space for at least six posts on the front page. If that's too many posts to check, I'm not sure anyone can help you.
  2. It's been commented that the DW poll was to get rid of fundraiser reserves, not linking within the thread. This includes the usual links in the very first post, where pushing flight links go, etc. If that's also not worth checking, I'm, again, not sure anyone can help.
  3. Usually, a partnership relationship implies both parties' knowledge and consent. You can't randomly state you're someone's partner and then be upset when that person states they had no knowledge or agreement of this "partnership" and people get on that person's side.
  4. There is such a thing as assets and, in a way, the very formatting of the title is DW's brand, what makes it stand out among other threads so people can easily find it. Using a similar formatting for something different, which DW did not sign off on, is pretty rude, not to mention confusing to users looking for DW. No, DW doesn't own its formatting, but it shouldn't have to change how it presents itself, which is a formatting players have associated with DW for a long time, just so another thread can use its current formatting while staying easy to find.
  5. The Search function exists. You can search for "fundraiser" within the DW threads. This thread's idea as a "companion" to DW is pointless, redundant, and unnecessary as a whole.

I'm just waking up, so my phrasing might be a bit off, but hopefully this is helpful information.
Wooo, a lot happened while I was out. Okay, let's get cracking. Wall of text incoming, but I promise it's not all one response. :P

@KyraG @Neffi @Perrydotto @sparklesdani @MiniDrachin

The format and naming have been updated. Beta thread 2.0 is open! Since you all expressed concerns with the first one, I’m curious what you think of these changes.

@netherguard

Actually, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say. In order to see if there was even a reason to continue developing this thread, I used something that I knew was a popular format as a base for a trial run. Now that there is indeed interest being garnered, the actual thread development has begun. Hope that clears it up! And I didn’t think you were trying to be spiteful or rude. ^_^ Everyone sees the world differently, which is why I started the thread as a first edition. It lets me see how other people perceive what is being posted and then adjust accordingly to better get the message across. Thank you for the feedback!

@RedWillia

By companion thread, I meant that this thread would work in conjunction with DomWatch, not against it. In other words, this is not an attempt to take over the role that DomWatch fills, but rather a way to allow people who are looking for the fundraising side of Dominance to have a hub to go to as well. Also, the thread has changed to better reflect the vision for it. Let me know if you think there’s anything else that should be altered, and thank you for the feedback!

@Insectoid @TheKillingEdge @October

This project is a standalone. As stated above, what I meant when I said this was a companion thread was that it would work in conjunction with DomWatch, not against it. In other words, this is not an attempt to take over the role that DomWatch fills, but rather a way to allow people who are looking for the fundraising side of Dominance to have a hub to go to as well. I apologize if the wording made it seem like this was some kind of partnership, because that is not what I was after.

@Hokayse

Hi there! I’ve updated the front page, let me know what you think!

@Chlorophyllis

I’ve added you to the pinglist! Also, the front page has changed. I incorporated your suggestion about making a place for long-term fundraisers as well. Great idea!

@Ellapinky @kyonshi @themirrorswish

Thank you for stopping by! I have you all added to the pinglist!

@jinian

Hello there! I would assume that most of the posts that would go here would actually be from the various Dom teams wanting to get their threads out there. For instance, I know Wild Spirit Crafts from Nature seems to run a lot (or at least I seem to see it pop up here and there when they’re not pushing) so this would be a good resource if they wanted to advertise for it. However, I’m not sure of the logistics behind actually contacting each Dom team before posting a fundraiser. If someone contacts me and says they’re running a fundraiser and 50% or more of the funds is going to the Dom Bank, I’m going to believe in good faith that they are telling the truth. I don’t want to dictate how people play the game, and am happy to list threads where people are trying to help out Dom any way they can, whether it is a Dominance Team sanctioned event or not. I like to believe that there are a bunch of good people on the site that want to help out how they can, and this resource might help them!

@Imorca

You’re on the pinglist! Also, the thread has been updated. Let me know what you think!

@WolfTrickster

You have also been added!
Wooo, a lot happened while I was out. Okay, let's get cracking. Wall of text incoming, but I promise it's not all one response. :P

@KyraG @Neffi @Perrydotto @sparklesdani @MiniDrachin

The format and naming have been updated. Beta thread 2.0 is open! Since you all expressed concerns with the first one, I’m curious what you think of these changes.

@netherguard

Actually, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say. In order to see if there was even a reason to continue developing this thread, I used something that I knew was a popular format as a base for a trial run. Now that there is indeed interest being garnered, the actual thread development has begun. Hope that clears it up! And I didn’t think you were trying to be spiteful or rude. ^_^ Everyone sees the world differently, which is why I started the thread as a first edition. It lets me see how other people perceive what is being posted and then adjust accordingly to better get the message across. Thank you for the feedback!

@RedWillia

By companion thread, I meant that this thread would work in conjunction with DomWatch, not against it. In other words, this is not an attempt to take over the role that DomWatch fills, but rather a way to allow people who are looking for the fundraising side of Dominance to have a hub to go to as well. Also, the thread has changed to better reflect the vision for it. Let me know if you think there’s anything else that should be altered, and thank you for the feedback!

@Insectoid @TheKillingEdge @October

This project is a standalone. As stated above, what I meant when I said this was a companion thread was that it would work in conjunction with DomWatch, not against it. In other words, this is not an attempt to take over the role that DomWatch fills, but rather a way to allow people who are looking for the fundraising side of Dominance to have a hub to go to as well. I apologize if the wording made it seem like this was some kind of partnership, because that is not what I was after.

@Hokayse

Hi there! I’ve updated the front page, let me know what you think!

@Chlorophyllis

I’ve added you to the pinglist! Also, the front page has changed. I incorporated your suggestion about making a place for long-term fundraisers as well. Great idea!

@Ellapinky @kyonshi @themirrorswish

Thank you for stopping by! I have you all added to the pinglist!

@jinian

Hello there! I would assume that most of the posts that would go here would actually be from the various Dom teams wanting to get their threads out there. For instance, I know Wild Spirit Crafts from Nature seems to run a lot (or at least I seem to see it pop up here and there when they’re not pushing) so this would be a good resource if they wanted to advertise for it. However, I’m not sure of the logistics behind actually contacting each Dom team before posting a fundraiser. If someone contacts me and says they’re running a fundraiser and 50% or more of the funds is going to the Dom Bank, I’m going to believe in good faith that they are telling the truth. I don’t want to dictate how people play the game, and am happy to list threads where people are trying to help out Dom any way they can, whether it is a Dominance Team sanctioned event or not. I like to believe that there are a bunch of good people on the site that want to help out how they can, and this resource might help them!

@Imorca

You’re on the pinglist! Also, the thread has been updated. Let me know what you think!

@WolfTrickster

You have also been added!
CS0nkUR.png
@Cinderfire

Good morning! I’m glad you could join us, and hope you have had some time to wake up, have coffee, whatever your morning routine is. I’m just heading to bed, personally, but wanted to address everyone. First off, I believe what @XYZayne was saying that there is no guarantee that a fundraiser can actually get to the front page on DomWatch without the reserves, and therefore can get lost in the pages of responses. Let’s face it: you guys are very popular, and rightly so! Some people just don’t want to sift past the front page, and though there is a search feature for a thread, it takes additional work for people to find it. The good news is that this thread will hold all the information for them, should those running fundraisers so wish it.

Secondly, everything in the front post has been updated to better reflect what this thread is about. As stated earlier, the DomWatch format was quick, easy, and worked for most audiences, so it was chosen as a test run, similar to how hatcheries, raffles, and grinding services are set up with the same general format. However, it was never meant to be permanent, more a stepping stone to see if interest was there. Since there is interest, everything has been changed to better fit the final look of the thread. I will continue making changes as I get more feedback, so feel free to let me know what you think.

Third, I did state that this was a companion thread, meaning it would work well side by side with DomWatch to give a full look at what was happening in Dominance. I never stated it was a partnership, and have no interest in partnering with DomWatch. Since you believe this thread to be “pointless, redundant, and unnecessary as a whole”, and seem to be upset that there was any mention of DomWatch at all, I have removed the link to DomWatch in my front post. I had thought it would be a good resource for those that had found this thread by mistake, but I don’t mean to upset anyone, so I hope that eases your conscience.

On a personal note, please make sure to keep personal attacks out of my thread. When someone states that they are confused and don't understand the position is not the time to insinuate they are stupid. It's an opportunity to show them your thought process, to possibly teach them something that they didn't know. Zayne was asking for clarification, trying to understand where someone else was coming from. Saying "if you can't do this there's no help for you" is saying that they are worth less than you because of something they don't understand. That's not right, and as a mentor I would have thought you of all people would have taken the time to be more kind and understanding to someone who needed an explanation.
@Cinderfire

Good morning! I’m glad you could join us, and hope you have had some time to wake up, have coffee, whatever your morning routine is. I’m just heading to bed, personally, but wanted to address everyone. First off, I believe what @XYZayne was saying that there is no guarantee that a fundraiser can actually get to the front page on DomWatch without the reserves, and therefore can get lost in the pages of responses. Let’s face it: you guys are very popular, and rightly so! Some people just don’t want to sift past the front page, and though there is a search feature for a thread, it takes additional work for people to find it. The good news is that this thread will hold all the information for them, should those running fundraisers so wish it.

Secondly, everything in the front post has been updated to better reflect what this thread is about. As stated earlier, the DomWatch format was quick, easy, and worked for most audiences, so it was chosen as a test run, similar to how hatcheries, raffles, and grinding services are set up with the same general format. However, it was never meant to be permanent, more a stepping stone to see if interest was there. Since there is interest, everything has been changed to better fit the final look of the thread. I will continue making changes as I get more feedback, so feel free to let me know what you think.

Third, I did state that this was a companion thread, meaning it would work well side by side with DomWatch to give a full look at what was happening in Dominance. I never stated it was a partnership, and have no interest in partnering with DomWatch. Since you believe this thread to be “pointless, redundant, and unnecessary as a whole”, and seem to be upset that there was any mention of DomWatch at all, I have removed the link to DomWatch in my front post. I had thought it would be a good resource for those that had found this thread by mistake, but I don’t mean to upset anyone, so I hope that eases your conscience.

On a personal note, please make sure to keep personal attacks out of my thread. When someone states that they are confused and don't understand the position is not the time to insinuate they are stupid. It's an opportunity to show them your thought process, to possibly teach them something that they didn't know. Zayne was asking for clarification, trying to understand where someone else was coming from. Saying "if you can't do this there's no help for you" is saying that they are worth less than you because of something they don't understand. That's not right, and as a mentor I would have thought you of all people would have taken the time to be more kind and understanding to someone who needed an explanation.
CS0nkUR.png
@ShadeOfChaos If your initial goal was to determine the level of interest in such an idea, you could have done an interest check, made threads about the subject asking people to give input and see if the idea would be worth pursuing further. That can be done without copying a successful thread so directly. People do interest checks all the time. Maybe you didn't know about this strategy, which is okay, nobody knows everything, but that fact wouldn't excuse the apparent stealing. Some people do perceive what you're doing to be stealing ideas without this successful thread's consent. Time and effort and much refinement were put into DomWatch over a period of time, and I think it's just a bit rude to copy them because what they're doing works. Please think about how that looks on you.

In addition, I agree with Cinderfire. A "companion" thread cannot be a companion to something that doesn't even know it has a companion. It's unethical to make that decision on your own. Maybe the owner of DomWatch had an idea for their own companion thread? Or maybe they'd like to keep their thing to themselves? Whatever their choice, DomWatch is their thing that they oversee. Their decisions about it should be respected and they should have a say in a "companion" thread. It comes off as disrespectful to just come up with such a thing on your own without the DomWatch owner's consent, even if disrespecting them was not your intention.
@ShadeOfChaos If your initial goal was to determine the level of interest in such an idea, you could have done an interest check, made threads about the subject asking people to give input and see if the idea would be worth pursuing further. That can be done without copying a successful thread so directly. People do interest checks all the time. Maybe you didn't know about this strategy, which is okay, nobody knows everything, but that fact wouldn't excuse the apparent stealing. Some people do perceive what you're doing to be stealing ideas without this successful thread's consent. Time and effort and much refinement were put into DomWatch over a period of time, and I think it's just a bit rude to copy them because what they're doing works. Please think about how that looks on you.

In addition, I agree with Cinderfire. A "companion" thread cannot be a companion to something that doesn't even know it has a companion. It's unethical to make that decision on your own. Maybe the owner of DomWatch had an idea for their own companion thread? Or maybe they'd like to keep their thing to themselves? Whatever their choice, DomWatch is their thing that they oversee. Their decisions about it should be respected and they should have a say in a "companion" thread. It comes off as disrespectful to just come up with such a thing on your own without the DomWatch owner's consent, even if disrespecting them was not your intention.
tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo3_250.png
@ShadeofChaos

I will echo Jinian now - if you wish to run an official thread, then assuming that everything posted is actually for that flight is rather... optimistic. For example, Shadow is a big flight and while the majority of people are great, we do have several "bad apples", aka people who use the cover of Dom help to fill their own pockets with other generous people's treasure. If you don't contact any flight rep, then any random fundraiser could use the cover of "for Dom".

Secondly, I do not think that you can call yourself a "companion"... if no-one asked for that companionship. Especially as rather confusingly in the next answer you claim that it's a standalone thread. So if it's a standalone, then copying another thread is not the best start, if it's a companion - the other thread had to know beforehand that they will get a friend. A standalone companion thread sounds like an impossible situation...
@ShadeofChaos

I will echo Jinian now - if you wish to run an official thread, then assuming that everything posted is actually for that flight is rather... optimistic. For example, Shadow is a big flight and while the majority of people are great, we do have several "bad apples", aka people who use the cover of Dom help to fill their own pockets with other generous people's treasure. If you don't contact any flight rep, then any random fundraiser could use the cover of "for Dom".

Secondly, I do not think that you can call yourself a "companion"... if no-one asked for that companionship. Especially as rather confusingly in the next answer you claim that it's a standalone thread. So if it's a standalone, then copying another thread is not the best start, if it's a companion - the other thread had to know beforehand that they will get a friend. A standalone companion thread sounds like an impossible situation...
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote]On a personal note, please make sure to keep personal attacks out of my thread. When someone states that they are confused and don't understand the position is not the time to insinuate they are stupid. It's an opportunity to show them your thought process, to possibly teach them something that they didn't know. Zayne was asking for clarification, trying to understand where someone else was coming from. Saying "if you can't do this there's no help for you" is saying that they are worth less than you because of something they don't understand. That's not right, and as a mentor I would have thought you of all people would have taken the time to be more kind and understanding to someone who needed an explanation.[/quote] I think you misread something yourself and took it as an attack. There were no personal attacks here. Maybe take a step back yourself instead of attacking Cin -- as a mentor and all.
Quote:

I think you misread something yourself and took it as an attack. There were no personal attacks here.

Maybe take a step back yourself instead of attacking Cin -- as a mentor and all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10