Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 304 305
[quote name="Arreat" date="2018-06-09 10:06:55" ] Some weenies whining in this thread are why we don't have amazing bloody skin/accents anymore. If a bunch of pixels on your screen is that offensive the site might not be suited for you. Asking the admins to keep caving over and over again is ruining the experience of others. Some people gonna enjoy the gore/blood/ooze-y parts. That's life. It's not coming into your house and throwing your furniture around. I get that there is actual phobias and 'triggers' out there but the vast majority of people here whine because it's a I don't like it pls remove ordeal. Nothing else besides that. ANYWAYS thanks FR staff this was an amazing update. Frustrating that it is limited but the brewing has been made ez. (Don't ping. Not going to respond.) [/quote] Glad someone else said this I had to admit that I was dumbfounded that some art that wasn't graphic bloody or anything else was 'triggering' people ? I guess is the word for it.. I'm not sure as I just don't get it. If it was graphic, bloody had stuff sticking out or I dunno anything besides just a few eyeballs... I'd maybe understand. edit: also for the people worried a random nest will hatch out a body horror as they are wording it.. the % of that happening are pretty darn slim. worse to worse exalt the hatchling right away if it bugs you that much. =/ I dunno I just don't see it as horror as they aren't disfigured eyes or anything at all. Maybe the shadow primal but even that isn't really terrible looking either.
Arreat wrote on 2018-06-09 10:06:55:
Some weenies whining in this thread are why we don't have amazing bloody skin/accents anymore. If a bunch of pixels on your screen is that offensive the site might not be suited for you. Asking the admins to keep caving over and over again is ruining the experience of others.

Some people gonna enjoy the gore/blood/ooze-y parts. That's life. It's not coming into your house and throwing your furniture around. I get that there is actual phobias and 'triggers' out there but the vast majority of people here whine because it's a I don't like it pls remove ordeal. Nothing else besides that.

ANYWAYS thanks FR staff this was an amazing update. Frustrating that it is limited but the brewing has been made ez.

(Don't ping. Not going to respond.)

Glad someone else said this I had to admit that I was dumbfounded that some art that wasn't graphic bloody or anything else was 'triggering' people ? I guess is the word for it.. I'm not sure as I just don't get it. If it was graphic, bloody had stuff sticking out or I dunno anything besides just a few eyeballs... I'd maybe understand.

edit:

also for the people worried a random nest will hatch out a body horror as they are wording it.. the % of that happening are pretty darn slim. worse to worse exalt the hatchling right away if it bugs you that much. =/ I dunno I just don't see it as horror as they aren't disfigured eyes or anything at all. Maybe the shadow primal but even that isn't really terrible looking either.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
Ooh! Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising! <3 That familiar is so beautiful, and my dream has finally come true...multiple eyes!
Ooh! Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising! <3 That familiar is so beautiful, and my dream has finally come true...multiple eyes!
deitydoll_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf47x.gif
I wish the staff would communicate with us all a bit more...
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
Well, I was pleasantly surprised to read this.

I admit, I haven't been active on FR for a very, very long time due to disinterest in the site. I also had a bad experience with being scammed some years ago and getting the effective response from staff of 'Stinks to be you, we'll look into it, don't contact us again about it' and ofc, nothing resulted from it. Left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm glad to see the site is flourishing nicely with lots of new content, new changes and cool stuff.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised to read this.

I admit, I haven't been active on FR for a very, very long time due to disinterest in the site. I also had a bad experience with being scammed some years ago and getting the effective response from staff of 'Stinks to be you, we'll look into it, don't contact us again about it' and ofc, nothing resulted from it. Left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm glad to see the site is flourishing nicely with lots of new content, new changes and cool stuff.
"My brain is like a warehouse - you can't ever find what it is you're looking for but instead find information you were looking for 4 months ago." - Sciger
[quote name="Andrewsarchus" date="2018-06-09 09:59:23" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-09 08:58:06" ] Y'know....I feel for the Staff, cos I'm sure they were really excited and worked hard on this genuinely cool update. It must be really discouraging to see so many players upset about it. But the thing is...no one hates the update. Everyone seemed to genuinely love the eye-types, despite the few people rightfully upset about the default eye colors being changed without warning. The only other complaint is the RNG nature of the thing (which I do agree flies in the face of literally every other breeding mechanic in the game and don't agree that it should be a thing but hey.) Literally all the Staff has to do is: Add a "Revert to Common" scroll for cheap in the Treasure Marketplace Not retire the Scattersight Scrolls Those two little factors and a majority of this upset would disappear almost instantly. [/quote] After posting on here, yesterday, and reading many comments today, I can say with certainly that many users, including myself, [i]really do [/i]'dislike' this eye change. Seeing some of the dragons that upset users have posted on here, with eyes that are things of nightmares, [i]really[/i] makes me dislike it. I honestly can't even look at the ones with eyes all over their bodies, or multiple eyes where two should be. They are [i]terrifying[/i]. I'm scared to use my scatterscroll vial, because if I'm afraid one of my pretty dragons is going to end up looking like a monster. Also, besides the eye color change of the dragons already in our lair, have any of you noticed that some of your dragons' colors don't look as vibrant as before? I've even seen some dragons like that posted in this forum. Especially the very pretty deep blue is lighter and more dull looking. I didn't ask for this update. Many of us don't like it or want it. Some users have commented about the creators making a revert scroll/vial/whatever, that we can purchase with treasure or gems, if we don't like the way our dragons eyes turn out. Why should I, or any other user who dislikes this change, have to pay [i]anything[/i] to get back what should never have been taken from us in the first place?
Andrewsarchus wrote on 2018-06-09 09:59:23:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-09 08:58:06:
Y'know....I feel for the Staff, cos I'm sure they were really excited and worked hard on this genuinely cool update. It must be really discouraging to see so many players upset about it.

But the thing is...no one hates the update. Everyone seemed to genuinely love the eye-types, despite the few people rightfully upset about the default eye colors being changed without warning. The only other complaint is the RNG nature of the thing (which I do agree flies in the face of literally every other breeding mechanic in the game and don't agree that it should be a thing but hey.)

Literally all the Staff has to do is:

Add a "Revert to Common" scroll for cheap in the Treasure Marketplace
Not retire the Scattersight Scrolls

Those two little factors and a majority of this upset would disappear almost instantly.

After posting on here, yesterday, and reading many comments today, I can say with certainly that many users, including myself, really do 'dislike' this eye change. Seeing some of the dragons that upset users have posted on here, with eyes that are things of nightmares, really makes me dislike it. I honestly can't even look at the ones with eyes all over their bodies, or multiple eyes where two should be. They are terrifying. I'm scared to use my scatterscroll vial, because if I'm afraid one of my pretty dragons is going to end up looking like a monster.

Also, besides the eye color change of the dragons already in our lair, have any of you noticed that some of your dragons' colors don't look as vibrant as before? I've even seen some dragons like that posted in this forum. Especially the very pretty deep blue is lighter and more dull looking.

I didn't ask for this update. Many of us don't like it or want it. Some users have commented about the creators making a revert scroll/vial/whatever, that we can purchase with treasure or gems, if we don't like the way our dragons eyes turn out. Why should I, or any other user who dislikes this change, have to pay anything to get back what should never have been taken from us in the first place?
@timeblitz
Yes, I agree. So much. I'm pretty confident they will, they usually do eventually, but it'd still be reassuring to just hear something along the lines of 'We have read your comments and acknowledge your concerns. We are currently in the process of deciding what should be done about it.' Something like that. Letting people in the dark like that is not good staff behaviour, and they keep doing this every time something like that happens. It's frustrating, to say the least.
@timeblitz
Yes, I agree. So much. I'm pretty confident they will, they usually do eventually, but it'd still be reassuring to just hear something along the lines of 'We have read your comments and acknowledge your concerns. We are currently in the process of deciding what should be done about it.' Something like that. Letting people in the dark like that is not good staff behaviour, and they keep doing this every time something like that happens. It's frustrating, to say the least.
This is cool, but currently it's scaring the heck out of me
This is cool, but currently it's scaring the heck out of me
mh8jR2Z.gif By: Wakor, check it out!
[quote name="timeblitz" date="2018-06-09 10:21:15" ] I wish the staff would communicate with us all a bit more... [/quote] This is part of the reason I'm upset.
timeblitz wrote on 2018-06-09 10:21:15:
This is part of the reason I'm upset.
I have a scarf problem. Send scarves help.
Aviator ScarfFlair ScarfSilk Scarf
Cool
Cool
Just joined oWo

Actually joined 4 months back but I was only online for about 3 days so.... I'm a newbie
[quote name="Osayio" date="2018-06-09 10:26:05" ] @timeblitz Yes, I agree. So much. I'm pretty confident they will, they usually do eventually, but it'd still be reassuring to just hear something along the lines of 'We have read your comments and acknowledge your concerns. We are currently in the process of deciding what should be done about it.' Something like that. Letting people in the dark like that is not good staff behaviour, and they keep doing this every time something like that happens. It's frustrating, to say the least. [/quote] [quote name="LightningShatter" date="2018-06-09 10:26:58" ] [quote name="timeblitz" date="2018-06-09 10:21:15" ] I wish the staff would communicate with us all a bit more... [/quote] This is part of the reason I'm upset. [/quote] these two posts describe [i]exactly[/i] why i feel so much dread, the staff haven't communicated and are leaving us in the dark here, they haven't even shown signs of acknowledging the frustration us players have
Osayio wrote on 2018-06-09 10:26:05:
@timeblitz
LightningShatter wrote on 2018-06-09 10:26:58:
timeblitz wrote on 2018-06-09 10:21:15:
This is part of the reason I'm upset.
these two posts describe exactly why i feel so much dread, the staff haven't communicated and are leaving us in the dark here, they haven't even shown signs of acknowledging the frustration us players have
sig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngColi_Grinding_Banner.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngWishlist.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png6EYpa34.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png
1 2 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 304 305