Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 304 305
YES
YES
any chance we'll get a scroll to get rid of the eyes if we don't like them? I don't want to exalt perfectly good hatchlings because for some reason the eyes came out wrong... or unfitting. I'd rather have the randomizer eye scroll on market forever than my hatchlings get them at random...

+ this change will mainly affect hatchlings, whose eyes are big due to their model but for grown adults (except for spirals) the change might be minimal...

I like the update just keep in mind that a lot of people won't notice the change in the future or would like to have a way to negate the effects of this update.
any chance we'll get a scroll to get rid of the eyes if we don't like them? I don't want to exalt perfectly good hatchlings because for some reason the eyes came out wrong... or unfitting. I'd rather have the randomizer eye scroll on market forever than my hatchlings get them at random...

+ this change will mainly affect hatchlings, whose eyes are big due to their model but for grown adults (except for spirals) the change might be minimal...

I like the update just keep in mind that a lot of people won't notice the change in the future or would like to have a way to negate the effects of this update.
Thank you for another short story! :D

The familiar is beautiful, the eyes are interesting (though I do hope we get a way to revert them to "common"), and I am very, very hyped for the tabs, hibernal den, and updated map! <3
Thank you for another short story! :D

The familiar is beautiful, the eyes are interesting (though I do hope we get a way to revert them to "common"), and I am very, very hyped for the tabs, hibernal den, and updated map! <3
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
I love the anticipations on sorting and hybernating dragons, struggling to sort my dragons and food drain are the main reason I don't play actively (despite checking in every day for familiars and crossroads dailies!).
I love the anticipations on sorting and hybernating dragons, struggling to sort my dragons and food drain are the main reason I don't play actively (despite checking in every day for familiars and crossroads dailies!).
I don't have a problem with the new eyes personally (except the Cthulhu and pustule eyes. Those are beyond creepy).

What I have a problem with is the lack of choice.

I don't like it's completely random and I can't choose what the eyes of the offspring from my clan will look like.

I really don't like the distinct and almost certain possibility that one of my nice, pretty dragon pairs could give birth to something creepy and I would have to exalt it. I hate exalting dragons. It feels too much like murder to me but I rather do that than sell what is for all intent and purposes a monster. My clan has a reputation for creating nice, pretty (and sometimes dark, slightly spooky) dragons not child scaring ones. This new update would definitely ruin that reputation and reputation is important when you are selling things anywhere online or in real life.

So I have decided to not breed any of my dragons until the FR staff makes it possible for you to choose what type of eyes the offspring of your clan has. Either by a eye scroll thing like they did with the glowing eyes or with a permanent remove/revert eye type scroll.

Or probably maybe a drop down menu underneath the nests so you can choose what eye type that nest gives the offspring (the possibilities you could create with that would be so much fun) .

In other words I am boycotting the entire breeding/dragon trading system until things are reverted back to what they were before, or the new eye element system is fixed so we have been given more choice in what our clans offspring's eyes look like. Also this new system feels too much like a pay to win and I definitely hate that kind of thing so I am not supporting the new eye system for sure.

I know this might not change anything but since I do all of my dragon trading with the Auction House (I tried doing it by myself over forums but it was too much effort for very little results), I figured if I don't breed or sell at all then I might eat into Flight Rising's profits (since they do take a cut from the price). It might not be much but it might possibly add to the total if I'm not the only one who stops using the breeding/dragon trading system for a while.

Well until the FR staff realises this idea was a really bad one and fixes things. Then I'll stop boycotting and go back to saving up for a lair extension.
I don't have a problem with the new eyes personally (except the Cthulhu and pustule eyes. Those are beyond creepy).

What I have a problem with is the lack of choice.

I don't like it's completely random and I can't choose what the eyes of the offspring from my clan will look like.

I really don't like the distinct and almost certain possibility that one of my nice, pretty dragon pairs could give birth to something creepy and I would have to exalt it. I hate exalting dragons. It feels too much like murder to me but I rather do that than sell what is for all intent and purposes a monster. My clan has a reputation for creating nice, pretty (and sometimes dark, slightly spooky) dragons not child scaring ones. This new update would definitely ruin that reputation and reputation is important when you are selling things anywhere online or in real life.

So I have decided to not breed any of my dragons until the FR staff makes it possible for you to choose what type of eyes the offspring of your clan has. Either by a eye scroll thing like they did with the glowing eyes or with a permanent remove/revert eye type scroll.

Or probably maybe a drop down menu underneath the nests so you can choose what eye type that nest gives the offspring (the possibilities you could create with that would be so much fun) .

In other words I am boycotting the entire breeding/dragon trading system until things are reverted back to what they were before, or the new eye element system is fixed so we have been given more choice in what our clans offspring's eyes look like. Also this new system feels too much like a pay to win and I definitely hate that kind of thing so I am not supporting the new eye system for sure.

I know this might not change anything but since I do all of my dragon trading with the Auction House (I tried doing it by myself over forums but it was too much effort for very little results), I figured if I don't breed or sell at all then I might eat into Flight Rising's profits (since they do take a cut from the price). It might not be much but it might possibly add to the total if I'm not the only one who stops using the breeding/dragon trading system for a while.

Well until the FR staff realises this idea was a really bad one and fixes things. Then I'll stop boycotting and go back to saving up for a lair extension.
HYYYYYYYYPE

WOO!
HYYYYYYYYPE

WOO!
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
Seemed cool until I noticed that existing eyes had been messed with. Can we get that white sclera back, please. New tundra eyes look... haunting. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=804608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8047/804608_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't know this dragon- this is a skin walker. If anyone sees my poor BubbleGrunge, send him my way. He looks like this: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/363c2718e48119b372f7f602570556e9/tumblr_pa17ocwqTc1r87j3fo1_400.png[/img] There goes that side-eyed glance, and suddenly all the personality is sapped right out of the design.
Seemed cool until I noticed that existing eyes had been messed with.
Can we get that white sclera back, please. New tundra eyes look... haunting.

804608_350.png

I don't know this dragon- this is a skin walker.
If anyone sees my poor BubbleGrunge, send him my way. He looks like this:
tumblr_pa17ocwqTc1r87j3fo1_400.png
There goes that side-eyed glance, and suddenly all the personality is sapped right out of the design.
YES!!!
YES!!!
SereneLeadingBluebird-size_restricted.gifXkRqVhUs.png
i absolutely L O V E this update!! i'm so hype - spending all my time in the coli for the next 2 days ::D

but i agree with the others, there should be a basic/common eye scroll ^^
i absolutely L O V E this update!! i'm so hype - spending all my time in the coli for the next 2 days ::D

but i agree with the others, there should be a basic/common eye scroll ^^
we_do_what_s_best_for_us_by_caosgii-dcf2y73.png
Cal
they/them
-1 FR time

♥ Art Shop
[quote name="Aristatide" date="2018-06-08 18:15:51" ] I really wanted to like this. Heck, I did initially like this, before the limitations set in. But at the end of the day I keep coming back around to this: "Gosh, I'd love if there were an element in a breeding game I had absolutely no control over at all," said no one ever. Just, please. Please give us a "Basic Gene Scroll"-equivalent for the eyes. Please do not make it so that we are all forever at the mercy of RNGesus. Because right now the core element of your game is now broken. [/quote] This, please and thank you. I have 150+ permas and I would happily spend time doing eye gene projects for all of them (like, I am salivating at the thought), I would spend gems, I would spend hours of valuable (for you guys) time onsite working on this. But random scatterscrolls that aren't even going to be a permanently available item? And no choice to opt out with hatchlings? C'mon, FR, please. Give us some options!
Aristatide wrote on 2018-06-08 18:15:51:
I really wanted to like this. Heck, I did initially like this, before the limitations set in. But at the end of the day I keep coming back around to this:

"Gosh, I'd love if there were an element in a breeding game I had absolutely no control over at all," said no one ever.

Just, please. Please give us a "Basic Gene Scroll"-equivalent for the eyes. Please do not make it so that we are all forever at the mercy of RNGesus. Because right now the core element of your game is now broken.

This, please and thank you. I have 150+ permas and I would happily spend time doing eye gene projects for all of them (like, I am salivating at the thought), I would spend gems, I would spend hours of valuable (for you guys) time onsite working on this. But random scatterscrolls that aren't even going to be a permanently available item? And no choice to opt out with hatchlings? C'mon, FR, please. Give us some options!
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
1 2 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 304 305