Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Family Tree
1 2 3
We currently have the lineage box on a dragons page, but I feel it is somewhat lacking. You can't see which mate their offspring came from and you can't see what they look like. I'd like a visual that starts out minimized on the dragons page but you can click on something to get a pop up that shows it more in depth. It could include parents, and children or further if possible, but this time with the other parent included and the children are divided into groups based on what clutch they came from. It could include partial pictures of the dragons like a profile pic and show whether they're exalted or not. I can't make visuals, sorry. Just an idea.
We currently have the lineage box on a dragons page, but I feel it is somewhat lacking. You can't see which mate their offspring came from and you can't see what they look like. I'd like a visual that starts out minimized on the dragons page but you can click on something to get a pop up that shows it more in depth. It could include parents, and children or further if possible, but this time with the other parent included and the children are divided into groups based on what clutch they came from. It could include partial pictures of the dragons like a profile pic and show whether they're exalted or not. I can't make visuals, sorry. Just an idea.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
I like this in theory :D

I think a common concern was "Where would the family tree be cut off?" because they could get really, really extensive and some people have concerns for the impact it would have on the servers.

I do not own the servers, so I don't know what impact it would have- BUT if server space was not an issue, I think it would be very very cool. The lineage information is already there and public. It would just be displaying the data in a more digestible way rather than clicking through tens of dragon pages.

I think there were some people (maybe in creative corner?) that did this service for a fee.
I like this in theory :D

I think a common concern was "Where would the family tree be cut off?" because they could get really, really extensive and some people have concerns for the impact it would have on the servers.

I do not own the servers, so I don't know what impact it would have- BUT if server space was not an issue, I think it would be very very cool. The lineage information is already there and public. It would just be displaying the data in a more digestible way rather than clicking through tens of dragon pages.

I think there were some people (maybe in creative corner?) that did this service for a fee.
I think it would be cut off where it is currently cut off, at children and at parents on the other end. Just demonstrating who the other parent was and differentiating between clutches and showing it in an easier to look at fashion. No showing who the dragons siblings are and no grandchildren or grandparents (that would be by those who make family trees for a fee) .
I think it would be cut off where it is currently cut off, at children and at parents on the other end. Just demonstrating who the other parent was and differentiating between clutches and showing it in an easier to look at fashion. No showing who the dragons siblings are and no grandchildren or grandparents (that would be by those who make family trees for a fee) .
I agree! I love looking at family trees in breeding games!
I agree! I love looking at family trees in breeding games!
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Support - I would like this as a menu you could click on and it pops up versus taking over the current list. That way you can scroll through the dragons lineage and close the window. So kind of combining what we already have with @SerenitySkies Idea.
Support - I would like this as a menu you could click on and it pops up versus taking over the current list. That way you can scroll through the dragons lineage and close the window. So kind of combining what we already have with @SerenitySkies Idea.
My attempt at a mock-up for my idea using my dragon Andromeda as an example. I would love to see a more complicated version of this, with different aesthetics depending on the flight of the dragon and connections between the dragons like branches for nature, electrical wires for lightning, etc. [img]https://i.imgur.com/nmiEWpW.png[/img] I'd also like to see any ideas on how to show when a dragon is exalted, the separations are an attempt to show which clutch a dragon is from, and I'm using avatar picture style things for this.
My attempt at a mock-up for my idea using my dragon Andromeda as an example. I would love to see a more complicated version of this, with different aesthetics depending on the flight of the dragon and connections between the dragons like branches for nature, electrical wires for lightning, etc.
nmiEWpW.png
I'd also like to see any ideas on how to show when a dragon is exalted, the separations are an attempt to show which clutch a dragon is from, and I'm using avatar picture style things for this.
No support. I'm still against this suggestion every time it comes up since everyone seems to want offspring to show up. If it only showed parents it's fine but sometimes you get dragons like this: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5701498] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/57015/5701498.png[/img] [/url] He's not even the most prolific but he's had a lot of different partners. The largest offspring list I know of hit 250 last year and they've been a monogamous pair since the beginning. I hope to keep playing for many more years to come and his offspring list will continue to grow.
No support.

I'm still against this suggestion every time it comes up since everyone seems to want offspring to show up. If it only showed parents it's fine but sometimes you get dragons like this:

5701498.png

He's not even the most prolific but he's had a lot of different partners. The largest offspring list I know of hit 250 last year and they've been a monogamous pair since the beginning. I hope to keep playing for many more years to come and his offspring list will continue to grow.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-03-15 17:43:44" ] No support. I'm still against this suggestion every time it comes up since everyone seems to want offspring to show up. If it only showed parents it's fine but sometimes you get dragons like this: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5701498] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/57015/5701498.png[/img] [/url] He's not even the most prolific but he's had a lot of different partners. The largest offspring list I know of hit 250 last year and they've been a monogamous pair since the beginning. I hope to keep playing for many more years to come and his offspring list will continue to grow. [/quote] I think for this reason I have to say no support. Dragons are an infinite breeding resource and can breed with many different partners. If this were just to go 'back' through the lists, it might be better, especially if it didn't show cousins and the like. But showing offspring and potentially (though not in this particular instance) cousins/aunts/uncles etc... would mean a lot of bloat that isn't really needed. As Nightwind said, there is a dragon with 250 offspring. Imagine having THAT plotted out? Now imagine if that dragon had had those children with 100 different partners? That would become a nightmare quickly.
Nightwind wrote on 2018-03-15 17:43:44:
No support.

I'm still against this suggestion every time it comes up since everyone seems to want offspring to show up. If it only showed parents it's fine but sometimes you get dragons like this:

5701498.png

He's not even the most prolific but he's had a lot of different partners. The largest offspring list I know of hit 250 last year and they've been a monogamous pair since the beginning. I hope to keep playing for many more years to come and his offspring list will continue to grow.
I think for this reason I have to say no support.

Dragons are an infinite breeding resource and can breed with many different partners. If this were just to go 'back' through the lists, it might be better, especially if it didn't show cousins and the like.

But showing offspring and potentially (though not in this particular instance) cousins/aunts/uncles etc... would mean a lot of bloat that isn't really needed.

As Nightwind said, there is a dragon with 250 offspring. Imagine having THAT plotted out? Now imagine if that dragon had had those children with 100 different partners? That would become a nightmare quickly.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
meh, support, it could be useful but also might be overwhelmingly confusing as well
meh, support, it could be useful but also might be overwhelmingly confusing as well
Oh my god, PLEASE!! This would make my gameplay sooo much easier and besides, family trees on sites like this are just really fun!
Oh my god, PLEASE!! This would make my gameplay sooo much easier and besides, family trees on sites like this are just really fun!
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
1 2 3