Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Question about Gen 1's in lore
1 2 3 4 5
So how do y'all explain them having no parents? For me it's easier to explain when you obtain an egg (maybe someone in your clan found it while hunting, the parents didn't want it/couldn't take care of it so they abandoned it etc.), but how would your progens just kind of pop into existence, fully grown?

I guess you could potentially just make up something about its hatchlinghood (hatchlinghood? is that a thing? it is now), but it still bothers me. What are your solutions. help
So how do y'all explain them having no parents? For me it's easier to explain when you obtain an egg (maybe someone in your clan found it while hunting, the parents didn't want it/couldn't take care of it so they abandoned it etc.), but how would your progens just kind of pop into existence, fully grown?

I guess you could potentially just make up something about its hatchlinghood (hatchlinghood? is that a thing? it is now), but it still bothers me. What are your solutions. help
bbc193bd8a2a3ee420bc1f2454804edf.jpg
My headcanon is that each flight (at least most of them) probably have some sort of orphanage type place where abandoned eggs and hatchlings are cared for and raised. That's why progens can interact in society and aren't just feral children. Although you could go and give them a backstory and say they were found by another clan or something.
My headcanon is that each flight (at least most of them) probably have some sort of orphanage type place where abandoned eggs and hatchlings are cared for and raised. That's why progens can interact in society and aren't just feral children. Although you could go and give them a backstory and say they were found by another clan or something.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
[quote name="qwigoqwaga" date="2018-03-27 17:37:27" ] My headcanon is that each flight (at least most of them) probably have some sort of orphanage type place where abandoned eggs and hatchlings are cared for and raised. That's why progens can interact in society and aren't just feral children. Although you could go and give them a backstory and say they were found by another clan or something. [/quote] that's a really good idea
qwigoqwaga wrote on 2018-03-27 17:37:27:
that's a really good idea
My dragons tend to find abandoned eggs, basically. Someone is out hunting in the middle of nowhere and they just find an egg. Since the egg seems to have no parents, they take it home and raise it.

My progens came from a clan somewhere, but just decided they wanted to start their own community.
My dragons tend to find abandoned eggs, basically. Someone is out hunting in the middle of nowhere and they just find an egg. Since the egg seems to have no parents, they take it home and raise it.

My progens came from a clan somewhere, but just decided they wanted to start their own community.
FfsFHyt.png
splash goes the mother

splash splash and the egg gets carried away
splash goes the mother

000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
[quote name="ViperaUnion" date="2018-03-27 17:42:06" ] My dragons tend to find abandoned eggs, basically. Someone is out hunting in the middle of nowhere and they just find an egg. Since the egg seems to have no parents, they take it home and raise it. My progens came from a clan somewhere, but just decided they wanted to start their own community. [/quote] So kind of a "halfway ignoring the no parents thing but skillfully dodging around it" i like it [quote name="Paravoina" date="2018-03-27 17:44:20" ] splash goes the mother splash splash and the egg gets carried away [/quote] oh. yes,, that is a good one.
ViperaUnion wrote on 2018-03-27 17:42:06:

So kind of a "halfway ignoring the no parents thing but skillfully dodging around it" i like it

Paravoina wrote on 2018-03-27 17:44:20:
splash goes the mother

oh. yes,, that is a good one.
I treat it less like my progens don't have parents and more like they don't have parents that reside in the Clan. Mine both started as Guardians so they left their birth clans at young ages so it's easy enough to explain that away.

As for treating other G1s, they're usually hatched from eggs found by the Clan (ex. Bloodpool and Rocky), found as a hatchling and taken in, or don't have parents that they speak of.
I treat it less like my progens don't have parents and more like they don't have parents that reside in the Clan. Mine both started as Guardians so they left their birth clans at young ages so it's easy enough to explain that away.

As for treating other G1s, they're usually hatched from eggs found by the Clan (ex. Bloodpool and Rocky), found as a hatchling and taken in, or don't have parents that they speak of.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
idk man i sorta dont even address it. maybe they just all sorta... spawn. from the desert sand.

poof
instant dragon
just add water!
idk man i sorta dont even address it. maybe they just all sorta... spawn. from the desert sand.

poof
instant dragon
just add water!
9CxYF0H.png
[quote name="vantrums" date="2018-03-27 17:47:53" ] I treat it less like my progens don't have parents and more like they don't have parents that reside in the Clan. Mine both started as Guardians so they left their birth clans at young ages so it's easy enough to explain that away. As for treating other G1s, they're usually hatched from eggs found by the Clan (ex. Bloodpool and Rocky), found as a hatchling and taken in, or don't have parents that they speak of. [/quote] That's pretty much what I think I'm gonna do. Makes most sense to me [quote name="Kairo" date="2018-03-27 17:51:09" ] idk man i sorta dont even address it. maybe they just all sorta... spawn. from the desert sand. poof instant dragon just add water! [/quote] @Kairo [img]https://i.imgur.com/HU92y3V.gif[/img]
vantrums wrote on 2018-03-27 17:47:53:

That's pretty much what I think I'm gonna do. Makes most sense to me
Kairo wrote on 2018-03-27 17:51:09:

poof
instant dragon
just add water!
@Kairo
HU92y3V.gif
Well, you generally find eggs while scavenging. And when you're dealing with hard shelled eggs, the parent has to be frequently incubating these eggs or create a nest that provides its own warmth/protection (so, buried like sea turtle nests). Following that logic, I'm betting that I probably "scavenged" this egg from some sort of existing nest.

So, stolen basically.

I mean there's probably a more whimsical explanation for it, this just seems the most practical answer.
Well, you generally find eggs while scavenging. And when you're dealing with hard shelled eggs, the parent has to be frequently incubating these eggs or create a nest that provides its own warmth/protection (so, buried like sea turtle nests). Following that logic, I'm betting that I probably "scavenged" this egg from some sort of existing nest.

So, stolen basically.

I mean there's probably a more whimsical explanation for it, this just seems the most practical answer.
1 2 3 4 5