Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Taxidermy, Skulls, and More!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36 37
@SirAlastair congrats!
@SirAlastair congrats!
Kano3Shuuya.png
@SirAlastair that crow is gorgeous omg love the Poe book too very fitting ......................... So, after a long time with a dental pick, cheap scalpel, cosmetic scissors and a tactical knife, than about a week long salt bath and finally two days in ethyl, we have this adorable little guy: [img]https://i.imgur.com/kQ44qMs.jpg[/img] Cleaning a turtle is not fun I tell you. I hear it can be even worse for big ones, and it takes forever to clean them out without cutting open their shell. At least my turtle came pretty eaten to begin with.
@SirAlastair
that crow is gorgeous omg
love the Poe book too very fitting

So, after a long time with a dental pick, cheap scalpel, cosmetic scissors and a tactical knife, than about a week long salt bath and finally two days in ethyl, we have this adorable little guy:

kQ44qMs.jpg

Cleaning a turtle is not fun I tell you. I hear it can be even worse for big ones, and it takes forever to clean them out without cutting open their shell. At least my turtle came pretty eaten to begin with.
@LizardKing I’m on vacation in Hawaii and look what I found!!! I’m so excited about this score, I had to get on here and show everyone because my luck was phenomenal. I hiked down to a beach that not many people make the effort to get to, and I found this little guy nestled under some rocks where the wind and scavengers couldn’t get him. He’s completely hollow and near paper thin, and somehow I managed to hike back up the cliff and get him in the car. He miraculously survived the off-road journey in the Jeep over lava rock and boulders, and now he’s curing in clear epoxy for the flight back home this Friday! He’s in perfect condition. Not a single piece is missing. I can’t believe it! I need a good name for him! Any suggestions? [img]https://i.imgur.com/n6mxE9D.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/raKJAAr.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/h2W31iY.jpg[/img]
@LizardKing
I’m on vacation in Hawaii and look what I found!!! I’m so excited about this score, I had to get on here and show everyone because my luck was phenomenal. I hiked down to a beach that not many people make the effort to get to, and I found this little guy nestled under some rocks where the wind and scavengers couldn’t get him. He’s completely hollow and near paper thin, and somehow I managed to hike back up the cliff and get him in the car. He miraculously survived the off-road journey in the Jeep over lava rock and boulders, and now he’s curing in clear epoxy for the flight back home this Friday!

He’s in perfect condition. Not a single piece is missing. I can’t believe it! I need a good name for him! Any suggestions?
n6mxE9D.jpg
raKJAAr.jpg
h2W31iY.jpg
ludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifdnTYDHh.gif
@ShivaMateria
congrats!
@ShivaMateria
congrats!
Kano3Shuuya.png
Anyone know a good person/place to buy a coyote hood in the us? I only know hunters/tanners. I am looking for a finished piece.
Anyone know a good person/place to buy a coyote hood in the us? I only know hunters/tanners. I am looking for a finished piece.
3zZ1Bfm.gif

Toyhou.seDeviantart • FR+2
@ShivaMateria

That is a beyond stunning specimen, I adore it! Those colors are sooo bright, I am astonished. Like, damn, that is an awesome score. A+ find there. I love it's tiny little pincers too, not sure why they're so small but it's adorable. Long legs, tiny arms. I love it.

As for a name? Well, I've been in an alchemy mood lately, so I'm thinking crab/Cancer associations with silver and the Moon, so maybe Luna or Lune?
Naming it after the beach you found it on, or the city would be cool too. A nice souvenir!
@ShivaMateria

That is a beyond stunning specimen, I adore it! Those colors are sooo bright, I am astonished. Like, damn, that is an awesome score. A+ find there. I love it's tiny little pincers too, not sure why they're so small but it's adorable. Long legs, tiny arms. I love it.

As for a name? Well, I've been in an alchemy mood lately, so I'm thinking crab/Cancer associations with silver and the Moon, so maybe Luna or Lune?
Naming it after the beach you found it on, or the city would be cool too. A nice souvenir!
Username: @/Akan
Collection - Silver Fox Tail, Lots of little bones and things, TONS of antlers, Fossils ( shark teeth, trilobites, etc ), bear claws, owl pellets, ears.
Skills: NONE. I'm a little too young to be collecting roadkill & that kind of thing. But i hope to be able to do that by the time i can drive a motorcycle.
Dream piece(s) - Anything related to bears and or wolves, but i also want some skulls :0
Do you mind being pinged?: Not in the least bit.
Username: @/Akan
Collection - Silver Fox Tail, Lots of little bones and things, TONS of antlers, Fossils ( shark teeth, trilobites, etc ), bear claws, owl pellets, ears.
Skills: NONE. I'm a little too young to be collecting roadkill & that kind of thing. But i hope to be able to do that by the time i can drive a motorcycle.
Dream piece(s) - Anything related to bears and or wolves, but i also want some skulls :0
Do you mind being pinged?: Not in the least bit.
ezgif-5-8fc0916b79.gif
[color=blue][font=courier new]hey hey, anyone know what specific animal this is? picked him up today along with a dik dik. forgive my arm in there he wouldnt stand up properly like that [img]https://i.imgur.com/Se7cJ5S.jpg[/img] the horn shape at the top threw off my research, i was thinking it might be a jacob sheep but im not sure. and does anyone know what wouldve caused that bottom horn deformity? its missing a lot of the bone that would connect it to the skull so im assuming it had that from birth and the horn grew in that way.
hey hey, anyone know what specific animal this is? picked him up today along with a dik dik. forgive my arm in there he wouldnt stand up properly like that
Se7cJ5S.jpg
the horn shape at the top threw off my research, i was thinking it might be a jacob sheep but im not sure.
and does anyone know what wouldve caused that bottom horn deformity? its missing a lot of the bone that would connect it to the skull so im assuming it had that from birth and the horn grew in that way.
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->alyja1.pngIwn8Z1.pngNVbyy1.pngunknown.png
@Ison There is 0 doubt in my mind that it is a Jacob's Sheep, even with the deformity. They are probably some of the most clearly identifiable animals out there because of that weird number. Nothing else really has that without a serious mutation. Your skull, even if deformed, it still a typical enough sheep. From my understanding their horns are all over the place, I've seen skulls of three horn Jacob's Sheep and hear they can grow up to [i]six freaking horns[/i]. With how diverse their horns can be I'm not too surprised to see the deformity, though sadly I have no idea what specifically could cause it. Some research on Jacob's Sheep deformities has only got me eyelid birth defects? So I'm not sure if there is much literature on what happened to yoru other than those sheep have crazy skulls. Look at this weird guy I found: [img]http://www.chuckhawks.com/el_diablo_sheep.jpg[/img] You also might want to check out this collection, it's pretty wild: [url=https://imgur.com/gallery/xm2M4]Here' the link [/url]
@Ison
There is 0 doubt in my mind that it is a Jacob's Sheep, even with the deformity. They are probably some of the most clearly identifiable animals out there because of that weird number. Nothing else really has that without a serious mutation. Your skull, even if deformed, it still a typical enough sheep. From my understanding their horns are all over the place, I've seen skulls of three horn Jacob's Sheep and hear they can grow up to six freaking horns. With how diverse their horns can be I'm not too surprised to see the deformity, though sadly I have no idea what specifically could cause it.

Some research on Jacob's Sheep deformities has only got me eyelid birth defects? So I'm not sure if there is much literature on what happened to yoru other than those sheep have crazy skulls.

Look at this weird guy I found:
el_diablo_sheep.jpg

You also might want to check out this collection, it's pretty wild:
Here' the link
@LizardKing ah, thank you !! yeah, after googling other skulls i figured thats what it was. that collection is amazing, i can only hope to see such cool skulls one day although im definitely thrilled to have gotten this guy

seems like a bit of an evolutionary disadvantage to have such large and easily deformed horns though. currently invested in finding their origin and if the horns serve a major purpose although all i could think of would be for temperature regulation or mating display or something similar
@LizardKing ah, thank you !! yeah, after googling other skulls i figured thats what it was. that collection is amazing, i can only hope to see such cool skulls one day although im definitely thrilled to have gotten this guy

seems like a bit of an evolutionary disadvantage to have such large and easily deformed horns though. currently invested in finding their origin and if the horns serve a major purpose although all i could think of would be for temperature regulation or mating display or something similar
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->alyja1.pngIwn8Z1.pngNVbyy1.pngunknown.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36 37