Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Taxidermy, Skulls, and More!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 36 37
time to stop stalking this thread and actually say hi

Username: @/Firnenfire
Collection: a LOT of fossils (a Dino stool, ammonites, trilobites, shark teeth etc.) Plenty of sheds from my gecko, a butt ton of feathers, a very tiny sparrow skull
Skills: none yet whoops, haven't had a chance to try actual preserving or cleaning yet, and I'm pretty sure you need a licence for taxidermy where I live.
Dream piece(s): A full snake skeleton
Do you mind being pinged?: not at all!
time to stop stalking this thread and actually say hi

Username: @/Firnenfire
Collection: a LOT of fossils (a Dino stool, ammonites, trilobites, shark teeth etc.) Plenty of sheds from my gecko, a butt ton of feathers, a very tiny sparrow skull
Skills: none yet whoops, haven't had a chance to try actual preserving or cleaning yet, and I'm pretty sure you need a licence for taxidermy where I live.
Dream piece(s): A full snake skeleton
40963458_Z61F3OvDUa2zJBg.png Art by @Dovalore 40963408_YpPcvcAIyiTfoCW.png
@LizardKing ohI may need to take pic of my hides! sorry for the late reply, but Yes in fact i will! :3
@LizardKing ohI may need to take pic of my hides! sorry for the late reply, but Yes in fact i will! :3
Kano3Shuuya.png
@firnenfire hello! I wish to have a full snake both skeleton and a pet tbh XD
@firnenfire hello! I wish to have a full snake both skeleton and a pet tbh XD
Kano3Shuuya.png
@Kano3Shuuya I want to get a garter snake or sand boa haha, but ngl the skeletons are both cheaper and easier to keep I think! I'll have to wait until I move out though (soon! :D) my parents would hate me bringing anything more than what I own now in loll
@Kano3Shuuya I want to get a garter snake or sand boa haha, but ngl the skeletons are both cheaper and easier to keep I think! I'll have to wait until I move out though (soon! :D) my parents would hate me bringing anything more than what I own now in loll
40963458_Z61F3OvDUa2zJBg.png Art by @Dovalore 40963408_YpPcvcAIyiTfoCW.png
lol XD
lol XD
Kano3Shuuya.png
@BeeFuzz

Username: @WeSpeakInTeeth
Collection: a red fox skull, an antler (unsure as to species,) some antler velvet, a porcupine spine, pheasant feathers, what looks like some sort of leg bone (again, I'm unsure about it's origins, but I'd guess at possibly a pheasant again???) several vertebrae (red fox,) and an unidentifed rabbit bone. I also own a load of fossils but I don't know if they count??? (These include spinosaurus teeth and a fossilised fish.)
Skills: none really, all of my finds either come from antique shops or are found naturally cleaned while on walks.
Dream piece(s): tons of antlers, a roman-nosed sheep skull, a muntjac skull with it's teeth, any skull affected by craniofacial duplication, a lungfish skull and a leopard skull.
@BeeFuzz

Username: @WeSpeakInTeeth
Collection: a red fox skull, an antler (unsure as to species,) some antler velvet, a porcupine spine, pheasant feathers, what looks like some sort of leg bone (again, I'm unsure about it's origins, but I'd guess at possibly a pheasant again???) several vertebrae (red fox,) and an unidentifed rabbit bone. I also own a load of fossils but I don't know if they count??? (These include spinosaurus teeth and a fossilised fish.)
Skills: none really, all of my finds either come from antique shops or are found naturally cleaned while on walks.
Dream piece(s): tons of antlers, a roman-nosed sheep skull, a muntjac skull with it's teeth, any skull affected by craniofacial duplication, a lungfish skull and a leopard skull.
florian.gifvbbQjQ.png
accidentally stumbled upon a little red eared slider today!

if you want to look at it, heres a link, but be warned it is a dead animal
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/9869335

anyone ever clean out a turtle shell before?
it doesnt seem terribly difficult, but the skin is really dry

im thinking, rehydrate and use picks and tweezers and a toothbrush (geez, i actually dont know if that will fit in there!) and it should go well enough. most tutorials seem to expect its still fleshy and this thing is mostly empty and dry
accidentally stumbled upon a little red eared slider today!

if you want to look at it, heres a link, but be warned it is a dead animal
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/9869335

anyone ever clean out a turtle shell before?
it doesnt seem terribly difficult, but the skin is really dry

im thinking, rehydrate and use picks and tweezers and a toothbrush (geez, i actually dont know if that will fit in there!) and it should go well enough. most tutorials seem to expect its still fleshy and this thing is mostly empty and dry
8VvjJ9p.png
I can't believe I forgot to show this guy off! Kuchipatchis and I got our first full-on taxidermy piece the other day, a vintage piranha! A lot of fish taxidermy doesn't feel "real" enough to me (especially because fish taxidermy can have very little, if any, of the original animal), but this one has a lot of its original body. I can legit see a bit fo spine coming out of a chipped piece of the tail. [img]https://i.imgur.com/xKmOmys.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/k1IxmJK.jpg[/img]
I can't believe I forgot to show this guy off! Kuchipatchis and I got our first full-on taxidermy piece the other day, a vintage piranha! A lot of fish taxidermy doesn't feel "real" enough to me (especially because fish taxidermy can have very little, if any, of the original animal), but this one has a lot of its original body. I can legit see a bit fo spine coming out of a chipped piece of the tail.

xKmOmys.jpg
k1IxmJK.jpg
Just got this beautiful carrion crow!! I'm screaming I love it so much [img]https://s17.postimg.org/n214gja4v/IMG_2269.jpg[/img]
Just got this beautiful carrion crow!! I'm screaming I love it so much
IMG_2269.jpg
@SirAlastair congrats!
@SirAlastair congrats!
Kano3Shuuya.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 36 37