Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 93 94
[quote name="Natakiro" date=2018-02-05 11:13:07] Overall, the way that the coliseum refreshes after each battle is annoying and slow. I know it's just the first day of beta, but the battles take much longer because of the between-battle refreshing. This is my only real gripe, so far, besides the perma-death of dragons between rounds. [/quote] This. Coli-ing used to be seamless for me, as I have a good computer and good internet - the few seconds of waiting between battles now is very jarring.
Natakiro wrote on 2018-02-05:
Overall, the way that the coliseum refreshes after each battle is annoying and slow. I know it's just the first day of beta, but the battles take much longer because of the between-battle refreshing. This is my only real gripe, so far, besides the perma-death of dragons between rounds.

This. Coli-ing used to be seamless for me, as I have a good computer and good internet - the few seconds of waiting between battles now is very jarring.
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
[quote name="crowcorvidae" date=2018-02-05 10:21:02] are defeated dragons supposed to remain defeated between rounds? that's... a disappointing nerf, certainly. given this, will those defeated dragons still receive experience? [/quote] I noticed the same thing.. I am hoping this is not a permanent thing D: Otherwise sorting dragons and party creation and loading work really well, the coli FPS is solid 60 and although earlier today loading any coli map somehow took longer than usual, but now that I tried it again everything worked smoothly.. so it must have been either my internet connection or maybe there was just so many players testing beta at that time of the day.
crowcorvidae wrote on 2018-02-05:
are defeated dragons supposed to remain defeated between rounds? that's... a disappointing nerf, certainly. given this, will those defeated dragons still receive experience?

I noticed the same thing.. I am hoping this is not a permanent thing D:

Otherwise sorting dragons and party creation and loading work really well, the coli FPS is solid 60 and although earlier today loading any coli map somehow took longer than usual, but now that I tried it again everything worked smoothly.. so it must have been either my internet connection or maybe there was just so many players testing beta at that time of the day.
There seems to be a bug on the mobile... I can’t seem to load saved parties that I made on both my laptop and mobile. The list seems to be stuck on ‘loading...’ I can still save parties though, and can manage them.
There seems to be a bug on the mobile... I can’t seem to load saved parties that I made on both my laptop and mobile. The list seems to be stuck on ‘loading...’ I can still save parties though, and can manage them.
vkXTSNP.png ##

- FR+10
- wishlist
Additional note: overall I'm really enjoying it so far, and it runs amazing on my old work computer ! but one thing- I understand the need to reload the page after every battle, but scrolling down after every single battle just to get back to the window is super annoying- fullscreen would probably fix that, but if you're playing in windowed mode its a bit irritating.
Additional note: overall I'm really enjoying it so far, and it runs amazing on my old work computer ! but one thing- I understand the need to reload the page after every battle, but scrolling down after every single battle just to get back to the window is super annoying- fullscreen would probably fix that, but if you're playing in windowed mode its a bit irritating.
7OTnPEj.gif zB19SBJ.png
So far, so good! Thank you, FR Team!
So far, so good! Thank you, FR Team!
Helium-banner.png
I really like the new features so far! Especially the sort dragons by lair order, as I have all my coli dragons in the first 2 rows of my lair; the ability to name dragons from the list, and the save party options.
I played around a bit and experienced no problems at all.
I really like the new features so far! Especially the sort dragons by lair order, as I have all my coli dragons in the first 2 rows of my lair; the ability to name dragons from the list, and the save party options.
I played around a bit and experienced no problems at all.
g4DcSLb.gifL01Y8d5.png
[color=#006ab8]Just a small aesthetic thing, but are all dragons finally gonna face the enemies? Wildclaw males and Guardian females look right, but Guardian males still attack enemies without even looking at them. His icon is facing the right direction, though. [img]https://i.imgur.com/duPWt1z.png[/img]
Just a small aesthetic thing, but are all dragons finally gonna face the enemies? Wildclaw males and Guardian females look right, but Guardian males still attack enemies without even looking at them. His icon is facing the right direction, though.

duPWt1z.png
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="Natakiro" date=2018-02-05 11:13:07] [quote name="Endro" date=2018-02-05 11:05:07] [quote name="Softness" date=2018-02-05 07:52:45] The one thing that I've noticed is that whenever I finish a battle, the page keeps moving to the top of the page. I keep my coli page at a particular location while I'm battling, but the page continues to move and I have to continuously readjust it after every battle. Some sort of glitch? I hope it gets fixed because it'd be a nuisance to adjust the coli location after every single battle!! [/quote] This was the first thing I noticed, and it's making me batty. [/quote][color=#006ab8]Same! Sometimes I like to play the coliseum on the smaller of my two monitors, and I scroll the page down a little to have it centered. But now that the coliseum refreshes, I have to move it after [i]every [/i]battle. >_> And again, the refreshing is the reason why the fullscreen function needs toggled each round, too. Overall, the way that the coliseum refreshes after each battle is annoying and slow. I know it's just the first day of beta, but the battles take much longer because of the between-battle refreshing. This is my only real gripe, so far, besides the perma-death of dragons between rounds. [/quote] Same, this is very bothersome for me as well. I have the coli scrolled in a manner where I can play as fast as I can/want with no issues, but all these loads are causing issues. I don't really like it and I, as well, hope this is changed. Cause scrolling [i]each time I start a new battle/move on/keep battling[/i] is jarring and, as already said, annoying. If this becomes a perma thing I don't think it would be good - it would turn users off that once enjoyed the Coli. -shrugs- Other than that I'm not really seeing anything else that bother me minus how slow things seem to move, but that should be to be expected with things like this I suppose. EDIT: Or my wifi had a hiccup. Cause of course after I post this the dragons move at a good speed when attacking. Oh boy. Sorry 'bout that.
Natakiro wrote on 2018-02-05:
Endro wrote on 2018-02-05:
Softness wrote on 2018-02-05:
The one thing that I've noticed is that whenever I finish a battle, the page keeps moving to the top of the page. I keep my coli page at a particular location while I'm battling, but the page continues to move and I have to continuously readjust it after every battle. Some sort of glitch? I hope it gets fixed because it'd be a nuisance to adjust the coli location after every single battle!!

This was the first thing I noticed, and it's making me batty.
Same! Sometimes I like to play the coliseum on the smaller of my two monitors, and I scroll the page down a little to have it centered. But now that the coliseum refreshes, I have to move it after every battle. >_> And again, the refreshing is the reason why the fullscreen function needs toggled each round, too.

Overall, the way that the coliseum refreshes after each battle is annoying and slow. I know it's just the first day of beta, but the battles take much longer because of the between-battle refreshing. This is my only real gripe, so far, besides the perma-death of dragons between rounds.

Same, this is very bothersome for me as well. I have the coli scrolled in a manner where I can play as fast as I can/want with no issues, but all these loads are causing issues. I don't really like it and I, as well, hope this is changed. Cause scrolling each time I start a new battle/move on/keep battling is jarring and, as already said, annoying. If this becomes a perma thing I don't think it would be good - it would turn users off that once enjoyed the Coli. -shrugs- Other than that I'm not really seeing anything else that bother me minus how slow things seem to move, but that should be to be expected with things like this I suppose.

EDIT: Or my wifi had a hiccup. Cause of course after I post this the dragons move at a good speed when attacking. Oh boy. Sorry 'bout that.
ezgif-2-da7e7819d0.gif
The beta runs incredibly smoothly! The Organize Party section really does help with setting up different parties without having to write them down, it'll be especially useful for people with larger lairs or people who do exalt training.
The beta runs incredibly smoothly! The Organize Party section really does help with setting up different parties without having to write them down, it'll be especially useful for people with larger lairs or people who do exalt training.
Am i the only one that is stuck in an endless connecting screen before a fight? i can pick my Team, where i want to fight and that's it.
Am i the only one that is stuck in an endless connecting screen before a fight? i can pick my Team, where i want to fight and that's it.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 93 94