Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Age of Automatons (OPEN)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22
Razor glanced at the clock on the wall and let a a gasp. He was about to be late for work, again. It's amazing he hasn't been fired yet. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that his boss was a little old woman who for some reason actually liked him and didn't see him as annoying. Also it may be a little sad that the Martian's closest friend was a little old woman who was also his boss.

The aarwolf glanced at the window and sighed in disappointment. The window wasn't big enough for him to get through without his wings getting caught, which was quite sad. How cool would it be just to jump out a window and start your day like that. Pretty frickin awesome! Curse Worrick and his normally sized but too small windows.

Razor flew down the stairs. Which just meant he flapped his wings once and jumped down the rest of the stairs and landed with as much grace as he could manage, and that wasn't a lot. The male was about to walk out the shop door but then decided to talk to Worrick about his small windows.

"Hey you ever think about getting your windows replaced? I mean, there's nothing really wrong with them except the that fact that they aren't big enough for me to jump out of."
Razor glanced at the clock on the wall and let a a gasp. He was about to be late for work, again. It's amazing he hasn't been fired yet. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that his boss was a little old woman who for some reason actually liked him and didn't see him as annoying. Also it may be a little sad that the Martian's closest friend was a little old woman who was also his boss.

The aarwolf glanced at the window and sighed in disappointment. The window wasn't big enough for him to get through without his wings getting caught, which was quite sad. How cool would it be just to jump out a window and start your day like that. Pretty frickin awesome! Curse Worrick and his normally sized but too small windows.

Razor flew down the stairs. Which just meant he flapped his wings once and jumped down the rest of the stairs and landed with as much grace as he could manage, and that wasn't a lot. The male was about to walk out the shop door but then decided to talk to Worrick about his small windows.

"Hey you ever think about getting your windows replaced? I mean, there's nothing really wrong with them except the that fact that they aren't big enough for me to jump out of."
DVynlKm.png cvLaV29.png ePOliyb.png +3 FR time, 19
A small 'beep' echoed from the coffee maker as Godiva powered it down, the hot plate under the carafe being more than enough to keep the coffee heated if they wanted more. Although, Gregor was heading out, so Auriel would be tasked with finishing it. Not that she thought he would mind. Or she could drink it...but without taste liquid just felt unwanted in her.

Feeling a sort of 'ping' go off in her metallic cranium, she knew she had been sent the list. Opening her hand again, a very small lens appeared in her palm and projected a holographic shopping list. There were all sorts of parts on the list, most of which she knew, but a few she had only heard Auriel mention. But she knew Worrick was very good with tech so he probably would have no problem finding these items.

Closing her hand, Godiva smiled sweetly at Auriel and Gregor, who had just finished an inspiring speech. They had such a strange dynamic, one quick to anger, the other near unemotional. But they made it work somehow, which was all that mattered.

Waiting for a lull in the conversation, she said, "Thank you, Auriel. This will be sufficient. Should I head over now, or do you need me to do something else?"
A small 'beep' echoed from the coffee maker as Godiva powered it down, the hot plate under the carafe being more than enough to keep the coffee heated if they wanted more. Although, Gregor was heading out, so Auriel would be tasked with finishing it. Not that she thought he would mind. Or she could drink it...but without taste liquid just felt unwanted in her.

Feeling a sort of 'ping' go off in her metallic cranium, she knew she had been sent the list. Opening her hand again, a very small lens appeared in her palm and projected a holographic shopping list. There were all sorts of parts on the list, most of which she knew, but a few she had only heard Auriel mention. But she knew Worrick was very good with tech so he probably would have no problem finding these items.

Closing her hand, Godiva smiled sweetly at Auriel and Gregor, who had just finished an inspiring speech. They had such a strange dynamic, one quick to anger, the other near unemotional. But they made it work somehow, which was all that mattered.

Waiting for a lull in the conversation, she said, "Thank you, Auriel. This will be sufficient. Should I head over now, or do you need me to do something else?"
An illustration of a blue Fire Flight Mirror dragon with black antlers and black wings, wearing gold jewelry. Blue fire is along the bottom of the picture, and the backdrop is of the Ashfall Waste. Links to progen.
"I'll find it on my own, don't worry about picking me up." He replied to Gregor, and stood with his empty mug, walking back towards the sink. As he rinsed out the mug and put it in the dishwasher, Godiva spoke again, and he listened to her words as he rinsed his hands off. He dried his hands on a towel that was lying next to the sink, and nodded. "I've got nothing else for you to do. Thank you. I doubt I'll need it for my first appointment, as it's only a checkup, so you don't have to hurry."
"I'll find it on my own, don't worry about picking me up." He replied to Gregor, and stood with his empty mug, walking back towards the sink. As he rinsed out the mug and put it in the dishwasher, Godiva spoke again, and he listened to her words as he rinsed his hands off. He dried his hands on a towel that was lying next to the sink, and nodded. "I've got nothing else for you to do. Thank you. I doubt I'll need it for my first appointment, as it's only a checkup, so you don't have to hurry."
"Yeah, no problem." The man replied before returning to the pursuit of his phone. Now where could it be? He'd thought he last saw it on the counter but maybe he could have put it down elsewhere without thinking about it? Thinking back on the previous day, Worrick could recall a customer bringing in a pretty large device that was in need of repairs and had begun to set it down on the counter. Leaving him to scramble to remove anything of importance that might be sitting on the counter before it got crushed. The phone must have been with some of those things! But wait, hadn't he already looked through some of the paperwork that would have been there? Maybe it could have just gotten knocked down somewhere? He began to look around a bit, this time around the counter instead of on it. But the result was the same, nothing to find. Stumped, he let his eyes wander over the area near the desk. What was he missing? As his gaze turned to the trashcan by his desk he wondered, it wouldn't be in there, would it? It didn't hurt to look, right? As he walked over, first glances didn't look good but he gave the trash bin a little kick to shift things around and paused as a bit of reflective metal shined. Quickly, he reached down and picked the object up, standing to reveal the phone in his hand. He'd found it! Giving a fist pump in celebration it was only then that he heard the voice of Razor from behind him.

Worrick froze for a moment before clearing his throat and casually tossing the phone on the counter as if he was pretending nothing had happened. "So, anyways." He coughed awkwardly before recomposing himself. "No, I hadn't thought about renovating my home just for you." The man answered. "Seeing as it only takes you a minute or two to use the stairs and go out the door, I don't think I will be doing so either."
"Yeah, no problem." The man replied before returning to the pursuit of his phone. Now where could it be? He'd thought he last saw it on the counter but maybe he could have put it down elsewhere without thinking about it? Thinking back on the previous day, Worrick could recall a customer bringing in a pretty large device that was in need of repairs and had begun to set it down on the counter. Leaving him to scramble to remove anything of importance that might be sitting on the counter before it got crushed. The phone must have been with some of those things! But wait, hadn't he already looked through some of the paperwork that would have been there? Maybe it could have just gotten knocked down somewhere? He began to look around a bit, this time around the counter instead of on it. But the result was the same, nothing to find. Stumped, he let his eyes wander over the area near the desk. What was he missing? As his gaze turned to the trashcan by his desk he wondered, it wouldn't be in there, would it? It didn't hurt to look, right? As he walked over, first glances didn't look good but he gave the trash bin a little kick to shift things around and paused as a bit of reflective metal shined. Quickly, he reached down and picked the object up, standing to reveal the phone in his hand. He'd found it! Giving a fist pump in celebration it was only then that he heard the voice of Razor from behind him.

Worrick froze for a moment before clearing his throat and casually tossing the phone on the counter as if he was pretending nothing had happened. "So, anyways." He coughed awkwardly before recomposing himself. "No, I hadn't thought about renovating my home just for you." The man answered. "Seeing as it only takes you a minute or two to use the stairs and go out the door, I don't think I will be doing so either."
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Saraxi crossed her legs and sighed. Her lazy sister still wasn't waking up. Briefly, she considered pouring her coffee on Carana's head.
((@QueenDelta sigh))
Saraxi crossed her legs and sighed. Her lazy sister still wasn't waking up. Briefly, she considered pouring her coffee on Carana's head.
((@QueenDelta sigh))
I HAVE LEFT FR
1502_100px_cut3si_by_miirshroom-dc8epbq.pngiAOOnOx.gif
((I'm sorry T^T ))

Carana stood up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She forced herself to go downstairs. Seeing Saraxi, she smiled slightly.
"Hey," she said softly, quietly. "Sorry I was sleeping so long- last night's plan took way too long."

((I feel like such a failure T^T
IRL stuff happened; what'd I miss? (again...)))
((I'm sorry T^T ))

Carana stood up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She forced herself to go downstairs. Seeing Saraxi, she smiled slightly.
"Hey," she said softly, quietly. "Sorry I was sleeping so long- last night's plan took way too long."

((I feel like such a failure T^T
IRL stuff happened; what'd I miss? (again...)))
Beneath the surface a turbulent depth awaits.
Razor shrugged. He knew Worrick wouldn't change the windows just because he asked, but it was fun annoying the other with questions. I mean, the male could stop freeloading and get his old place, but then he'd be a lot more alone then he usually is, not fun. Annoying others means you're never alone, but you also don't have any friends, so it's 50/50.

"Well, if for whatever reason anyone needs more, I'll be at work." With that, the Martian ran out the shop and took to the skies. It was always nice to fly around and get a view from up above. You could see things you normally wouldn't get to see from ground view. Some things weren't so pleasant, while others were, it was just nice.

Razor landed with another thump once he reached the cafe and walked in. The normally loud and rowdy cafe was quiet, which wasn't unusual seeing as the people haven't been given the topic of the day yet, that's when things got crazy.

Ashkii walked behind the counter and put on an apron before grabbing a microphone and speaking into it. "The topic of debate is; what does it take for someone to be considered crazy?" Immediately the formally quiet cafe came alive with loud chatter from each and everyone that sat and even the ones that stood.
Razor shrugged. He knew Worrick wouldn't change the windows just because he asked, but it was fun annoying the other with questions. I mean, the male could stop freeloading and get his old place, but then he'd be a lot more alone then he usually is, not fun. Annoying others means you're never alone, but you also don't have any friends, so it's 50/50.

"Well, if for whatever reason anyone needs more, I'll be at work." With that, the Martian ran out the shop and took to the skies. It was always nice to fly around and get a view from up above. You could see things you normally wouldn't get to see from ground view. Some things weren't so pleasant, while others were, it was just nice.

Razor landed with another thump once he reached the cafe and walked in. The normally loud and rowdy cafe was quiet, which wasn't unusual seeing as the people haven't been given the topic of the day yet, that's when things got crazy.

Ashkii walked behind the counter and put on an apron before grabbing a microphone and speaking into it. "The topic of debate is; what does it take for someone to be considered crazy?" Immediately the formally quiet cafe came alive with loud chatter from each and everyone that sat and even the ones that stood.
DVynlKm.png cvLaV29.png ePOliyb.png +3 FR time, 19
Gregor nodded to Godiva and kissed Auriel on the cheek once before turning to leave. He wrapped his coat around himself and headed out the door to meet Mech.

((@/Eldarowability where are they meeting again?))
Gregor nodded to Godiva and kissed Auriel on the cheek once before turning to leave. He wrapped his coat around himself and headed out the door to meet Mech.

((@/Eldarowability where are they meeting again?))
Wy0IOy1.png
((hey everyone: Willin and Saraxi are going to have a relationship-sort of))
Saraxi grinned. "Not much. I got some honey to put in my coffee, and Worrick is talking to Razor downstairs. Wanna go out? I'm bored. Let's pick a pocket."
((@QueenDelta so basically Saraxi picks Willin's pocket and they end up in a relationship. Don't worry about it))
((hey everyone: Willin and Saraxi are going to have a relationship-sort of))
Saraxi grinned. "Not much. I got some honey to put in my coffee, and Worrick is talking to Razor downstairs. Wanna go out? I'm bored. Let's pick a pocket."
((@QueenDelta so basically Saraxi picks Willin's pocket and they end up in a relationship. Don't worry about it))
I HAVE LEFT FR
Saraxi walked over to Worrick while Carana got ready. "Hey, we're gonna go out. Need anything? We can pick a pocket for you." She felt much more confident now that her sister was up. She leaned against a counter as she regarded him.
Saraxi walked over to Worrick while Carana got ready. "Hey, we're gonna go out. Need anything? We can pick a pocket for you." She felt much more confident now that her sister was up. She leaned against a counter as she regarded him.
I HAVE LEFT FR
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22