Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Age of Automatons (OPEN)
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22
Giving a nod to Razor as he said that he would be at work if anyone needed him, Worrick added a polite "Have a nice flight." as well. From what he knew the Martian worked at some cafe nearby. He knew vaguely where it was, but had't actually been there himself. The only reason he liked to keep track of those who stayed at his place was because, if there happened to be something going on with the royal military or if someone from the rebellion was looking for them, he would know generally where they were. It wasn't because he really cared about them or anything. Yeah, if they got captured by the guards that meant he would be captured as well. Yeah, that was it. Or, at least, that's what Worrick liked people to believe. Can't have them thinking he was a softie, now could he? It was all to support the rebellion; just to change this world for the better. Not that he actually enjoyed having people around. No, of course not.

When Razor left, the man walked over to his chair again and sat down. Worrick was determined to enjoy his coffee now that the debacle of finding his phone was solved. Raising his cup to his lips to take a drink, he could hear footsteps coming down the stairs once more and, as he lowered his cup, a familiar Tetraxian was now leaning on the counter. It was Saraxi but she was no longer the blushing mess she was earlier. To Worrick it almost seemed like she had her game face on which, as she spoke of her and her sister going out to pickpocket some people, turned out to be accurate. The two were quite impressive at picking pockets, he had to admit. He couldn't help but give a small chuckle as she asked him if he wanted them to pick pocket anything for him. "While I appreciate the offer, I don't think you could pick pocket anything I need. Not to mention I do actually run a legitimate business, here." He replied. "Just go have your fun. But watch out for any royal guards, okay?"
Giving a nod to Razor as he said that he would be at work if anyone needed him, Worrick added a polite "Have a nice flight." as well. From what he knew the Martian worked at some cafe nearby. He knew vaguely where it was, but had't actually been there himself. The only reason he liked to keep track of those who stayed at his place was because, if there happened to be something going on with the royal military or if someone from the rebellion was looking for them, he would know generally where they were. It wasn't because he really cared about them or anything. Yeah, if they got captured by the guards that meant he would be captured as well. Yeah, that was it. Or, at least, that's what Worrick liked people to believe. Can't have them thinking he was a softie, now could he? It was all to support the rebellion; just to change this world for the better. Not that he actually enjoyed having people around. No, of course not.

When Razor left, the man walked over to his chair again and sat down. Worrick was determined to enjoy his coffee now that the debacle of finding his phone was solved. Raising his cup to his lips to take a drink, he could hear footsteps coming down the stairs once more and, as he lowered his cup, a familiar Tetraxian was now leaning on the counter. It was Saraxi but she was no longer the blushing mess she was earlier. To Worrick it almost seemed like she had her game face on which, as she spoke of her and her sister going out to pickpocket some people, turned out to be accurate. The two were quite impressive at picking pockets, he had to admit. He couldn't help but give a small chuckle as she asked him if he wanted them to pick pocket anything for him. "While I appreciate the offer, I don't think you could pick pocket anything I need. Not to mention I do actually run a legitimate business, here." He replied. "Just go have your fun. But watch out for any royal guards, okay?"
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Saraxi shrugged. "Not sure who 'we' applies to, because I don't know them, but sure. We'll be heading out once Carana is done." She walked back up the stairs and sat down on the bed. "Let's gooooo, sis."
Saraxi shrugged. "Not sure who 'we' applies to, because I don't know them, but sure. We'll be heading out once Carana is done." She walked back up the stairs and sat down on the bed. "Let's gooooo, sis."
I HAVE LEFT FR
1502_100px_cut3si_by_miirshroom-dc8epbq.pngiAOOnOx.gif
((@ Juniipersass
I was thinking that, since Saraxi and Carana both live at Worrick's place and Auriel and Godiva both regularly stop by the shop for supplies, they would more than likely know of each other since their paths would be bound to cross at some point. Or Worrick would have probably mentioned them both at some point.))
((@ Juniipersass
I was thinking that, since Saraxi and Carana both live at Worrick's place and Auriel and Godiva both regularly stop by the shop for supplies, they would more than likely know of each other since their paths would be bound to cross at some point. Or Worrick would have probably mentioned them both at some point.))
((@/AbyssRanger yes, but for me being lazy and failing to edit my post's sake, let's just say Saraxi and Carana are only recently boarded at your place since they only moved to District 1 about 3 years ago and were mainly living on the street up till now^^))
((@/AbyssRanger yes, but for me being lazy and failing to edit my post's sake, let's just say Saraxi and Carana are only recently boarded at your place since they only moved to District 1 about 3 years ago and were mainly living on the street up till now^^))
I HAVE LEFT FR
((@ Juniipersass
If you would like that to be the case and have it be so that they wouldn't know either Auriel or Godiva, that's fine with me. Since that is the case, I will just go ahead and edit my post accordingly. :3))
((@ Juniipersass
If you would like that to be the case and have it be so that they wouldn't know either Auriel or Godiva, that's fine with me. Since that is the case, I will just go ahead and edit my post accordingly. :3))
((@/AbyssRanger thank you for putting up with me))
((@/AbyssRanger thank you for putting up with me))
I HAVE LEFT FR
((Why did this get very slow all of a sudden?? ;-; ))
((Why did this get very slow all of a sudden?? ;-; ))
Wy0IOy1.png
((@/sufferkat School just started up, I guess))
((@/sufferkat School just started up, I guess))
I HAVE LEFT FR
((@ sufferkat probably because schools started up again or people just got busy
@ AbyssRanger And so it begins... :D))

Godiva nodded, happy to head out. She made sure her dress and cardigan looked acceptable before walking down the stairs and past the counter of their little shop. Pushing the door open, her optic sensors visually expanded and contracted, finding the best filter for the brighter light. Once they adjusted she started on her way, hands clasped behind her back and looking around at the sights. Across the street was a coffee shop, a quite nice one according to reviews. She had recommended it to her housemates, but she wasn't sure if they ever went in. Right outside there was a male Plutonian with bark-like skin and leave-like hair. They were all so fascinating. He seemed to be looking at her and Auriel's shop, probably marveling at the three stories.

Moving on, her metallic feet make a small clicking noise on the pavement as her dress blows lightly in the breeze. The sun is strong today and Godiva can predict it will be warm by the afternoon so she wonders if anyone will get heatstroke due to the deceptively mild morning. She hoped not, but one can never be sure.

As she started to recognize the area, she picked up speed, a little excited to see Worrick. Godiva hadn't seen him in a while because of multiple appointments. Two Tetraxian children were playing on the sidewalk in front of her, one green one blue, so she had to walk onto the road to avoid them. But of course, she made sure no vehicles or anything else dangerous was coming before she moved out onto the road, that was just standard procedure. She turned and smiled back at the two children who were drawing on the ground with some sort of chalk, chatting excitedly with each other.

Finally, after about 15 minutes of walking (she liked to time herself in case of emergencies), she turned the corner and stopped outside of a non-assuming tech shop. It was clean looking (but could be cleaner according to Godiva) and displayed some quality tech in the windows. Waiting a moment, she then stuck a hand out and pushed the door of the shop open.

Inside it had a bit of a home-y feel, at least to her. The few guns and weapons displayed on the walls made her a bit uneasy, but other than that it felt welcoming. Worrick was standing behind the counter, his phone thrown haphazardly on it. He always seemed to lose it, but Godiva had been keeping track of all the places he has lost it in the past, just in case they need to find it once more. But he had it now, so maybe he was better at keeping track of it?

"Hello, Worrick", she said, nodding her head polity and clasping her hands together, "Haven't seen you in a while. Everything alright around here?"
((@ sufferkat probably because schools started up again or people just got busy
@ AbyssRanger And so it begins... :D))

Godiva nodded, happy to head out. She made sure her dress and cardigan looked acceptable before walking down the stairs and past the counter of their little shop. Pushing the door open, her optic sensors visually expanded and contracted, finding the best filter for the brighter light. Once they adjusted she started on her way, hands clasped behind her back and looking around at the sights. Across the street was a coffee shop, a quite nice one according to reviews. She had recommended it to her housemates, but she wasn't sure if they ever went in. Right outside there was a male Plutonian with bark-like skin and leave-like hair. They were all so fascinating. He seemed to be looking at her and Auriel's shop, probably marveling at the three stories.

Moving on, her metallic feet make a small clicking noise on the pavement as her dress blows lightly in the breeze. The sun is strong today and Godiva can predict it will be warm by the afternoon so she wonders if anyone will get heatstroke due to the deceptively mild morning. She hoped not, but one can never be sure.

As she started to recognize the area, she picked up speed, a little excited to see Worrick. Godiva hadn't seen him in a while because of multiple appointments. Two Tetraxian children were playing on the sidewalk in front of her, one green one blue, so she had to walk onto the road to avoid them. But of course, she made sure no vehicles or anything else dangerous was coming before she moved out onto the road, that was just standard procedure. She turned and smiled back at the two children who were drawing on the ground with some sort of chalk, chatting excitedly with each other.

Finally, after about 15 minutes of walking (she liked to time herself in case of emergencies), she turned the corner and stopped outside of a non-assuming tech shop. It was clean looking (but could be cleaner according to Godiva) and displayed some quality tech in the windows. Waiting a moment, she then stuck a hand out and pushed the door of the shop open.

Inside it had a bit of a home-y feel, at least to her. The few guns and weapons displayed on the walls made her a bit uneasy, but other than that it felt welcoming. Worrick was standing behind the counter, his phone thrown haphazardly on it. He always seemed to lose it, but Godiva had been keeping track of all the places he has lost it in the past, just in case they need to find it once more. But he had it now, so maybe he was better at keeping track of it?

"Hello, Worrick", she said, nodding her head polity and clasping her hands together, "Haven't seen you in a while. Everything alright around here?"
An illustration of a blue Fire Flight Mirror dragon with black antlers and black wings, wearing gold jewelry. Blue fire is along the bottom of the picture, and the backdrop is of the Ashfall Waste. Links to progen.
Auriel bid farewell to his boyfriend, and then Godiva, as they left. He waited a short while, wondering what to do, then stood, grabbing a thermos almost exactly like the one Godiva had filled with coffee for Gregor, and filled it with what was left of the coffee. He put the lid back onto the thermos and walked upstairs, grabbing a computer bag that, along with his laptop, which was collapsible like his phone, also happened to hold a curious amount of cash, some mints, keys to the office and to the top two stories of their building, and in a different section of the bag, 5 different folders full of varying sizes and amounts of papers.

He checked to make sure the bag was closed and wouldn't spill all of it's contents everywhere when he picked it up, and then took it, holding the two short leather straps in one hand like he would a briefcase, walking back towards the front and opening the door, closing and locking it before turning on the security system of the house with his phone. Both Godiva and Gregor had access to the security system as well, through the Droid's own mechanisms or through Gregor's phone. Might as well get some work done and some time out of the house during his free time, he decided, as the Argent headed across and down the street just a bit to a cafe that was conveniently close to his home, and that he still had never really visited. Godiva had recommended it to him and Gregor once, he remembered, so at least he could count on it being clean, if the droid's attitude about cleaning their own home told him anything.

There was a Plutonian standing outside of the cafe, looking at him..? Oh, no, he was looking behind the Argent, at.. his shop/house. He tilted his head slightly, confused and a tad suspicious. He approached the Plutonian as casually as any other might, despite his curiosity and suspicion, and spoke, "Hello. I happened to notice you looking at that building over there. Is there anything I can do for you..? I'm the owner of the building, you see." He didn't offer his name.
Auriel bid farewell to his boyfriend, and then Godiva, as they left. He waited a short while, wondering what to do, then stood, grabbing a thermos almost exactly like the one Godiva had filled with coffee for Gregor, and filled it with what was left of the coffee. He put the lid back onto the thermos and walked upstairs, grabbing a computer bag that, along with his laptop, which was collapsible like his phone, also happened to hold a curious amount of cash, some mints, keys to the office and to the top two stories of their building, and in a different section of the bag, 5 different folders full of varying sizes and amounts of papers.

He checked to make sure the bag was closed and wouldn't spill all of it's contents everywhere when he picked it up, and then took it, holding the two short leather straps in one hand like he would a briefcase, walking back towards the front and opening the door, closing and locking it before turning on the security system of the house with his phone. Both Godiva and Gregor had access to the security system as well, through the Droid's own mechanisms or through Gregor's phone. Might as well get some work done and some time out of the house during his free time, he decided, as the Argent headed across and down the street just a bit to a cafe that was conveniently close to his home, and that he still had never really visited. Godiva had recommended it to him and Gregor once, he remembered, so at least he could count on it being clean, if the droid's attitude about cleaning their own home told him anything.

There was a Plutonian standing outside of the cafe, looking at him..? Oh, no, he was looking behind the Argent, at.. his shop/house. He tilted his head slightly, confused and a tad suspicious. He approached the Plutonian as casually as any other might, despite his curiosity and suspicion, and spoke, "Hello. I happened to notice you looking at that building over there. Is there anything I can do for you..? I'm the owner of the building, you see." He didn't offer his name.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22