Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to Avoid Being Banned/Suspended?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Well this is gonna make me nervous about bonding with familiars, I normally open a row of five with right click + open in new tab to bond with them all more efficiently, and I also like to open searched dragons in multiple tabs at the same time to check to see if any are up for sale when I'm trying to search a specific color.

Honestly, I know it's for the good of the site but can we please... y'know, maybe be a little more lenient with things like this? I don't want to be suspended, and I sure as hell don't wanna be banned for doing my daily things like I normally do. :/

edit;
like it matters, but I also had no clue what SnapLinks was before this whole ordeal. I don't bother with things like that, I'd rather do my stuff manually, no matter how much longer it takes.
Well this is gonna make me nervous about bonding with familiars, I normally open a row of five with right click + open in new tab to bond with them all more efficiently, and I also like to open searched dragons in multiple tabs at the same time to check to see if any are up for sale when I'm trying to search a specific color.

Honestly, I know it's for the good of the site but can we please... y'know, maybe be a little more lenient with things like this? I don't want to be suspended, and I sure as hell don't wanna be banned for doing my daily things like I normally do. :/

edit;
like it matters, but I also had no clue what SnapLinks was before this whole ordeal. I don't bother with things like that, I'd rather do my stuff manually, no matter how much longer it takes.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Well, I hope I don't get punished for having a new-ish laptop and 50Mbit/s connection, I manually open all 15 dragons on page when interacting with familiars and, well, I generally tend to play fast.
I use Snaplinks for Magistream, but never for FR, there isn't enough on FR to do with snaplinks.
Well, I hope I don't get punished for having a new-ish laptop and 50Mbit/s connection, I manually open all 15 dragons on page when interacting with familiars and, well, I generally tend to play fast.
I use Snaplinks for Magistream, but never for FR, there isn't enough on FR to do with snaplinks.
ZPPY.png
Well crap. I have a fast computer and can open an entire page of dragons and bond without my computer getting slow. I use my tablet 100% of the time so it's easier for me to click things fast.

I really don't understand this witchhunt. There are ways to tell what is botting and what is not. I'm quite disappointed they don't know how to discern that. Because of this mess I have to bond my familiars one at a time to look "normal". But that is not normal! I really don't want to be banned for something that is considered normal gameplay.

Also you have to take in account not everyone may be being truthful. I'm not saying anyone is lying but it is possible.
Well crap. I have a fast computer and can open an entire page of dragons and bond without my computer getting slow. I use my tablet 100% of the time so it's easier for me to click things fast.

I really don't understand this witchhunt. There are ways to tell what is botting and what is not. I'm quite disappointed they don't know how to discern that. Because of this mess I have to bond my familiars one at a time to look "normal". But that is not normal! I really don't want to be banned for something that is considered normal gameplay.

Also you have to take in account not everyone may be being truthful. I'm not saying anyone is lying but it is possible.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
Well, I didn't even know this was a thing until someone pointed it out to me. When i do bond with familiars I open a page of dragons at a time by manually clicking the dragons and holding down the ctrl key then I click care, click ok, close, repeat on next page and I surely hope I'm not going to get penalized for an unspoken limit on how many FR tabs you can open at a time.

What bothers me the most about this is that there's an obvious fix. Make a "Care for all Familiars" button just like how we can "feed all dragons" and wouldn't that help?

To care for one dragon you click the dragon, click care and then click to close. That's three clicks/page reloads for one dragon.

If you have the max number of dragons (99) that's 297 clicks/reloads to care for all your dragons every single day. That's just obnoxious.
Well, I didn't even know this was a thing until someone pointed it out to me. When i do bond with familiars I open a page of dragons at a time by manually clicking the dragons and holding down the ctrl key then I click care, click ok, close, repeat on next page and I surely hope I'm not going to get penalized for an unspoken limit on how many FR tabs you can open at a time.

What bothers me the most about this is that there's an obvious fix. Make a "Care for all Familiars" button just like how we can "feed all dragons" and wouldn't that help?

To care for one dragon you click the dragon, click care and then click to close. That's three clicks/page reloads for one dragon.

If you have the max number of dragons (99) that's 297 clicks/reloads to care for all your dragons every single day. That's just obnoxious.
@Star; you don't necessarily need to click ok after bonding, You can simply click the window in its entirety away, savin you 1 click/refresh per dragon,or 99 refreshes.. That's how I do it
@Star; you don't necessarily need to click ok after bonding, You can simply click the window in its entirety away, savin you 1 click/refresh per dragon,or 99 refreshes.. That's how I do it
@Minyassa @Nicolas @Niverdia @JetBlackSteel @Star @Azurrys @Kadaj

For everyone freaking out about that silly rumour that it's to do with multiple tabs, here's a nice official response for you:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=1038232&page=2
If the link breaks, it's Aequorin's post at the start of the second page of 'Banned for Multiple tabs???? And more'

What it comes down to is that no-one really knows why the users have been banned, and perpetuating rumours like this that have already been shot down is pretty pointless.

Snaplinks is slightly different because it's something they've asked users not to use, as it a) adds instantaneous site traffic and b) disguises actual bot attacks.
@Minyassa @Nicolas @Niverdia @JetBlackSteel @Star @Azurrys @Kadaj

For everyone freaking out about that silly rumour that it's to do with multiple tabs, here's a nice official response for you:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=1038232&page=2
If the link breaks, it's Aequorin's post at the start of the second page of 'Banned for Multiple tabs???? And more'

What it comes down to is that no-one really knows why the users have been banned, and perpetuating rumours like this that have already been shot down is pretty pointless.

Snaplinks is slightly different because it's something they've asked users not to use, as it a) adds instantaneous site traffic and b) disguises actual bot attacks.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus is absolutely right about the tabs thing.

Much like my note on familiar bonding being a common "trend" among suspended accounts, multiple tabs is going to be something almost everyone uses, so of course suspended accounts would have been using multiple tabs as well. That doesn't mean it's an issue, just a possibility.

You know what I'm trying to say?
If 90% of all accounts bond with familiars everyday, and 98% use multiple tabs it isn't really time to panic when 90% of the suspended accounts bonded with their familiars and 98% used multiple tabs.
... That said, I would also personally try to slow things down out of sheer paranoia but maybe I'm just overly cautious after being suspended.

There is definitely an issue about distinguishing malicious/botting/auto-refresher activity from normal but perhaps faster/more active/larger amounts of activity though, and we don't know what it is yet.

But today I've been using the search again to choose genes for several dragons, and trying to take it slow. Fortunately that isn't too hard, since I'm swapping between FR and Photoshop to do mockups.
It isn't like dragon searching where I'm either starting a new search or opening 5 dragons into new tabs all the time, which I'm still very apprehensive about doing.
@Vendrus is absolutely right about the tabs thing.

Much like my note on familiar bonding being a common "trend" among suspended accounts, multiple tabs is going to be something almost everyone uses, so of course suspended accounts would have been using multiple tabs as well. That doesn't mean it's an issue, just a possibility.

You know what I'm trying to say?
If 90% of all accounts bond with familiars everyday, and 98% use multiple tabs it isn't really time to panic when 90% of the suspended accounts bonded with their familiars and 98% used multiple tabs.
... That said, I would also personally try to slow things down out of sheer paranoia but maybe I'm just overly cautious after being suspended.

There is definitely an issue about distinguishing malicious/botting/auto-refresher activity from normal but perhaps faster/more active/larger amounts of activity though, and we don't know what it is yet.

But today I've been using the search again to choose genes for several dragons, and trying to take it slow. Fortunately that isn't too hard, since I'm swapping between FR and Photoshop to do mockups.
It isn't like dragon searching where I'm either starting a new search or opening 5 dragons into new tabs all the time, which I'm still very apprehensive about doing.
@Lusitania, @Ankokou -

I am sorry but due to the nature of these threats an explanation at this time of how to avoid being flagged and possibly actioned could simultaneously result in instructions on how to circumvent our progress. If you have any doubts about if what you're doing is wrong, please refer to our Terms of Use.

I am aware that this is not the answer many are seeking but I am not authorized to provide you with more information at this time. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
@Lusitania, @Ankokou -

I am sorry but due to the nature of these threats an explanation at this time of how to avoid being flagged and possibly actioned could simultaneously result in instructions on how to circumvent our progress. If you have any doubts about if what you're doing is wrong, please refer to our Terms of Use.

I am aware that this is not the answer many are seeking but I am not authorized to provide you with more information at this time. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-02-17 09:54:49"]@Lusitania, @Ankokou - If you have any doubts about if what you're doing is wrong, please refer to our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tos]Terms of Use.[/url] [/quote] @Aequorin ... Did you read a single word said in this entire thread?
Aequorin wrote on 2014-02-17 09:54:49:
@Lusitania, @Ankokou -
If you have any doubts about if what you're doing is wrong, please refer to our Terms of Use.

@Aequorin

... Did you read a single word said in this entire thread?
@Ankokou, as I previously stated I am not authorized to provide any additional information beyond what has already been said.
@Ankokou, as I previously stated I am not authorized to provide any additional information beyond what has already been said.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13