Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to Avoid Being Banned/Suspended?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Aequorin
I can understand that, even if I don't agree with not even telling people anything at all, ever.
Even in the court of law you have to present the guilty party with evidence of their guilt, but as it stands we don't know what we did to be targeted by whatever arbitrary process decided we were automating things or deliberately attacking the site while playing the game normally.

I was referring to you telling us to read the ToU again to clear up whether what we are doing was or wasn't wrong.
We already know we weren't breaking any rules. And that being in compliance with it clearly doesn't stop people from being suspended anyway, without warning.

Reading it again won't solve that issue for anyone.
@Aequorin
I can understand that, even if I don't agree with not even telling people anything at all, ever.
Even in the court of law you have to present the guilty party with evidence of their guilt, but as it stands we don't know what we did to be targeted by whatever arbitrary process decided we were automating things or deliberately attacking the site while playing the game normally.

I was referring to you telling us to read the ToU again to clear up whether what we are doing was or wasn't wrong.
We already know we weren't breaking any rules. And that being in compliance with it clearly doesn't stop people from being suspended anyway, without warning.

Reading it again won't solve that issue for anyone.
Just adding another disappointed voice to this thread. I am not on flight rising as much as I used to be, but I introduced a friend to it who is homebound and who really loves it as a relaxing distraction throughout her day. She, too, was auto-suspended with no indication of what she has done wrong, and despite her being INCREDIBLY helpful to the staff in letting them know precisely what actions she takes on flight rising and how she uses the site(none of which include bots or such), she has continued to receive (in my opinion) very demeaning replies.

My friend is increasingly distressed right now as she watches her dragons get hungrier and hungrier, and it hurts me to witness this. I just don't understand how a site with such previously helpful mods can suddenly turn in this direction. Even if there are attacks occurring, it seems wrong to me to witch-hunt out a large base of users and treat them like this without giving them an indication of what they are doing wrong beyond pointing to an INCREDIBLY vague terms of use.

Please, lets come up with a better resolution for this.
Just adding another disappointed voice to this thread. I am not on flight rising as much as I used to be, but I introduced a friend to it who is homebound and who really loves it as a relaxing distraction throughout her day. She, too, was auto-suspended with no indication of what she has done wrong, and despite her being INCREDIBLY helpful to the staff in letting them know precisely what actions she takes on flight rising and how she uses the site(none of which include bots or such), she has continued to receive (in my opinion) very demeaning replies.

My friend is increasingly distressed right now as she watches her dragons get hungrier and hungrier, and it hurts me to witness this. I just don't understand how a site with such previously helpful mods can suddenly turn in this direction. Even if there are attacks occurring, it seems wrong to me to witch-hunt out a large base of users and treat them like this without giving them an indication of what they are doing wrong beyond pointing to an INCREDIBLY vague terms of use.

Please, lets come up with a better resolution for this.
Sig2.jpg
If your userbase is too scared to play, you are doing something wrong. This is the latest fiasco in a long line of fiascoes. It's getting ridiculous and it's getting enraging. I no longer trust the admins, which means I no longer want to play. I stopped donating a while back because I was unimpressed with the actions of the admins and the slump the site is in, and everything I see lately is only making me more sure that not wasting my money here is the right thing to do.

Directing players to the TOU is completely useless while the terms are still so vague. You cannot say 'don't use browser functions' and start banning or suspending people with no warning for just playing normally or for using scripts and add-ons that no other site has any problem with. The idea that Snaplinks is what's causing all the problems is ridiculous and makes me wonder if any of you actually have any technical knowledge.

All you're doing is alienating your userbase and making players angry. Angry players, and scared players, leave the site. If you don't start reassuring your players and stop treating us like children or criminals, it will soon stop mattering all together because you won't have a userbase or a site at all. It is not our fault that your servers aren't good enough. It is not our fault that people are hacking or DoSing the site. It is not our fault that there's lag or things break. Stop punishing everyone for the actions of a few.
If your userbase is too scared to play, you are doing something wrong. This is the latest fiasco in a long line of fiascoes. It's getting ridiculous and it's getting enraging. I no longer trust the admins, which means I no longer want to play. I stopped donating a while back because I was unimpressed with the actions of the admins and the slump the site is in, and everything I see lately is only making me more sure that not wasting my money here is the right thing to do.

Directing players to the TOU is completely useless while the terms are still so vague. You cannot say 'don't use browser functions' and start banning or suspending people with no warning for just playing normally or for using scripts and add-ons that no other site has any problem with. The idea that Snaplinks is what's causing all the problems is ridiculous and makes me wonder if any of you actually have any technical knowledge.

All you're doing is alienating your userbase and making players angry. Angry players, and scared players, leave the site. If you don't start reassuring your players and stop treating us like children or criminals, it will soon stop mattering all together because you won't have a userbase or a site at all. It is not our fault that your servers aren't good enough. It is not our fault that people are hacking or DoSing the site. It is not our fault that there's lag or things break. Stop punishing everyone for the actions of a few.
How to avoid getting suspended from FR: don't play FR.

This is ridiculous. Your users are trying to abide by the rules but you won't tell them how and smack them with suspensions anyway.

"I have read the ToU and I did not do anything to violate it to best of my knowledge, so why was I suspended?"
"Go read the ToU to see why."

Maybe you need to update the ToU since all the answers are supposed to be there, and they are clearly not.

I'm beginning to think the admins don't even know what "DDoS-like" activity is, and that's why they can't tell anyone. It's like they're throwing darts at the users and hoping eventually they're going to hit the ones actually causing problems.

Additionally these suspensions make no sense at all. Okay, you've suspended someone for DDoS-like activity. But they don't know what they did that counts as that. So presumably they're going to keep doing it, unless they stop playing altogether. Why aren't you permabanning them, then? The suspensions, as you are doing them, are pointless. Do you want to scare them into leaving the site so you can say you didn't permaban them?

For my part, I don't see much sense in spending real money on a site that will ban me at any time for doing things I don't know I'm not supposed to do, and then refuse to tell me why I was banned.

Also, the suspensions as you're currently doing them are pointless. You suspend someone, and then don't tell them what they were doing to get suspended. So presumably, they're going to keep unknowingly doing it once the suspension is up, thereby "harming the site with DDoS-like activity." So why aren't you permabanning them, then? Since you won't tell them how to stop? Or are you trying to scare them into quitting the site just so you can say you didn't permaban them? Shady.
How to avoid getting suspended from FR: don't play FR.

This is ridiculous. Your users are trying to abide by the rules but you won't tell them how and smack them with suspensions anyway.

"I have read the ToU and I did not do anything to violate it to best of my knowledge, so why was I suspended?"
"Go read the ToU to see why."

Maybe you need to update the ToU since all the answers are supposed to be there, and they are clearly not.

I'm beginning to think the admins don't even know what "DDoS-like" activity is, and that's why they can't tell anyone. It's like they're throwing darts at the users and hoping eventually they're going to hit the ones actually causing problems.

Additionally these suspensions make no sense at all. Okay, you've suspended someone for DDoS-like activity. But they don't know what they did that counts as that. So presumably they're going to keep doing it, unless they stop playing altogether. Why aren't you permabanning them, then? The suspensions, as you are doing them, are pointless. Do you want to scare them into leaving the site so you can say you didn't permaban them?

For my part, I don't see much sense in spending real money on a site that will ban me at any time for doing things I don't know I'm not supposed to do, and then refuse to tell me why I was banned.

Also, the suspensions as you're currently doing them are pointless. You suspend someone, and then don't tell them what they were doing to get suspended. So presumably, they're going to keep unknowingly doing it once the suspension is up, thereby "harming the site with DDoS-like activity." So why aren't you permabanning them, then? Since you won't tell them how to stop? Or are you trying to scare them into quitting the site just so you can say you didn't permaban them? Shady.
bmC7aIK.pngmLmd8FJ.pngdV1P3J2.pngWCTD8jq.png
[quote name="chivere" date="2014-02-17 13:24:18"] Also, the suspensions as you're currently doing them are pointless. You suspend someone, and then don't tell them what they were doing to get suspended. So presumably, they're going to keep unknowingly doing it once the suspension is up, thereby "harming the site with DDoS-like activity." So why aren't you permabanning them, then? Since you won't tell them how to stop? Or are you trying to scare them into quitting the site just so you can say you didn't permaban them? Shady.[/quote] That's my concern; I don't know what I did to get banned, so do I dare go back to playing the site as actively as I did before? What is stopping the same daily activities from getting me suspended again? Dunno. :/ Anyway. @Saeru, if your friend had the same 48 hours everyone else had, and if her dragons were fed a bit before she was suspended they should be fine and she should be able to keep her bonuses if she feeds them once she gets back. If she's someone who depends on gathering to get the food she needs on a daily basis, and doesn't have enough when she gets back you two can just let me know. I always have more food than I need.
chivere wrote on 2014-02-17 13:24:18:

That's my concern; I don't know what I did to get banned, so do I dare go back to playing the site as actively as I did before? What is stopping the same daily activities from getting me suspended again?
Dunno. :/

Anyway. @Saeru, if your friend had the same 48 hours everyone else had, and if her dragons were fed a bit before she was suspended they should be fine and she should be able to keep her bonuses if she feeds them once she gets back.
If she's someone who depends on gathering to get the food she needs on a daily basis, and doesn't have enough when she gets back you two can just let me know. I always have more food than I need.
This whole DDOS witchhunt is getting ridiculous. And no, @Aequorin you can't tell us to just read the ToS, because last time people got suspended and THEN the ToS was updated to include the thing they supposedly got suspended for and knew nothing about ahead of time. Which half of them apparently weren't doing, anyway.

Keeping your userbase in the dark about what exactly it is that you want them to stop doing is really, really unhelpful to anyone. Not to mention paranoia-inducing. Since people don't know what to avoid, the only thing you're going to accomplish is make them stop playing or play less, and while that may help with server problems, is that really what you want?

(Yes, I know, you can't answer in any useful manner. I'm hoping you'll at least understand our concerns and convey them to the admins, who afaik don't have pings turned on.)

@chivere Excellent point about the suspensions being irrational.
This whole DDOS witchhunt is getting ridiculous. And no, @Aequorin you can't tell us to just read the ToS, because last time people got suspended and THEN the ToS was updated to include the thing they supposedly got suspended for and knew nothing about ahead of time. Which half of them apparently weren't doing, anyway.

Keeping your userbase in the dark about what exactly it is that you want them to stop doing is really, really unhelpful to anyone. Not to mention paranoia-inducing. Since people don't know what to avoid, the only thing you're going to accomplish is make them stop playing or play less, and while that may help with server problems, is that really what you want?

(Yes, I know, you can't answer in any useful manner. I'm hoping you'll at least understand our concerns and convey them to the admins, who afaik don't have pings turned on.)

@chivere Excellent point about the suspensions being irrational.
I play FR almost every day, with multiple windows always aAs I do with every site but this concerns me a lot. I don't want to put money into a site if there is a chance of begging suspended/banned for a reason you can't even say why :(

I don't think I'll be spending money for gems on here anymore.. Not that I did it very much to begin with. And the only extention I use is Ad-Block. Yes, it takes money away from the site, but after getting a virus from one of the ads, I keep it up. Not like FR is going to pay to fix my computer from a virus from their ads.
I play FR almost every day, with multiple windows always aAs I do with every site but this concerns me a lot. I don't want to put money into a site if there is a chance of begging suspended/banned for a reason you can't even say why :(

I don't think I'll be spending money for gems on here anymore.. Not that I did it very much to begin with. And the only extention I use is Ad-Block. Yes, it takes money away from the site, but after getting a virus from one of the ads, I keep it up. Not like FR is going to pay to fix my computer from a virus from their ads.
icefull2.png
Exactly, this is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Honestly, I really want to donate more so I can get gems for things, but at this point I don't want to fund these horrid and ridiculous actions. This is honestly disgusting. I love this site and my dragons, but this is getting really old, really fast. As someone who has anxiety and depression, this site helps distract me when I'm upset. I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to get banned for bonding with my familiars, or anything that creates too much "traffic."

I'm terrified that I'm going to get banned for making this post, honestly. This is why I stay away from the forums unless necessary, I don't want to be in the crossfire of a knee jerk reaction.

You cannot run a userbase driven by fear and anger, it's just going to backfire. Ever spit into the wind that's blowing right towards you? Yeah, that's what's happening here. Honestly the way this is all being handled is extremely unprofessional.
Exactly, this is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Honestly, I really want to donate more so I can get gems for things, but at this point I don't want to fund these horrid and ridiculous actions. This is honestly disgusting. I love this site and my dragons, but this is getting really old, really fast. As someone who has anxiety and depression, this site helps distract me when I'm upset. I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to get banned for bonding with my familiars, or anything that creates too much "traffic."

I'm terrified that I'm going to get banned for making this post, honestly. This is why I stay away from the forums unless necessary, I don't want to be in the crossfire of a knee jerk reaction.

You cannot run a userbase driven by fear and anger, it's just going to backfire. Ever spit into the wind that's blowing right towards you? Yeah, that's what's happening here. Honestly the way this is all being handled is extremely unprofessional.
N4h8OZz.gif
This is honestly discouraging.

FR what's going on? We want to play you and love you but it seems you don't want us to.

Just because you assume someone is going against your ToU doesn't mean you should jump the gun and fire bans left, right and center. This is extremely unfair for the user base that are being honest to goodness players. Start doing research into it.

Give them an answer to why they are banned in clearer details.

THIS IS BAD BUSINESS. People pay to play your site. They are trying to be helpful but it seems you're beating them down.

Please give us a reason why we all shouldn't stop playing it? Because right now you're giving us all the reason to stop playing. You're mistreating us.

Give everyone you wronged a big Apology.
This is honestly discouraging.

FR what's going on? We want to play you and love you but it seems you don't want us to.

Just because you assume someone is going against your ToU doesn't mean you should jump the gun and fire bans left, right and center. This is extremely unfair for the user base that are being honest to goodness players. Start doing research into it.

Give them an answer to why they are banned in clearer details.

THIS IS BAD BUSINESS. People pay to play your site. They are trying to be helpful but it seems you're beating them down.

Please give us a reason why we all shouldn't stop playing it? Because right now you're giving us all the reason to stop playing. You're mistreating us.

Give everyone you wronged a big Apology.
BMEWTUV.png
@chivere

The gem thing is something I am putting on hold until things get cleared up, too. I don't buy super often, but I had been considering getting another Coatl scroll and now I don't feel okay doing so because all of this has everyone walking on eggshells and not giving a clear answer as to what to do that will prevent the mistake in the future.

I don't know. This whole thing is messy and makes me sad.
@chivere

The gem thing is something I am putting on hold until things get cleared up, too. I don't buy super often, but I had been considering getting another Coatl scroll and now I don't feel okay doing so because all of this has everyone walking on eggshells and not giving a clear answer as to what to do that will prevent the mistake in the future.

I don't know. This whole thing is messy and makes me sad.
tumblr_inline_njck0j2in41r51spr.png qvTNuJR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13