Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Crossbreeding Question
I was wondering if there was a list anywhere or breeding chart when it comes to breeding non-starter dragons with one another?

For example the Encyclopedia lists Ridgebacks and Pearlcatchers as both being "Common" and as both having a 20 day breeding cooldown. So I'm tempted to assume that their hatchlings could be either species at a 50/50 rate. Anyone know from experience? What about a Wildclaw and Ridgeback breeding? Would all the hatchlings be wildclaws?
I was wondering if there was a list anywhere or breeding chart when it comes to breeding non-starter dragons with one another?

For example the Encyclopedia lists Ridgebacks and Pearlcatchers as both being "Common" and as both having a 20 day breeding cooldown. So I'm tempted to assume that their hatchlings could be either species at a 50/50 rate. Anyone know from experience? What about a Wildclaw and Ridgeback breeding? Would all the hatchlings be wildclaws?
icesig_zpsqvsuexr8.jpg
Wildclaw x Ridgeback = probably going to be all Ridgebacks.

Wildclaw x Imperial = probably going to be all Imperials.

Plentiful x Common = probably going to be all Plentiful

There is a chance, but it's small. Really really really small.

From the Encyclopedia:
Quote:
Offspring will be produced by taking into account the breed and genes of the parents.

Breed: With starter breeds (Fae, Tundra, Guardian, and Mirror), offspring have an equal chance to inherit their breed from either of their parents. If the parent dragons are of the same breed, the chance for the offspring to be that same breed is 100%. The exception comes when the parents' breed rarities or types are inconsistent.

Example 1: Harold's two parent dragons are of different breeds. The mother is a Fae dragon, while the father is a Wildclaw. Wildclaw dragons are a very rare breed, and have a low likelihood of passing it to their offspring if paired with any other breed.

Example 2: Harold is pairing his Fae dragon with a Tundra dragon instead. Due to their breed rarity being the same, he will have a 50/50 chance of producing Fae or Tundra offspring.

Example 3: Harold is pairing two Guardian dragons together. Due to their identical breeds, all produced offspring will be Guardians.
Wildclaw x Ridgeback = probably going to be all Ridgebacks.

Wildclaw x Imperial = probably going to be all Imperials.

Plentiful x Common = probably going to be all Plentiful

There is a chance, but it's small. Really really really small.

From the Encyclopedia:
Quote:
Offspring will be produced by taking into account the breed and genes of the parents.

Breed: With starter breeds (Fae, Tundra, Guardian, and Mirror), offspring have an equal chance to inherit their breed from either of their parents. If the parent dragons are of the same breed, the chance for the offspring to be that same breed is 100%. The exception comes when the parents' breed rarities or types are inconsistent.

Example 1: Harold's two parent dragons are of different breeds. The mother is a Fae dragon, while the father is a Wildclaw. Wildclaw dragons are a very rare breed, and have a low likelihood of passing it to their offspring if paired with any other breed.

Example 2: Harold is pairing his Fae dragon with a Tundra dragon instead. Due to their breed rarity being the same, he will have a 50/50 chance of producing Fae or Tundra offspring.

Example 3: Harold is pairing two Guardian dragons together. Due to their identical breeds, all produced offspring will be Guardians.
coffee. need coffee.
@twitchy

Thank you twitchy! :D

I feel silly for missing that but I&#039;ve been having a hard time navigating the site up until today. >_<. I&#039;ve been deciding on a goal for myself on the site and I&#039;ve managed to find 2 dragons I&#039;d like to scroll but I wasn&#039;t sure what breeds I should do.

I like the female ridgeback dragon pose for example but not the male ones for the other breeds as much. Spiral and Snapper are too expansive to go for so my choices were wildclaw, ridgeback, and pealcatcher and I&#039;d like to do two different breeds.

Looks like I&#039;m going to have to go with ridgeback and pearlcatcher. Since they are the same rarity that will give me 50/50 hatchling breed chance yes?
@twitchy

Thank you twitchy! :D

I feel silly for missing that but I&#039;ve been having a hard time navigating the site up until today. >_<. I&#039;ve been deciding on a goal for myself on the site and I&#039;ve managed to find 2 dragons I&#039;d like to scroll but I wasn&#039;t sure what breeds I should do.

I like the female ridgeback dragon pose for example but not the male ones for the other breeds as much. Spiral and Snapper are too expansive to go for so my choices were wildclaw, ridgeback, and pealcatcher and I&#039;d like to do two different breeds.

Looks like I&#039;m going to have to go with ridgeback and pearlcatcher. Since they are the same rarity that will give me 50/50 hatchling breed chance yes?
icesig_zpsqvsuexr8.jpg
@Kwirki
You are correct on the 50/50 hatchling there Kwirki.

As some further information from experience. Wildclaw plus anything basically gives you the other breed and if you are really really lucky you might get a Wildclaw.

From personal experience when crossing say a pearlcatcher and a guardian there is a decent chance to get a pearl if you have a large nest. I can&#039;t remember where it is but someone ran probabilities using the previews and I think it was 25% chance. I wish I had book marked that thread. :(
@Kwirki
You are correct on the 50/50 hatchling there Kwirki.

As some further information from experience. Wildclaw plus anything basically gives you the other breed and if you are really really lucky you might get a Wildclaw.

From personal experience when crossing say a pearlcatcher and a guardian there is a decent chance to get a pearl if you have a large nest. I can&#039;t remember where it is but someone ran probabilities using the previews and I think it was 25% chance. I wish I had book marked that thread. :(
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
Ah I see! Thank you @Salmastryon !

Looks like I better make note:

New Goals!

1 Pearlcatcher, 1 Ridgeback, & 2 Iridescent Scrolls
Ah I see! Thank you @Salmastryon !

Looks like I better make note:

New Goals!

1 Pearlcatcher, 1 Ridgeback, & 2 Iridescent Scrolls
icesig_zpsqvsuexr8.jpg
@Kwirki
I have my pearl/guardian pair coming up in 4 days I&#039;ll try to use the preview button to get a large sample and let you know the results. :)
@Kwirki
I have my pearl/guardian pair coming up in 4 days I&#039;ll try to use the preview button to get a large sample and let you know the results. :)
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@Salmastryon

Oh yes please! I need to start saving so I can start scrolling and then breed the Ridgeback and Pearlcatcher. :) Any and all breeding info I can get my hands on will be useful.
@Salmastryon

Oh yes please! I need to start saving so I can start scrolling and then breed the Ridgeback and Pearlcatcher. :) Any and all breeding info I can get my hands on will be useful.
icesig_zpsqvsuexr8.jpg
Is there a chart somewhere showing which dragons are in which area(rarety, common, etc.)?
Is there a chart somewhere showing which dragons are in which area(rarety, common, etc.)?
@KelseyE3737 c: In the future you'd be better off starting a new thread rather than asking a question in a 4 year old one.
But yes, you can see that here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=17
@KelseyE3737 c: In the future you'd be better off starting a new thread rather than asking a question in a 4 year old one.
But yes, you can see that here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=17
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@KelseyE3737

If you want to see percentages then check This guide which includes both breed and gene rarity, and is kept pretty well up to date.
@KelseyE3737

If you want to see percentages then check This guide which includes both breed and gene rarity, and is kept pretty well up to date.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts