Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite cartoons?
1 2 3 4 5
@ThunderInvader I like the old Teen Titans as well and heavily dislike Teen Titans Go. My friends also recommended watching Stephen Universe. What is it about?

@Brenning I watched some episodes Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I was interested but didn't pursue it further. Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is definitely the best Scooby Doo. I had Digimon Dawn and Dusk the games for DS but I wasn't interested in the show. I never actually beat those games. I hear a lot about Voltron. What is it about?

@PixelSpiral I'm interested in checking it out. Is Barash the Ram?
@ThunderInvader I like the old Teen Titans as well and heavily dislike Teen Titans Go. My friends also recommended watching Stephen Universe. What is it about?

@Brenning I watched some episodes Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I was interested but didn't pursue it further. Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is definitely the best Scooby Doo. I had Digimon Dawn and Dusk the games for DS but I wasn't interested in the show. I never actually beat those games. I hear a lot about Voltron. What is it about?

@PixelSpiral I'm interested in checking it out. Is Barash the Ram?
690328pathtotruth2.png
@InnerAnimus yes he is
@InnerAnimus yes he is
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Uhhh I don't watch as many cartoons as I used to but here's a few I'll still watch if they're on/I want to watch again:

-Old Spongebob, which I still occasionally quote from
-Transformers Prime
-Transformers Animated where's season 4 Hasbro
-I really don't watch much TV I can't think of anything notable
Uhhh I don't watch as many cartoons as I used to but here's a few I'll still watch if they're on/I want to watch again:

-Old Spongebob, which I still occasionally quote from
-Transformers Prime
-Transformers Animated where's season 4 Hasbro
-I really don't watch much TV I can't think of anything notable
Oh god, I've been in the Danny Phantom phandom since the beginning. I love that show to death, no pun intended lol. I still can't believe that Danny is almost fourteen years old D: It first premiered when I was in sixth grade, and it's still a show way ahead of it's time.

Voltron is the show I'm currently invested in, and I'm a huge Keith fan lol. I see a lot of my own personality traits in him, so that's probably why I like him so much. Pidge and Shiro are tied for my second favorite :P I ship Kidge pretty hard. The next season can't come out fast enough!

The X-men fandom is another one I've been involved in for a looooong time. I had a huge crush on Evo Kurt back in the day lol. I was huge into Xmen Evolution when that was still on TV, and I'm probably one of the biggest Nightcrawler fans you'll ever know. I consider 616 Kurt to be one of the best Marvel characters ever written tbh, he's a very underrated character.
The Excalibur Epic collection and 2003 Nightcrawler comics are among my most prized possessions. I really wish they had pursued the idea of Kurt being a supernatural detective more, but alas...

Still love Teen Titans, and I occasionally re-watch it. Beast Boy was my fave, and I was a huge BBRae shipper.

Does Rise of the Guardians count as a cartoon? Because I'm still way into that. It seems silly to be so invested in a movie/book series that includes Santa, the Toothfairy, and the Easterbunny as main characters but it happened. The fanfic for this is kinda dark all things considered, but there's so much to play with and there's a ton of flexibility when it comes to what is and isn't canon because you can literally make any myth a character. I pretty much only got into this because I loved Jack Frost, but after watching it, I came to appreciate all the characters. I consider it one of Dreamworks most underrated movies tbh the animation alone makes it worth watching! So gorgeous!

Other various cartoons I love:
-Gargoyles
-Generator Rex
-American Dragon: Jake Long
-Static Shock
-Young Justice
Oh god, I've been in the Danny Phantom phandom since the beginning. I love that show to death, no pun intended lol. I still can't believe that Danny is almost fourteen years old D: It first premiered when I was in sixth grade, and it's still a show way ahead of it's time.

Voltron is the show I'm currently invested in, and I'm a huge Keith fan lol. I see a lot of my own personality traits in him, so that's probably why I like him so much. Pidge and Shiro are tied for my second favorite :P I ship Kidge pretty hard. The next season can't come out fast enough!

The X-men fandom is another one I've been involved in for a looooong time. I had a huge crush on Evo Kurt back in the day lol. I was huge into Xmen Evolution when that was still on TV, and I'm probably one of the biggest Nightcrawler fans you'll ever know. I consider 616 Kurt to be one of the best Marvel characters ever written tbh, he's a very underrated character.
The Excalibur Epic collection and 2003 Nightcrawler comics are among my most prized possessions. I really wish they had pursued the idea of Kurt being a supernatural detective more, but alas...

Still love Teen Titans, and I occasionally re-watch it. Beast Boy was my fave, and I was a huge BBRae shipper.

Does Rise of the Guardians count as a cartoon? Because I'm still way into that. It seems silly to be so invested in a movie/book series that includes Santa, the Toothfairy, and the Easterbunny as main characters but it happened. The fanfic for this is kinda dark all things considered, but there's so much to play with and there's a ton of flexibility when it comes to what is and isn't canon because you can literally make any myth a character. I pretty much only got into this because I loved Jack Frost, but after watching it, I came to appreciate all the characters. I consider it one of Dreamworks most underrated movies tbh the animation alone makes it worth watching! So gorgeous!

Other various cartoons I love:
-Gargoyles
-Generator Rex
-American Dragon: Jake Long
-Static Shock
-Young Justice
ybwf4f9.gif
@inneranimus
Aww man, those are some good ones! I don't think anything can top Avatar the Last Airbender for me, with Steven Universe being a close second. I really enjoyed The Legend of Korra too!
@inneranimus
Aww man, those are some good ones! I don't think anything can top Avatar the Last Airbender for me, with Steven Universe being a close second. I really enjoyed The Legend of Korra too!
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Voltron, The Amazing world of Gumball, Avatar: the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, and (guilty pleasure lol) Spongebob.
Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Voltron, The Amazing world of Gumball, Avatar: the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, and (guilty pleasure lol) Spongebob.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@InnerAnimus

The different versions are different, but the core concept of Voltron involves a group fighting against an oppressive alien empire, piloting special mechanical lions that can also in turn join together to become a giant robotic warrior called Voltron.

If you ever decide to give one a try, go with the current series. The current series does take some ideas, characters and themes from the original, but they have built this rich, unique version of the setting with better stories, deeper mythology and just overall better everything (and I say this as someone who grew up loving the original and was dead set against liking the new version because every other re-imagining or continuation so far had been terrible).
@InnerAnimus

The different versions are different, but the core concept of Voltron involves a group fighting against an oppressive alien empire, piloting special mechanical lions that can also in turn join together to become a giant robotic warrior called Voltron.

If you ever decide to give one a try, go with the current series. The current series does take some ideas, characters and themes from the original, but they have built this rich, unique version of the setting with better stories, deeper mythology and just overall better everything (and I say this as someone who grew up loving the original and was dead set against liking the new version because every other re-imagining or continuation so far had been terrible).
Formerly known as Brenning.
hey does anyone remember The Secret Show because I loved that show when I was a kid, but for some reason it would only come on real late at night, like, sometime in the AM, and I would stay up just to see it and it would make my parents mad but it wasn't my fault that they would air a children's show waaayyyy past most kids' bedtime
hey does anyone remember The Secret Show because I loved that show when I was a kid, but for some reason it would only come on real late at night, like, sometime in the AM, and I would stay up just to see it and it would make my parents mad but it wasn't my fault that they would air a children's show waaayyyy past most kids' bedtime
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
Ooooh my favorite cartoons huh.

My absolute number one is Voltron! I absolutely love the show! It. has amazing set of characters and I the plot is really interesting! Also, my fave character is Lance, gotta love my sweet boy.

My other faves are The legend of Korra ( faves are Bolin and Varrick), Avatar the last Airbender (faves are Zuko and Sokka, but I really love them all) and Gravity falls (I don't really have a fave bc I love them all)!
Ooooh my favorite cartoons huh.

My absolute number one is Voltron! I absolutely love the show! It. has amazing set of characters and I the plot is really interesting! Also, my fave character is Lance, gotta love my sweet boy.

My other faves are The legend of Korra ( faves are Bolin and Varrick), Avatar the last Airbender (faves are Zuko and Sokka, but I really love them all) and Gravity falls (I don't really have a fave bc I love them all)!
Garfield and Pink Panther were two of my biggest special interests as a toddler. I also liked Popeye and Tom & Jerry. (I still like all of these, by the way.) I love SpongeBob and Ed, Edd n Eddy. Those were two of my teenage special interests.
Garfield and Pink Panther were two of my biggest special interests as a toddler. I also liked Popeye and Tom & Jerry. (I still like all of these, by the way.) I love SpongeBob and Ed, Edd n Eddy. Those were two of my teenage special interests.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
1 2 3 4 5