Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons need less food
1 2 3 4
Baldwin is also really helpful, even for new players. You can melt as little as 4-6 food points of any type to get 40 FP of a single type for only 100 treasure.
Baldwin is also really helpful, even for new players. You can melt as little as 4-6 food points of any type to get 40 FP of a single type for only 100 treasure.
No support, I never grind for food, and my food count quickly rises, i spend two days a week just digging, and it still works out for me.

Also each flight has a food bank, so if you really need food, just go there.
No support, I never grind for food, and my food count quickly rises, i spend two days a week just digging, and it still works out for me.

Also each flight has a food bank, so if you really need food, just go there.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
Here's my current stats:

Total Meat Eaten - 215101
Total Insects Eaten - 184978
Total Plants Eaten - 135581
Total Seafood Eaten - 149817

That's total of 685477 food points. You can calculate how many millions I've spent feeding my dragons. (The current AH prices are ~100 gold per point, so my dragons have eaten roughly 68 million worth of food.)

It's exactly why I haven't actively played the game lately: countless hours in the coliseum, yet I can't even keep up with this food consumption. Would be nice to be able to buy some of the new apparel and genes for change, instead of having to sink all of my earnings into buying food.
Here's my current stats:

That's total of 685477 food points. You can calculate how many millions I've spent feeding my dragons. (The current AH prices are ~100 gold per point, so my dragons have eaten roughly 68 million worth of food.)

It's exactly why I haven't actively played the game lately: countless hours in the coliseum, yet I can't even keep up with this food consumption. Would be nice to be able to buy some of the new apparel and genes for change, instead of having to sink all of my earnings into buying food.
[quote name="Zaltys" date=2017-11-15 04:38:58] Here's my current stats: Total Meat Eaten - 215101 Total Insects Eaten - 184978 Total Plants Eaten - 135581 Total Seafood Eaten - 149817 That's total of 685477 food points. You can calculate how many millions I've spent feeding my dragons. (The current AH prices are ~100 gold per point, so my dragons have eaten roughly 68 million worth of food.) It's exactly why I haven't actively played the game lately: countless hours in the coliseum, yet I can't even keep up with this food consumption. Would be nice to be able to buy some of the new apparel and genes for change, instead of having to sink all of my earnings into buying food. [/quote] Then you've got too many dragons/not enought time. This is a softcap. Once you feel overwhelmed by the dragons you have exalting is your best friend. You can easily feed a lair of 4 to 5 pages from gathering alone. Thats a lot of dragons yo don't have to pay a penny for and that doesn't require more than 1 to 5 minutes of activity each day depending on ones connection. Everything over that is requiring coliseum farming. This is not being a problem of dragons eating too much. Its a problem with people having more pets than they can afford.
Zaltys wrote on 2017-11-15:
Here's my current stats:

Then you've got too many dragons/not enought time. This is a softcap. Once you feel overwhelmed by the dragons you have exalting is your best friend. You can easily feed a lair of 4 to 5 pages from gathering alone. Thats a lot of dragons yo don't have to pay a penny for and that doesn't require more than 1 to 5 minutes of activity each day depending on ones connection. Everything over that is requiring coliseum farming. This is not being a problem of dragons eating too much. Its a problem with people having more pets than they can afford.
The number you just quoted is actually a really reasonable amount considering you've been playing since the day the site opened. o_0 And I highly doubt you spent 68 mil on food. It sounds more like you're upset that the food you got from Coli and gathering has to go to your dragons and not into your bank account. To which I say, if dragons only ate one food point a day, the price of food would drop to 33% of what it is, yeah?

I guess the thing is, feeding is one of the few direct interactions we have with our dragons. If we didn't have to do that, they'd feel more like statues and less like living, breathing beings in a living world. If it doesn't require at least some effort to keep them happy, then what's the point?

(I would completely support an overhaul to the gathering system so that a level 40 doesn't come back with like 2 food points in one turn because seriously that's silly.)
The number you just quoted is actually a really reasonable amount considering you've been playing since the day the site opened. o_0 And I highly doubt you spent 68 mil on food. It sounds more like you're upset that the food you got from Coli and gathering has to go to your dragons and not into your bank account. To which I say, if dragons only ate one food point a day, the price of food would drop to 33% of what it is, yeah?

I guess the thing is, feeding is one of the few direct interactions we have with our dragons. If we didn't have to do that, they'd feel more like statues and less like living, breathing beings in a living world. If it doesn't require at least some effort to keep them happy, then what's the point?

(I would completely support an overhaul to the gathering system so that a level 40 doesn't come back with like 2 food points in one turn because seriously that's silly.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
No Support

Dragons lose 1 point for every 8 hours, which means every 24 hours you lose 3 points per dragon. The more dragons you have, the more food you're going to need - which then puts a food issue on the user, not the amount the dragons need to eat.
Dragons only need to eat 3 points a day per dragon, which isn't a lot of food if you really think about it. You actually have to feed your dragons less than you have to feed yourself in real life.

You do not lose anything by having unfed dragons other than your well-fed bonus, which isn't really a big deal. You also lose the ability to breed and battle, but they don't need to be fully fed to do either of those things.

If you're having difficulty keeping your dragons fed, then you should consider the following:
- Selling/exalting some of your dragons (you obviously have too many to maintain)
- Using the coliseum more to get food
- Buying food (play fairgrounds to afford food?)
- Access a food bank
- Use your gathering turns for food resources

I personally keep my lair low on dragons so I can ensure they get fed, even if I happen to be gone for months at a time.
No Support

Dragons lose 1 point for every 8 hours, which means every 24 hours you lose 3 points per dragon. The more dragons you have, the more food you're going to need - which then puts a food issue on the user, not the amount the dragons need to eat.
Dragons only need to eat 3 points a day per dragon, which isn't a lot of food if you really think about it. You actually have to feed your dragons less than you have to feed yourself in real life.

You do not lose anything by having unfed dragons other than your well-fed bonus, which isn't really a big deal. You also lose the ability to breed and battle, but they don't need to be fully fed to do either of those things.

If you're having difficulty keeping your dragons fed, then you should consider the following:
- Selling/exalting some of your dragons (you obviously have too many to maintain)
- Using the coliseum more to get food
- Buying food (play fairgrounds to afford food?)
- Access a food bank
- Use your gathering turns for food resources

I personally keep my lair low on dragons so I can ensure they get fed, even if I happen to be gone for months at a time.
A L Y S H I I A A   O F   L I G H T N I N G   F L I G H T

Ory67nL.gif vnvMixy.gif jA0eni1.gif
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-11-15 05:53:14] The number you just quoted is actually a really reasonable amount considering you've been playing since the day the site opened. o_0 [/quote] And it’s going to be higher per day than a player that started later due to the fact that the admins have already nerfed feeding frequency
Ridara wrote on 2017-11-15:
The number you just quoted is actually a really reasonable amount considering you've been playing since the day the site opened. o_0
And it’s going to be higher per day than a player that started later due to the fact that the admins have already nerfed feeding frequency
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
My lair hovers around max and I can easily feed my lair from leveling three or four dragons to seven in the Roost. I don't use gathered food at all, that all goes into the vault in case it's used in a trade someday. Holiday grinding gets me through the days when I only have one or two hatchlings grow up.

I am glad dragons don't eat every four hours like they used to.
My lair hovers around max and I can easily feed my lair from leveling three or four dragons to seven in the Roost. I don't use gathered food at all, that all goes into the vault in case it's used in a trade someday. Holiday grinding gets me through the days when I only have one or two hatchlings grow up.

I am glad dragons don't eat every four hours like they used to.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
No support, if you just gather food, raise in levels you'll automatically get food thats worth a lot more points and it's no issue at all then to feed your dragons. Also like said before if you want to spend a little extra time also baldwin can be a bit of a solution. I have 4 pages of dragons and I'm in university veterinary studies so very little time and I still manage also + I manage to save 3 food stacks + gathering 3 food stacks of food items too in mean while. (Yeah I'm kinda a hoarder ;-;)
No support, if you just gather food, raise in levels you'll automatically get food thats worth a lot more points and it's no issue at all then to feed your dragons. Also like said before if you want to spend a little extra time also baldwin can be a bit of a solution. I have 4 pages of dragons and I'm in university veterinary studies so very little time and I still manage also + I manage to save 3 food stacks + gathering 3 food stacks of food items too in mean while. (Yeah I'm kinda a hoarder ;-;)
+9 FR time
No support. Getting food is not an insufferable hardship that takes much time away from playing the other areas of the game; as others have said, there are food banks, giveaway forums, the AH, Gathering, and the Coliseum where you can get plenty of food.
No support. Getting food is not an insufferable hardship that takes much time away from playing the other areas of the game; as others have said, there are food banks, giveaway forums, the AH, Gathering, and the Coliseum where you can get plenty of food.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
1 2 3 4