Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help me create a D&D character!! :)
1 2
Being the nerd I am, I'm already in 2 different campaigns, and I'm about to join another 2! I need help coming up with some general ideas for 2 new characters!!
Being the nerd I am, I'm already in 2 different campaigns, and I'm about to join another 2! I need help coming up with some general ideas for 2 new characters!!
tieflings are my favs but consider like... tieflings who are also activists? :0

granted my own characters are always too selfish to be activists but eh
tieflings are my favs but consider like... tieflings who are also activists? :0

granted my own characters are always too selfish to be activists but eh
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Half-elf fighter who communicates exclusively though pantomime.
Half-elf fighter who communicates exclusively though pantomime.
What do you like to play? I myself am most comfortable with Rangers and Fighters.

As for characters... maybe one could be adventuring because they're trying to find a way to feed their family? They would be pretty attracted to money, but overall have a good heart and be more of a motherly/fatherly type. Probably something like Lawful Neutral/Chaotic Good.

The other could be... a past sailor who left their seafaring lifestyle to hunt down and get revenge on the pirate/monster that murdered their partner/sibling/etc. Any alignment could work, I'm sure.

I dunno, some quick ideas.
What do you like to play? I myself am most comfortable with Rangers and Fighters.

As for characters... maybe one could be adventuring because they're trying to find a way to feed their family? They would be pretty attracted to money, but overall have a good heart and be more of a motherly/fatherly type. Probably something like Lawful Neutral/Chaotic Good.

The other could be... a past sailor who left their seafaring lifestyle to hunt down and get revenge on the pirate/monster that murdered their partner/sibling/etc. Any alignment could work, I'm sure.

I dunno, some quick ideas.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@violalore Ha one of my existing characters is a teifling, he's the best boy

@Leotheras I like that idea, I may use it for one

@Rabidwhovian My two characters are a High Elf wizard and a Teifling bard, so I guess I'm partial to magic characters. I do want to maybe switch it up though. The sailor idea is a good one!
@violalore Ha one of my existing characters is a teifling, he's the best boy

@Leotheras I like that idea, I may use it for one

@Rabidwhovian My two characters are a High Elf wizard and a Teifling bard, so I guess I'm partial to magic characters. I do want to maybe switch it up though. The sailor idea is a good one!
bump!
bump!
Some spins on the choices my own players went with. Fair warning, we use a very loose understanding of lore/rules/reality, so depending on your DM, some of these won't fly.
  • A magician who was convinced that magic isn't real, attempted to explain magic through science
  • Another magician who was entirely obsessed with going to "the moon" (there were multiple moons in this setting)
  • Thief who enjoyed the action of theft more than actual stealing, made a point to break into places and leave weird stuff
  • A paladin who followed the "god of hugs" and did so LOUDLY. It was great.
  • A psion who specialized in the "horrify enemies out of fighting" school of combat
  • A "normal guy" (I just went with it) who relied entirely on engineering solutions from random stuff lying around. No spells, no feats. Just...MacGyvering. It was impressive while it lasted.
Some spins on the choices my own players went with. Fair warning, we use a very loose understanding of lore/rules/reality, so depending on your DM, some of these won't fly.
  • A magician who was convinced that magic isn't real, attempted to explain magic through science
  • Another magician who was entirely obsessed with going to "the moon" (there were multiple moons in this setting)
  • Thief who enjoyed the action of theft more than actual stealing, made a point to break into places and leave weird stuff
  • A paladin who followed the "god of hugs" and did so LOUDLY. It was great.
  • A psion who specialized in the "horrify enemies out of fighting" school of combat
  • A "normal guy" (I just went with it) who relied entirely on engineering solutions from random stuff lying around. No spells, no feats. Just...MacGyvering. It was impressive while it lasted.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha These are all amazing omg. I'm loving the non-believer wizard I'm totally gonna do that now
@Oranitha These are all amazing omg. I'm loving the non-believer wizard I'm totally gonna do that now
One of my characters is a halfling bard, basically the mascot of the group. However, she's constantly being thrown at enemies as a weapon. Another is ok'd of many reincarnations of a demon (she split herself into parts, and basically turned into humanoids) but just wants to be friends with everyone. Her weapon of choice is a rope.

Some ideas of mine for you:

-A Mage class (maybe a cleric or sorcerer) that is extremely flirtatious but horrible at flirting. Their spell set consists of spells for getting the girl/boy. (Charm person etc.)

-A non-magic class who wants to be a magic class, so they buy tons of magic items at such, or the other way around (magic class who wants to be non-magic)
One of my characters is a halfling bard, basically the mascot of the group. However, she's constantly being thrown at enemies as a weapon. Another is ok'd of many reincarnations of a demon (she split herself into parts, and basically turned into humanoids) but just wants to be friends with everyone. Her weapon of choice is a rope.

Some ideas of mine for you:

-A Mage class (maybe a cleric or sorcerer) that is extremely flirtatious but horrible at flirting. Their spell set consists of spells for getting the girl/boy. (Charm person etc.)

-A non-magic class who wants to be a magic class, so they buy tons of magic items at such, or the other way around (magic class who wants to be non-magic)
she/he/they | fr + 3
@GardenKeeper Glad to hear! Good luck with the game :)
@GardenKeeper Glad to hear! Good luck with the game :)
cL9yafY.gif
1 2