Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 91 92
Could you make a FAQ thread connected to this, or a list of questions you've fully answered? I've noticed some questions being repeated and this may cut down on that especially as the thread gets longer.
Could you make a FAQ thread connected to this, or a list of questions you've fully answered? I've noticed some questions being repeated and this may cut down on that especially as the thread gets longer.
5891598x3192239.png
Iv got a question, is there some way to fix the Achievement Miscellaneous % bar?
So that is says iv got 100%.
Right now iv earned all the points I can in that area, but it still says iv only got 78%.
Since I cant get the 50 Founder points and the other 2 dont give points I feel it should say 100%.
So I know that I am done earning points in that area.
Iv got a question, is there some way to fix the Achievement Miscellaneous % bar?
So that is says iv got 100%.
Right now iv earned all the points I can in that area, but it still says iv only got 78%.
Since I cant get the 50 Founder points and the other 2 dont give points I feel it should say 100%.
So I know that I am done earning points in that area.
natureshieldl.pngbNS8NB5.pngoQ0muoq.pnghuCYmYA.pngwE7J1TW.png
[quote name="fishspeakers" date="2014-01-23 11:06:59"]@Aequorin Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?[/quote] @fishspeakers, site optimizations have been in the realm of Lightsky, but Akiri is still acting as the lead developer for Flight Rising. Shortly after Akiri's accident, the site was subjected to malicious attacks requiring a redistribution of resources. Any time an attack, game-breaking exploit, or major bug happens, we are forced to re-prioritize and it delays any scheduled release. Code is not static and sometimes fixing one thing can break another, which sets schedules back even further. We understand that the users would like to have a release timeline, and we would too – but unfortunately, it is just not feasible to provide one at this time. [quote]What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?[/quote] They are working on and working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, exploits, and provide consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason why the site is operating at a much faster speed compared to when we opened. We are very happy with their services and look forward to continuing our relationship.
fishspeakers wrote on 2014-01-23 11:06:59:
@Aequorin

Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?

@fishspeakers, site optimizations have been in the realm of Lightsky, but Akiri is still acting as the lead developer for Flight Rising. Shortly after Akiri's accident, the site was subjected to malicious attacks requiring a redistribution of resources. Any time an attack, game-breaking exploit, or major bug happens, we are forced to re-prioritize and it delays any scheduled release.

Code is not static and sometimes fixing one thing can break another, which sets schedules back even further. We understand that the users would like to have a release timeline, and we would too – but unfortunately, it is just not feasible to provide one at this time.

Quote:
What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?

They are working on and working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, exploits, and provide consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason why the site is operating at a much faster speed compared to when we opened. We are very happy with their services and look forward to continuing our relationship.
Art major here, with a year before I get my bachelors.
After a lot of self reflection, and looking at my art, with all different types of programs, I have decided that what I REALLY want to do in life is make art for a pet or breeding site like Flight Rising.
I know jobs on the art team could be highly limited, and I'll be swamped for a year anyway as I finish up my portfolio and other classes, but I would like to know what type of things should be in such a portfolio if I turn one in.
Like a lot of fantasy creature designs for monsters and familiars? New dragon species that have the quality standards of the current dragon arts? Different apparel ideas? Different gene patterns?
Art major here, with a year before I get my bachelors.
After a lot of self reflection, and looking at my art, with all different types of programs, I have decided that what I REALLY want to do in life is make art for a pet or breeding site like Flight Rising.
I know jobs on the art team could be highly limited, and I'll be swamped for a year anyway as I finish up my portfolio and other classes, but I would like to know what type of things should be in such a portfolio if I turn one in.
Like a lot of fantasy creature designs for monsters and familiars? New dragon species that have the quality standards of the current dragon arts? Different apparel ideas? Different gene patterns?
Is the administration team considering adding more code/server professionals in the future? Is Flight Rising looking to expand their resident staff at all? I know a lot of professionals in various fields who would love to get involved, either on a volunteer or staff basis.
Is the administration team considering adding more code/server professionals in the future? Is Flight Rising looking to expand their resident staff at all? I know a lot of professionals in various fields who would love to get involved, either on a volunteer or staff basis.
[quote]Is the administration team considering adding more code/server professionals in the future? Is Flight Rising looking to expand their resident staff at all?[/quote] @FarashaSilver, yes to both as the site grows. [quote]I know jobs on the art team could be highly limited, and I'll be swamped for a year anyway as I finish up my portfolio and other classes, but I would like to know what type of things should be in such a portfolio if I turn one in [/quote] @Tagotartogus, that's a question better suited for Undel or Xhaztol. I'll pass it along. :)
Quote:
Is the administration team considering adding more code/server professionals in the future? Is Flight Rising looking to expand their resident staff at all?

@FarashaSilver, yes to both as the site grows.
Quote:
I know jobs on the art team could be highly limited, and I'll be swamped for a year anyway as I finish up my portfolio and other classes, but I would like to know what type of things should be in such a portfolio if I turn one in

@Tagotartogus, that's a question better suited for Undel or Xhaztol. I'll pass it along. :)
I have a familiar development question!

Are we ever going to get any male-appearing familiars with humanoid features? So far all of they humanoid familiars based on mythical creatures have been female-appearing and it's always bugged me a bit, especially the centaurs, since they're generally depicted as male. It'd be great to have some fawn, satyr, or kappa-inspired familiars.
I have a familiar development question!

Are we ever going to get any male-appearing familiars with humanoid features? So far all of they humanoid familiars based on mythical creatures have been female-appearing and it's always bugged me a bit, especially the centaurs, since they're generally depicted as male. It'd be great to have some fawn, satyr, or kappa-inspired familiars.
r63jyAi.png
I would love to see more involved Q&A threads where we can get in-depth answers. I'd also love more cat-themes familiars, like leopards or panthers! Maybe a full jungle zone?
I would love to see more involved Q&A threads where we can get in-depth answers. I'd also love more cat-themes familiars, like leopards or panthers! Maybe a full jungle zone?
wY86E88.gif
[quote]Are we ever going to get any male-appearing familiars with humanoid features?[/quote] @Horuss, yes. I can't say when but yes. :D
Quote:
Are we ever going to get any male-appearing familiars with humanoid features?

@Horuss, yes. I can't say when but yes. :D
@Aequorin

It would be amazing to see more feline-esque or equestrian based familiars (other than the dwarf unicorns in the gem store). Fuzzy friends are always welcome. I know familiar matching is quite popular among a lot of people (myself included), and a wider color selection to match that of our dragons would be the bee's knees.
@Aequorin

It would be amazing to see more feline-esque or equestrian based familiars (other than the dwarf unicorns in the gem store). Fuzzy friends are always welcome. I know familiar matching is quite popular among a lot of people (myself included), and a wider color selection to match that of our dragons would be the bee's knees.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 91 92