Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 91 92
Since dragons are tied to their unique # IDs, is there a reason why we can't have spaces in their names?
Since dragons are tied to their unique # IDs, is there a reason why we can't have spaces in their names?
@Aequorin
I think this question might best be answered by Undel, but since you're taking them I'll dish it out!
Will gene layers be available in the downloadable PSD files for custom skins in the future? Or are they accessible somewhere as a PNG?
I'm trying to build a "dream dragon" generator for FR, but it'll be extremely difficult to cut out things like circuit so they can be turn on/off. A simple transparency would make things ridiculously more easy.
Thanks!
@Aequorin
I think this question might best be answered by Undel, but since you're taking them I'll dish it out!
Will gene layers be available in the downloadable PSD files for custom skins in the future? Or are they accessible somewhere as a PNG?
I'm trying to build a "dream dragon" generator for FR, but it'll be extremely difficult to cut out things like circuit so they can be turn on/off. A simple transparency would make things ridiculously more easy.
Thanks!
I realize nest renting/dragon studding has been asked about several times, but, as all the answers have discussed it not being a currently supported transaction I feel that this precise question has not been asked or answered:

Will there be a SUPPORTED, code-based way to stud dragons and/or rent nests? Not dragon lending, but a way built into the site that would allow one to cross-lair breed or use a different flight's nest without your dragons leaving your lair (thus, not consituting dragon lending).

The only way to stud or rent nests right now is with dragon lending -- which I 100% understand is not supported, and agree that it shouldn't be supported. But these are very popular transactions on the site and would love a way to stud my single dragons without having them leave my lair. Studding is very common on other sites similar to Flight Rising. I can understand if the developers have decided that that is not an element they want in their game, but it feels like every time it gets asked about we get told "don't lend your dragons!" and not told if we can look forward to being able to stud and/or nest rent without having to lend out our dragons. It feels like it's been an unclear situation as to whether studding and/or nest renting is something the developers WANT to be in the game and just haven't developed yet, or if not supporting it and not developing a supported method are their way of saying "We don't want the community studding and/or nest renting but feel we have no real power to stop it happening".
I realize nest renting/dragon studding has been asked about several times, but, as all the answers have discussed it not being a currently supported transaction I feel that this precise question has not been asked or answered:

Will there be a SUPPORTED, code-based way to stud dragons and/or rent nests? Not dragon lending, but a way built into the site that would allow one to cross-lair breed or use a different flight's nest without your dragons leaving your lair (thus, not consituting dragon lending).

The only way to stud or rent nests right now is with dragon lending -- which I 100% understand is not supported, and agree that it shouldn't be supported. But these are very popular transactions on the site and would love a way to stud my single dragons without having them leave my lair. Studding is very common on other sites similar to Flight Rising. I can understand if the developers have decided that that is not an element they want in their game, but it feels like every time it gets asked about we get told "don't lend your dragons!" and not told if we can look forward to being able to stud and/or nest rent without having to lend out our dragons. It feels like it's been an unclear situation as to whether studding and/or nest renting is something the developers WANT to be in the game and just haven't developed yet, or if not supporting it and not developing a supported method are their way of saying "We don't want the community studding and/or nest renting but feel we have no real power to stop it happening".
Cheers for taking the time to do this! I have a couple of questions, but they aren't major ones;

So far, the coliseum skins released have all been for the high level venues, is there a specific plan or pattern to the releases? (I'm only really asking because I'm pretty sure one of those gorgeous death's head stag skins was selected and I can't wait to see it, but I realise it would have to be released for a very low level venue)

Why is it that when I take my 16th level party to the harpy roost, defeating stonewatch harpies and blue tang hippogriffs yields less experience than beating longnecks and warcats (an easier fight) in the arena? Are exp gains optimized to your party's level in such a way that defeating an enemy in a much higher level venue gives you less, or are the enemies in the roost worth less exp despite their more powerful attacks?

The difficulty/reward ratio in the coliseum seems to vary quite a lot in general, but this stood out to me and I thought it was worth a question.
Cheers for taking the time to do this! I have a couple of questions, but they aren't major ones;

So far, the coliseum skins released have all been for the high level venues, is there a specific plan or pattern to the releases? (I'm only really asking because I'm pretty sure one of those gorgeous death's head stag skins was selected and I can't wait to see it, but I realise it would have to be released for a very low level venue)

Why is it that when I take my 16th level party to the harpy roost, defeating stonewatch harpies and blue tang hippogriffs yields less experience than beating longnecks and warcats (an easier fight) in the arena? Are exp gains optimized to your party's level in such a way that defeating an enemy in a much higher level venue gives you less, or are the enemies in the roost worth less exp despite their more powerful attacks?

The difficulty/reward ratio in the coliseum seems to vary quite a lot in general, but this stood out to me and I thought it was worth a question.
Ax0fBhr.png
@hopestove I saw you chatting with Aequorin in another thread about this issue and she did respond but you probably didn't get notified. (I've not been getting a lot of notifications for forums lately. I'm trying to figure out a pattern before reporting it) But, she did last leave this for you: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-22 10:45:29"]@hopestove, I wanted to follow up: I sent this overall issue impacting several players to the developers and my fellow Admin last night. I don't have an answer for you right now, I apologize.[/quote] Not much new info, except that it has been forwarded to the devs at least. :)
@hopestove
I saw you chatting with Aequorin in another thread about this issue and she did respond but you probably didn't get notified. (I've not been getting a lot of notifications for forums lately. I'm trying to figure out a pattern before reporting it)

But, she did last leave this for you:
Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-22 10:45:29:
@hopestove, I wanted to follow up: I sent this overall issue impacting several players to the developers and my fellow Admin last night. I don't have an answer for you right now, I apologize.

Not much new info, except that it has been forwarded to the devs at least. :)
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
[quote]I read your post about Undell discussing coli/faire on tumblr. He talks about trend micro and work/school connections. Do they think what they are working on will help those of us who have no access but do not have any of the mentioned things?[/quote] @hopestove, I've passed along this information to the devs helping us with the site, Undel and Xhaztol are also aware of the issue. As soon as we have more information, we will let the community know. I apologize for the frustration and play experience. :( [quote]Since dragons are tied to their unique # IDs, is there a reason why we can't have spaces in their names?[/quote] @Sunguard, I don't have an answer for you right now but I'll make a note and get back to you. [quote]Will gene layers be available in the downloadable PSD files for custom skins in the future? Or are they accessible somewhere as a PNG? I'm trying to build a "dream dragon" generator for FR, but it'll be extremely difficult to cut out things like circuit so they can be turn on/off. A simple transparency would make things ridiculously more easy. Thanks![/quote] @Javen, I will check with Undel and Xhaztol for you. [quote]Will there be a SUPPORTED, code-based way to stud dragons and/or rent nests? Not dragon lending, but a way built into the site that would allow one to cross-lair breed or use a different flight's nest without your dragons leaving your lair (thus, not consituting dragon lending).[/quote] @Microraptor, at this time I have no information indicating as such. I have made a note of this request for future reference. [quote]Why is it that when I take my 16th level party to the harpy roost, defeating stonewatch harpies and blue tang hippogriffs yields less experience than beating longnecks and warcats (an easier fight) in the arena? Are exp gains optimized to your party's level in such a way that defeating an enemy in a much higher level venue gives you less, or are the enemies in the roost worth less exp despite their more powerful attacks?[/quote] @Hestmord, I'm going to have to do some poking around to get an answer for you, it may not be today but I'll see what I can do!
Quote:
I read your post about Undell discussing coli/faire on tumblr. He talks about trend micro and work/school connections. Do they think what they are working on will help those of us who have no access but do not have any of the mentioned things?

@hopestove, I've passed along this information to the devs helping us with the site, Undel and Xhaztol are also aware of the issue. As soon as we have more information, we will let the community know. I apologize for the frustration and play experience. :(
Quote:

@Sunguard, I don't have an answer for you right now but I'll make a note and get back to you.
Quote:
Thanks!

@Javen, I will check with Undel and Xhaztol for you.

Quote:

@Microraptor, at this time I have no information indicating as such. I have made a note of this request for future reference.
Quote:

@Hestmord, I'm going to have to do some poking around to get an answer for you, it may not be today but I'll see what I can do!
@Aequorin

Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?
@Aequorin

Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
@fishspeakers Sadly yes. It was stated earlier in the Q&A that both those things were indeed impacted by Akiri's hospitalization.
@fishspeakers Sadly yes. It was stated earlier in the Q&A that both those things were indeed impacted by Akiri's hospitalization.
HEPmLsK.png
Random thought: Is there any way Lightsky can help with the coding? Are they expensive to work with? What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?
Random thought: Is there any way Lightsky can help with the coding? Are they expensive to work with? What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?
4gOhMzr.png Lore/Misc:

Clan An Duin
Progenitor Dross
Epsilon's Archives
Naomi Breeders Inc.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
WdyTW3r.png
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shops:

Error: File not Found
Naomi Blood Hatchery
FR Item/CS Item Shop
Art Shop WIP
6 Digit G1s For Sale

ToTPy94.png
Thank-you for answering my previous question. :3

I have another:

Are there going to be any new fund-flight-rising drives ala the kickstarter? Or was that just a one time only deal, with funding the site being only gem-purchase and ad based from here on out?
Thank-you for answering my previous question. :3

I have another:

Are there going to be any new fund-flight-rising drives ala the kickstarter? Or was that just a one time only deal, with funding the site being only gem-purchase and ad based from here on out?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 91 92