Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back old roundhorns
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Support. I really want to like the new horns, but they are so insanely different. Not only have a lot of outfits been shifted or outright ruined by the changes, a lot of fanart has to be redone (or not, if the artist isn't active). I think there's really no harm in adding the second set of horns, it will make a lot of people happy!
Support. I really want to like the new horns, but they are so insanely different. Not only have a lot of outfits been shifted or outright ruined by the changes, a lot of fanart has to be redone (or not, if the artist isn't active). I think there's really no harm in adding the second set of horns, it will make a lot of people happy!
HjZUn7k.gif
Yeah, this definitely has my support. I appreciate that they've received a much-needed redraw, but their look is much too different now. They're a lot thinner compared to the old horns.

I'd suggest, perhaps, changing the old roundhorns to fix only the perspective errors and then making the chunkier roundhorns either 1) a regular marketplace item or 2) a low-level Baldwin brewable that requires roundhorns + some easily obtainable items.
Yeah, this definitely has my support. I appreciate that they've received a much-needed redraw, but their look is much too different now. They're a lot thinner compared to the old horns.

I'd suggest, perhaps, changing the old roundhorns to fix only the perspective errors and then making the chunkier roundhorns either 1) a regular marketplace item or 2) a low-level Baldwin brewable that requires roundhorns + some easily obtainable items.
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
Support! holy cow so much support! I don't mind the new ones but there are quite a few instances where the old horns matched up far better on my dragons.
Support! holy cow so much support! I don't mind the new ones but there are quite a few instances where the old horns matched up far better on my dragons.
QqPcQdi.png
[quote name="Bolas" date=2017-06-05 11:11:28] No support. If they bring back the old roundhorns, they'd have to bring back all the old looking apparel because someone out there (general someone) will want the old versions of other apparel sets. [/quote] [color=#31456b] Have to agree. I think if the artists responsible for the apparel want to redo them to make them match with newer styles that they should be allowed to do so. I would however support releasing a very [i]distinguishably different[/i] set of horns that are more in line with the old art.
Bolas wrote on 2017-06-05:
No support. If they bring back the old roundhorns, they'd have to bring back all the old looking apparel because someone out there (general someone) will want the old versions of other apparel sets.

Have to agree. I think if the artists responsible for the apparel want to redo them to make them match with newer styles that they should be allowed to do so.

I would however support releasing a very distinguishably different set of horns that are more in line with the old art.
Bringing them back as a separate item sound fair, then both sides will be happy. Personally I don't like when the artists change an item that already exists because well, we bought it because we liked how the old item looked. To me, it would have made more sense to just release the new roundhorns as a new item. :/
Bringing them back as a separate item sound fair, then both sides will be happy. Personally I don't like when the artists change an item that already exists because well, we bought it because we liked how the old item looked. To me, it would have made more sense to just release the new roundhorns as a new item. :/
jCVhFoZ.gif
I don't feel like they warrant being a separate item when they're the same item. The old ones were clunky and sat awkwardly on a lot of breeds. The point of redoing them is to fix this so they can be used on all breeds. Besides, if they did that with one item then users would ask them to do it for every single item the preferred the older version of. No items deserves preferential treatment
I don't feel like they warrant being a separate item when they're the same item. The old ones were clunky and sat awkwardly on a lot of breeds. The point of redoing them is to fix this so they can be used on all breeds. Besides, if they did that with one item then users would ask them to do it for every single item the preferred the older version of. No items deserves preferential treatment
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
There will never be a timeline in which my being, Dirona Somethingorother, does NOT support this, no matter WHAT. Okay. See my Leno? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31896745] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318968/31896745_350.png[/img] [/url] The horns used to match her birdskull feathers, now thay don't, and I'm hthinking of removing them altogether. They changed the COLOR, as well, an they just don't look like ROUNDHORNS. FYI, ACTUAL SHEEP WITH ROUND HORNS: [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/53/fb/f453fbe15efe6874a65df36b6553a44f.jpg[/img]
There will never be a timeline in which my being, Dirona Somethingorother, does NOT support this, no matter WHAT. Okay. See my Leno?

31896745_350.png

The horns used to match her birdskull feathers, now thay don't, and I'm hthinking of removing them altogether. They changed the COLOR, as well, an they just don't look like ROUNDHORNS.

FYI, ACTUAL SHEEP WITH ROUND HORNS:

f453fbe15efe6874a65df36b6553a44f.jpg
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
Support!! when the old roundhorns worked, they Really worked well. i have a few old roundhorn wearers that aren't as great as they were before. when i saw them i was extremely disappointed how tiny they are now. i just prefer the older style over the newer, shinier style. it looks out of place imo. id love a separate set of the older horns.
Support!! when the old roundhorns worked, they Really worked well. i have a few old roundhorn wearers that aren't as great as they were before. when i saw them i was extremely disappointed how tiny they are now. i just prefer the older style over the newer, shinier style. it looks out of place imo. id love a separate set of the older horns.
You update stuff for improvement, what's the point of bringing back the old unimproved stuff because some people don't like the new ones? Even as a new set, it wouldn't make sense. No support.

The staff most likely didn't re-do the roundhorns because they looked unrealistic, they most likely did it because it was clunky compared to the rest of the site's apparel art. Same with the highnoons, they were clunky and out of place. Not because they were "unrealistic".
You update stuff for improvement, what's the point of bringing back the old unimproved stuff because some people don't like the new ones? Even as a new set, it wouldn't make sense. No support.

The staff most likely didn't re-do the roundhorns because they looked unrealistic, they most likely did it because it was clunky compared to the rest of the site's apparel art. Same with the highnoons, they were clunky and out of place. Not because they were "unrealistic".
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
I think making them seperate items would be a very good idea ^^
maybe name the ones with the new artwork "shiny roundhorns" or something?
I think making them seperate items would be a very good idea ^^
maybe name the ones with the new artwork "shiny roundhorns" or something?
VoQGRmF.pngvnSWsnf.pngixMJUSi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15