Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | new rose apparel is less than appealing
I've been noticing (as I've been trying for days to get my hands on any single rose thorn apparel in the marketplace) that some of the items are less than exciting, and poorly modeled on certain dragons in my lair. Let's take the Banner item for example. Hardly visible on female guardians. Looks pointless on female mirrors - and the way the left side of the banner comes up and follows the wing? It doesn't make much sense to me. It just seems like someone said "we need complimentary apparel to the lace apparel items" and someone else was like "I'M ON IT" and 5 minutes later, rose thorn apparel was born. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275277/27527606_350.png?mtime=WSXLiQACjt4[/img] http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275277/27527608_350.png?mtime=WSXLxQAByc4 Thoughts? I only have like 2-3 pieces so I haven't seen everything on every breed yet.
I've been noticing (as I've been trying for days to get my hands on any single rose thorn apparel in the marketplace) that some of the items are less than exciting, and poorly modeled on certain dragons in my lair.

Let's take the Banner item for example. Hardly visible on female guardians. Looks pointless on female mirrors - and the way the left side of the banner comes up and follows the wing? It doesn't make much sense to me. It just seems like someone said "we need complimentary apparel to the lace apparel items" and someone else was like "I'M ON IT" and 5 minutes later, rose thorn apparel was born.
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275277/27527606_350.png?mtime=WSXLiQACjt4[/img]
http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275277/27527608_350.png?mtime=WSXLxQAByc4

Thoughts? I only have like 2-3 pieces so I haven't seen everything on every breed yet.
I'd probably get a few pieces for certain dragons, but im like this for all sets tbh. I really hate the wing armor in the filigree set for example.
I'd probably get a few pieces for certain dragons, but im like this for all sets tbh. I really hate the wing armor in the filigree set for example.
?J1zcN=party.png
Personally, I love it. But I also never use a full set of anything on one dragon. I prefer to mix and match.
Personally, I love it. But I also never use a full set of anything on one dragon. I prefer to mix and match.

OVmZor1.png
I don't expect to like more than maybe 15% of new apparel releases XD They gotta release stuff for all kinds of tastes and styles.

The rose stuff isn't my kinda thing and isn't appropriate for any of my dragons lore-wise, but I like the colours they've chosen (especially that the white set is a treasure set for once) and I'm really impressed they're still coming up with stuff that feels different and new when we already have so much apparel.
I don't expect to like more than maybe 15% of new apparel releases XD They gotta release stuff for all kinds of tastes and styles.

The rose stuff isn't my kinda thing and isn't appropriate for any of my dragons lore-wise, but I like the colours they've chosen (especially that the white set is a treasure set for once) and I'm really impressed they're still coming up with stuff that feels different and new when we already have so much apparel.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Well I mean everyone has different tastes? I wasn't big on the ranger/archer stuff but I loved the lace. The rose thorns are mixed, some are nice but I'm not hip on the color choices.
Love the idea though.

A lot of people on here like these types of items which is why we have so much. I'm sure the artists will release more different options, but they'll do the more popular ideas first.
However it does feel like they take more time for the popular breeds when it comes to how apparel looks.
Well I mean everyone has different tastes? I wasn't big on the ranger/archer stuff but I loved the lace. The rose thorns are mixed, some are nice but I'm not hip on the color choices.
Love the idea though.

A lot of people on here like these types of items which is why we have so much. I'm sure the artists will release more different options, but they'll do the more popular ideas first.
However it does feel like they take more time for the popular breeds when it comes to how apparel looks.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
I'm not big on a lot of the new apparel. You can probably tell what I like from my lair, but I want more scar like and warrior like apparel that isn't as clunky or as vibrant as many of the Samurai sets.
I'm not big on a lot of the new apparel. You can probably tell what I like from my lair, but I want more scar like and warrior like apparel that isn't as clunky or as vibrant as many of the Samurai sets.
uCR5SCW.png
we all have our different preferences, of course.
i love the thorn apparel, however i didn't like the archer that much as it was really weird in my opinion. i like how the colors for the new apparel match well with one another - although theres some color combos that i might have trouble styling with.
one to their own, i guess!
we all have our different preferences, of course.
i love the thorn apparel, however i didn't like the archer that much as it was really weird in my opinion. i like how the colors for the new apparel match well with one another - although theres some color combos that i might have trouble styling with.
one to their own, i guess!
tumblr_ojla8vCHjm1vx6sm0o1_250.png
While I really like the new colours for the rose apparel I didn't like most of the original colour sets. I also really dislike the lace apparel, it just looks like gaudy lingerie (which is why I now have a lingerie model in my lair, wearing the least disliked colour set).
While I really like the new colours for the rose apparel I didn't like most of the original colour sets. I also really dislike the lace apparel, it just looks like gaudy lingerie (which is why I now have a lingerie model in my lair, wearing the least disliked colour set).
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
I'm not a huge fan of the Rose apparel because to me, it's rather limited in theme and would only look good on, like, faerie queen or druid types. Neither of which I have in my lair. Sure, the capes or gloves might look good individually, but most of the set is rosebush-thorn-blossom themed.
I'm not a huge fan of the Rose apparel because to me, it's rather limited in theme and would only look good on, like, faerie queen or druid types. Neither of which I have in my lair. Sure, the capes or gloves might look good individually, but most of the set is rosebush-thorn-blossom themed.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I don't really like the cloth pieces all that much since I don't find it visually interesting enough to bother with, but the tangle pieces are pretty nice. Just look at this guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24347686] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243477/24347686_350.png[/img] [/url]
I don't really like the cloth pieces all that much since I don't find it visually interesting enough to bother with, but the tangle pieces are pretty nice. Just look at this guy:

24347686_350.png
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png