Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | FR TCG?
1 2
I think this would be a great idea so long as most of that money made from the card game went to helping the site itself!

Like I'd LOVE more reasons to support flight rising, give me t-shirts, merchandise, cards! (Even digital ones just something.)

A lot of the time I don't want to purchase gems because most of the onsite goals don't appeal to me, what does however is buying physical stuff.
I think this would be a great idea so long as most of that money made from the card game went to helping the site itself!

Like I'd LOVE more reasons to support flight rising, give me t-shirts, merchandise, cards! (Even digital ones just something.)

A lot of the time I don't want to purchase gems because most of the onsite goals don't appeal to me, what does however is buying physical stuff.
@Varric A long time ago I saw a really cool user who was paying artists real money for flight rising tarot cards. I never saw what ended up happening with the deck but the idea was so neat.

I don't know if tarot cards would work because some people don't really understand their purpose or think that the concept is wrong but I would stillll love to see it. D:
@Varric A long time ago I saw a really cool user who was paying artists real money for flight rising tarot cards. I never saw what ended up happening with the deck but the idea was so neat.

I don't know if tarot cards would work because some people don't really understand their purpose or think that the concept is wrong but I would stillll love to see it. D:
@monako I don't think even user run cards would work, since selling FR images or things based on FR things for real money is strictly prohibited by the site- odds are that the thread got shut down before a sale was made

So unless the site gets rich enough to produce its own cards (which wouldn't make much sense anyway considering the vast amount of gene/color combinations and the ever-expanding familiar numbers) its highly unlikely
@monako I don't think even user run cards would work, since selling FR images or things based on FR things for real money is strictly prohibited by the site- odds are that the thread got shut down before a sale was made

So unless the site gets rich enough to produce its own cards (which wouldn't make much sense anyway considering the vast amount of gene/color combinations and the ever-expanding familiar numbers) its highly unlikely
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon Oh I didn't mean usermade. I just mean I'd like to see the site itself make a good amount of money off of offsite merchandise or have a store. x3

I'm pretty sure you are allowed to make real world money off of flight rising but you can't sell in mass. I think there's a limit of 5 units? It's a bit confusing.

"You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency.

Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs."

And "No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not."

Also the sale didn't get shut down, pretty sure. Because it was online tarot cards not offline and it was for personal use.
@Shinyumbreon Oh I didn't mean usermade. I just mean I'd like to see the site itself make a good amount of money off of offsite merchandise or have a store. x3

I'm pretty sure you are allowed to make real world money off of flight rising but you can't sell in mass. I think there's a limit of 5 units? It's a bit confusing.

"You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency.

Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs."

And "No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not."

Also the sale didn't get shut down, pretty sure. Because it was online tarot cards not offline and it was for personal use.
Before I could say support or no support, I'd need to see a mock-up. So many TCGs that are based on other properties are flimsy and poorly-balanced, and they're basically just cash grabs. I wouldn't want to see FR associated with such a thing.
Before I could say support or no support, I'd need to see a mock-up. So many TCGs that are based on other properties are flimsy and poorly-balanced, and they're basically just cash grabs. I wouldn't want to see FR associated with such a thing.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
personally I would love this, both for a 'real world' version as well as an online version..

One thing they might be able to do, to mitigate costs (potentially) is create a limited 'first run' of the decks, and then potentially contract to a 'print on demand' company so they don't have the physical merchandise sitting around if it isn't popular. When people order a deck (or decks or packs) the cards are printed then and sent off.

one thing that might be interesting to see would be a 'coliseum' based TCG where you have two decks, one of dragons/familiars and one of enemies (even ones not normally found in the coli) and could be based upon that concept of a 'clan' of dragons who must fight in venues like the coliseum has.

Unlike our site coliseum, there could be different features, such as the venue making a difference in stats or whatever, the type of dragon mattering more, familiars helping out and even apparel making a difference.

One nice thing is that, while initially it would take a bit of time to balance it and come up with all the stats and concepts, the artwork is all mostly or completely done (might need some card back artwork and border artwork, but dragon/familiar/apparel/venue art would be already done). Plus, once they finished the initial concept, they would just need to worry about putting out additional packs, which could range from when new coliseum venues come out to when we end a festival year (familiars and apparel could be the basis for a new 'pack') or when enough new familiars/apparel has come out in a particular area.

For the site side TCG, it could be a more traditional based game (I only have a shaky knowledge of TCG rules) or it could be just like the physical one (though one note, while I wouldn't mind a 'Oh I have this card' checklist, I would not want to have to buy physical packs to get virtual ones)
personally I would love this, both for a 'real world' version as well as an online version..

One thing they might be able to do, to mitigate costs (potentially) is create a limited 'first run' of the decks, and then potentially contract to a 'print on demand' company so they don't have the physical merchandise sitting around if it isn't popular. When people order a deck (or decks or packs) the cards are printed then and sent off.

one thing that might be interesting to see would be a 'coliseum' based TCG where you have two decks, one of dragons/familiars and one of enemies (even ones not normally found in the coli) and could be based upon that concept of a 'clan' of dragons who must fight in venues like the coliseum has.

Unlike our site coliseum, there could be different features, such as the venue making a difference in stats or whatever, the type of dragon mattering more, familiars helping out and even apparel making a difference.

One nice thing is that, while initially it would take a bit of time to balance it and come up with all the stats and concepts, the artwork is all mostly or completely done (might need some card back artwork and border artwork, but dragon/familiar/apparel/venue art would be already done). Plus, once they finished the initial concept, they would just need to worry about putting out additional packs, which could range from when new coliseum venues come out to when we end a festival year (familiars and apparel could be the basis for a new 'pack') or when enough new familiars/apparel has come out in a particular area.

For the site side TCG, it could be a more traditional based game (I only have a shaky knowledge of TCG rules) or it could be just like the physical one (though one note, while I wouldn't mind a 'Oh I have this card' checklist, I would not want to have to buy physical packs to get virtual ones)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I agree with the print on demand philosophy brought on by Jemadar. I think that would keep people buying completed decks after they have built up a strong deck. Perhaps dragon cards are base attack and defend cards while familiar cards are played behind a dragon to boost it's stats?
I agree with the print on demand philosophy brought on by Jemadar. I think that would keep people buying completed decks after they have built up a strong deck. Perhaps dragon cards are base attack and defend cards while familiar cards are played behind a dragon to boost it's stats?
1 2