Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of March
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@clarax The second book is out, but the third was supposed to be out in 2011 and still isn't. Before reading The Name of the wind, everyone told me it was amazing, one of the best books ever. I found it to be really bad at first, but as I became less cynical I found myself growing to like it. I'd give it an 8/10 now - still don't think it's the best book ever. I like the idea and the plot, the world, the magic...but the main character bugs me. Without him the plot wouldn't happen, because his flaws and strength drive the plot, but he still bothers me. Not saying I could write the book better, but I just don't think it's the best fantasy book ever, as some people do.
@clarax The second book is out, but the third was supposed to be out in 2011 and still isn't. Before reading The Name of the wind, everyone told me it was amazing, one of the best books ever. I found it to be really bad at first, but as I became less cynical I found myself growing to like it. I'd give it an 8/10 now - still don't think it's the best book ever. I like the idea and the plot, the world, the magic...but the main character bugs me. Without him the plot wouldn't happen, because his flaws and strength drive the plot, but he still bothers me. Not saying I could write the book better, but I just don't think it's the best fantasy book ever, as some people do.
Until you test your wings, you'll never know how far you'll fly or how high you'll soar.
So spread your wings, it's time to fly. Make the leap, own the sky.
You may not know where you're going, and that's okay. As long as you spread your wings, the wind will carry you at least part of the way.
The time though is today.
It's time to fly.
She/Her, 18, INFJ, PST (FRT+0).
@MawkishMuse I'm hesitant to talk about it because it's religious and I don't want to get people upset....despite the fact that I started working on it because of a movie that made me upset.
@MawkishMuse I'm hesitant to talk about it because it's religious and I don't want to get people upset....despite the fact that I started working on it because of a movie that made me upset.
Animated%20Lauren-sm_zpswflpqod1.pngSleeping%20Meroe_zpsgdmhbnxs.gifmaGQFx6.png
@VivaFariy Ooh, yes I remember now having to wait for the third book. I think I read them in the around the summer of 2012. But yes, I know what you mean, the story was a bit difficult to get into at the beginning. And I'm pretty sure I wanted the main character to be a bit more... emotional, I think, it was hard to connect with him, wasn't it? I can't remember exactly. I did like the framing of the story, though, that was neat. :)

I wouldn't call it my favourite fantasy book, but I should reread it again soon! Especially if the third book ever gets released. x)
@VivaFariy Ooh, yes I remember now having to wait for the third book. I think I read them in the around the summer of 2012. But yes, I know what you mean, the story was a bit difficult to get into at the beginning. And I'm pretty sure I wanted the main character to be a bit more... emotional, I think, it was hard to connect with him, wasn't it? I can't remember exactly. I did like the framing of the story, though, that was neat. :)

I wouldn't call it my favourite fantasy book, but I should reread it again soon! Especially if the third book ever gets released. x)
1u3H6jas.png
Hey guys. I know I haven't been around for a bit, but a combination of IRL and computer problems ended up hitting me. IRLs calming down though, and I finished fixing my laptop this morning (YAY!). Thankfully, I saved most of my important files (aka. writing stuff) before that happened.

As for the writing itself, I finally sat down a couple days ago, and started drafting some scenes. I'm not sure if they'll make it into the story proper due to spoilers, but it's helping me to both get a handle on the antagonist's plan, and figure out exactly what's going through the FMC's head.

I might have to rethink some things for this latest draft though, but It's usually better if I work those things out during the writing process. It's just a draft anyway, so doesn't matter if it's inconsistent somewhere (that's what editing's for).

Hopefully everyone else is doing okay...
Hey guys. I know I haven't been around for a bit, but a combination of IRL and computer problems ended up hitting me. IRLs calming down though, and I finished fixing my laptop this morning (YAY!). Thankfully, I saved most of my important files (aka. writing stuff) before that happened.

As for the writing itself, I finally sat down a couple days ago, and started drafting some scenes. I'm not sure if they'll make it into the story proper due to spoilers, but it's helping me to both get a handle on the antagonist's plan, and figure out exactly what's going through the FMC's head.

I might have to rethink some things for this latest draft though, but It's usually better if I work those things out during the writing process. It's just a draft anyway, so doesn't matter if it's inconsistent somewhere (that's what editing's for).

Hopefully everyone else is doing okay...
ebpsI1h.png
Meet Beacon, on the exalt block for her Jungle tert. I rescued her about a month ago and here she is now. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7336287] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/73363/7336287_350.png[/img] [/url] And Koyomi came home! (Anyone who remembers me mentioning him in February will remember my little upset about him being bounced out of being a Windie mentor, through a bunch of other Flights and looking like he might become exalt bait.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29151430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291515/29151430_350.png[/img] [/url] And I officially passed my Comprehensive Exam for my Master's degree on Tuesday.
Meet Beacon, on the exalt block for her Jungle tert. I rescued her about a month ago and here she is now.

7336287_350.png

And Koyomi came home! (Anyone who remembers me mentioning him in February will remember my little upset about him being bounced out of being a Windie mentor, through a bunch of other Flights and looking like he might become exalt bait.)

29151430_350.png

And I officially passed my Comprehensive Exam for my Master's degree on Tuesday.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@micahjaguar

Busy as usual, and every time I swear I'm going to keep up with this thread, but I never do it XP
Oh well, I'll keep trying!

I'm still working on some new one act plays, very exciting stuff *nods*. I'm also fiddling with short story writing as well, which is fun, but I don't really have anything solid yet.

I love lace, but my biggest FR project right now is still getting back to Wind! I'm trying to save up gems and some fellow Windies have been very generous in trying to help me raise enough to buy a flight change (as I don't really want to buy gems with real money), so I can't let them down! It's a slow, but sure process, hopefully. I'm considering either renting out or outright selling one of my fully equipped lvl 25's, but I wouldn't know how much to charge for that XP

I will say though that I've started to read "Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep?" (AKA "Bladerunner", though the name is used nowhere in the book, and was an admittedly awesome film only addition) by Philip K. can't-say-his-last-name-here-because-it's-a-swear-in-modern-vernacular. It's an interesting read thus far!
@micahjaguar

Busy as usual, and every time I swear I'm going to keep up with this thread, but I never do it XP
Oh well, I'll keep trying!

I'm still working on some new one act plays, very exciting stuff *nods*. I'm also fiddling with short story writing as well, which is fun, but I don't really have anything solid yet.

I love lace, but my biggest FR project right now is still getting back to Wind! I'm trying to save up gems and some fellow Windies have been very generous in trying to help me raise enough to buy a flight change (as I don't really want to buy gems with real money), so I can't let them down! It's a slow, but sure process, hopefully. I'm considering either renting out or outright selling one of my fully equipped lvl 25's, but I wouldn't know how much to charge for that XP

I will say though that I've started to read "Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep?" (AKA "Bladerunner", though the name is used nowhere in the book, and was an admittedly awesome film only addition) by Philip K. can't-say-his-last-name-here-because-it's-a-swear-in-modern-vernacular. It's an interesting read thus far!
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
Hello.

No lace for me yet unfortunately. Broke IRL though because bills.
Hello.

No lace for me yet unfortunately. Broke IRL though because bills.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@SadariEvenstar
It sounds great! ;v; Hope all goes well, and that everyone travels safely.

@Merahunt
Wow! What a handsome Fae! I see the new Trickmurk items are getting a good use ^^

@Rexcaliburr
The longer the plot, the more work that's been completed :) Sounds like a story with a lot of progress under it's belt! I like the sound of it so far, especially the main character's parentage. I'd be curious enough to read more :)

@WitchyWriter
If you want to have a place to talk about it, I'm up for private messages ^-^ I don't mind religious matters at all, especially not those different from mine. But either way, good luck on working with it! Sounds like it'll be good catharsis, if the movie that started it was an issue.

@ Everyone else
Ahh, everybody's accomplishments sound great so far! ;v; Good luck to everyone with IRL problems, and I appear to already be slipping off this forum XD March is starting off pretty busy.
@SadariEvenstar
It sounds great! ;v; Hope all goes well, and that everyone travels safely.

@Merahunt
Wow! What a handsome Fae! I see the new Trickmurk items are getting a good use ^^

@Rexcaliburr
The longer the plot, the more work that's been completed :) Sounds like a story with a lot of progress under it's belt! I like the sound of it so far, especially the main character's parentage. I'd be curious enough to read more :)

@WitchyWriter
If you want to have a place to talk about it, I'm up for private messages ^-^ I don't mind religious matters at all, especially not those different from mine. But either way, good luck on working with it! Sounds like it'll be good catharsis, if the movie that started it was an issue.

@ Everyone else
Ahh, everybody's accomplishments sound great so far! ;v; Good luck to everyone with IRL problems, and I appear to already be slipping off this forum XD March is starting off pretty busy.
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

I shall have to go and read what everyone has posted when I am feeling more awake. Only managed to get through the first couple of posts, but looked through them all at all the lace dragons. So gorgeous! I have two that I am planning on giving lace to, but it could be awhile. @BlackWinter One can never have too many male skydancers. *glances at page 3 of my lair* Three of them are not skydancers, but they will be eventually. Your two new boys are wonderful! I love their accents. As for prompts, maybe we could do something where someone chooses a prompt or two every once in awhile. Finding good prompts to work with got me back into writing stuff other than RP posts. 'Leaving the door open' was a fun prompt, and so was 'An important meeting'. My friend and I created a new OC each when our RP site was down. I've been wanting a peryton character for awhile so finally got the chance to make one, and of course immediately had to get a dragon for that character. Although I don't really care for the information that is out there on perytons so working on creating my own lore for them, which is pretty fun. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24740277] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/247403/24740277_350.png[/img] [/url]
I shall have to go and read what everyone has posted when I am feeling more awake. Only managed to get through the first couple of posts, but looked through them all at all the lace dragons. So gorgeous! I have two that I am planning on giving lace to, but it could be awhile.

@BlackWinter
One can never have too many male skydancers. *glances at page 3 of my lair* Three of them are not skydancers, but they will be eventually.
Your two new boys are wonderful! I love their accents.
As for prompts, maybe we could do something where someone chooses a prompt or two every once in awhile. Finding good prompts to work with got me back into writing stuff other than RP posts. 'Leaving the door open' was a fun prompt, and so was 'An important meeting'.

My friend and I created a new OC each when our RP site was down. I've been wanting a peryton character for awhile so finally got the chance to make one, and of course immediately had to get a dragon for that character. Although I don't really care for the information that is out there on perytons so working on creating my own lore for them, which is pretty fun.

24740277_350.png
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
@micahjaguar
may I be put on the pinglist?
@micahjaguar
may I be put on the pinglist?
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16