Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favorite books?
1 2 3 4 5 6
This is a hard question, I enjoy most of the books I read.

I really enjoy the well envisioned magic system of the Black Prism series by Brent Weeks (I think)

But I think my favourites should be the only ones I've ever re-read, which would be the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David Weddings, most of the works of Terry Pratchett, and the Redwall books by Brian Jacques
This is a hard question, I enjoy most of the books I read.

I really enjoy the well envisioned magic system of the Black Prism series by Brent Weeks (I think)

But I think my favourites should be the only ones I've ever re-read, which would be the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David Weddings, most of the works of Terry Pratchett, and the Redwall books by Brian Jacques
@FlareonBear
pinging myself to find this thread later
hope you find what you're looking for, op!!
@FlareonBear
pinging myself to find this thread later
hope you find what you're looking for, op!!
@Myeengun
Sorry I didn't see that anyone else had suggested it. So glad it still has a following. As for the Malloreon I did indeed read and enjoy it, though I admit it did take me awhile to get beyond the beginning and how it felt a bit like it was messing with the "happy ending" the Belgariad had set up so perfectly.
There are also two others, Polgara the Sorceress and Belgarath the Sorcerer which are co-authored by his wife (whom he states actually co-authored everything and he wasn't sure why he never gave her credit). They are, in my estimation, even slower because they don't have a ramp-up first book to work with and therefore are that first book. They are both however worthwhile as well.
Honestly, for all the good writing of the Malloreon, my favorite part of the whole series is Velvet, and more specifically how well she manipulates the scoundrel Silk.
@Myeengun
Sorry I didn't see that anyone else had suggested it. So glad it still has a following. As for the Malloreon I did indeed read and enjoy it, though I admit it did take me awhile to get beyond the beginning and how it felt a bit like it was messing with the "happy ending" the Belgariad had set up so perfectly.
There are also two others, Polgara the Sorceress and Belgarath the Sorcerer which are co-authored by his wife (whom he states actually co-authored everything and he wasn't sure why he never gave her credit). They are, in my estimation, even slower because they don't have a ramp-up first book to work with and therefore are that first book. They are both however worthwhile as well.
Honestly, for all the good writing of the Malloreon, my favorite part of the whole series is Velvet, and more specifically how well she manipulates the scoundrel Silk.
By Miirshroom
726.Pots500.Rinkhart_zpsdbcggjt0.png
By Macabre & Vendrus
XHxgasI.gif
@plenilune
Idk what biographies you like. But I like the abuse ones. So here's my suggestions

The street kid Judy west water
Scarred Sophie andrews

There are so many good ones. I brought broken to read so can't wait for that
@plenilune
Idk what biographies you like. But I like the abuse ones. So here's my suggestions

The street kid Judy west water
Scarred Sophie andrews

There are so many good ones. I brought broken to read so can't wait for that
jfLmvwf.jpg
Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion
Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion
faxrqz.jpg
@Plenilune

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater is gorgeous. She also wrote The Scorpio Races. Oh, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott is pretty good too (first one is called The Alchemyst).
@Plenilune

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater is gorgeous. She also wrote The Scorpio Races. Oh, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott is pretty good too (first one is called The Alchemyst).
I personally like the Shadowfell trilogy, it was pretty good
I personally like the Shadowfell trilogy, it was pretty good
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. The characters are all so well written and the plot is perfect and everything about it is amazing
Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. The characters are all so well written and the plot is perfect and everything about it is amazing
IMG_8704.png
Harry Potter
The last dragon series
The erth dragons
Harry Potter
The last dragon series
The erth dragons
ah2m9U3.pngfal_150x150_1_100x100.png
[quote name="Aesalon" date=2017-01-23 17:38:24] Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. The characters are all so well written and the plot is perfect and everything about it is amazing [/quote] Preach. Leigh Bardugo's writing has it all, and the plot is so beautifully [i]real.[/i] Would also suggest All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr because I can't get over it. The start may seem a bit boring but it'll eventually swallow you (in the good way!)
Aesalon wrote on 2017-01-23:
Preach. Leigh Bardugo's writing has it all, and the plot is so beautifully real.

Would also suggest All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr because I can't get over it. The start may seem a bit boring but it'll eventually swallow you (in the good way!)
.- -. -.. | - .... .. ... | .- -. -.. | - .... .. ...
( T H I S | A N D | T H I S | A N D | T H I S )
S1RYPFw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6