Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favorite books?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Plenilune

Read warriors, it's great, and you could also read spirit animals. I do read many more series, but most of them were mentioned.
@Plenilune

Read warriors, it's great, and you could also read spirit animals. I do read many more series, but most of them were mentioned.
[quote name="stormbringer02" date=2017-01-19 19:28:23] Game Of Thrones? [/quote] Seconding A Song Of Ice And Fire, I'm reading them at the moment and they're pretty good
stormbringer02 wrote on 2017-01-19:
Game Of Thrones?

Seconding A Song Of Ice And Fire, I'm reading them at the moment and they're pretty good
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
I went with sentimentality and nostalgia so I picked the first four Sailor Moon manga since I could get more bang for my buck plus wanted to reread them since they'd been retranslated in a much more faithful way.

Your suggestions have been noted and I will keep many of them mind whenever I am next looking to buy some books
I went with sentimentality and nostalgia so I picked the first four Sailor Moon manga since I could get more bang for my buck plus wanted to reread them since they'd been retranslated in a much more faithful way.

Your suggestions have been noted and I will keep many of them mind whenever I am next looking to buy some books
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
A personal favorite of mine is the Swindle series, but that's a little odd. It's more of a guilty pleasure than anything.

If you're looking for a good fantasy book, might I recommend Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke? It's about a dragon trying to find a place for his clan to live. The book usually comes with a printed map of the world, so you can keep track of the plot. It's really fun, and the best part is it takes place in modern times but isn't in a modern setting for the most part. Highly recommend it.
A personal favorite of mine is the Swindle series, but that's a little odd. It's more of a guilty pleasure than anything.

If you're looking for a good fantasy book, might I recommend Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke? It's about a dragon trying to find a place for his clan to live. The book usually comes with a printed map of the world, so you can keep track of the plot. It's really fun, and the best part is it takes place in modern times but isn't in a modern setting for the most part. Highly recommend it.
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo3_250.png
House Of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski is my favorite book. I know I know but like, flip through it and tell me what you see doesn't pique your interest. It's even better than it looks.
House Of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski is my favorite book. I know I know but like, flip through it and tell me what you see doesn't pique your interest. It's even better than it looks.
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
Warriors! I'm sorry, Im trash honestly

Lets see here...

The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

It's a series, I believe all the books are out now and it's concluded but alas a VERY good book series

Asylum- by Madeleine Roux - It sounds more like a horror book then it really is, more mystery and drama if anything. Rather well written and a good book. There are three of them, I have not finnished the third but I belive it is the final instalment

The mortal instraments series- Very good series, It's a good series but some points in the books drag a little IMO, But very good none the less

Just a few, I have a lot more books but I wanted to sugest some of the more recent one's
Warriors! I'm sorry, Im trash honestly

Lets see here...

The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

It's a series, I believe all the books are out now and it's concluded but alas a VERY good book series

Asylum- by Madeleine Roux - It sounds more like a horror book then it really is, more mystery and drama if anything. Rather well written and a good book. There are three of them, I have not finnished the third but I belive it is the final instalment

The mortal instraments series- Very good series, It's a good series but some points in the books drag a little IMO, But very good none the less

Just a few, I have a lot more books but I wanted to sugest some of the more recent one's
~Kweh Kweh Wark~1H+FR~ Mc4YmuQ.png
@Plenilune
Did sombody ask for books?! Sorry not sorry for the long list.

Patrick Rothfuss: (One of my favorite authors of all time.)
The Kingkiller Chronicle
Name of the Wind
Wise Man’s Fear
The Slow Regard of Silent Things (A mini stand-alone story about one of the favourite secondary characters in the world. So beautifully written it will take your breath away)

Sarah Douglas:
The Axis Trilogy
Battleaxe
Enchanter
Starman
The Wayfarer Redemption Trilogy (Sequel to the above)
Sinner
Pilgrim
Crusader

Elizabeth Haydon:
The Symphony of Ages Trilogy
Rhapsody: Child of Blood
Prophecy: Child of Earth
Destiny: Child of the Sky

Philip Pullman:
His Dark Materials Trilogy
The Golden Compass (This is one of the few books where it is better to watch the movie first)
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass

Terry Pratchett:
The Diskworld Series
There are tons. Reading them in order doesn’t matter too much.

Neil Gaiman
Read anything of his. It is all amazing. I cannot begin to describe how much I love this author.

Guy Gavriel Kay: (All of his books are amazing and pretty much stand-alone but every one of them has subtle ties back to his first work which is listed below)
The Fionavar Tapastry
The Summer Tree
The Wandering Fire
The Darkest Road

Cecilia Dart-Thornton:
The Bitterbynde Trilogy (A hidden gem of a series that not many people have herd of.)
The Ill-Made Mute
The Lady of the Sorrows
The Battle of Evernight

David Mitchell:
Cloud Atlas
(This is a fantastic book and the movie is amazing. It definitely is better to read the book first. There is a lot of pieces that intertwine and you can understand the subtleties in the movie better.)

If you like supernatural fiction with a smidge of romance (Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, Demons etc…):

Kim Harrisson: (Great story, good mystery, super funny)
Hollows Series
Dead Witch Walking
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
Every Which Way But Dead
... etc...

Karen Marie Moning: (READ THIS!!!)
The Fever Series
Darkfever
Bloodfever
Faefever
Dreamfever
Shadowfever

I have not read many mangas but Naussica of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki is one of my all time favourites.
@Plenilune
Did sombody ask for books?! Sorry not sorry for the long list.

Patrick Rothfuss: (One of my favorite authors of all time.)
The Kingkiller Chronicle
Name of the Wind
Wise Man’s Fear
The Slow Regard of Silent Things (A mini stand-alone story about one of the favourite secondary characters in the world. So beautifully written it will take your breath away)

Sarah Douglas:
The Axis Trilogy
Battleaxe
Enchanter
Starman
The Wayfarer Redemption Trilogy (Sequel to the above)
Sinner
Pilgrim
Crusader

Elizabeth Haydon:
The Symphony of Ages Trilogy
Rhapsody: Child of Blood
Prophecy: Child of Earth
Destiny: Child of the Sky

Philip Pullman:
His Dark Materials Trilogy
The Golden Compass (This is one of the few books where it is better to watch the movie first)
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass

Terry Pratchett:
The Diskworld Series
There are tons. Reading them in order doesn’t matter too much.

Neil Gaiman
Read anything of his. It is all amazing. I cannot begin to describe how much I love this author.

Guy Gavriel Kay: (All of his books are amazing and pretty much stand-alone but every one of them has subtle ties back to his first work which is listed below)
The Fionavar Tapastry
The Summer Tree
The Wandering Fire
The Darkest Road

Cecilia Dart-Thornton:
The Bitterbynde Trilogy (A hidden gem of a series that not many people have herd of.)
The Ill-Made Mute
The Lady of the Sorrows
The Battle of Evernight

David Mitchell:
Cloud Atlas
(This is a fantastic book and the movie is amazing. It definitely is better to read the book first. There is a lot of pieces that intertwine and you can understand the subtleties in the movie better.)

If you like supernatural fiction with a smidge of romance (Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, Demons etc…):

Kim Harrisson: (Great story, good mystery, super funny)
Hollows Series
Dead Witch Walking
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
Every Which Way But Dead
... etc...

Karen Marie Moning: (READ THIS!!!)
The Fever Series
Darkfever
Bloodfever
Faefever
Dreamfever
Shadowfever

I have not read many mangas but Naussica of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki is one of my all time favourites.
7zcCDc4.png
I would mention Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman but I'd be pretty redundant at this point.

Some names I do not often see however are:

David Eddings. I grew up to my father reading me the Belgariad series to me and it is still one of my favorites for it's wit and excellent pacing and imagery.

E.E. 'Doc' Smith. "The father of space opera," his books predate just about any science fiction of its class. I can vouch for his Lensman series as being quite detailed and imaginative, even groundbreaking.

Patrick F. McManus. For when you want to laugh at the realities of such things as camping. He has no series per se, but any book with his name on it is practically guaranteed to leave you rolling on the floor.
I would mention Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman but I'd be pretty redundant at this point.

Some names I do not often see however are:

David Eddings. I grew up to my father reading me the Belgariad series to me and it is still one of my favorites for it's wit and excellent pacing and imagery.

E.E. 'Doc' Smith. "The father of space opera," his books predate just about any science fiction of its class. I can vouch for his Lensman series as being quite detailed and imaginative, even groundbreaking.

Patrick F. McManus. For when you want to laugh at the realities of such things as camping. He has no series per se, but any book with his name on it is practically guaranteed to leave you rolling on the floor.
By Miirshroom
726.Pots500.Rinkhart_zpsdbcggjt0.png
By Macabre & Vendrus
XHxgasI.gif
HARRY POTTER, PERCY JACKSON, THE HOBBIT AND HAMILTON THE REVOLOUTION
@Plenilune
HARRY POTTER, PERCY JACKSON, THE HOBBIT AND HAMILTON THE REVOLOUTION
@Plenilune
EMBRACE YOUR INNER PINEAPPLE
@Rinkhart
Hey, I suggested the Belgariad too! Have you checked out its sequel series, the Malloreon? It's one of the few times I've liked a sequel series as much as I've liked the original series. (Book one of the Malloreon is really slow, but book three is probably my favorite of the cumulative David Eddings that I have read.)
@Rinkhart
Hey, I suggested the Belgariad too! Have you checked out its sequel series, the Malloreon? It's one of the few times I've liked a sequel series as much as I've liked the original series. (Book one of the Malloreon is really slow, but book three is probably my favorite of the cumulative David Eddings that I have read.)
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6