Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of January
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
@lilacsandfreedom I wanted to lurk and feed dragons, but I kinda lost touch with everything... whoops.

@SadariEvenstar What a pretty bab! Oh gosh!

@micahjaguar MICAH MICAH MICAH MICAH -is glomped-

@LadyRowyn Unfortunately my novel backup is pre-major changes. I had a lot that I changed once I figured out a MAJOR plot hole, and now I have to remember where to put those changes back in. Whoopsie.

On another note, on top of my full time and part time jobs, I just signed up for school part time. Ahahaha. I'm starting to feel like an overachiever again.

And I'm off to go nap again. I seem to have come down with a cold from the depths of hell itself, and my "nap" turned into "sixteen hours of unconsciousness" and my SO made fun of my snoring. >.>
@lilacsandfreedom I wanted to lurk and feed dragons, but I kinda lost touch with everything... whoops.

@SadariEvenstar What a pretty bab! Oh gosh!

@micahjaguar MICAH MICAH MICAH MICAH -is glomped-

@LadyRowyn Unfortunately my novel backup is pre-major changes. I had a lot that I changed once I figured out a MAJOR plot hole, and now I have to remember where to put those changes back in. Whoopsie.

On another note, on top of my full time and part time jobs, I just signed up for school part time. Ahahaha. I'm starting to feel like an overachiever again.

And I'm off to go nap again. I seem to have come down with a cold from the depths of hell itself, and my "nap" turned into "sixteen hours of unconsciousness" and my SO made fun of my snoring. >.>
windflight_zpsd8c8bf0c.png
@LadyRowyn

Oh I know there is no good way to show off the long lineage, but I did complete my one dragon and found it a lot of fun! that family echo make sit simple to put in dragon info - I am trying to write up a bit of instruction to make it simple and easy. There is a link on my dragon MahatDraGhanDi that takes you to the site that has the ancestry traced. I do have Family Tree software and it would be so much easier to be able to link up everything, but not sure that would be possible on something like ancestry.com.

Anyway, it IS a project, but fun, so I will keep doing it and will start building up a prize to be awarded to anyone who can topple my dragon as highest ranking. :-) Plus, always someone willing to do things for treasure and items and gold, right? (sweating and hoping)
@LadyRowyn

Oh I know there is no good way to show off the long lineage, but I did complete my one dragon and found it a lot of fun! that family echo make sit simple to put in dragon info - I am trying to write up a bit of instruction to make it simple and easy. There is a link on my dragon MahatDraGhanDi that takes you to the site that has the ancestry traced. I do have Family Tree software and it would be so much easier to be able to link up everything, but not sure that would be possible on something like ancestry.com.

Anyway, it IS a project, but fun, so I will keep doing it and will start building up a prize to be awarded to anyone who can topple my dragon as highest ranking. :-) Plus, always someone willing to do things for treasure and items and gold, right? (sweating and hoping)
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@micahjaguar:

A crow stealing a bag of lollies from a kid being a brat.

That's the story at its most basic.

It was a challenge to write, especially with the self-imposed stipulation all the birds had to be Australian natives.
@micahjaguar:

A crow stealing a bag of lollies from a kid being a brat.

That's the story at its most basic.

It was a challenge to write, especially with the self-imposed stipulation all the birds had to be Australian natives.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@micahjaguar It's mostly finish what I've started. I have a few more 'prompts' I need to write out and post and three gift stories
@micahjaguar It's mostly finish what I've started. I have a few more 'prompts' I need to write out and post and three gift stories
axOkNaR.png
ZNhRsiG.png
@micahjaguar

Happy New year! Thanks, I hope I get better soon too.

@LadyRowyn

Happy New year! I've always had difficulties with writing multi chapters. I can write short stories and one shots pretty well, but when I move to a multi chapter project, it dies pretty quickly. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I can't plan worth crap and I've to rehaul key elements in my story several times over haha. I've had this idea for about 4-5 years now. I really do want to write it, but any time I try to even plan it I get massive writers block.
@micahjaguar

Happy New year! Thanks, I hope I get better soon too.

@LadyRowyn

Happy New year! I've always had difficulties with writing multi chapters. I can write short stories and one shots pretty well, but when I move to a multi chapter project, it dies pretty quickly. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I can't plan worth crap and I've to rehaul key elements in my story several times over haha. I've had this idea for about 4-5 years now. I really do want to write it, but any time I try to even plan it I get massive writers block.
hANn2C0.gif
@merihunt
that is what I do too with multi chapters
@merihunt
that is what I do too with multi chapters
@xxsnowyxxx Research is tough. :/ I write all fantasy worlds so I can avoid research. (And even that doesn't really get me out of it!)

@CrypticGirl I make myself exalt dragons occasionally so that I will have room for new ones! Young dragons deserve lair space too.

@LilacsandFreedom Being a traveller doesn't mean you have no allegiances! Or that you don't have conflicting ones, for that matter. O:)

@SadariEvenstar *sneaks in an grabs baby metallic fae*

@pookasaur Eeeee noooooo. D: I hope reconstructing the changes isn't too arduous. Also, get well soon! *wraps you in warm blankets*

@paintminion *wishes you luck with project* I admit, having a way to show it that was pretty would make me a lot more inclined to do it. I like fictitious family trees!

@MeraHunt Ooh, yeah, it's a lot harder to just make a novel up as you go along. I've done it before, but on the whole I prefer having a plan going in.

@the13inquisitor *giggles at synopsis*
@xxsnowyxxx Research is tough. :/ I write all fantasy worlds so I can avoid research. (And even that doesn't really get me out of it!)

@CrypticGirl I make myself exalt dragons occasionally so that I will have room for new ones! Young dragons deserve lair space too.

@LilacsandFreedom Being a traveller doesn't mean you have no allegiances! Or that you don't have conflicting ones, for that matter. O:)

@SadariEvenstar *sneaks in an grabs baby metallic fae*

@pookasaur Eeeee noooooo. D: I hope reconstructing the changes isn't too arduous. Also, get well soon! *wraps you in warm blankets*

@paintminion *wishes you luck with project* I admit, having a way to show it that was pretty would make me a lot more inclined to do it. I like fictitious family trees!

@MeraHunt Ooh, yeah, it's a lot harder to just make a novel up as you go along. I've done it before, but on the whole I prefer having a plan going in.

@the13inquisitor *giggles at synopsis*
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
*Creeps up from my dark hole*

Greeeeeetings.

Okay, I'll stop being weird. Dunno who the heckie any of you guys are, never talked to any of you guys either. But, since I adore writing I might as well shove myself out here and stop being shy, heh heh.
So, since I'm lazy and didn't read pretty much any of you guys' posts up above, how are all of you guys' writing projects going?

I'm super excited because I've finally come up with a good new plot for my main book project, and I'm happy to share only a few details if anyone is curious. c:
*Creeps up from my dark hole*

Greeeeeetings.

Okay, I'll stop being weird. Dunno who the heckie any of you guys are, never talked to any of you guys either. But, since I adore writing I might as well shove myself out here and stop being shy, heh heh.
So, since I'm lazy and didn't read pretty much any of you guys' posts up above, how are all of you guys' writing projects going?

I'm super excited because I've finally come up with a good new plot for my main book project, and I'm happy to share only a few details if anyone is curious. c:
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
cool can you tell me a few details. My project is going slowly because school gets in the way
cool can you tell me a few details. My project is going slowly because school gets in the way
@lalalanmao Ahh, that's annoying. Hate it when school gets in the way, tho I'm homeschooled so its easier to write more. xD I usually prefer to get up really early in the morning, that way its quiet and a good time to write. x)

Anyways, what's your project about/what's the genre?
Mine is fantasy, and I'm adding in a bit of technology to my own made up world as part of the plot. So its kinda like, the whole realm has been living in a medieval type of world, but after a while a king rose and his son and a few other people started making things called technology. Such things like electricity and the norm, except for cars or other modes of transports/no guns.

So the next king, who is also going to be a main character, tries to stop them because the new ideas of cars and guns plus other stuff upsets the people. He instead has to go into hiding because the engineers try to kill him.

Then we have our main character, named Lotus, who's mother knows of two items that can supposedly stop the engineers. A man from the castle courts tried to create a magical spell to stop the engineers, but it backfired. These two items are known to be able to stop the engineers, made from that man himself.

Sorry its sorta vague, but I'm still plotting it and I don't wanna give too much away. XD
@lalalanmao Ahh, that's annoying. Hate it when school gets in the way, tho I'm homeschooled so its easier to write more. xD I usually prefer to get up really early in the morning, that way its quiet and a good time to write. x)

Anyways, what's your project about/what's the genre?
Mine is fantasy, and I'm adding in a bit of technology to my own made up world as part of the plot. So its kinda like, the whole realm has been living in a medieval type of world, but after a while a king rose and his son and a few other people started making things called technology. Such things like electricity and the norm, except for cars or other modes of transports/no guns.

So the next king, who is also going to be a main character, tries to stop them because the new ideas of cars and guns plus other stuff upsets the people. He instead has to go into hiding because the engineers try to kill him.

Then we have our main character, named Lotus, who's mother knows of two items that can supposedly stop the engineers. A man from the castle courts tried to create a magical spell to stop the engineers, but it backfired. These two items are known to be able to stop the engineers, made from that man himself.

Sorry its sorta vague, but I'm still plotting it and I don't wanna give too much away. XD
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15