Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of January
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
@SadariEvenstar
I really really need to do a proper lair purge.
@SadariEvenstar
I really really need to do a proper lair purge.
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@benalene I just recently started purging a little bit, but I get so sentimental about dragons. Plus I fill the spaces right back up as soon as I empty them. I think I need a few more to go but I don't even know where to start.
@benalene I just recently started purging a little bit, but I get so sentimental about dragons. Plus I fill the spaces right back up as soon as I empty them. I think I need a few more to go but I don't even know where to start.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
... I hatched my other two eggs. The girl I kind of like: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29948676] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299487/29948676_350.png[/img] [/url] The boy could have been so good, but that tert.... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29948684] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299487/29948684_350.png[/img] [/url] If anyone wants the boy, let me know, otherwise I'll probably just send him on to the Windsinger.
... I hatched my other two eggs.

The girl I kind of like:

29948676_350.png

The boy could have been so good, but that tert....

29948684_350.png

If anyone wants the boy, let me know, otherwise I'll probably just send him on to the Windsinger.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
@SadariEvenstar
I am also realizing just how many of my dragons have come from your lair alone.....

Also, Nora is one of the most beautiful dragons I've ever seen. She needs a bio!

That boy looks amazing with Stained....
@SadariEvenstar
I am also realizing just how many of my dragons have come from your lair alone.....

Also, Nora is one of the most beautiful dragons I've ever seen. She needs a bio!

That boy looks amazing with Stained....
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@morningskye14 I am slowly editing a fantasy novel I finished writing over 10 years ago, about a man trying to redeem his bartered soul. Edits are maybe 30% done, I dunno, I've published three novels and I still don't know how to tell how close to done I am with edits. I am also, somewhat less slowly, drafting a kink erotica novel. I donkt know what I'm going to do with that when I finish it. It's about 60% done, though. How're your projects going? @CrypticGirl They made it to 25 undefeated? Eeek. That's a lot more coli dedication than I've ever had. My dragons are all about getting in over their heads and losing horribly on occasion. :D Congrats to your team! @LilacsandFreedom See all the potential there? You should do something with the Battle of the Bay stuff. ... I should probably do something writing-wise with it myself. I filled up my lair with hatchlings to train and exalt this week. I have no idea if I'm going to get to them all or end up reselling them. "Filling my lair with exaltees" is a LOT of dragons these days. o_o;; @benalene Yay, a prompt! For a dragon I even knew what I wanted to write about! ... it's kink again. Not explicit, though! I love how your skydancer is plotting to get your lair to have more babies. Hee! I feel like she should come visit my lair this week, it's swimming in strange hatchlings. I am going to resist the skydancer girl. I have enough skydancers with dark bodies and orange wings. <_< @Adventure I find drawing tarot cards and using them as inspiration is surprisingly effective for generating plot.Just think about what kind of future the cards would indicate for the setting and hat would happen and there, instant plot. Admitedly, I don't do this with novels. With novels, I usually have specific things I want to accomplish and know what the story will be like because it's what the characters want to accomplish. But I've written a bunch of short stories that way. @SadariEvenstar I hear you about lair purges. I just got down to 5 pages of permadragons finally over NoN, and now I'm back up to 5 and a half already. Sigh. @VioletWhirlwind I price all my dragons at 15,000 just so they're highly unlikely to be bought to be exalted. -_- Congrats on getting a good price for your bogsneak girl! * [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29354454] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/293545/29354454_350.png[/img] [/url] Here's Masterson's bio! Note: contains talk about BDSM. Nothing explicit, though. Now I need a new dragon picked from my lair to write about! Anyone got a prompt for me?
@morningskye14 I am slowly editing a fantasy novel I finished writing over 10 years ago, about a man trying to redeem his bartered soul. Edits are maybe 30% done, I dunno, I've published three novels and I still don't know how to tell how close to done I am with edits.

I am also, somewhat less slowly, drafting a kink erotica novel. I donkt know what I'm going to do with that when I finish it. It's about 60% done, though. How're your projects going?

@CrypticGirl They made it to 25 undefeated? Eeek. That's a lot more coli dedication than I've ever had. My dragons are all about getting in over their heads and losing horribly on occasion. :D Congrats to your team!

@LilacsandFreedom See all the potential there? You should do something with the Battle of the Bay stuff.

... I should probably do something writing-wise with it myself. I filled up my lair with hatchlings to train and exalt this week. I have no idea if I'm going to get to them all or end up reselling them. "Filling my lair with exaltees" is a LOT of dragons these days. o_o;;

@benalene Yay, a prompt! For a dragon I even knew what I wanted to write about!

... it's kink again. Not explicit, though!

I love how your skydancer is plotting to get your lair to have more babies. Hee! I feel like she should come visit my lair this week, it's swimming in strange hatchlings.

I am going to resist the skydancer girl. I have enough skydancers with dark bodies and orange wings. <_<

@Adventure I find drawing tarot cards and using them as inspiration is surprisingly effective for generating plot.Just think about what kind of future the cards would indicate for the setting and hat would happen and there, instant plot.

Admitedly, I don't do this with novels. With novels, I usually have specific things I want to accomplish and know what the story will be like because it's what the characters want to accomplish. But I've written a bunch of short stories that way.

@SadariEvenstar I hear you about lair purges. I just got down to 5 pages of permadragons finally over NoN, and now I'm back up to 5 and a half already. Sigh.

@VioletWhirlwind I price all my dragons at 15,000 just so they're highly unlikely to be bought to be exalted. -_-

Congrats on getting a good price for your bogsneak girl!

29354454_350.png

Here's Masterson's bio! Note: contains talk about BDSM. Nothing explicit, though.

Now I need a new dragon picked from my lair to write about! Anyone got a prompt for me?
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn Ooh, cool! That sounds cool, good luck with editing. xD That's my least favorite part once you've finished a book, heh. I honestly used to want to publish and be an author, but I've changed career ideas so now it's more of a passion. ^.^ That's really cool you're publish, tho!
How long ago did your books publish, and did you do by yourself or find a company?
@LadyRowyn Ooh, cool! That sounds cool, good luck with editing. xD That's my least favorite part once you've finished a book, heh. I honestly used to want to publish and be an author, but I've changed career ideas so now it's more of a passion. ^.^ That's really cool you're publish, tho!
How long ago did your books publish, and did you do by yourself or find a company?
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@morningskye14 I self-published my first book in June 2015, and have published two more since. They've done all right for self-pub: sold a couple thousand copies across the three of them. Made enough money for me to qualify for SFWA and Author's Guild membership, so that was cool. It is not enough money to qualify as a career, though. :D

My latest release is in my signature, and I'm currently serializing it at ladyrowyn.com/TME .

What's your career plan now? Do you just write for fun and don't want to publish any more?
@morningskye14 I self-published my first book in June 2015, and have published two more since. They've done all right for self-pub: sold a couple thousand copies across the three of them. Made enough money for me to qualify for SFWA and Author's Guild membership, so that was cool. It is not enough money to qualify as a career, though. :D

My latest release is in my signature, and I'm currently serializing it at ladyrowyn.com/TME .

What's your career plan now? Do you just write for fun and don't want to publish any more?
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn That's so cool! I'll have to look at that link later, don't have time tonight because I know I'll get absorbed and stay up late. xD That's great you've sold so many, looks like you have some fans! x) Hopefully you'll be really successful in your work (though you seem like you already are)!

Oh, I dunno if you believe in anything religious... but I'm Christian and recently in the last year or two I've been wanting to become a missionary. c: I wanna go somewhere that's not the US, and have been thinking about Costa Rica but I'm not sure, honestly.

I still plan on making my own book, I just won't ever publish it. ^.^
@LadyRowyn That's so cool! I'll have to look at that link later, don't have time tonight because I know I'll get absorbed and stay up late. xD That's great you've sold so many, looks like you have some fans! x) Hopefully you'll be really successful in your work (though you seem like you already are)!

Oh, I dunno if you believe in anything religious... but I'm Christian and recently in the last year or two I've been wanting to become a missionary. c: I wanna go somewhere that's not the US, and have been thinking about Costa Rica but I'm not sure, honestly.

I still plan on making my own book, I just won't ever publish it. ^.^
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
I've been working on updating my dragons' lore. I've got the first half of the first page done, both on their FR pages and Lorebrary pages. Maybe this'll make it easier for people to keep up with them?

Yeah, I do both, because I figure that some people don't want to click to an off site just to read dragon lore. But the wikia pages do have the advantage of keeping the lore for dragons no longer in the lair. But I'm gonna do my active dragons before doing my departed dragons...
I've been working on updating my dragons' lore. I've got the first half of the first page done, both on their FR pages and Lorebrary pages. Maybe this'll make it easier for people to keep up with them?

Yeah, I do both, because I figure that some people don't want to click to an off site just to read dragon lore. But the wikia pages do have the advantage of keeping the lore for dragons no longer in the lair. But I'm gonna do my active dragons before doing my departed dragons...
@crypitgirl
cool
@crypitgirl
cool
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15