Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird childhood stories.
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 55
I once burnt a pencil in the microwave. It made sense at the time.
The pencil was one of those heat-sensitive color-changing pencils, and I knew that putting the pencil in the freezer darkened it, so I decided to see if I could lighten the whole thing by putting it in the microwave.
Needless to say, there was a lot of smoke.
I still consider the experiment a success.

I also got the police called on me when I was outside at a park in the evening wearing a cloak. They realized that I was just playing/being weird and let me go.
It was strange. I like wearing cloaks.
I once burnt a pencil in the microwave. It made sense at the time.
The pencil was one of those heat-sensitive color-changing pencils, and I knew that putting the pencil in the freezer darkened it, so I decided to see if I could lighten the whole thing by putting it in the microwave.
Needless to say, there was a lot of smoke.
I still consider the experiment a success.

I also got the police called on me when I was outside at a park in the evening wearing a cloak. They realized that I was just playing/being weird and let me go.
It was strange. I like wearing cloaks.
vojnGCQ.png
My high school had two girls' changing rooms opposite each other just off the science corridor, kind of like an H shape, where the left side was the science corridor, the bar across lead past the female PE teachers' offices and each half of the right side lead to a changing room.

When I had just started (I'm from the UK, so I was 11) I was getting changed after the shower when I realised I'd left my clothes in the opposite changing room (don't ask how) and as I was dashing across to get them the senior rugby team (all 17-18 year old guys) walked past and laughed at me and then instead of just letting me grab my stuff the rugby coach stood and lectured me about not running round the school in just a towel. >.<
My high school had two girls' changing rooms opposite each other just off the science corridor, kind of like an H shape, where the left side was the science corridor, the bar across lead past the female PE teachers' offices and each half of the right side lead to a changing room.

When I had just started (I'm from the UK, so I was 11) I was getting changed after the shower when I realised I'd left my clothes in the opposite changing room (don't ask how) and as I was dashing across to get them the senior rugby team (all 17-18 year old guys) walked past and laughed at me and then instead of just letting me grab my stuff the rugby coach stood and lectured me about not running round the school in just a towel. >.<
8NMuwb6.jpg
Oh boy:
(horrifying warning for first one)
This one time I was poisoned when I was like six by cleaning products(not my fault in the slightest), didnt go to the hospital, could barely talk or move, and had an out of body experience and just barely forced myself to say for someone to smell the water they were force-feeding me because I had I mild cold beforehand and they just kept making me drink it. To this day I cant drink carbonated drinks because it stings my tongue similarly and I sniff everything before I drink it and also hate Poland Springs because they never gave us anything for that and it was their fault. :V

That time in first grade when a substitute teacher was yelling and screaming at us for being hungry because she continued the lesson into our scheduled eating time, and I was feeling mutinous so I wrote a note to myself to not forget what she did(I have memory problems relating to events that trigger a adrenaline response) and she found it and made me have a 2 day detention(inside during recess while doing a packet on how you are always supposed to obey adults even when they are Evil always and apologizing in letters and stuff) for calling her out. I wrote the fakest lie-through-your-teeth letter ever and she decided to 'forgive me'' while I have never forgotten how she screamed and marked up the board and threated everyone into silence because like two kids politely asked when we could have our food because it was more than 15 mins past our snack mandate.

I got jumped to first grade because im hyperlexic and they got tired of telling me not to spell words correctly (yes you heard me right, they wanted me to be bad at spelling) and because I was 'doing to well' I got scolded and was pushed up a grade against everyone's wishes because Reading and Writing (and science but not as much I just liked that best) were the only things I was good at so I struggled in everything else ever since.

That one time I tried to keep salamanders in the house in a terrarium and one escaped and I wasnt allowed to bring animals in the house anymore.

When I was a tiny child I arranged moths that were chilling on the shutters on the step by color and pattern. They were very soft.

The hilariously complex multiverse daydream fanfic world I had. Complete with a mary sue and way more crossovers than is wise.

Theres probably more but I dont remember most of my childhood except very few snippet (mostly vaguely horrifying) events whoops
Oh boy:
(horrifying warning for first one)
This one time I was poisoned when I was like six by cleaning products(not my fault in the slightest), didnt go to the hospital, could barely talk or move, and had an out of body experience and just barely forced myself to say for someone to smell the water they were force-feeding me because I had I mild cold beforehand and they just kept making me drink it. To this day I cant drink carbonated drinks because it stings my tongue similarly and I sniff everything before I drink it and also hate Poland Springs because they never gave us anything for that and it was their fault. :V

That time in first grade when a substitute teacher was yelling and screaming at us for being hungry because she continued the lesson into our scheduled eating time, and I was feeling mutinous so I wrote a note to myself to not forget what she did(I have memory problems relating to events that trigger a adrenaline response) and she found it and made me have a 2 day detention(inside during recess while doing a packet on how you are always supposed to obey adults even when they are Evil always and apologizing in letters and stuff) for calling her out. I wrote the fakest lie-through-your-teeth letter ever and she decided to 'forgive me'' while I have never forgotten how she screamed and marked up the board and threated everyone into silence because like two kids politely asked when we could have our food because it was more than 15 mins past our snack mandate.

I got jumped to first grade because im hyperlexic and they got tired of telling me not to spell words correctly (yes you heard me right, they wanted me to be bad at spelling) and because I was 'doing to well' I got scolded and was pushed up a grade against everyone's wishes because Reading and Writing (and science but not as much I just liked that best) were the only things I was good at so I struggled in everything else ever since.

That one time I tried to keep salamanders in the house in a terrarium and one escaped and I wasnt allowed to bring animals in the house anymore.

When I was a tiny child I arranged moths that were chilling on the shutters on the step by color and pattern. They were very soft.

The hilariously complex multiverse daydream fanfic world I had. Complete with a mary sue and way more crossovers than is wise.

Theres probably more but I dont remember most of my childhood except very few snippet (mostly vaguely horrifying) events whoops
±
They/Them | FrT +3
tumblr_inline_og1428X8wh1so6t4z_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_og141lJTzb1so6t4z_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_og1428X8wh1so6t4z_75sq.png
[quote name="@Inka" date=2015-12-30 17:22:41] In third grade I would threaten people with the safety pin that I kept around my beltloop, and there was this one boy who would rip up paper and sprinkle it on my hair, so one day he had a handful of shredded paper and asked: do you want this in your hair? Then I pulled out my safety pin and asked:do you want this in your face? [/quote] Savage
@Inka wrote on 2015-12-30:
In third grade I would threaten people with the safety pin that I kept around my beltloop, and there was this one boy who would rip up paper and sprinkle it on my hair, so one day he had a handful of shredded paper and asked: do you want this in your hair?
Then I pulled out my safety pin and asked:do you want this in your face?
Savage
Once, I was with my friend.

It was near to bedtime.

We were having a sleep-over.

And what do we do even though it makes no sense?

We fluff up the pillows.

By...

Jumping on them...

Keep in mind, we both think alike and I just went with it.

I'm less than a year older than her.

Well, I did have a FR Adventure Mode dream.

Same night as I heard her parents playing harry potter music to her.

Also...

Me: *lying in bed with my mum while at Sabrean(You'll never find out her real name! Ahhaha!) house* Mum, how do you get a blister? (I'm in the UK.)
Once, I was with my friend.

It was near to bedtime.

We were having a sleep-over.

And what do we do even though it makes no sense?

We fluff up the pillows.

By...

Jumping on them...

Keep in mind, we both think alike and I just went with it.

I'm less than a year older than her.

Well, I did have a FR Adventure Mode dream.

Same night as I heard her parents playing harry potter music to her.

Also...

Me: *lying in bed with my mum while at Sabrean(You'll never find out her real name! Ahhaha!) house* Mum, how do you get a blister? (I'm in the UK.)
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
[quote name="Kaixin" date=2016-08-18 09:21:32] I spent a large amount of my life (like, 80% of it) thinking that everyone had colored words and numbers etc. I didn't know it wasn't normal until I was 12. I remember my mother asking why I never said anything about having colored words/numbers/etc. My answer was that I thought everyone did it and since that nobody asked, I never said anything :^) [/quote] I had a similar experience except with my social anxiety. I remember how it happened too, lol. Basically I was at a Bat Mitzfa with one of my school buds (I've come to nickname her Heyzana, don't ask why) who is[b] the biggest [/b]social butterfly I've ever met. So she's out there running around, talking, pulling me onto the dance floor, ordering drinks (nothing alcoholic, just soda 'n stuff since we where 12 at the time) and food, meanwhile I'm scrambling for the corner/place to hide. Finally, I asked her. "How do you do it? How do you hide that you're scared so well?" In which she replied "What do you mean?" "Every time you have to talk to someone, you get scared right? "No. Do you?" "Yeah. Doesn't everyone?" "No. Thats really stupid." And then I had one of those moments. Y'know, those moments that you can only describe with a picture. A moment like [img]http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_680/krabs_rag3do.jpg[/img]
Kaixin wrote on 2016-08-18:
I spent a large amount of my life (like, 80% of it) thinking that everyone had colored words and numbers etc. I didn't know it wasn't normal until I was 12. I remember my mother asking why I never said anything about having colored words/numbers/etc. My answer was that I thought everyone did it and since that nobody asked, I never said anything :^)
I had a similar experience except with my social anxiety. I remember how it happened too, lol.

Basically I was at a Bat Mitzfa with one of my school buds (I've come to nickname her Heyzana, don't ask why) who is the biggest social butterfly I've ever met. So she's out there running around, talking, pulling me onto the dance floor, ordering drinks (nothing alcoholic, just soda 'n stuff since we where 12 at the time) and food, meanwhile I'm scrambling for the corner/place to hide.

Finally, I asked her. "How do you do it? How do you hide that you're scared so well?"
In which she replied "What do you mean?"
"Every time you have to talk to someone, you get scared right?
"No. Do you?"
"Yeah. Doesn't everyone?"
"No. Thats really stupid."

And then I had one of those moments. Y'know, those moments that you can only describe with a picture. A moment like krabs_rag3do.jpg
@flashoflight
You have to check out this thread - it is hilarious!!!
@flashoflight
You have to check out this thread - it is hilarious!!!
Oh my goodness, I spent like three days reading this entire thread, it is hilarious - I was laughing so hard you have no idea...

Anyways, I have a few I would like to share.

#1: Once, when I was around 6/7, me and my cousin (we'll call him C) were in my Mimi's backyard, doing whatever our little selves did at the time. Well, we were doing whatever (I can't remember what) and he stops and tells me that "Did you know that if you let mosquitos drink your blood you'll live longer?" Well, guess what? Gullible me believed him. I was like "Really?" All amazed at this supposed fact. Then a mosquito lands on my arm and starts to dink my blood. I had to mentally fight myself to not slap it. Eventually it flies away, I look at C all proud, and he's just staring at me. I was really gullible as a child. (I probably still am... <D )

#2: Back when we had just gotten our cats, my little brother (let's call him B) would try to pet them. Since he was really little at the time, he must've done something to them, because they would run away whenever they saw him. He would still want to pet them, however, and usually ended up pulling their tails in his eagerness to stop them from running away. Which naturally made them want to run away, et cetera. Well, I had the brilliant idea that I would teach B how to be nice to the cats. I would take him into my room and coach him on how to hold them and how to pet them. And I actually think it worked, because he gets along fine with the cats today! :D

#3: I don't remember this at all, but my mother brings it up often enough that I have it memorized. <) Well, when I was a baby/toddler, Mom would take me shopping. Well, I would easily get bored, unless... I was allowed to eat blueberries. So my Mom would buy a box of blueberries, and by the time she was done shopping, the box would be empty. I always ate them all. The next day, my poo would be blue. 0-0

I am sure I have more, but this is already super long and my brain is a temporary blank, soo... Enjoy!
Oh my goodness, I spent like three days reading this entire thread, it is hilarious - I was laughing so hard you have no idea...

Anyways, I have a few I would like to share.

#1: Once, when I was around 6/7, me and my cousin (we'll call him C) were in my Mimi's backyard, doing whatever our little selves did at the time. Well, we were doing whatever (I can't remember what) and he stops and tells me that "Did you know that if you let mosquitos drink your blood you'll live longer?" Well, guess what? Gullible me believed him. I was like "Really?" All amazed at this supposed fact. Then a mosquito lands on my arm and starts to dink my blood. I had to mentally fight myself to not slap it. Eventually it flies away, I look at C all proud, and he's just staring at me. I was really gullible as a child. (I probably still am... <D )

#2: Back when we had just gotten our cats, my little brother (let's call him B) would try to pet them. Since he was really little at the time, he must've done something to them, because they would run away whenever they saw him. He would still want to pet them, however, and usually ended up pulling their tails in his eagerness to stop them from running away. Which naturally made them want to run away, et cetera. Well, I had the brilliant idea that I would teach B how to be nice to the cats. I would take him into my room and coach him on how to hold them and how to pet them. And I actually think it worked, because he gets along fine with the cats today! :D

#3: I don't remember this at all, but my mother brings it up often enough that I have it memorized. <) Well, when I was a baby/toddler, Mom would take me shopping. Well, I would easily get bored, unless... I was allowed to eat blueberries. So my Mom would buy a box of blueberries, and by the time she was done shopping, the box would be empty. I always ate them all. The next day, my poo would be blue. 0-0

I am sure I have more, but this is already super long and my brain is a temporary blank, soo... Enjoy!
In third Grade all of the girls in my class were obsessed with the warrior books. At recess we would pretend we were Thunderclan and would play on the playground like it was our den. Eventually the boys in our class heard about it. We told them about the books because none of them had read them. They starting to play as well, as their own clan. The only thing they did was attack our clan though, and we never got to do anything else but defend our territory. When we fought we would basically just slash the air in front of us repeatedly. When our teacher heard about it she banned it cause it was 'violent'. The boys didn't care but we got mad that they had gotten our game banned. So we kept playing it except we called it cats. It ended up working out cause we didn't have to just fight all the time.
In third Grade all of the girls in my class were obsessed with the warrior books. At recess we would pretend we were Thunderclan and would play on the playground like it was our den. Eventually the boys in our class heard about it. We told them about the books because none of them had read them. They starting to play as well, as their own clan. The only thing they did was attack our clan though, and we never got to do anything else but defend our territory. When we fought we would basically just slash the air in front of us repeatedly. When our teacher heard about it she banned it cause it was 'violent'. The boys didn't care but we got mad that they had gotten our game banned. So we kept playing it except we called it cats. It ended up working out cause we didn't have to just fight all the time.
pJngKR5.jpg
| Jade |
| She/Her |
| INTJ |
^
^
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 55