Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird childhood stories.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54 55
@favplusle
I think so! (I had to look it up :p)
Though it grew along the ground rather then upright? So if it does that then that's the one,
@favplusle
I think so! (I had to look it up :p)
Though it grew along the ground rather then upright? So if it does that then that's the one,
tumblr_mf3v4tusJ01rx0mui.png
QTN1n.gifCyUhS.gifXd74X.giffc50S.gifBabs need pokes! Doot doot doot doot!!
I read through all 43 pages of this thread and laughed at every one. I have so many stories I'm putting them in a separate post.
I read through all 43 pages of this thread and laughed at every one. I have so many stories I'm putting them in a separate post.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
In approximate chronological order:
  • When I was 2, I apparently jumped out of a shopping cart in Walmart for some reason. I hit my head on the floor and could have died. I still have a lump of misshapenly healed bone and/or scar tissue visible on my forehead.
  • When I was very young in a day care, everyone but me had an imaginary friend and spent recesses talking about them and playing with them. I wasn't really into that then, but I made one up anyway to join them. It was an anthropomorphic pink poodle and didn't last very long.
  • The book "Dragonology" probably kick-started my dragon enthusiasm and temporarily convinced me that dragons were real. After getting it, I would always buy those polished-stone eggs from rock shops and such because I thought (or maybe just pretended) they were dragon eggs. When we took a field trip to a place that included the ruins of some old buildings, a teacher convinced me that a dragon lived in this caged-off area under one of them. I spent the rest of the trip wanting to get a closer look.
  • I once watched a thunderstorm out the window past my bedtime trying to see Zapdos because its Pokedex data said that's when you could see it.
  • In second and third grade, I became obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes, so I spent every recess, trip to a park, etc. pretending to be either a self-insert version of Spaceman Spiff or whatever dinosaur had caught my fancy in the last book I read.
  • Every kid at the school I went to at the time liked playing on the snow hills at recess. I tried to play with some other girls, but unfortunately the activity we did was finding "proof" that a boy in our class was "actually a girl" because his favorite color was pink and things like that. I feel kind of awful about that now, because that probably hurt him…
  • In 4th grade, a girl I sometimes sat with at lunch who wasn't in my class somehow convinced me that she was a vampire, and offered to turn me into one too. The "blood" she said I had to drink was fruit punch.
  • In 5th grade, I became obsessed with the Warriors series and created the weirdest fanfiction universe ever for it. I didn't know anyone else into it (every girl in my class then had Bieber fever, and I didn't want to talk to boys) so I made the mistake of playing it with my brother, who knew even less about the setting than I did. The result was so complicatedly bizarre that I should share it in a separate thread. It eventually spawned a less crazy, but still hilariously over-the-top, "reboot."
  • I met my best friend in 6th grade when I needed a lunch spot, and she looked lonely as well. We bonded by talking about my current book obsession, Animorphs. She proceeded to spoil the end of the series. We're going to be juniors and we're still best friends.
  • When I was 13, I developed a crush on a certain character from a certain show that has succeeded Warriors as my fandom obsession, and proceeded to do all kinds of cringey stereotypical tween crush things. I printed a picture of him off the Internet and slept with it under my pillow for over a year. I think my mom found this and told my dad, which led to…
  • My dad sitting me down in the living room for a lecture about "staying away from bad boys." This character begins the series as a villain (an anti-villain, but still), but has a (fantastically done) redemption arc and ends the series a pure-hearted hero. My parents were afraid that I had been drawn to his former state, when the latter state of him is infinitely more attractive and adorable. So I had to explain to my dad that no, I had a crush on this character because he has a cute personality deep down. That was the most awkward moment of my life.
I'm sure there are more.
In approximate chronological order:
  • When I was 2, I apparently jumped out of a shopping cart in Walmart for some reason. I hit my head on the floor and could have died. I still have a lump of misshapenly healed bone and/or scar tissue visible on my forehead.
  • When I was very young in a day care, everyone but me had an imaginary friend and spent recesses talking about them and playing with them. I wasn't really into that then, but I made one up anyway to join them. It was an anthropomorphic pink poodle and didn't last very long.
  • The book "Dragonology" probably kick-started my dragon enthusiasm and temporarily convinced me that dragons were real. After getting it, I would always buy those polished-stone eggs from rock shops and such because I thought (or maybe just pretended) they were dragon eggs. When we took a field trip to a place that included the ruins of some old buildings, a teacher convinced me that a dragon lived in this caged-off area under one of them. I spent the rest of the trip wanting to get a closer look.
  • I once watched a thunderstorm out the window past my bedtime trying to see Zapdos because its Pokedex data said that's when you could see it.
  • In second and third grade, I became obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes, so I spent every recess, trip to a park, etc. pretending to be either a self-insert version of Spaceman Spiff or whatever dinosaur had caught my fancy in the last book I read.
  • Every kid at the school I went to at the time liked playing on the snow hills at recess. I tried to play with some other girls, but unfortunately the activity we did was finding "proof" that a boy in our class was "actually a girl" because his favorite color was pink and things like that. I feel kind of awful about that now, because that probably hurt him…
  • In 4th grade, a girl I sometimes sat with at lunch who wasn't in my class somehow convinced me that she was a vampire, and offered to turn me into one too. The "blood" she said I had to drink was fruit punch.
  • In 5th grade, I became obsessed with the Warriors series and created the weirdest fanfiction universe ever for it. I didn't know anyone else into it (every girl in my class then had Bieber fever, and I didn't want to talk to boys) so I made the mistake of playing it with my brother, who knew even less about the setting than I did. The result was so complicatedly bizarre that I should share it in a separate thread. It eventually spawned a less crazy, but still hilariously over-the-top, "reboot."
  • I met my best friend in 6th grade when I needed a lunch spot, and she looked lonely as well. We bonded by talking about my current book obsession, Animorphs. She proceeded to spoil the end of the series. We're going to be juniors and we're still best friends.
  • When I was 13, I developed a crush on a certain character from a certain show that has succeeded Warriors as my fandom obsession, and proceeded to do all kinds of cringey stereotypical tween crush things. I printed a picture of him off the Internet and slept with it under my pillow for over a year. I think my mom found this and told my dad, which led to…
  • My dad sitting me down in the living room for a lecture about "staying away from bad boys." This character begins the series as a villain (an anti-villain, but still), but has a (fantastically done) redemption arc and ends the series a pure-hearted hero. My parents were afraid that I had been drawn to his former state, when the latter state of him is infinitely more attractive and adorable. So I had to explain to my dad that no, I had a crush on this character because he has a cute personality deep down. That was the most awkward moment of my life.
I'm sure there are more.
@BattleATrueHero

Was it Zuko? Because he really is hot. (Pun intended, lol.)

For my story, when I was about 6 I decided to cut my own hair. I was wearing pigtails and walked in to the bathroom, took the scissors, and cut one off. I then put the hair in a ziploc baggy. My mom had to fix it by giving me a really short hair style, lol.
@BattleATrueHero

For my story, when I was about 6 I decided to cut my own hair. I was wearing pigtails and walked in to the bathroom, took the scissors, and cut one off. I then put the hair in a ziploc baggy. My mom had to fix it by giving me a really short hair style, lol.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
Oh my goodness these are all pretty funny! I guess I might as well share mine:

- When I was four, I almost died. I was at a playground on the equipment climbing some sort of thing... The boy in front of me wouldn't move despite me asking him to move. I was literally pleading with him, please move, because I was going to lose my balance. He never moved. I lost my balance and fell almost ten feet? I'm not sure how true all this is because I don't remember it that much... I do remember my parents rushing me to the hospital, though.
- In second grade, I went around during recess collecting garbage and throwing it away...
- In third grade, I got into some really weird books. Goosebumps, Animorphs, et cetera...
- Also in third grade, after seeing HtTYD in theaters my friend and I ran around during recess flapping our arms and pretending to be dragons... I was a Deadly Nadder.
- In fourth grade I was obsessed with the Warriors series... My friends were also into it. We made up our own 'Clan and pretended to be warrior cats during recess...

- When I was four, I almost died. I was at a playground on the equipment climbing some sort of thing... The boy in front of me wouldn't move despite me asking him to move. I was literally pleading with him, please move, because I was going to lose my balance. He never moved. I lost my balance and fell almost ten feet? I'm not sure how true all this is because I don't remember it that much... I do remember my parents rushing me to the hospital, though.
- In second grade, I went around during recess collecting garbage and throwing it away...
- In third grade, I got into some really weird books. Goosebumps, Animorphs, et cetera...
- Also in third grade, after seeing HtTYD in theaters my friend and I ran around during recess flapping our arms and pretending to be dragons... I was a Deadly Nadder.
- In fourth grade I was obsessed with the Warriors series... My friends were also into it. We made up our own 'Clan and pretended to be warrior cats during recess...
19260.png16490.png aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

taking art comms! :-)
[quote name="TheHeroicOne" date=2016-08-12 11:17:54] @BattleATrueHero Was it Zuko? Because he really is hot. (Pun intended, lol.) For my story, when I was about 6 I decided to cut my own hair. I was wearing pigtails and walked in to the bathroom, took the scissors, and cut one off. I then put the hair in a ziploc baggy. My mom had to fix it by giving me a really short hair style, lol. [/quote] …yes, it was. -.-"
TheHeroicOne wrote on 2016-08-12:
@BattleATrueHero

…yes, it was. -.-"
[quote name="Sylkaen" date=2016-08-12 11:28:37] Oh my goodness these are all pretty funny! I guess I might as well share mine: - When I was four, I almost died. I was at a playground on the equipment climbing some sort of thing... The boy in front of me wouldn't move despite me asking him to move. I was literally pleading with him, please move, because I was going to lose my balance. He never moved. I lost my balance and fell almost ten feet? I'm not sure how true all this is because I don't remember it that much... I do remember my parents rushing me to the hospital, though. - In second grade, I went around during recess collecting garbage and throwing it away... - In third grade, I got into some really weird books. Goosebumps, Animorphs, et cetera... - Also in third grade, after seeing HtTYD in theaters my friend and I ran around during recess flapping our arms and pretending to be dragons... I was a Deadly Nadder. - In fourth grade I was obsessed with the Warriors series... My friends were also into it. We made up our own 'Clan and pretended to be warrior cats during recess... [/quote] You were so lucky to have friends into it.
Sylkaen wrote on 2016-08-12:

You were so lucky to have friends into it.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1947788

I posted details on the ridiculous Warriors fan universe here.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1947788

I posted details on the ridiculous Warriors fan universe here.
Oh yeah. In fifth/sixth grade, when my friend and I went to Walmart to do stuff, we got so abysmally bored that we came up with "what if Voldemort was Monkey?" Basically weirder than what if coatl. So then we wrote an entire PLAY with cut scenes and everything based off it. (Inspiration shamelessly taken from Potter Puppet Pals.) Then we did end up making paper cutout puppets and put on puppet shows for our siblings.
God I can't look at Script (that's actually what we named the dang thing) without laughing. I can't. XD
Oh yeah. In fifth/sixth grade, when my friend and I went to Walmart to do stuff, we got so abysmally bored that we came up with "what if Voldemort was Monkey?" Basically weirder than what if coatl. So then we wrote an entire PLAY with cut scenes and everything based off it. (Inspiration shamelessly taken from Potter Puppet Pals.) Then we did end up making paper cutout puppets and put on puppet shows for our siblings.
God I can't look at Script (that's actually what we named the dang thing) without laughing. I can't. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
That sounds hilarious.

I actively avoided eating pineapple for about a decade because a daycare teacher told me that it would "give me a bad tummy ache." I must have missed the part where she said "…if you eat too much." Now it's probably my favorite fruit.
That sounds hilarious.

I actively avoided eating pineapple for about a decade because a daycare teacher told me that it would "give me a bad tummy ache." I must have missed the part where she said "…if you eat too much." Now it's probably my favorite fruit.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54 55