Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 262 263 264 265 266 ... 592 593
Hmm, ok, so there might be a problem... I can see some ads on the sidebar and bottom of the page even though I have adblock turned on. They only just appeared today and adblock seems to be working properly... The ads are for "Hive Works" which seems perfectly safe, but is an ad nonetheless. Is this something that slipped through somehow or did FR make some updates that bypass adblock or something? O.o
Hmm, ok, so there might be a problem... I can see some ads on the sidebar and bottom of the page even though I have adblock turned on. They only just appeared today and adblock seems to be working properly... The ads are for "Hive Works" which seems perfectly safe, but is an ad nonetheless. Is this something that slipped through somehow or did FR make some updates that bypass adblock or something? O.o
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="WolfTears" date=2016-07-12 14:12:27] Hmm, ok, so there might be a problem... I can see some ads on the sidebar and bottom of the page even though I have adblock turned on. They only just appeared today and adblock seems to be working properly... The ads are for "Hive Works" which seems perfectly safe, but is an ad nonetheless. Is this something that slipped through somehow or did FR make some updates that bypass adblock or something? O.o [/quote] [font=century gothic]@WolfTears Same here, using uBlock (too many viruses get through ads, sorry!). The link on the 'ads' is unsecure and is blocked on Chrome. I'm guessing it's replaced the background image of the 'Aw, you're using an ad-blocker :(', simply with an added link?
WolfTears wrote on 2016-07-12:

@WolfTears Same here, using uBlock (too many viruses get through ads, sorry!). The link on the 'ads' is unsecure and is blocked on Chrome.

I'm guessing it's replaced the background image of the 'Aw, you're using an ad-blocker :(', simply with an added link?
@DuskSpark

I'm using Firefox. And no, it shows the ad clearly.
@DuskSpark

I'm using Firefox. And no, it shows the ad clearly.
I am also seeing Hiveworks ads when using an adblocker (Goodblock), but only then. I am currently blocking ads because there is an ad for the app Mobile Strike which is displaying outside the usual advertisement locations. Without adblock, the Mobile Strike ad creates a banner across the bottom of the screen on every fr page I load and re-displays itself about a minute after it is closed. There are also ads for this game in the usual locations but the banner is very disruptive.
I am also seeing Hiveworks ads when using an adblocker (Goodblock), but only then. I am currently blocking ads because there is an ad for the app Mobile Strike which is displaying outside the usual advertisement locations. Without adblock, the Mobile Strike ad creates a banner across the bottom of the screen on every fr page I load and re-displays itself about a minute after it is closed. There are also ads for this game in the usual locations but the banner is very disruptive.
Hn7RVKF.png
they/them pronouns
Also seeing Hiveworks despite my adblocker. I think Hiveworks are the company that provide FR's ads? Ignoring the ads for now as they seem pretty much harmless & I'm too tired to deal with them. Will probably manually add them to my blocker tomorrow though.

A note for whichever staff member put these here: If your users are using an adblock, it's because they don't want ads. Putting in one that doesn't get caught by blockers is just a bit sneaky, and actually BLOCKS your "please don't use adblock" message. So now there's not really an ad there, AND no notice that I need to turn off adblock (if I were a new player, I wouldn't even know there should be adverts there). Seriously, unless the Hiveworks ads make you profit somehow, consider removing them.
Also seeing Hiveworks despite my adblocker. I think Hiveworks are the company that provide FR's ads? Ignoring the ads for now as they seem pretty much harmless & I'm too tired to deal with them. Will probably manually add them to my blocker tomorrow though.

A note for whichever staff member put these here: If your users are using an adblock, it's because they don't want ads. Putting in one that doesn't get caught by blockers is just a bit sneaky, and actually BLOCKS your "please don't use adblock" message. So now there's not really an ad there, AND no notice that I need to turn off adblock (if I were a new player, I wouldn't even know there should be adverts there). Seriously, unless the Hiveworks ads make you profit somehow, consider removing them.
the hiveworks ads are very disruptive. at first i thought i had a virus on my computer (i use adblock), but then i remembered that hiveworks hosts the ads on here.
i tried using 'block element' but it apparently didn't work. the images reappear after i refresh the pages :/
i hope it's just something temporary.
the hiveworks ads are very disruptive. at first i thought i had a virus on my computer (i use adblock), but then i remembered that hiveworks hosts the ads on here.
i tried using 'block element' but it apparently didn't work. the images reappear after i refresh the pages :/
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png my name's flynn, he/him or they/them.

B6ve782.gif
[quote name="Determination" date=2016-07-12 15:01:45] the hiveworks ads are very disruptive. at first i thought i had a virus on my computer (i use adblock), but then i remembered that hiveworks hosts the ads on here. i tried using 'block element' but it apparently didn't work. the images reappear after i refresh the pages :/ i hope it's just something temporary. [/quote] Rightclick image > Adblock Plus block image > add filter, blocks it fine for me. Not that I should need to do that as it shouldn't have bypassed it in the first place.
Determination wrote on 2016-07-12:

Rightclick image > Adblock Plus block image > add filter, blocks it fine for me. Not that I should need to do that as it shouldn't have bypassed it in the first place.
@WolfTears Ahh, I meant the linked page when clicking the ad (unless that is working on Firefox?) The Hiveworks thing is still showing there unless manually blocked with the adblocker.

@Determination It might be because of the www and www1 domains? I had to block the ads on both domains for it to work, though I have had issues in the past with ads taking a few refreshes to fully go away with different blockers.
@WolfTears Ahh, I meant the linked page when clicking the ad (unless that is working on Firefox?) The Hiveworks thing is still showing there unless manually blocked with the adblocker.

@Determination It might be because of the www and www1 domains? I had to block the ads on both domains for it to work, though I have had issues in the past with ads taking a few refreshes to fully go away with different blockers.
I'm getting the Hiveworks problem too. I use adblock because I DO NOT want to risk getting any computer-breaking viruses.
I'm getting the Hiveworks problem too. I use adblock because I DO NOT want to risk getting any computer-breaking viruses.
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
Not sure if FR did something or if adblock just decided to work properly, but problem seems to be fixed. (for now) *shrugs*
Not sure if FR did something or if adblock just decided to work properly, but problem seems to be fixed. (for now) *shrugs*
1 2 ... 262 263 264 265 266 ... 592 593