Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593
im so glad this wasnt just me tbh
im so glad this wasnt just me tbh

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
udnr2stnif0dt4h7-13862.gif
Ah ha! I have found out where these stupid banner adds you guys have been seeing are coming from,

something called "Aidata . io" (Without the spaces, I had to add them in there to prevent it from becoming a link) My Little snitch software caught it trying to make a connection earlier today (I had already blocked it from making any sort of connection to my laptop) and it seems to be coming from somewhere in Hühner-Berg, Germany.

Just thought you guys would want to know.
Ah ha! I have found out where these stupid banner adds you guys have been seeing are coming from,

something called "Aidata . io" (Without the spaces, I had to add them in there to prevent it from becoming a link) My Little snitch software caught it trying to make a connection earlier today (I had already blocked it from making any sort of connection to my laptop) and it seems to be coming from somewhere in Hühner-Berg, Germany.

Just thought you guys would want to know.
Everything living has to die
But to die you need not apply
We'll find you
When your time's through
Take a number, wait in line
Live your life and we'll be right behind you - REST EMPLOYED - The Stupendium 08/14/2020
(REST EMPLOYED)
I am not experiencing these problems since I use uBlock (nothing against FR, I just like to keep viruses off my computer), however....my son had the same problem on his computer recently. After visiting a minecraft modding site that had some sneaky ads that got around his outdated blacklists, he started getting these ads. The other thing that happened was that after updating, his Chrome automatically had site notifications turned on for some reason. These two things were what caused him to get notification ads.

The issue was there was an ad that automatically turned on site notifications from a few different ad servers. Despite not actually visiting these sites, he was getting popup notifications from them. Some of them were the same as people have reported, like the fake "Update McAfee" ads. What I had to do was go into his browser settings and under advanced settings 1. turn off all site notifications and 2. block site notifications from those specific ad sites that his browser had given permission to.

This doesn't solve the entire problem for the devs (They have to find the ad's source), however for anybody who has this problem, go into your advanced browser settings, site settings, and turn your notifications either to OFF (if you don't care about getting them elsewhere) or to "ASK FIRST" and then block any site you don't recognize on the list. Here's some links if you need actual step-by-step instructions for this:

Tutorial for turning off notifications in Chrome desktop

Turning off notifications in Chrome mobile

Turning off notifications in Opera (scroll down towards the bottom of the page)

Turning off Notifications in Microsoft Edge

If this does not help, let me know. I know ads are currently disabled, but even then you may want to make sure you are not getting these things popping up outside of Flight Rising either.
I am not experiencing these problems since I use uBlock (nothing against FR, I just like to keep viruses off my computer), however....my son had the same problem on his computer recently. After visiting a minecraft modding site that had some sneaky ads that got around his outdated blacklists, he started getting these ads. The other thing that happened was that after updating, his Chrome automatically had site notifications turned on for some reason. These two things were what caused him to get notification ads.

The issue was there was an ad that automatically turned on site notifications from a few different ad servers. Despite not actually visiting these sites, he was getting popup notifications from them. Some of them were the same as people have reported, like the fake "Update McAfee" ads. What I had to do was go into his browser settings and under advanced settings 1. turn off all site notifications and 2. block site notifications from those specific ad sites that his browser had given permission to.

This doesn't solve the entire problem for the devs (They have to find the ad's source), however for anybody who has this problem, go into your advanced browser settings, site settings, and turn your notifications either to OFF (if you don't care about getting them elsewhere) or to "ASK FIRST" and then block any site you don't recognize on the list. Here's some links if you need actual step-by-step instructions for this:

Tutorial for turning off notifications in Chrome desktop

Turning off notifications in Chrome mobile

Turning off notifications in Opera (scroll down towards the bottom of the page)

Turning off Notifications in Microsoft Edge

If this does not help, let me know. I know ads are currently disabled, but even then you may want to make sure you are not getting these things popping up outside of Flight Rising either.
We have tentatively re-enabled advertisements. Please continue to report any improper ad behavior -- we will be monitoring in case the issue reoccurs!
We have tentatively re-enabled advertisements. Please continue to report any improper ad behavior -- we will be monitoring in case the issue reoccurs!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
once i got an ad for a dating site for cheating people
once i got an ad for a dating site for cheating people
tumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o3_100.pngtumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o4_100.png
Thank you for addressing this! I'd been getting a popup in the righthand corner on safari that downloaded something to my computer. I've re-whitelisted FR and I hope it's gone.
Thank you for addressing this! I'd been getting a popup in the righthand corner on safari that downloaded something to my computer. I've re-whitelisted FR and I hope it's gone.
I just got redirected to a site telling me my Flash Player was out of date, which was happening to me very frequently before ads were disabled. For reference, I'm on Safari.

I unfortunately have no idea which ad(s) could have caused this.
I just got redirected to a site telling me my Flash Player was out of date, which was happening to me very frequently before ads were disabled. For reference, I'm on Safari.

I unfortunately have no idea which ad(s) could have caused this.
This may come from my end, but oftentimes the ads don't seem to be showing up for me- like I'll get a gray rectangle with a sad little piece of paper on it, but nothing else. I do have AdBlock, but have it disabled on the whole site.
This may come from my end, but oftentimes the ads don't seem to be showing up for me- like I'll get a gray rectangle with a sad little piece of paper on it, but nothing else. I do have AdBlock, but have it disabled on the whole site.
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
Is this site still allowing Floraverse advertisements? I started blocking ads here when I saw it the first time. If that's not the case anymore, I'd be glad to allow them again.
Is this site still allowing Floraverse advertisements? I started blocking ads here when I saw it the first time. If that's not the case anymore, I'd be glad to allow them again.
tumblr_psyn42f2ml1xu6krko1_400.png
I keep seeing adverts in the corner of my screen for some 18+ game that's been circulating around, and while it hasn't popped up in a day or two, it did at some point redirect me to the site itself.
I keep seeing adverts in the corner of my screen for some 18+ game that's been circulating around, and while it hasn't popped up in a day or two, it did at some point redirect me to the site itself.
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593