Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eyes vs lore. what do you do?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Alrighty. This has been in my head for a while and I'm wondering what other people do! When you make lore for your dragons, do you alight their flight with their eye color, or do you put them in whatever flight suits them best? I do the second, mostly ignoring the eye color. One acception is my arcane rep, witch I wanted to have arcane eyes. Do you let the eyes affect what lore you give them, or stick with what you want? Just thought it'd be interesting to hear others oppinions~ Edit: just wanted to add a few examples~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23774149] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237742/23774149_350.png[/img] [/url] Galilee here, is in the light flight despite her ice eyes. In her lore, she is going to be blind. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24441387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244414/24441387_350.png[/img] [/url] Dispite having arcane eyes, this girl Jasmin, is in the lightning flight. She is an engineer and it just fit so well!
Alrighty.
This has been in my head for a while and I'm wondering what other people do!

When you make lore for your dragons, do you alight their flight with their eye color, or do you put them in whatever flight suits them best?

I do the second, mostly ignoring the eye color.

One acception is my arcane rep, witch I wanted to have arcane eyes.

Do you let the eyes affect what lore you give them, or stick with what you want?

Just thought it'd be interesting to hear others oppinions~

Edit: just wanted to add a few examples~

23774149_350.png

Galilee here, is in the light flight despite her ice eyes.
In her lore, she is going to be blind.

24441387_350.png

Dispite having arcane eyes, this girl Jasmin, is in the lightning flight.
She is an engineer and it just fit so well!

they/it | fr+2 tiick_pseudo_turnaround_90.gif
Usually I stick to eye color, but I have a nature dragon who instead has lightningnpowers because he's based off an OC. XD
Usually I stick to eye color, but I have a nature dragon who instead has lightningnpowers because he's based off an OC. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Frenkle

I usually use the eyes. But sometimes, I just put them in the Flight that suits them best.
@Frenkle

I usually use the eyes. But sometimes, I just put them in the Flight that suits them best.
PQznZys.png
@Frenkle

I use eye color to decide a dragon's flight, but it rarely affects their personality much.
@Frenkle

I use eye color to decide a dragon's flight, but it rarely affects their personality much.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Usually i use the eye colour to determine flight, with a few exceptions, like my icon dragon is a plague dragon but lorewise he felt abandoned by the Plaguebringer and sworn allegience to Stormcatcher instead.

Their flight isn't reflective of their personality. I just kind of consider it like a generalization of those dragons, like "all Canadians are nice and polite" or "all Americans are rude"
Usually i use the eye colour to determine flight, with a few exceptions, like my icon dragon is a plague dragon but lorewise he felt abandoned by the Plaguebringer and sworn allegience to Stormcatcher instead.

Their flight isn't reflective of their personality. I just kind of consider it like a generalization of those dragons, like "all Canadians are nice and polite" or "all Americans are rude"
Considering over half of my Flight reps don't come from the Flights they represent, I just stick them in whatever Flight fits them. All of my dragons have two rows in their bios for "Element" -- their eye color -- and "Flight" -- whichever Element they feel connected to.
Considering over half of my Flight reps don't come from the Flights they represent, I just stick them in whatever Flight fits them. All of my dragons have two rows in their bios for "Element" -- their eye color -- and "Flight" -- whichever Element they feel connected to.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I go by eye color for their birth flight, but I usually don't pay a lot of attention to it for their personalities. Flight reps are kind of an exception, since they're meant to embody their birth flight.
I go by eye color for their birth flight, but I usually don't pay a lot of attention to it for their personalities. Flight reps are kind of an exception, since they're meant to embody their birth flight.
HEEfBrK.png 6UvQBco.png WAOKY1a.png
@Hawktalon
I like how you set that up!
And I must say.. I simply adore how you coded your dragons bios!
@Hawktalon
I like how you set that up!
And I must say.. I simply adore how you coded your dragons bios!
they/it | fr+2 tiick_pseudo_turnaround_90.gif
I either go by the eyes or say that though the dragon was born in one flight they later dedicated themselves to the diety of another, if I want them to be more connected to another flight for lore purposes.
I either go by the eyes or say that though the dragon was born in one flight they later dedicated themselves to the diety of another, if I want them to be more connected to another flight for lore purposes.
tumblr_nr2jpwVyRy1sctktto6_100.png A8jZ8hC.png
Willow | FR + 12 hours
Come away little light, come away to the darkness
In the shade of the night we’ll come looking for you

YjkVeqG.png tumblr_nqzqz02ZlZ1tu43nto5_100.png
I love when lore contradicts what's supposedly set in stone!! I love when people make a dragon with red eyes a shadow dragon etc. It's super creative. I have a few "multi-flight" dragons
I love when lore contradicts what's supposedly set in stone!! I love when people make a dragon with red eyes a shadow dragon etc. It's super creative. I have a few "multi-flight" dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6