Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 177 178
BEARDED VULTURE FAMILIARS I'M GONNA CRY
BEARDED VULTURE FAMILIARS I'M GONNA CRY
I'm not sure about the boxes, I like the idea but wouldn't it be easier in the long run to do them all or not at all..?
Other than that everything seems pretty good with the update.~
I'm not sure about the boxes, I like the idea but wouldn't it be easier in the long run to do them all or not at all..?
Other than that everything seems pretty good with the update.~
[quote name="Alphaeon" date=2016-06-16 09:40:22] [quote name="Shazam" date=2016-06-16 09:30:46] As long as previously retired items don't make a return, I'll be ok with this. It's a shame y'all couldn't just have kept retiring things like with the first holiday cycle. [/quote] But it's understandable why this change was made. Even though this game isn't focused on collecting, it's very daunting and discouraging when a game has TONS of retired items that are next to impossible to obtain. A small subset of unobtainables is fine - hundreds of them isn't (in my opinion). [/quote] Agreed! Only having a few pricey retired items to work for makes it a fun challenge, but having TONS to work towards makes the collection list seem like it's never going to shrink, and you're right, it's daunting. @MissRaven, having several Joxar chests, one for each year, does seem like a reasonable solution! (If I'm understanding you correctly.) Good idea!
Alphaeon wrote on 2016-06-16:
Shazam wrote on 2016-06-16:
As long as previously retired items don't make a return, I'll be ok with this.

It's a shame y'all couldn't just have kept retiring things like with the first holiday cycle.

But it's understandable why this change was made. Even though this game isn't focused on collecting, it's very daunting and discouraging when a game has TONS of retired items that are next to impossible to obtain. A small subset of unobtainables is fine - hundreds of them isn't (in my opinion).

Agreed! Only having a few pricey retired items to work for makes it a fun challenge, but having TONS to work towards makes the collection list seem like it's never going to shrink, and you're right, it's daunting.

@MissRaven, having several Joxar chests, one for each year, does seem like a reasonable solution! (If I'm understanding you correctly.) Good idea!
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png saTxNdL.png XsRzZWG.png durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png Wsu677T.png

bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png egg_nocturne_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-daayxdq.gif saTxNdL.png egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif

4678.png[nextcol]
Familiar Trade Shop! [nextcol]3783.png
Super excited about new familiars!!! Yay!!!!
Super excited about new familiars!!! Yay!!!!
THRILLED about Joxar's Spare Inventory....but bummed that it won't include items from 2013-2016....I hope this will be reconsidered......and put them on a VEEEERYYY slow trickle.... like .01% of getting a Sprite would be wonderful!

(Dumb and Dumber movie....HIM: So, what are the chances you would go out with me? .... HER: One in a million ..... HIM: So you're saying there's a chance!!!)
THRILLED about Joxar's Spare Inventory....but bummed that it won't include items from 2013-2016....I hope this will be reconsidered......and put them on a VEEEERYYY slow trickle.... like .01% of getting a Sprite would be wonderful!

(Dumb and Dumber movie....HIM: So, what are the chances you would go out with me? .... HER: One in a million ..... HIM: So you're saying there's a chance!!!)
PyeohlG.png
aww those familiars X3
aww those familiars X3
image.giftNwD8Ts.pngimage.gif
coolio
coolio
pLOjGxv.png
The slargs are adorable. And I need all the vistas now. XD
The slargs are adorable. And I need all the vistas now. XD
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
[quote name="hitodama89" date=2016-06-16 10:54:21] [quote name="Evarinya" date=2016-06-16 10:15:26] [quote name="Xylom" date=2016-06-16 08:53:45] Mmm, it is times like this I'm happy I joined the first year and have all the year 1 holiday items. Though it still confuses me why they are retired but really all the other holiday items aren't. I 100% see why any Beta and KS items would be retired, it would be cruel to release those items into circulation when they are gifts for testing and help paying for the site to even begin. But.. the holiday items aren't. I don't really see a reason to never release them again when they hold no value to be like the Beta and KS items. They are only "special" because you happened to click the join site button before another person. You didn't contribute to the site, you just joined first. I think all the holiday items should be circulated in with the Joxar boxes, with limits on what gets released more than others. Because really.. there will be so many holiday items by next year the chance of half the site getting that Light Sprite are very small. edit: Not to say my whole idea is complaining though! I do love the updates. I've been wanting cool gryphon familiars for a long while now to go with the hippogryphs! These guys look wicked. And the new vistas are nice too, even though I've not been lucky to find one haha. Glad for the updates, just some things should be seriously thought out before next year's release! Thanks guys for the updates and new things :> [/quote] I agree wholeheartedly. Sure I haven't been around since the start so of course I would love a way to get the sprites more easily but that's not the reason I agree with this. If the intention is to make it easier for future players to 'complete' their collections then older items need to be addressed with the same considerations as the new ones. The older items were available in very limited supply. Not only was it harder to get them (due in part at least to less elemental specific coli venues to farm in and a lack of having baldwin to supplement fest currency collection) but there were less players around. Even if each of those limited number of players collected say 5 of each sprite that means there would only be enough extra sprites for 5x the amount of players that were around then. Yes the rarity awards the players who had the foresight to collect extras and are still active so there is a level of loyalty reward there, especially because that is their opportunity for resale. However, as @Xylom stated it mainly rewards the fact that that person was around for the few days the register button was available at the time and does not address the problem of supply and demand for those items. There are not enough of the first year fest items to go around but to have a complete collection (as is the goal for a large amount of FR players) you need to have those first year items. I do think the Spare Inventory Boxes are a great idea but I don't see the benefit in having them include [b]ONLY[/b] this past year's and future festival items. If the intention is to help [b]ALL[/b] players have another chance (however small) of getting Festival items they weren't around for then shouldn't it include [b]ALL[/b] items that anyone might not have been around for, no matter when they joined? I suppose this would ideally include anyone who joined after the first Brightshine Jubilee up to any current and future registration windows. All in all it is great to see the site beginning to address things like the rarity of items, i haven't seen many sites that take that into consideration so I definitely think it's a step in the right direction. But I do think there are some elements that perhaps were not considered fully. I understand that it seems more fair to leave the first year's fest items alone (just as the colour wheel expansion does not change future colour options for custom progens). However, in that case there is still an option for new players to get the new colours even though they weren't around when they were released (through tricolour scatter scrolls). The Spare Inventory Box, in my opinion should function the same way, as a way for new and current players to have a chance of getting items they weren't around for without limiting the years within which this items were available. There is still a huge pool of items anyway and the limit of 1 per person, per fest continues to limit it and decrease the chances, but it is a chance that i'm sure many players will still be willing to take if there is the possibility of getting an item they weren't around to collect. I hope that all the feedback you guys receive from all players is something you take into account, and as much as i'm not usually one to support conflict or controversy, I felt like this was an instance where I had to put my two cents in. There is going to be controversy no matter what the update is and I might not be the majority in this case but I can't change that. I'm not denying that there are benefits to the Spare Inventory Boxes, but I do think that it could have been better implemented and not create more limitations with it's arrival. I still love that this site has so many updates so often because the new content (as much as it seems like a pain to collect sometimes) adds to my incentive to continue playing and I truly appreciate all the effort put into the site by all of the staff to continue to grow the community and develop the playing experience into something greater. I just hope that some of the feedback is taken into account moving forward to help make the site even greater for current and future players. [/quote] I really hope people will read this, because this is the exact issue I see here, too. I hate being the "boohoo new things I don't want changes" -guy, but this is such a serious matter that I think I have to. I don't want to sound whiny either, but the news as they are now sound... Very unfair to me. Either make all the festival items circulate or not any of them, because only making really old items stay retired just grows the gap between old and new players: new players get nothing that rises in value, while the old players have items that are unbelievably valuable. Edit. Oh, and I also think if you are creating things like those spare boxes that cost a LOT of money, you should consider making more means of earning that money, too. I mean... We have only five actual and pretty repetitive games to play, and playing those over and over and over again is just not fun at all. There is nothing wrong with the games themselves, but like I said, it gets way too repetitive way too fast. [/quote] I agree with all of this ^ Either go for a 100%, or not at all. I don't even care for the recolors. And since I don't have that much time to invest in this site, and I'm poor as hell, I'll never get enough treasure/gems to pay for a sprite. All those payment plans take way too long and cost too much energy for a bunch of pixels imo. I've marked sprites and downtime familiars as unobtainable since I joined. That's pretty much everything "bad" I've got to say about this. The rest of the update, and the whole site really, is damn awesome.
hitodama89 wrote on 2016-06-16:
Evarinya wrote on 2016-06-16:
Xylom wrote on 2016-06-16:
Mmm, it is times like this I'm happy I joined the first year and have all the year 1 holiday items.
Though it still confuses me why they are retired but really all the other holiday items aren't.

I 100% see why any Beta and KS items would be retired, it would be cruel to release those items into circulation when they are gifts for testing and help paying for the site to even begin. But.. the holiday items aren't. I don't really see a reason to never release them again when they hold no value to be like the Beta and KS items. They are only "special" because you happened to click the join site button before another person. You didn't contribute to the site, you just joined first.

I think all the holiday items should be circulated in with the Joxar boxes, with limits on what gets released more than others. Because really.. there will be so many holiday items by next year the chance of half the site getting that Light Sprite are very small.

edit: Not to say my whole idea is complaining though! I do love the updates. I've been wanting cool gryphon familiars for a long while now to go with the hippogryphs! These guys look wicked. And the new vistas are nice too, even though I've not been lucky to find one haha.
Glad for the updates, just some things should be seriously thought out before next year's release! Thanks guys for the updates and new things :>

I agree wholeheartedly. Sure I haven't been around since the start so of course I would love a way to get the sprites more easily but that's not the reason I agree with this. If the intention is to make it easier for future players to 'complete' their collections then older items need to be addressed with the same considerations as the new ones.

The older items were available in very limited supply. Not only was it harder to get them (due in part at least to less elemental specific coli venues to farm in and a lack of having baldwin to supplement fest currency collection) but there were less players around. Even if each of those limited number of players collected say 5 of each sprite that means there would only be enough extra sprites for 5x the amount of players that were around then. Yes the rarity awards the players who had the foresight to collect extras and are still active so there is a level of loyalty reward there, especially because that is their opportunity for resale. However, as @Xylom stated it mainly rewards the fact that that person was around for the few days the register button was available at the time and does not address the problem of supply and demand for those items. There are not enough of the first year fest items to go around but to have a complete collection (as is the goal for a large amount of FR players) you need to have those first year items.

I do think the Spare Inventory Boxes are a great idea but I don't see the benefit in having them include ONLY this past year's and future festival items. If the intention is to help ALL players have another chance (however small) of getting Festival items they weren't around for then shouldn't it include ALL items that anyone might not have been around for, no matter when they joined? I suppose this would ideally include anyone who joined after the first Brightshine Jubilee up to any current and future registration windows.

All in all it is great to see the site beginning to address things like the rarity of items, i haven't seen many sites that take that into consideration so I definitely think it's a step in the right direction. But I do think there are some elements that perhaps were not considered fully. I understand that it seems more fair to leave the first year's fest items alone (just as the colour wheel expansion does not change future colour options for custom progens). However, in that case there is still an option for new players to get the new colours even though they weren't around when they were released (through tricolour scatter scrolls). The Spare Inventory Box, in my opinion should function the same way, as a way for new and current players to have a chance of getting items they weren't around for without limiting the years within which this items were available. There is still a huge pool of items anyway and the limit of 1 per person, per fest continues to limit it and decrease the chances, but it is a chance that i'm sure many players will still be willing to take if there is the possibility of getting an item they weren't around to collect.

I hope that all the feedback you guys receive from all players is something you take into account, and as much as i'm not usually one to support conflict or controversy, I felt like this was an instance where I had to put my two cents in. There is going to be controversy no matter what the update is and I might not be the majority in this case but I can't change that. I'm not denying that there are benefits to the Spare Inventory Boxes, but I do think that it could have been better implemented and not create more limitations with it's arrival.

I still love that this site has so many updates so often because the new content (as much as it seems like a pain to collect sometimes) adds to my incentive to continue playing and I truly appreciate all the effort put into the site by all of the staff to continue to grow the community and develop the playing experience into something greater. I just hope that some of the feedback is taken into account moving forward to help make the site even greater for current and future players.

I really hope people will read this, because this is the exact issue I see here, too. I hate being the "boohoo new things I don't want changes" -guy, but this is such a serious matter that I think I have to. I don't want to sound whiny either, but the news as they are now sound... Very unfair to me. Either make all the festival items circulate or not any of them, because only making really old items stay retired just grows the gap between old and new players: new players get nothing that rises in value, while the old players have items that are unbelievably valuable.

Edit. Oh, and I also think if you are creating things like those spare boxes that cost a LOT of money, you should consider making more means of earning that money, too. I mean... We have only five actual and pretty repetitive games to play, and playing those over and over and over again is just not fun at all. There is nothing wrong with the games themselves, but like I said, it gets way too repetitive way too fast.

I agree with all of this ^
Either go for a 100%, or not at all. I don't even care for the recolors.
And since I don't have that much time to invest in this site, and I'm poor as hell, I'll never get enough treasure/gems to pay for a sprite. All those payment plans take way too long and cost too much energy for a bunch of pixels imo. I've marked sprites and downtime familiars as unobtainable since I joined.

That's pretty much everything "bad" I've got to say about this. The rest of the update, and the whole site really, is damn awesome.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
I'm excited about the boxes.. But what kind of recolors are we talking.. Cause I'd kill for different coloured boneyard tatters and windbound plumage. :o so how far back are we going with recolors?
I'm excited about the boxes.. But what kind of recolors are we talking.. Cause I'd kill for different coloured boneyard tatters and windbound plumage. :o so how far back are we going with recolors?
1 2 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 177 178