Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 177 178
[center]>admins say they're never bringing back the sprites > >"but what about the sprites?" [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/279c6822a8f2b4125b98ddee4e3f90c1/tumblr_inline_nb3kaj4P8k1qf0f4d.png[/img][/center]
>admins say they're never bringing back the sprites
>
>"but what about the sprites?"

tumblr_inline_nb3kaj4P8k1qf0f4d.png
I like the boxes. In a few years down the road they'll be especially grand for newer players.

As someone from 2013 I wouldn't have minded Sprite recolors to be added either, though I thinking adding the actual originals definitely would have gone back on their word and caused much fuss - even at a low drop rate. And the boxes keep even older players interested with the unique recolors they do have! I think the recolors might end up rarer than the actual retired items if they're box only.
I like the boxes. In a few years down the road they'll be especially grand for newer players.

As someone from 2013 I wouldn't have minded Sprite recolors to be added either, though I thinking adding the actual originals definitely would have gone back on their word and caused much fuss - even at a low drop rate. And the boxes keep even older players interested with the unique recolors they do have! I think the recolors might end up rarer than the actual retired items if they're box only.
I LOVED IT until the last sentence...

Thought this was gonna be like ChickenSmoothie's December 18th Re-release day, but the old items I want will still be basically nonexistent.

But I understand, it would drive in a huge load of furious people because they spent billions when it would now be worth just millions.
I LOVED IT until the last sentence...

Thought this was gonna be like ChickenSmoothie's December 18th Re-release day, but the old items I want will still be basically nonexistent.

But I understand, it would drive in a huge load of furious people because they spent billions when it would now be worth just millions.
vista_spiral1.png.....vistafestival_2.png.....vista_spiral1.png
Holiday vistas yooooo yesss
Holiday vistas yooooo yesss
Hi. I'm Tim. GASP 2.0manacik3__r1355431301.png
Why do people not seem to understand that retired means retired?

I'm about to go through old forum posts to find the exact quote where the staff said the Sprites will never come back.
Why do people not seem to understand that retired means retired?

I'm about to go through old forum posts to find the exact quote where the staff said the Sprites will never come back.
ZHoIQus.png iceshieldl.png
Alex
he/him
3+ FR
iceshieldr.png
[quote name="Westtmd" date=2016-06-15 19:27:46] [quote name="Malis" date=2016-06-15 19:25:22] @Undel While I -really- like the inventory box and feel it is a fantastic idea to re-release retired items. As a member of FR from the beginning (who has all the old festival items) I feel there should be a small percentage, even if just a 1-5% chance, to get the June'13-May'16 items. That way, the small chance would help stem the loss of sprite familiars and old festival items that we have by losing older members of FR and the small percentage would also keep the influx low. [/quote] This would be very nice. [/quote] I personally agree. It's not all that fair for the newbies to get a chance starting from quite some random time, and if you're concerned about festival items just gaining price as stated, then this is going to make the currently expensive stuff EVEN MORE expensive and unobtainable. If you ask me, it's going to make it almost impossible to get the older items. I feel like you should at least hold a poll and see what other users think, especially if it's a low, low chance, and includes the skin pool. Sure, prices might drop slightly, but it only may be by a couple hundred gems, and it still may be unobtainable without 'questing'. If you're worried about fairness as a whole, I'd say either make it so retired stuff stays retired, including this new stuff, or make it so ALL retired stuff is in this pool. It's so strange and seemingly unfair to just... start it from this random, set year.
Westtmd wrote on 2016-06-15:
Malis wrote on 2016-06-15:
@Undel While I -really- like the inventory box and feel it is a fantastic idea to re-release retired items. As a member of FR from the beginning (who has all the old festival items) I feel there should be a small percentage, even if just a 1-5% chance, to get the June'13-May'16 items. That way, the small chance would help stem the loss of sprite familiars and old festival items that we have by losing older members of FR and the small percentage would also keep the influx low.

This would be very nice.

I personally agree. It's not all that fair for the newbies to get a chance starting from quite some random time, and if you're concerned about festival items just gaining price as stated, then this is going to make the currently expensive stuff EVEN MORE expensive and unobtainable. If you ask me, it's going to make it almost impossible to get the older items.

I feel like you should at least hold a poll and see what other users think, especially if it's a low, low chance, and includes the skin pool. Sure, prices might drop slightly, but it only may be by a couple hundred gems, and it still may be unobtainable without 'questing'.

If you're worried about fairness as a whole, I'd say either make it so retired stuff stays retired, including this new stuff, or make it so ALL retired stuff is in this pool. It's so strange and seemingly unfair to just... start it from this random, set year.
lDRIQH6.gif
It still makes me incredibly sad that there's no way for those of us who want a skycat, to obtain one. Even if I hoard sold the entire contents of my hoard and opened every festival chest I have, it still wouldn't be nearly enough to buy one ;n;
It still makes me incredibly sad that there's no way for those of us who want a skycat, to obtain one. Even if I hoard sold the entire contents of my hoard and opened every festival chest I have, it still wouldn't be nearly enough to buy one ;n;
tumblr_inline_nwui74LM0m1t7d5o3_500.gif
[quote name="Emysry" date=2016-06-15 19:29:51] [quote name="Cometarmagon" date=2016-06-15 19:26:23] [quote name="Malis" date=2016-06-15 19:25:22] Undel While I -really- like the inventory box and feel it is a fantastic idea to re-release retired items. As a member of FR from the begining (who has all the old festival items) I feel there should be a small percentage, even if just a 1-5% chance, to get the June'13-May'16 items. That way, the small chance would help stem the loss of sprite familiars and old festival items that we have by losing older members of FR and the small percentage would also keep the influx low. [/quote] Could not agree more. [/quote] Agreed! Can we have a community vote on this or something? It could be a VERY small percentage --like even under 1% [/quote] I agree with this! I was around since the 3rd day of the original open registry, and do have all the sprites so don't label me as a player who just wants sprites. I want the festival items, even if they're recolors! ;n; I need my sunchaser jewelry ..
Emysry wrote on 2016-06-15:
Cometarmagon wrote on 2016-06-15:
Malis wrote on 2016-06-15:
Undel While I -really- like the inventory box and feel it is a fantastic idea to re-release retired items. As a member of FR from the begining (who has all the old festival items) I feel there should be a small percentage, even if just a 1-5% chance, to get the June'13-May'16 items. That way, the small chance would help stem the loss of sprite familiars and old festival items that we have by losing older members of FR and the small percentage would also keep the influx low.

Could not agree more.

Agreed! Can we have a community vote on this or something?
It could be a VERY small percentage --like even under 1%
I agree with this! I was around since the 3rd day of the original open registry, and do have all the sprites so don't label me as a player who just wants sprites. I want the festival items, even if they're recolors! ;n; I need my sunchaser jewelry ..
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
New recolors yesssssssss
New recolors yesssssssss
Nice, this is a good way to pick up spare apparel at least. There's been a few things I've missed due to work and the coli acting up.

Thank you for coming up with a way to give holiday familiars another shot.

(Perhaps by the 10th anniversary we can have the sprite set again. jk/notjk)
Nice, this is a good way to pick up spare apparel at least. There's been a few things I've missed due to work and the coli acting up.

Thank you for coming up with a way to give holiday familiars another shot.

(Perhaps by the 10th anniversary we can have the sprite set again. jk/notjk)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 177 178