Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Vampires vs Werewolves - Discussion
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 164 165
^^^^ this

So it seems there is a long list of new players here, I'll have a pinglist at the ready to make sure you all participate enough to not get dropped from the game or lynched for lurking.
^^^^ this

So it seems there is a long list of new players here, I'll have a pinglist at the ready to make sure you all participate enough to not get dropped from the game or lynched for lurking.
Emi | She/Her | PST (FR+0)
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
Oh gosh, so sorry for taking ages to actually post. For some reason FR is taking forever to load and I had no time to check last night since I'm not well.

I suppose it's a bit late to say much introductory wise but this is indeed my first game and I look forward to see how it pans out! I'm gonna go back and re-read everything to catch up now.
Oh gosh, so sorry for taking ages to actually post. For some reason FR is taking forever to load and I had no time to check last night since I'm not well.

I suppose it's a bit late to say much introductory wise but this is indeed my first game and I look forward to see how it pans out! I'm gonna go back and re-read everything to catch up now.
[quote name="@TheMemeTeam" date=2016-05-27 06:45:23] Oh gosh, so sorry for taking ages to actually post. For some reason FR is taking forever to load and I had no time to check last night since I'm not well. I suppose it's a bit late to say much introductory wise but this is indeed my first game and I look forward to see how it pans out! I'm gonna go back and re-read everything to catch up now. [/quote] It's not too late for intros! I for one would be very interested in anything you have to say.
@TheMemeTeam wrote on 2016-05-27:

It's not too late for intros! I for one would be very interested in anything you have to say.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
Well, Iight not be able to be on for awhile, so I wanna get some sort of discussion going. To lynch or not to lynch? From the intros, it seems that the majority of the people here are for lynching tonight. I'm against it, but there is a lot more mafia here than other games I've seen, so try and persuade me, day one lynchers!
Well, Iight not be able to be on for awhile, so I wanna get some sort of discussion going. To lynch or not to lynch? From the intros, it seems that the majority of the people here are for lynching tonight. I'm against it, but there is a lot more mafia here than other games I've seen, so try and persuade me, day one lynchers!
they/them viU0KTO.png
Everyone stop being pacifists the vampires and werewolves won't be.
uCR5SCW.png
To break down why lynching is good:

1. It's the only kill power town has in control. If town isn't using it, we're loosing the only ability and only chance we have at cutting down the numbers of the maf

2. It's a good conversation starter. Maf might push real hard for a townie to be lynched or they might defend a mafiaso that is currently on the chopping block and using those sorts of posts can help highlight who is on what side.

3. It clears the board. Trust me, later on in the game, especially when we approach LyLo (lynch or loose, basically a point where the town numbers are almost overwhelmed by maf numbers) you don't want to be second guessing yourself. Anyone you think is sus you want to get off the board so you narrow down your options.

4. No seriously, I don't think people even vets remember how important it is to have NO DOUBT later on. In the beginning, there's not enough evidence and just holding back won't do us any good later on in the game, when holding back could sink the town. If we doubt people but don't act, then we'll have the problem of having a whole bunch of sus looking people later on in the game and no idea which way to turn.
To break down why lynching is good:

1. It's the only kill power town has in control. If town isn't using it, we're loosing the only ability and only chance we have at cutting down the numbers of the maf

2. It's a good conversation starter. Maf might push real hard for a townie to be lynched or they might defend a mafiaso that is currently on the chopping block and using those sorts of posts can help highlight who is on what side.

3. It clears the board. Trust me, later on in the game, especially when we approach LyLo (lynch or loose, basically a point where the town numbers are almost overwhelmed by maf numbers) you don't want to be second guessing yourself. Anyone you think is sus you want to get off the board so you narrow down your options.

4. No seriously, I don't think people even vets remember how important it is to have NO DOUBT later on. In the beginning, there's not enough evidence and just holding back won't do us any good later on in the game, when holding back could sink the town. If we doubt people but don't act, then we'll have the problem of having a whole bunch of sus looking people later on in the game and no idea which way to turn.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date=2016-05-27 08:15:28] Everyone stop being pacifists the vampires and werewolves won't be. [/quote] This. My usual strategy in different games is to go for someone who hasn't posted yet/if they did it was only once or twice. I know this game is full of new players but that's how we win the game. I usually wait till closer to lockdown to give everyone a fair chance to post. I'm on mobile right now so I can't see who has/hasn't posted yet today so my apologies.
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2016-05-27:
This.

My usual strategy in different games is to go for someone who hasn't posted yet/if they did it was only once or twice. I know this game is full of new players but that's how we win the game. I usually wait till closer to lockdown to give everyone a fair chance to post. I'm on mobile right now so I can't see who has/hasn't posted yet today so my apologies.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
Goodness Space you sniped me XD I agree totally here, it's a daunting idea to lynch someone we barely got to know but all the points mentioned in Space's post above mine is so relevant it hurts. In my opinion, anyone who advocates no-lynches is highly sus. Even if they're not directly Mafia, it hurts town ultimately and you can't be allowed to keep doing that.
Goodness Space you sniped me XD I agree totally here, it's a daunting idea to lynch someone we barely got to know but all the points mentioned in Space's post above mine is so relevant it hurts. In my opinion, anyone who advocates no-lynches is highly sus. Even if they're not directly Mafia, it hurts town ultimately and you can't be allowed to keep doing that.
So stirring up convince is a good point, by I don't think narrowing down the numbers is really all too good of a thing. All it does is get you less towines in a shorter amount of time rather than a longer amount of time. The more time you have to get good reads on people the better, right? Or I just am a newb. If it's clear th at everyone's going to lynch, I'm probably going to, but that's just so that I can have some sort of say, because if it's clear there's not enough people saying no lynch, not lynching is just sitting idly by. That's my peice at least.
So stirring up convince is a good point, by I don't think narrowing down the numbers is really all too good of a thing. All it does is get you less towines in a shorter amount of time rather than a longer amount of time. The more time you have to get good reads on people the better, right? Or I just am a newb. If it's clear th at everyone's going to lynch, I'm probably going to, but that's just so that I can have some sort of say, because if it's clear there's not enough people saying no lynch, not lynching is just sitting idly by. That's my peice at least.
they/them viU0KTO.png
@person
I see your reasoning, and it does make sense. But even then, sometimes town deaths are unavoidable and D1 lynches are mostly that. It does narrow our numbers down, but like Space said, it generates discussion and can lead to more accurate scumhunting leads and reads. Right now all we have to go off of is introduction posts, but tomorrow, we'll have a lot more via deaths; it's a gruesome strategy but it's the only strategy town can have.
@person
I see your reasoning, and it does make sense. But even then, sometimes town deaths are unavoidable and D1 lynches are mostly that. It does narrow our numbers down, but like Space said, it generates discussion and can lead to more accurate scumhunting leads and reads. Right now all we have to go off of is introduction posts, but tomorrow, we'll have a lot more via deaths; it's a gruesome strategy but it's the only strategy town can have.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 164 165