Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48
I don't really care what happens to my dragons after I sell them. I sold them to make profit, yup?
But.

I think that's a little bit unfair towards these who actually care. It looks like taking one side of the conflict and telling the other that they basically should stop playing if they don't like it, if they focus on selling dragons.

I think there should be at least a requirement for the dragons to be named before exalted. That would sound like a compromise - "okay, don't demand anything of me, but rest assured that at least your dragon won't leave the game unnamed and ruin your offspring list".

Anyone with me?
I don't really care what happens to my dragons after I sell them. I sold them to make profit, yup?
But.

I think that's a little bit unfair towards these who actually care. It looks like taking one side of the conflict and telling the other that they basically should stop playing if they don't like it, if they focus on selling dragons.

I think there should be at least a requirement for the dragons to be named before exalted. That would sound like a compromise - "okay, don't demand anything of me, but rest assured that at least your dragon won't leave the game unnamed and ruin your offspring list".

Anyone with me?
Flight%20Rising.png
[quote name="Zanate" date=2016-05-20 17:10:07] I think there should be at least a requirement for the dragons to be named before exalted. That would sound like a compromise - "okay, don't demand anything of me, but rest assured that at least your dragon won't leave the game unnamed and ruin your offspring list". Anyone with me? [/quote] Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start.
Zanate wrote on 2016-05-20:

Anyone with me?

Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start.
Welcome once again to our newest modlings! ;) Love you all!

Love you too @Loddie - always part of the mod squad ;u;
Welcome once again to our newest modlings! ;) Love you all!

Love you too @Loddie - always part of the mod squad ;u;
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
[quote name="Rhynn" date=2016-05-20 17:15:29] [quote name="Zanate" date=2016-05-20 17:10:07] I think there should be at least a requirement for the dragons to be named before exalted. That would sound like a compromise - "okay, don't demand anything of me, but rest assured that at least your dragon won't leave the game unnamed and ruin your offspring list". Anyone with me? [/quote] Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start. [/quote] Honestly...this. For the whole argument about how it makes it harder to sell...what do you really care about? The gold or the dragon? If you care so much about it having a name, taking a hit of a negligible price on a cheap fodder dragon isn't that much of an issue. If you don't want to name it and don't want it to be fodder then price it higher and wait for someone who will love it to come along.
Rhynn wrote on 2016-05-20:

Anyone with me?

Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start.

Honestly...this. For the whole argument about how it makes it harder to sell...what do you really care about? The gold or the dragon? If you care so much about it having a name, taking a hit of a negligible price on a cheap fodder dragon isn't that much of an issue. If you don't want to name it and don't want it to be fodder then price it higher and wait for someone who will love it to come along.
veye80.jpgMini_zpsgcyumcge.png
[quote name="Rhynn" date=2016-05-20 17:15:29] Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start. [/quote] Person who buys a dragon should have the right to name their dragon however they want without spending extra 6kt. I should have the right to have nice offspring list. There's a requirement for a name to train in coliseum, so what's the problem with adding it to the exalting as well?
Person who buys a dragon should have the right to name their dragon however they want without spending extra 6kt. I should have the right to have nice offspring list. There's a requirement for a name to train in coliseum, so what's the problem with adding it to the exalting as well?
Flight%20Rising.png
@Mayana

awww Love you too Myana <3 Brownies and hot coco forever :D
@Mayana

awww Love you too Myana <3 Brownies and hot coco forever :D
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
[quote name="Zanate" date=2016-05-20 17:20:25] [quote name="Rhynn" date=2016-05-20 17:15:29] Then sell it with a name. Not your dragon anymore, not your rules, not your call to make. I see the staff taking a neutral stance here, they're not taking a side; they're sticking with the rules which have been in place from the start. [/quote] Person who buys a dragon should have the right to name their dragon however they want without spending extra 6kt. I should have the right to have nice offspring list. There's a requirement for a name to train in coliseum, so what's the problem with adding it to the exalting as well? [/quote] Honestly? If someone really wants a dragon they'll pay for that renaming scroll. 6k is pocket change. If someone wants to use a dragon as fodder? Well it's already pre named, so it saves the seller's offspring list from 'Unnamed' and the buyer's time.
Person who buys a dragon should have the right to name their dragon however they want without spending extra 6kt. I should have the right to have nice offspring list. There's a requirement for a name to train in coliseum, so what's the problem with adding it to the exalting as well?
Honestly?
If someone really wants a dragon they'll pay for that renaming scroll. 6k is pocket change. If someone wants to use a dragon as fodder? Well it's already pre named, so it saves the seller's offspring list from 'Unnamed' and the buyer's time.
qesQFkT.gif
Spite exalting and also spamming/harassing users who have dragon re-sale threads, is also a big problem, even before some get started..

In my case, we opened a thread to spruce up unwanted/exalt priced dragons and sell them for a higher than exalt price with levels/art/bios/lore and we were targeted by more than one user saying people can play however they want and exalt whenever they want..

and making a blacklist or telling people not to exalt them was never even mentioned in the thread..
Spite exalting and also spamming/harassing users who have dragon re-sale threads, is also a big problem, even before some get started..

In my case, we opened a thread to spruce up unwanted/exalt priced dragons and sell them for a higher than exalt price with levels/art/bios/lore and we were targeted by more than one user saying people can play however they want and exalt whenever they want..

and making a blacklist or telling people not to exalt them was never even mentioned in the thread..
button_v2_by_crookedramblings-da10otr.pngtumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko3_100.png
[quote name="Poi" date=2016-05-20 17:24:29] Honestly? If someone really wants a dragon they'll pay for that renaming scroll. 6k is pocket change. If someone wants to use a dragon as fodder? Well it's already pre named, so it saves the seller's offspring list from 'Unnamed' and the buyer's time. [/quote] Welp, it's not about money, it's about feelings. But, whatever.
Poi wrote on 2016-05-20:
Honestly?
If someone really wants a dragon they'll pay for that renaming scroll. 6k is pocket change. If someone wants to use a dragon as fodder? Well it's already pre named, so it saves the seller's offspring list from 'Unnamed' and the buyer's time.
Welp, it's not about money, it's about feelings. But, whatever.
Flight%20Rising.png
@Zanate If you are giving your dragon away, it's not as special to you as you believe it to be, in my opinion. I've had many dragons I was fond of and didn't want to see get exalted, but when push came to shove and I had to give them away, I made peace with their possibly inevitable fate.

Personally I also hate the idea of forcing names on dragons before they can be exalted and I don't see why people are constantly requesting this. It should not be our burden to bear after buying a dragon. If you don't want your dragon to get exalted unnamed then the solution is easy for you to fix.

I wish people would stop trying to force this issue. There are so many preventative measures for players to take so that they don't end up getting the short-end but refuse to take and then pin the blame on people who don't abide by their play style...

Edit: As for "it's about feelings", nothing can really be run off of feelings because everyone has different feelings. There's a problem with that mentality for business. You need to do what works and satisfies the majority. If you start putting feelings into play, then everyone will be able to pick it to pieces because they want their feelings to be validated too.
@Zanate If you are giving your dragon away, it's not as special to you as you believe it to be, in my opinion. I've had many dragons I was fond of and didn't want to see get exalted, but when push came to shove and I had to give them away, I made peace with their possibly inevitable fate.

Personally I also hate the idea of forcing names on dragons before they can be exalted and I don't see why people are constantly requesting this. It should not be our burden to bear after buying a dragon. If you don't want your dragon to get exalted unnamed then the solution is easy for you to fix.

I wish people would stop trying to force this issue. There are so many preventative measures for players to take so that they don't end up getting the short-end but refuse to take and then pin the blame on people who don't abide by their play style...

Edit: As for "it's about feelings", nothing can really be run off of feelings because everyone has different feelings. There's a problem with that mentality for business. You need to do what works and satisfies the majority. If you start putting feelings into play, then everyone will be able to pick it to pieces because they want their feelings to be validated too.
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48