Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Little things that really irritate you
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 112 113
@FretfulSardines ugh I know, really hate it
@FretfulSardines ugh I know, really hate it
Call me Thorn :) He/Him

Lil rainbow boi, me
children. being interrupted. rudeness in general.
children. being interrupted. rudeness in general.
When men refer to women as females. You're scum and that's so insulting to say
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
Children.
Children.
Call me Thorn :) He/Him

Lil rainbow boi, me
[quote name="Plenilune" date=2016-05-16 12:36:41] When men refer to women as females. You're scum and that's so insulting to say [/quote]weird but I'd rather be referred to as a female. Woman and lady sound to feminine, and while I'm fine with being a biological female, I'm not feminine. I just like how female sounds mostly scientific. That's just me though. *shrug* Everyone can have their own take on words! :)
Plenilune wrote on 2016-05-16:
weird but I'd rather be referred to as a female. Woman and lady sound to feminine, and while I'm fine with being a biological female, I'm not feminine. I just like how female sounds mostly scientific. That's just me though. *shrug* Everyone can have their own take on words! :)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Entitlement, laziness, etc... I work retail in a department store, mainly in the toys and hardware departments. When people find out where I work most of them say that kids would be awful in those departments but the kids are usually the best customers! It's their parents that toss items everywhere and are rude. Old people and mothers seem to be the most consistently entitled though which seems to surprise most people. Even if kids make a mess I still think it's their parents' fault because kids only make messes when their parents don't teach them good manners and/or let them run around unsupervised.

I can't actually remember a kid being rude to me, actually... even teenagers aren't usually a problem. They sometimes browse loudly if they're in groups but that's fine. A couple of times I've had to tell teens/young adults to leave because they were running around knocking entire shelves of items on the floor but at least they listened and left?? I could never say that to an older woman who was basically doing the same thing albeit more slowly because she'd flip and get a manager and try to get me fired for sure.
Entitlement, laziness, etc... I work retail in a department store, mainly in the toys and hardware departments. When people find out where I work most of them say that kids would be awful in those departments but the kids are usually the best customers! It's their parents that toss items everywhere and are rude. Old people and mothers seem to be the most consistently entitled though which seems to surprise most people. Even if kids make a mess I still think it's their parents' fault because kids only make messes when their parents don't teach them good manners and/or let them run around unsupervised.

I can't actually remember a kid being rude to me, actually... even teenagers aren't usually a problem. They sometimes browse loudly if they're in groups but that's fine. A couple of times I've had to tell teens/young adults to leave because they were running around knocking entire shelves of items on the floor but at least they listened and left?? I could never say that to an older woman who was basically doing the same thing albeit more slowly because she'd flip and get a manager and try to get me fired for sure.
One thing is when people try talking to me when I'm focusing on something or in the middle of something. I can't split my focus like that and talk + do whatever I'm doing at the same time, sorry. I swear I'll get to talking to you in a moment, just allow me to finish what I'm already doing ... unless it's urgent.
One thing is when people try talking to me when I'm focusing on something or in the middle of something. I can't split my focus like that and talk + do whatever I'm doing at the same time, sorry. I swear I'll get to talking to you in a moment, just allow me to finish what I'm already doing ... unless it's urgent.
[quote name="Plenilune" date=2016-05-16 12:36:41] When men refer to women as females. You're scum and that's so insulting to say [/quote] but isn't it just the more scientific term? that would be like me saying "male" is wrong. idk, maybe i'm just not understanding correctly.
Plenilune wrote on 2016-05-16:

but isn't it just the more scientific term? that would be like me saying "male" is wrong. idk, maybe i'm just not understanding correctly.
injG81H.jpeg
ellis, he/him
haikyuu, kpop, ffxiv
always buying oc art
previously erichthonios!
@Inception

I mean outside of an academic sense of the word where it would be appropriate. Outside of that it's just demeaning and feels objectifying
@Inception

I mean outside of an academic sense of the word where it would be appropriate. Outside of that it's just demeaning and feels objectifying
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
Pens. Pens everywhere. Why do they leave their pens all over the place? And then complain about the lack of pens?
I mean it's not the end of the world, but I find them in the weirdest places!

@ImpossibleJedi4 Isn't it kinda neat how differently people "hear" and internalize language?
Pens. Pens everywhere. Why do they leave their pens all over the place? And then complain about the lack of pens?
I mean it's not the end of the world, but I find them in the weirdest places!

@ImpossibleJedi4 Isn't it kinda neat how differently people "hear" and internalize language?
xJ2w989.png
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 112 113