Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you care about dragon genders?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I prefer male dragons because pose wise they look better (like imperials and coatls)
I prefer male dragons because pose wise they look better (like imperials and coatls)
gender is an arbitrary performance and one i dont care for and therefore most of my dragons are cool n trans the end

only matters whats listed on site as the required binary gender as a TICK THIS TO SAY WHAT SIDE OF THE BREEDBOX YOU GO ON MY FRIEND
gender is an arbitrary performance and one i dont care for and therefore most of my dragons are cool n trans the end

only matters whats listed on site as the required binary gender as a TICK THIS TO SAY WHAT SIDE OF THE BREEDBOX YOU GO ON MY FRIEND
Honestly it doesn't really factor into most of my lore. It does bug me if I see a dragon that's the "wrong" pose if they aren't specifically supposed to be trans/etc. so my fandragon that is actually based on a gendered character is a male Pearlcatcher. Even though I don't usually like the male pose for Pearlcatchers I really like how he looks that way anyway. So far all my dragons have been gender=sex because it isn't particularly important to me to have a transgender pixel dragon in my lair and I don't really feel creative enough to put one in my lore.
Honestly it doesn't really factor into most of my lore. It does bug me if I see a dragon that's the "wrong" pose if they aren't specifically supposed to be trans/etc. so my fandragon that is actually based on a gendered character is a male Pearlcatcher. Even though I don't usually like the male pose for Pearlcatchers I really like how he looks that way anyway. So far all my dragons have been gender=sex because it isn't particularly important to me to have a transgender pixel dragon in my lair and I don't really feel creative enough to put one in my lore.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="Lomadia" date=2016-05-04 19:56:13] Gender smender [/quote] Yes. Gender smender. I personally don't really care, it only comes into play for breeding. Lore wise I do tend to stick to their 'assigned' genders. However I do have one dragon in my lair who I bought as a mate for one of my other dragons, said dragon was male and was[i] gay[/i]. I found a really pretty female skydancer while looking for a mate for him. I looked at their possible hatchling outcomes and just.... I awed because they were so adorable. So, I bought the dragon and for lore reasons that dragon is now transgender. I'm keeping a hatchling for a friend of mine who hatched a nest and looked at one of the hatchies and said 'No. That one is MALE!' despite it being female. Said friend is leaving FR for who knows how long so I said that I'd keep the hatchie and his brother as the two are going to be connected for lore reasons that my friend has written out. Since they're busy with school and everything I figured that I would take the time to write out their lore for them (We're roommates and do share a computer and internet access.) as they're unable to. Though, as others have said, it's mostly the pose and such I care about. I for one dislike the male guardian pose because their beards (Although lovely) tend to clash with their primary color quite a bit when their secondary is a different one.
Lomadia wrote on 2016-05-04:
Gender smender

Yes. Gender smender.

I personally don't really care, it only comes into play for breeding.
Lore wise I do tend to stick to their 'assigned' genders.

However I do have one dragon in my lair who I bought as a mate for one of my other dragons, said dragon was male and was gay. I found a really pretty female skydancer while looking for a mate for him.

I looked at their possible hatchling outcomes and just.... I awed because they were so adorable. So, I bought the dragon and for lore reasons that dragon is now transgender.

I'm keeping a hatchling for a friend of mine who hatched a nest and looked at one of the hatchies and said 'No. That one is MALE!' despite it being female. Said friend is leaving FR for who knows how long so I said that I'd keep the hatchie and his brother as the two are going to be connected for lore reasons that my friend has written out.

Since they're busy with school and everything I figured that I would take the time to write out their lore for them (We're roommates and do share a computer and internet access.) as they're unable to.

Though, as others have said, it's mostly the pose and such I care about.
I for one dislike the male guardian pose because their beards (Although lovely) tend to clash with their primary color quite a bit when their secondary is a different one.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
I don't-- I mean, I don't care if they're a boy or a girl so I just go with whatever the sex says it is. If I did care though I wouldn't be afraid to deviate from the sex but eh *shrug*
I don't-- I mean, I don't care if they're a boy or a girl so I just go with whatever the sex says it is. If I did care though I wouldn't be afraid to deviate from the sex but eh *shrug*
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
Nah.

It occasionally surprises me when I go (for instance) to breed a dragon I think of as female and she shows up listed as the "father," but otherwise it really has no impact.
Nah.

It occasionally surprises me when I go (for instance) to breed a dragon I think of as female and she shows up listed as the "father," but otherwise it really has no impact.
_back_day.png
well, if the game didn't classify what is male and what is female, no one would be able to tell the difference anyway. also, no dimorphism.
well, if the game didn't classify what is male and what is female, no one would be able to tell the difference anyway. also, no dimorphism.
@Ankhr
There is dimophism, at least, in a handful of the breeds. Tundra have different fur/mane around the face, Guardian males have the beard, Male pearlcatchers have 2 horns vs. 1 on the female, Ridgeback males have the snooty, etc
@Ankhr
There is dimophism, at least, in a handful of the breeds. Tundra have different fur/mane around the face, Guardian males have the beard, Male pearlcatchers have 2 horns vs. 1 on the female, Ridgeback males have the snooty, etc
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
@Christovski

goes to show that i don't notice genders :p
@Christovski

goes to show that i don't notice genders :p
tbh, the only time i care is when i buy a dragon to breed, but realize i put the wrong gender xDD but even then i end up keeping them because they're all too cute and im a terrible hoarder whoops xD
tbh, the only time i care is when i buy a dragon to breed, but realize i put the wrong gender xDD but even then i end up keeping them because they're all too cute and im a terrible hoarder whoops xD
JNq0Ryb.pngtumblr_p6m92rH3MJ1w8xkufo5_250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8