Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you care about dragon genders?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Ankhr
Well they could be whatever gender, but yeah there are differences between the sexes at least. I generally only notice per the pose, for the longest time I thought all breeds were sexually dimorphus until I realized it was the pose tricking me (like Coatl's feathered crests being angled differently) so there were few.

I only noticed Pearlcatchers when I went to make Unicorn dragons and was like OOPS males have 2 horns...
@Ankhr
Well they could be whatever gender, but yeah there are differences between the sexes at least. I generally only notice per the pose, for the longest time I thought all breeds were sexually dimorphus until I realized it was the pose tricking me (like Coatl's feathered crests being angled differently) so there were few.

I only noticed Pearlcatchers when I went to make Unicorn dragons and was like OOPS males have 2 horns...
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
Nope! I have a lot of male OCs and I represent them with male or female dragons depending on a lot of things. I dont see the point of sticking strictly to the gender.
Nope! I have a lot of male OCs and I represent them with male or female dragons depending on a lot of things. I dont see the point of sticking strictly to the gender.
QXokmAc.pngtumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngWEcoFAH.png
My headcanon is that there is no such thing as dragon gender.
Males and females don't have different coli stats, apparel can be worn by any dragon regardless of sex, and males and females have the same breeding cooldown, indicating that hatchling-rearing is a joint task. There's no indication that gender roles exist.

My dragons' pronouns are therefore based on their sex, which is the same as it's listed on-site... just because. idk, I just like them to match.

I don't have fandragons so I don't have to worry about a character-perfect-pose belonging to a different sex than the character I'm trying to portray.
My headcanon is that there is no such thing as dragon gender.
Males and females don't have different coli stats, apparel can be worn by any dragon regardless of sex, and males and females have the same breeding cooldown, indicating that hatchling-rearing is a joint task. There's no indication that gender roles exist.

My dragons' pronouns are therefore based on their sex, which is the same as it's listed on-site... just because. idk, I just like them to match.

I don't have fandragons so I don't have to worry about a character-perfect-pose belonging to a different sex than the character I'm trying to portray.
SshqD6Q.png
All except 4 of my dragons just go by the sex they got, 4 of them are oc dergs who are all canonically agender. Lucifer doesn't care about pronouns, so call him whatever you like. ( he appears pretty androgynous in the first place) Michael prefers they and male pronouns, Gabriel prefers she and they pronouns and Raphael prefers male pronouns only.

Oh almost forgot about my "self" dragon who's genderfluid (cuz I'm genderfluid) :D

All except 4 of my dragons just go by the sex they got, 4 of them are oc dergs who are all canonically agender. Lucifer doesn't care about pronouns, so call him whatever you like. ( he appears pretty androgynous in the first place) Michael prefers they and male pronouns, Gabriel prefers she and they pronouns and Raphael prefers male pronouns only.

Oh almost forgot about my "self" dragon who's genderfluid (cuz I'm genderfluid) :D

DVcXRyP.png
@Starshallow

Define caring? If I make or read bios I do think about genders sometimes. Otherwise not so much. If someone stats in their dragons bio that this is a male dragon that its a male... But I don't really care either in the sense I would be offended or anything if someone says a female sex dragon has a male gender. Its the same in RL right? Why should I care if person XYZ is this or that if all I care about is if they are nice to me and my family or not. XD
@Starshallow

Define caring? If I make or read bios I do think about genders sometimes. Otherwise not so much. If someone stats in their dragons bio that this is a male dragon that its a male... But I don't really care either in the sense I would be offended or anything if someone says a female sex dragon has a male gender. Its the same in RL right? Why should I care if person XYZ is this or that if all I care about is if they are nice to me and my family or not. XD
I have a couple of dragons I refer too as the opposing gender, and I think it's gotten pretty common actually? Or at least I'm seeing it more and more :3
I have a couple of dragons I refer too as the opposing gender, and I think it's gotten pretty common actually? Or at least I'm seeing it more and more :3
tumblr_od1uximnHM1ve0uy5o4_250.pngtumblr_od1uximnHM1ve0uy5o1_250.pngtumblr_od1uximnHM1ve0uy5o3_250.pngtumblr_od1uximnHM1ve0uy5o2_250.png
Kinda, I buy dragons depending on their gender because I like them more in a certain gender than another (I like more females ridgebacks than males, males coatls than females, and females PC to males)
Kinda, I buy dragons depending on their gender because I like them more in a certain gender than another (I like more females ridgebacks than males, males coatls than females, and females PC to males)
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
[quote name="Huntclaw" date=2016-04-27 20:51:03] Transgender dragons, wheee~ [/quote] ^ This, but no its never bothered me |D *Shrug*
Huntclaw wrote on 2016-04-27:
Transgender dragons, wheee~
^ This, but no its never bothered me |D *Shrug*
Zayne or Drago, He/they, graphics designer, artist, writer, dragon lover!
2WpxpdQ.pnggkThUVR.pngf8Z4eyX.png
Doesn't matter except for that one time when I tried to breed two male dragons.
Doesn't matter except for that one time when I tried to breed two male dragons.
Mg9qSuP.gif
Only for certain breeds' poses - though even then it's not necessarily a guarantee, since there's something out there that can make it work.

All of my dragons are trans tbh. All of them.
Only for certain breeds' poses - though even then it's not necessarily a guarantee, since there's something out there that can make it work.

All of my dragons are trans tbh. All of them.
2drwvZa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8