Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR Reptile Owners Association
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 189 190
@Azlynn her name is Moose, but we call her Monster Moose because she's a big fatty. I mean not really, but she's a big girl.

I actually don't really know the story behind her scar . I got her and her sister from another mister Jere Bear (who I recently lost in a devastating accident) from a friend of mine. When I first met her and when she came into my care she had a really long, open wound on her belly.

Allegedly, the people my friends got her from, tried to help her shed and ended up ripping off all her belly scutes in the process.

I don't know if that's true, I don't know what happened. I just know she came into my care with a bad wound, and me and my SO nursed her back to health.
@Azlynn her name is Moose, but we call her Monster Moose because she's a big fatty. I mean not really, but she's a big girl.

I actually don't really know the story behind her scar . I got her and her sister from another mister Jere Bear (who I recently lost in a devastating accident) from a friend of mine. When I first met her and when she came into my care she had a really long, open wound on her belly.

Allegedly, the people my friends got her from, tried to help her shed and ended up ripping off all her belly scutes in the process.

I don't know if that's true, I don't know what happened. I just know she came into my care with a bad wound, and me and my SO nursed her back to health.
q5wK1gN.pngstonesig_by_bajanmightyena-daflnui%20sig%20size_zpsrouqlt49.pngtRc9wm7.png1o57V8Q.jpgvNSClVq.jpg
@azlyn i got to buy a fish but instead got a lil newt (he stared at me threw the glass and looked sad so i needed him....) he is only 3 months old (i got him at one)
@azlyn i got to buy a fish but instead got a lil newt (he stared at me threw the glass and looked sad so i needed him....) he is only 3 months old (i got him at one)
345jtyw.jpg
@Azlynn Ahhhh this is cool! I didn't know this existed! Can I be added, please? I have a lovely leopard gecko. Her name is Tiger, and she's my pride and joy. <3 [img]http://i67.tinypic.com/etumjc.jpg[/img] Edit: Woah, the image got turned sideways for some reason... strange. Whatever! :P
@Azlynn

Ahhhh this is cool! I didn't know this existed! Can I be added, please? I have a lovely leopard gecko. Her name is Tiger, and she's my pride and joy. <3

etumjc.jpg

Edit: Woah, the image got turned sideways for some reason... strange. Whatever! :P
fXe8RGd.png fc4zvun.png
mlHpBMC.png

rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
FObX7rS.png
AMuKTn8.pngcandle-smol.png
@Azlynn Yeah, I'd love to be added! Here's my lizzer, Hexadecimal, or Hex. She's a shy little Mali uro. [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/27a403c88f0280b5fd7de06010e241de/tumblr_o3wbosuKuh1v7mbcmo1_1280.jpg[/img] And here's my room mate's, Kaladin or Kal. He's a Ornate uro. :3 And a little squiggling snot wad. [img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/d7639b58209456eb1f316484218833b3/tumblr_o4avy8sQWU1v7mbcmo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Azlynn
Yeah, I'd love to be added!

Here's my lizzer, Hexadecimal, or Hex. She's a shy little Mali uro.
tumblr_o3wbosuKuh1v7mbcmo1_1280.jpg

And here's my room mate's, Kaladin or Kal. He's a Ornate uro. :3 And a little squiggling snot wad.
tumblr_o4avy8sQWU1v7mbcmo1_1280.jpg
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
@RiniDew
how big do they get? o.o

@PebblesV
aw poor baby...it's a good thing you took her in and helped her heal.

@XxLillimxX
any pics of him? what's his name?

@sarasnake99
sure thing! cute gecko :)

@Eliatrope
aaa i love Uros, they're so flat and spiky and grumpy-looking <3 i'll add you right away!
@RiniDew
how big do they get? o.o

@PebblesV
aw poor baby...it's a good thing you took her in and helped her heal.

@XxLillimxX
any pics of him? what's his name?

@sarasnake99
sure thing! cute gecko :)

@Eliatrope
aaa i love Uros, they're so flat and spiky and grumpy-looking <3 i'll add you right away!
@Eliatrope what a cute couple of babbys!!! So handsome. So beautiful.
@Eliatrope what a cute couple of babbys!!! So handsome. So beautiful.
q5wK1gN.pngstonesig_by_bajanmightyena-daflnui%20sig%20size_zpsrouqlt49.pngtRc9wm7.png1o57V8Q.jpgvNSClVq.jpg
@azlynn nano newman the first (newman) and ill post pic next time i hold him (i moved him to a different tank so I'm letting him get used to it first)
@azlynn nano newman the first (newman) and ill post pic next time i hold him (i moved him to a different tank so I'm letting him get used to it first)
345jtyw.jpg
@PebblesV @Glitterkaiju @Ren @Yield
pinging some ball python bros...

so, back when i was a new snake owner, i didn't realize that physically pulling stuck shed off was bad, and when Pancake had rough sheds i'd pull it off...if i could go back and slap myself i would. anyways, i'm unsure if this is related to that, but now he has scales along his sides that don't quite lay flat? they stick out even when he's not all scrunched up and/or slithering somewhere. i guess my question is should i be concerned? they don't seem to cause him any pain or anything...
@PebblesV @Glitterkaiju @Ren @Yield
pinging some ball python bros...

so, back when i was a new snake owner, i didn't realize that physically pulling stuck shed off was bad, and when Pancake had rough sheds i'd pull it off...if i could go back and slap myself i would. anyways, i'm unsure if this is related to that, but now he has scales along his sides that don't quite lay flat? they stick out even when he's not all scrunched up and/or slithering somewhere. i guess my question is should i be concerned? they don't seem to cause him any pain or anything...
@Azlynn

Pulling skin off is fine if you do it right. I've had to 'force' shed snakes before. If your snake cant shed properly, or doesn't shed all off soak in water that is about the same temp as the tank. After about 15 minute let the snake slither through your hands and gently rub the area.

The scales will correct themselves after a couple normal sheds. I have two rainbow boas I breed that only eat live. One got its scales pulled up from a rat kicking at it. Its been like 4 months with 4 sheds and his scales are perfectly fine now.

On another note, if your snake is not shedding in one fluid piece or not all his shed is removed you've got a problem with water and the tank. Either snake is dehydrated or not enough humidity for that breed of snake. My rainbow boas need like 90% humidity. I modified their tank a little and its pretty easy to keep now. #proudofself
@Azlynn

Pulling skin off is fine if you do it right. I've had to 'force' shed snakes before. If your snake cant shed properly, or doesn't shed all off soak in water that is about the same temp as the tank. After about 15 minute let the snake slither through your hands and gently rub the area.

The scales will correct themselves after a couple normal sheds. I have two rainbow boas I breed that only eat live. One got its scales pulled up from a rat kicking at it. Its been like 4 months with 4 sheds and his scales are perfectly fine now.

On another note, if your snake is not shedding in one fluid piece or not all his shed is removed you've got a problem with water and the tank. Either snake is dehydrated or not enough humidity for that breed of snake. My rainbow boas need like 90% humidity. I modified their tank a little and its pretty easy to keep now. #proudofself
al2p7n.jpg
hey!! i have three ball pythons and a leopard gecko!! they are my little baby beans and i love them. ;-; one of my balls is a nasty son of a gun who likes to strike at anything. [img]http://puu.sh/oo0IC/c752c1c659.jpg[/img] that's my baby girl Pandora! my smallest snake. she's a black back plack pastel ball python. phew, long name.
hey!! i have three ball pythons and a leopard gecko!! they are my little baby beans and i love them. ;-;

one of my balls is a nasty son of a gun who likes to strike at anything.

c752c1c659.jpg

that's my baby girl Pandora! my smallest snake. she's a black back plack pastel ball python. phew, long name.
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 189 190