Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games you dislike that everyone loves?
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I don't really like Splatoon. It seems kind of fun but it's also weird, and so many people play it (A Minecraft youtuber I watched just to know upcoming updates for the game pretty much does only Splatoon now.) that I kind of resent it.

Also I don't have a Wii U so there's that.
I don't really like Splatoon. It seems kind of fun but it's also weird, and so many people play it (A Minecraft youtuber I watched just to know upcoming updates for the game pretty much does only Splatoon now.) that I kind of resent it.

Also I don't have a Wii U so there's that.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
Oddly enough, I think Fallout 4 qualifies as this for me. I don't exactly dislike it, more like I'm very mixed and have complicated feelings toward it which requires some context.

I came into the Fallout series with the release of Fallout 3 which made me fall in love with the series. I played New Vegas and in preparation for Fallout 4, played the original Fallout. I waited five years for Fallout 4 to come out and I can already hear people saying the only reason I don't like it is because I hyped myself up too much. I knew realistically that it could never live up to my expectations and I would feel fine liking it for what it is. Sadly, what it is isn't very good or engaging. I definitely had fun with the game, but the quote "an endless ocean with the depth of a puddle" comes to mind. The blatant dissonance between character vs player agency baffles me when Skyrim did it so well, the lack of interesting or branching dialogue options left a bad taste in my mouth, and the completely uneccessary and inflexible backstory forced upon the player made me care so very little for the person I was supposed to be seeing through the eyes of. Truth is, I was never playing my own character - I was playing Bethesda's character. Needless to say, I've hopped back to Fallout 3 (still waiting for New Vegas to be backwards compatible), and only put 4 on when I'm bored and have limited options.
Oddly enough, I think Fallout 4 qualifies as this for me. I don't exactly dislike it, more like I'm very mixed and have complicated feelings toward it which requires some context.

I came into the Fallout series with the release of Fallout 3 which made me fall in love with the series. I played New Vegas and in preparation for Fallout 4, played the original Fallout. I waited five years for Fallout 4 to come out and I can already hear people saying the only reason I don't like it is because I hyped myself up too much. I knew realistically that it could never live up to my expectations and I would feel fine liking it for what it is. Sadly, what it is isn't very good or engaging. I definitely had fun with the game, but the quote "an endless ocean with the depth of a puddle" comes to mind. The blatant dissonance between character vs player agency baffles me when Skyrim did it so well, the lack of interesting or branching dialogue options left a bad taste in my mouth, and the completely uneccessary and inflexible backstory forced upon the player made me care so very little for the person I was supposed to be seeing through the eyes of. Truth is, I was never playing my own character - I was playing Bethesda's character. Needless to say, I've hopped back to Fallout 3 (still waiting for New Vegas to be backwards compatible), and only put 4 on when I'm bored and have limited options.
1Wa1sIi.gif
FNAF. I've never understood the appeal.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[quote name="Fantelle" date=2016-04-12 11:21:26] FNAF. I've never understood the appeal. [/quote] Same. Other than that there haven't been a lot of games I've really disliked, though. Unless the plot is bad or the mechanics/graphics are atrocious, the only thing that can kill a game for me is if it gets ridiculously overhyped and I just get sick of seeing it.
Fantelle wrote on 2016-04-12:

Same.

Other than that there haven't been a lot of games I've really disliked, though. Unless the plot is bad or the mechanics/graphics are atrocious, the only thing that can kill a game for me is if it gets ridiculously overhyped and I just get sick of seeing it.
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
Not a fan of the Halo series. It's just something I've not been able to get into really
Not a fan of the Halo series. It's just something I've not been able to get into really
tastefulmarketing.gif
I don't like Sonic, I don't really know why.
There's also this game that I love but everyone dislikes: Fable III
I don't like Sonic, I don't really know why.
There's also this game that I love but everyone dislikes: Fable III
XkyNy2i.png
undertale and all of the dragon age games

mostly because.... overhype and they are not that interesting

also fandoms :<
undertale and all of the dragon age games

mostly because.... overhype and they are not that interesting

also fandoms :<
- Fighting games that exist just for jiggle physics and exaggerated violence. I can't believe nobody mentioned them yet.

- Most of the "classic" Sega and Nintendo (and whatever) games. Sonic, Mario, Donkey Kong... ugh. The older Pokemon games were kind of boring too.

- Those FPS, you know which ones. Fight the war, shoot some people, explode things... how many of these games there are already?

- Sport games. I've yet to find one that isn't boring as frick.

- Korean MMOs oh god. And well, MMOs with very weird userbase (I'm looking at you, Second Life).

- Games like LoL and WoW were fukbois and nerds who play the entire day in their mom's basement think they're superior to the newbies.

- GTA, and parents who let their kids play this trash the entire day.

- I don't hate Kingdom Hearts, but I never really undertood it as a kid. Or as an adult. Some mechanics where kinda bad too, and sometimes those "crossovers" were really awkward. I still love Roxas, Axel and Demyx owo

- The Sims 4 isn't so great in comparation to the evolution of the other games.

- That SJW petsite with glittery animals haha

- I don't like Dragon Age for the game itself, the characters and part of the lore are the only good things about it. DA: Origins didn't really click me. FRICK THE DEEP ROADS AND FADE UHGHG. Honestly, I only played until the end for Morrigan (why u no gay) and Zevran. DA II story was kind of boring?? I think it showed a different perspective of the war, the people's side u kno, but it could had been better played. It was sooooo tedious at times. I LOVED all the characters tho, HEART EYES EVERYONE. I am too poor to buy Inquisition lmao

impopular opinion: FFXII is my fave of all the series, and I don't think the popular ones were so great
- Fighting games that exist just for jiggle physics and exaggerated violence. I can't believe nobody mentioned them yet.

- Most of the "classic" Sega and Nintendo (and whatever) games. Sonic, Mario, Donkey Kong... ugh. The older Pokemon games were kind of boring too.

- Those FPS, you know which ones. Fight the war, shoot some people, explode things... how many of these games there are already?

- Sport games. I've yet to find one that isn't boring as frick.

- Korean MMOs oh god. And well, MMOs with very weird userbase (I'm looking at you, Second Life).

- Games like LoL and WoW were fukbois and nerds who play the entire day in their mom's basement think they're superior to the newbies.

- GTA, and parents who let their kids play this trash the entire day.

- I don't hate Kingdom Hearts, but I never really undertood it as a kid. Or as an adult. Some mechanics where kinda bad too, and sometimes those "crossovers" were really awkward. I still love Roxas, Axel and Demyx owo

- The Sims 4 isn't so great in comparation to the evolution of the other games.

- That SJW petsite with glittery animals haha

- I don't like Dragon Age for the game itself, the characters and part of the lore are the only good things about it. DA: Origins didn't really click me. FRICK THE DEEP ROADS AND FADE UHGHG. Honestly, I only played until the end for Morrigan (why u no gay) and Zevran. DA II story was kind of boring?? I think it showed a different perspective of the war, the people's side u kno, but it could had been better played. It was sooooo tedious at times. I LOVED all the characters tho, HEART EYES EVERYONE. I am too poor to buy Inquisition lmao

impopular opinion: FFXII is my fave of all the series, and I don't think the popular ones were so great
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
@Hiros

If you can ever get Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'd recommend it. :b Like, I played Origins for a while, but it was really clunky and difficult to manage for some reason, so I quit. Dragon Age 2 was rough around the edges because it was rushed -- the team was kind of pushed to produce faster than they should have, and a lot of people didn't like that it was basically only set in Kirkwall, ignoring the fact that the events that happen in Kirkwall are huge in relation to the entirety of the war happening. The first hour of Inquisition is...aaaaa but otherwise it's pretty spot on.
@Hiros

If you can ever get Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'd recommend it. :b Like, I played Origins for a while, but it was really clunky and difficult to manage for some reason, so I quit. Dragon Age 2 was rough around the edges because it was rushed -- the team was kind of pushed to produce faster than they should have, and a lot of people didn't like that it was basically only set in Kirkwall, ignoring the fact that the events that happen in Kirkwall are huge in relation to the entirety of the war happening. The first hour of Inquisition is...aaaaa but otherwise it's pretty spot on.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
SONIC....
SONIC....
tEaYRfe.pnguZVrIJZ.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30