Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games you dislike that everyone loves?
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30
[quote name="Enoch" date=2016-03-19 18:02:14] But what about games that we love that everyone else dislikes? Why is there no thread for that? ;___; [/quote] Nothing stopping you from starting your own :)
Enoch wrote on 2016-03-19:
But what about games that we love that everyone else dislikes?
Why is there no thread for that? ;___;

Nothing stopping you from starting your own :)
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
I really... Don't care for any of the LoZ games. The lore, the playstyle, just really don't appeal to me. :x It's kinda boring and confusing to me, in fact. I'm also not quite into pokemon despite having several of the games...
I really... Don't care for any of the LoZ games. The lore, the playstyle, just really don't appeal to me. :x It's kinda boring and confusing to me, in fact. I'm also not quite into pokemon despite having several of the games...
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
@VashTheStampede

And, while the first few times a labyrinthine crypt is pretty cool, getting lost gets old fast. (And don't forget radiant quests, where they just randomize the same quest multiple times to add more hours.)
@VashTheStampede

And, while the first few times a labyrinthine crypt is pretty cool, getting lost gets old fast. (And don't forget radiant quests, where they just randomize the same quest multiple times to add more hours.)
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
@VashTheStampede Agreed. Man those glitches were... yup. It would constantly freeze, generally after going to 10 fps for around 10 minutes. I actually could never finish it since at some point it would literally become unplayable! I actually felt personally offended that the Spyro franchise would be treated like that after Insomniac dropped it. I never played any others after that, and judged them based on my experience of Enter the Dragonfly, so I probably shouldn't be so quick in criticizing the others ^^; Yeah, that's true. Well, COD has the massive multiplayer community going for it (does Skylanders have a multiplayer aspect??) and I'm sort of under the impression that's a big part of why it's stayed alive for so long. Granted, I don't know crap about the story sooooo *shrugs loudly*. Okay I'm looking at Wikipedia on Ener the Dragonfly and I just: [quote=Wikipedia] Ted Price, the President of Insomniac Games, even spoke out about how bad he thought it was. Price said in an interview, "Spyro has become an abused stepchild... Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly on PS2 and Gamecube was an absolute travesty"[/quote] I'm laughing right now oh my god.
@VashTheStampede Agreed. Man those glitches were... yup. It would constantly freeze, generally after going to 10 fps for around 10 minutes. I actually could never finish it since at some point it would literally become unplayable! I actually felt personally offended that the Spyro franchise would be treated like that after Insomniac dropped it.

I never played any others after that, and judged them based on my experience of Enter the Dragonfly, so I probably shouldn't be so quick in criticizing the others ^^;

Yeah, that's true. Well, COD has the massive multiplayer community going for it (does Skylanders have a multiplayer aspect??) and I'm sort of under the impression that's a big part of why it's stayed alive for so long. Granted, I don't know crap about the story sooooo *shrugs loudly*.

Okay I'm looking at Wikipedia on Ener the Dragonfly and I just:

Wikipedia wrote:
Ted Price, the President of Insomniac Games, even spoke out about how bad he thought it was. Price said in an interview, "Spyro has become an abused stepchild... Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly on PS2 and Gamecube was an absolute travesty"

I'm laughing right now oh my god.
cloudscape_sanct_edit_by_boundaryinbetween-d9s08rm.jpg
I dislike the WII/WIIU versions of Donky Kong Country.

I loved the game on my SNES and i even own all three of the DKC games on it.
When i first heard of DKC returns i felt happy that Rareware would come back on such an old game.

But the i got to playing Returns, it was terrible. Half of the levels i liked were totally trashed and not what they were, good.

The game felt rather simple and lacked the hard components the previous three had.
It was a mistake

Also i won't like Tropical freeze because why would there be ice on a tropical island?
Why does that walrus guy want the island?
WHY IS CRANKY A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME???

Also WiiU sucks, i don't care how many games i miss out on i won't get that thing in my home, i'd rzther play the awful Sonic bootleg games then play on a WiiU
I dislike the WII/WIIU versions of Donky Kong Country.

I loved the game on my SNES and i even own all three of the DKC games on it.
When i first heard of DKC returns i felt happy that Rareware would come back on such an old game.

But the i got to playing Returns, it was terrible. Half of the levels i liked were totally trashed and not what they were, good.

The game felt rather simple and lacked the hard components the previous three had.
It was a mistake

Also i won't like Tropical freeze because why would there be ice on a tropical island?
Why does that walrus guy want the island?
WHY IS CRANKY A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME???

Also WiiU sucks, i don't care how many games i miss out on i won't get that thing in my home, i'd rzther play the awful Sonic bootleg games then play on a WiiU
81389134_qA9maBUq3mcLDGv.png
@happytriangles The glitches also prevented me from finishing the game too. I think I made it to the final boss at some point, but there's no way I can 100% it when it has a nasty tendancy of freezing in certain places in certain levels which makes it impossible to collect everything. And don't forget the monstrosity that was the loading times...

Don't let the mess that Enter the dragonfly was put you off from trying the games that came after it, A hero's tail and The legend of Spyro trilogy are pretty good, definitely better than that trainwreck! And atleast Insomniac acknowledge that Enter the dragonfly was a horrendous mess!

Yeah, COD's popularity is more to do with the online multiplayer than the single player campaign these days, Skylanders doesn't have any online multiplayer features to keep people returning to it.
@happytriangles The glitches also prevented me from finishing the game too. I think I made it to the final boss at some point, but there's no way I can 100% it when it has a nasty tendancy of freezing in certain places in certain levels which makes it impossible to collect everything. And don't forget the monstrosity that was the loading times...

Don't let the mess that Enter the dragonfly was put you off from trying the games that came after it, A hero's tail and The legend of Spyro trilogy are pretty good, definitely better than that trainwreck! And atleast Insomniac acknowledge that Enter the dragonfly was a horrendous mess!

Yeah, COD's popularity is more to do with the online multiplayer than the single player campaign these days, Skylanders doesn't have any online multiplayer features to keep people returning to it.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
@happytriangles yeah, i can feel you after the original trilogy (sometimes the originals build up such a rosy tint that it's hard to see it move forward) but if you need a post-trilogy Spyro game that still seems like it's keeping a little true to the Spyro name, I'd check out Spyro: a Hero's Tail. Spyro can get a bit whiny at times but for the most part it keeps consistent (although Hunter gets a bit more competent, I suppose)
@happytriangles yeah, i can feel you after the original trilogy (sometimes the originals build up such a rosy tint that it's hard to see it move forward) but if you need a post-trilogy Spyro game that still seems like it's keeping a little true to the Spyro name, I'd check out Spyro: a Hero's Tail. Spyro can get a bit whiny at times but for the most part it keeps consistent (although Hunter gets a bit more competent, I suppose)
.gif.gif.gif.gifbGzBy.gif
@VashTheStampede @happytriangles
I had no idea Enter the Dragonfly was frowned upon that much. It was actually one of the first games I got when I got my first console and I like it >>;;; I mean the original trilogy was why I bought EtD (watch my cousin play the originals). I never touched A Hero's Tail and loved the story of the Legend of Spyro trilogy (tho the constant change of voice actor for Sparx drove me nuts).

Jumping on the bandwagon for hating all 'remakes' of CoD and EA sports games in general. I prefer games with more plot substance like the Metal Gear series if I play the modern war theme.

LoL is another I can't understand the popularity. I go to a place like PAX and it's EVERYWHERE, LIKE WHYYYYY???? WHERE ARE THE OTHER MMO GAMES??? Friends have asked me to play it multiple times, but it's not my thing when it comes to MMOs.
@VashTheStampede @happytriangles
I had no idea Enter the Dragonfly was frowned upon that much. It was actually one of the first games I got when I got my first console and I like it >>;;; I mean the original trilogy was why I bought EtD (watch my cousin play the originals). I never touched A Hero's Tail and loved the story of the Legend of Spyro trilogy (tho the constant change of voice actor for Sparx drove me nuts).

Jumping on the bandwagon for hating all 'remakes' of CoD and EA sports games in general. I prefer games with more plot substance like the Metal Gear series if I play the modern war theme.

LoL is another I can't understand the popularity. I go to a place like PAX and it's EVERYWHERE, LIKE WHYYYYY???? WHERE ARE THE OTHER MMO GAMES??? Friends have asked me to play it multiple times, but it's not my thing when it comes to MMOs.
Yeah I'm in on the S.S. Not Undertale boat.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to get into it. I was watching a popular youtuber play some of it, and I was fascinated by the "spare" mechanic and just what it would mean in a game. But then it was suddenly EVERYWHERE, and everyone was spoiling the game. I still wanted to see the non-spoilery stuff, asked the fandom to kindly tag the spoilers as "spoilers," and got one of the biggest, collective wave of hate mail from any fandom I have ever seen. It was awful. That paired with one mordant encounter with fans after another, and I just can't go anywhere near the game.

Otherwise, I'd have to say it's tied for XCOM and Metal Gear Solid series. XCOM just isn't my kind of game and I don't really get it, and MGS seems to have a tangled, convoluted storyline that sounds like something a preteen wrote and posted on Fanfiction.net.
Yeah I'm in on the S.S. Not Undertale boat.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to get into it. I was watching a popular youtuber play some of it, and I was fascinated by the "spare" mechanic and just what it would mean in a game. But then it was suddenly EVERYWHERE, and everyone was spoiling the game. I still wanted to see the non-spoilery stuff, asked the fandom to kindly tag the spoilers as "spoilers," and got one of the biggest, collective wave of hate mail from any fandom I have ever seen. It was awful. That paired with one mordant encounter with fans after another, and I just can't go anywhere near the game.

Otherwise, I'd have to say it's tied for XCOM and Metal Gear Solid series. XCOM just isn't my kind of game and I don't really get it, and MGS seems to have a tangled, convoluted storyline that sounds like something a preteen wrote and posted on Fanfiction.net.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
*breathes in*
*breathes out*

Call of Duty. Terrible game. While I can't say much for Assassin's Creed being the same, but Call of Duty has such a predictable story line. Easily predictable, and it just makes me wanna wretch when someone mentions that they play COD so much online.

Minecraft. Oh I love this game, my brother having a friend (who I know as well) being a beta tester, but holy damn, if I didn't know that I made good memories with this game, I would have drop kicked this game into oblivion. At least half of the big-name Lets Players on YouTube either have fully Minecraft content/majority of content being Minecraft and it really, really makes me shake my head.

Any sports games: Oh good god. Who thought this was a brilliant idea? I've tried to get into sport games and it just does not click. There's no damn point to them.

Fallout. Oh lord. I really, REALLY wanted to get into Fallout. But..it..........it is just so bland. Even with Fallout 4 out n everything, new thing and so. But like I said about Call of Duty, predictable storyline. Though I give it kudos for having some good fans.

I think that's about it, in terms of games I disliked. Some of them, I like a game from them, but mainly that's because they're something enjoyable I can play to burn my free time.
*breathes in*
*breathes out*

Call of Duty. Terrible game. While I can't say much for Assassin's Creed being the same, but Call of Duty has such a predictable story line. Easily predictable, and it just makes me wanna wretch when someone mentions that they play COD so much online.

Minecraft. Oh I love this game, my brother having a friend (who I know as well) being a beta tester, but holy damn, if I didn't know that I made good memories with this game, I would have drop kicked this game into oblivion. At least half of the big-name Lets Players on YouTube either have fully Minecraft content/majority of content being Minecraft and it really, really makes me shake my head.

Any sports games: Oh good god. Who thought this was a brilliant idea? I've tried to get into sport games and it just does not click. There's no damn point to them.

Fallout. Oh lord. I really, REALLY wanted to get into Fallout. But..it..........it is just so bland. Even with Fallout 4 out n everything, new thing and so. But like I said about Call of Duty, predictable storyline. Though I give it kudos for having some good fans.

I think that's about it, in terms of games I disliked. Some of them, I like a game from them, but mainly that's because they're something enjoyable I can play to burn my free time.
FR+16hr/Australian, They/Them or He/Him pronouns please.
Formerly known as Airwavelysium!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30