Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 113
*excited flailing*

I voted treasure on the genes. Having them drop in the coliseum would be really cool, but if their drop is as rare and random as eggs also really frustrating. @Snowwalls idea of both sounds equally cool, though, treasure market and coliseum drop would give people who can't coli a chance, too.

Also, I am all for the color ranges, checking 512 possible color combination for a breeding project is exhausting. I would LOVE to search for ranges and more than one gene, like red range secondary and Facet or Shimmer. Genes are still doable but with more and more getting released they will get the same problem of too many eventually.
*excited flailing*

I voted treasure on the genes. Having them drop in the coliseum would be really cool, but if their drop is as rare and random as eggs also really frustrating. @Snowwalls idea of both sounds equally cool, though, treasure market and coliseum drop would give people who can't coli a chance, too.

Also, I am all for the color ranges, checking 512 possible color combination for a breeding project is exhausting. I would LOVE to search for ranges and more than one gene, like red range secondary and Facet or Shimmer. Genes are still doable but with more and more getting released they will get the same problem of too many eventually.
zyvrj7C.pngtDeKDnH.png x0CMhAc.png
Wait, can we still have treasure for dragon trades in the 2.0 crossroads if someone wants to do that, or will they have to go on the private auction house now?
Wait, can we still have treasure for dragon trades in the 2.0 crossroads if someone wants to do that, or will they have to go on the private auction house now?
Tztaw1U.png
@Aequorin
How about multiple choices in AH?
I mean, now I can only looking for dragons with all tertiaries or with a specific one. Maybe it's a good idea to allow players to choose more than one option, like - I'm looking for circuit, gembond and underbelly at the same time, so I can choose them together at once.
@Aequorin
How about multiple choices in AH?
I mean, now I can only looking for dragons with all tertiaries or with a specific one. Maybe it's a good idea to allow players to choose more than one option, like - I'm looking for circuit, gembond and underbelly at the same time, so I can choose them together at once.
Uit5yLt.pngLhH7GBi.png
Oh.my.gosh. I am so excited for the additional search parameters.
Oh.my.gosh. I am so excited for the additional search parameters.
pair_cards_copy_by_vet_in_training-d88z130.pngvet_s_place_copy_by_vet_in_training-d85iy7k.pngtrust_tny_copy_by_vet_in_training-d9yykll.pngwhat_do_you_like_about_your_vet_copy_by_vet_in_training-d8jnhoc.pngvet_s_stud_club_copy_by_vet_in_training-d88z10p.png
I like the idea of a gene being in the coliseum. It would definitely add a non-festival motivator to spending time there, but I fear the rarity. I've been on FR since 2013 and I have found perhaps five eggs in the Coliseum not including NotN.
I like the idea of a gene being in the coliseum. It would definitely add a non-festival motivator to spending time there, but I fear the rarity. I've been on FR since 2013 and I have found perhaps five eggs in the Coliseum not including NotN.
mlHpBMC.png
Wind-Network.png
YMPbu9R.png
Another idea with the redesigned AH that I think would be wonderful... being able to search for a specific user's listings. So for example, I could go to the AH and search to see everything that BluePhoenix were selling. This could be really useful for people looking to see if skin / accent designers have new listings, or to see if their favorite hatchery has new dragons.
Another idea with the redesigned AH that I think would be wonderful... being able to search for a specific user's listings. So for example, I could go to the AH and search to see everything that BluePhoenix were selling. This could be really useful for people looking to see if skin / accent designers have new listings, or to see if their favorite hatchery has new dragons.
mlHpBMC.png
Wind-Network.png
YMPbu9R.png
You know what? I'm voting for MP, only because the egg drops suck and it's downright stupid to put genes at the same drop rate. I would love for a coli specific gene, but such a low drop rate is stupid when you can actually get eggs elsewhere, but you won't be able to with this gene. Nice try, staff.
You know what? I'm voting for MP, only because the egg drops suck and it's downright stupid to put genes at the same drop rate. I would love for a coli specific gene, but such a low drop rate is stupid when you can actually get eggs elsewhere, but you won't be able to with this gene. Nice try, staff.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
@Aequorin @Undel

I don't mean to be rude, but...Does the admin team not realize how inaccessible Flight Rising, in general, already is for their disabled players? Separating them from the multitude of mobile players, players with computers of lower capability, and players with short amounts of time to play -- players with disabilities, especially those related to arms/hands/wrists and eyes, are put at a huge disadvantage to abled players.

I understand that not everything can be "catered" to people like me, who is put into a great amount of pain from Coli-grinding. But the idea of sectioning off a core feature of the game to one of the most inaccessible parts of the website is kind of like spitting in my face.

I push myself for Festivals. I actually injured myself for Night of the Nocturne. So many of our events are already coli-centered, and it's difficult enough as it is just to make the money to buy dragons, genes, and trade for gems without the addition of a gene that is just unable to be acquired outside of the Coli.

And the "You can purchase it from other users on the AH" argument doesn't really stand up. If that gene is going to be as rare as eggs, the amount of Scrolls being cycled into the market is gong to be minimal. I'm pretty confident in saying that most eggs on the market come from Scavenging. All but one of the 12 eggs I've gotten over the course of my almost 2 years on this site have been from Scavenging, and other players have a story similar to mine. And the prices on the AH will be astronomical. I wouldn't be surprised to see if they were even more expensive than Gem Genes, and that's not any more accessible to disabled players -- as the biggest money maker on this site...is the Coliseum. I should be able to have a shot to get the Gene for free just like the players who can coli-grinds.

And right now, the Coliseum is broken. It is buggy. It is glitchy. It crashes constantly, and I have a great computer, so it's not my machine. Its drop rates are atrocious. It's tedious and mind-numbing and more of a chore than a game. And it hurts me. It physically causes me pain because there's no keystroke options and I have to click, click, click for hours.

I'm sure that you guys didn't go out of your way to purposely exclude those of us who cannot use the coli, at all or for extended periods. I understand the desire for more ways to acquire genes. I understanding wanting to reward people who coli-grind like mad. But those who can coli-grind already have a huge advantage over those of us who cannot. That's not their fault, it's just how the site is built, but as admins, you guys have the power to try and balance that out. I'm not trying to speak for all the disabled players, but as a disabled person, this is me begging you.

Please don't make something that is a core of Flight Rising borderline completely inaccessible to your disabled players.

(This is a direct message to the admins, so other players: please don't pick my post apart and ping me about it a bunch. I'm really not interested in debating about my capabilities or "unfairness" or how the admins "don't owe me anything" or whatever. Thanks.)
@Aequorin @Undel

I don't mean to be rude, but...Does the admin team not realize how inaccessible Flight Rising, in general, already is for their disabled players? Separating them from the multitude of mobile players, players with computers of lower capability, and players with short amounts of time to play -- players with disabilities, especially those related to arms/hands/wrists and eyes, are put at a huge disadvantage to abled players.

I understand that not everything can be "catered" to people like me, who is put into a great amount of pain from Coli-grinding. But the idea of sectioning off a core feature of the game to one of the most inaccessible parts of the website is kind of like spitting in my face.

I push myself for Festivals. I actually injured myself for Night of the Nocturne. So many of our events are already coli-centered, and it's difficult enough as it is just to make the money to buy dragons, genes, and trade for gems without the addition of a gene that is just unable to be acquired outside of the Coli.

And the "You can purchase it from other users on the AH" argument doesn't really stand up. If that gene is going to be as rare as eggs, the amount of Scrolls being cycled into the market is gong to be minimal. I'm pretty confident in saying that most eggs on the market come from Scavenging. All but one of the 12 eggs I've gotten over the course of my almost 2 years on this site have been from Scavenging, and other players have a story similar to mine. And the prices on the AH will be astronomical. I wouldn't be surprised to see if they were even more expensive than Gem Genes, and that's not any more accessible to disabled players -- as the biggest money maker on this site...is the Coliseum. I should be able to have a shot to get the Gene for free just like the players who can coli-grinds.

And right now, the Coliseum is broken. It is buggy. It is glitchy. It crashes constantly, and I have a great computer, so it's not my machine. Its drop rates are atrocious. It's tedious and mind-numbing and more of a chore than a game. And it hurts me. It physically causes me pain because there's no keystroke options and I have to click, click, click for hours.

I'm sure that you guys didn't go out of your way to purposely exclude those of us who cannot use the coli, at all or for extended periods. I understand the desire for more ways to acquire genes. I understanding wanting to reward people who coli-grind like mad. But those who can coli-grind already have a huge advantage over those of us who cannot. That's not their fault, it's just how the site is built, but as admins, you guys have the power to try and balance that out. I'm not trying to speak for all the disabled players, but as a disabled person, this is me begging you.

Please don't make something that is a core of Flight Rising borderline completely inaccessible to your disabled players.

(This is a direct message to the admins, so other players: please don't pick my post apart and ping me about it a bunch. I'm really not interested in debating about my capabilities or "unfairness" or how the admins "don't owe me anything" or whatever. Thanks.)
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
*whispers* checkboxes to select ranges of colors/genes/breeds in the AH would be a beautiful thing... c:
*whispers* checkboxes to select ranges of colors/genes/breeds in the AH would be a beautiful thing... c:
e072ba50f4e0562645861ad6489fd252.png

2mzi4ux.png
Idk so much about the private flight auction house less chance to sell something.
Idk so much about the private flight auction house less chance to sell something.
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 113