Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Delete Account
1 2 3 4
@Areater

Oh crud, someone necroed it before I posted, haha (why do people even necro, I don't know). Good catch. I don't normally look at the date when replying to front page posts.

Maybe a mod should lock it, then, I think!
@Areater

Oh crud, someone necroed it before I posted, haha (why do people even necro, I don't know). Good catch. I don't normally look at the date when replying to front page posts.

Maybe a mod should lock it, then, I think!
@Kirudon I don't blame you, I've done the same thing before! And you are allowed to necro in the suggestions forum c:
@Kirudon I don't blame you, I've done the same thing before! And you are allowed to necro in the suggestions forum c:
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
@Kirudon

The suggestion forum is one of the exemptions to the necro rule. But yeah people should probably pay more attention to the dates anyway.
@Kirudon

The suggestion forum is one of the exemptions to the necro rule. But yeah people should probably pay more attention to the dates anyway.
First of it would the Administration not the Mods that would have the ability to delete an account.

I do not believe that any account would be deleted though.

I suppose that if a player really wanted their account to be removed then they possibly could contact the Administration and request it, but even then I am not sure that they would do it.

Deleting inactive accounts would not be possible because there have been incidents where players have been gone for months and returned. It would be horrible to have your account gone if that happened.

Sorry no support for the deletion of accounts. If you want to stop playing then you can stop playing. If for some reason, any reason in the future you wanted to come back you would actually have the advantage of not having to wait for a new player registration window to return, you could just pick up where you left off.

If we could delete accounts it could lead to lots of abuse.
First of it would the Administration not the Mods that would have the ability to delete an account.

I do not believe that any account would be deleted though.

I suppose that if a player really wanted their account to be removed then they possibly could contact the Administration and request it, but even then I am not sure that they would do it.

Deleting inactive accounts would not be possible because there have been incidents where players have been gone for months and returned. It would be horrible to have your account gone if that happened.

Sorry no support for the deletion of accounts. If you want to stop playing then you can stop playing. If for some reason, any reason in the future you wanted to come back you would actually have the advantage of not having to wait for a new player registration window to return, you could just pick up where you left off.

If we could delete accounts it could lead to lots of abuse.
@Areater

Oh, really? Well. The more you know.
I bet people are going to be very confused, if any of them are still active, to get pings though!
@Areater

Oh, really? Well. The more you know.
I bet people are going to be very confused, if any of them are still active, to get pings though!
I support being able to delete your own account.

Personally, I have a lot of anxiety about abandoning accounts. I haven't touched Neopets in years, and I couldn't get into it now even if I wanted to, but I still feel anxiety over abandoning that account. And I would feel the same about FR.

Some people have impulse control issues and the ability to delete their account would give them a way to break a cycle. I had a friend once who had to completely stop RPing because she couldn't manage her time well enough, and was failing classes because she spent all of her time RPing. While this is sort of an extreme case, the ability to remove herself from the situation helped her get herself back on track -- for FR players with the same/similar problems, being able to delete their account would be a valuable asset.

Freeing up used names is also a good reason.

I don't support the Admins just deleting inactive accounts, as people go on hiatuses, but if a player legitimately wants to delete their account for good, for whatever reason, then they should be able to do that. It's their account to do what they want with, and that includes deletion.
I support being able to delete your own account.

Personally, I have a lot of anxiety about abandoning accounts. I haven't touched Neopets in years, and I couldn't get into it now even if I wanted to, but I still feel anxiety over abandoning that account. And I would feel the same about FR.

Some people have impulse control issues and the ability to delete their account would give them a way to break a cycle. I had a friend once who had to completely stop RPing because she couldn't manage her time well enough, and was failing classes because she spent all of her time RPing. While this is sort of an extreme case, the ability to remove herself from the situation helped her get herself back on track -- for FR players with the same/similar problems, being able to delete their account would be a valuable asset.

Freeing up used names is also a good reason.

I don't support the Admins just deleting inactive accounts, as people go on hiatuses, but if a player legitimately wants to delete their account for good, for whatever reason, then they should be able to do that. It's their account to do what they want with, and that includes deletion.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
I don't support deleting or 'recycling' inactive account names, but I do support a delete your own account type thing.

I think the best way to go about it (or at least a good way) would be something like this:

1. User hits Delete account button.

2. User is directed to a page that tells what will happen : Email sent, Six Month 'inactive' period in which the person can reactivate the account, no fee, just click a button, at the end of six months, dragons are exalted, and everything else is just deleted. User name freed. User clicks Accept.

3. Email gets sent to user with the standard message "Someone has requested that your account be deleted. If this was not you, please ignore this message' or 'Please get in touch with the Admins at XXX if you did not delete an account deletion' (or something like that)

4 User clicks Yes.

5. User account enters a 6 month 'inactive' period in which the account is basically locked down. The user cannot access the account or do anything with the account (basically the account is marked inactive with a redirect that sends the user who logs in to a page with a 'Do you wish to unlock this account?)

6. At the end of the six months, as stated above, the account is finally deleted with all dragons being exalted to which ever deity the admins decide (user's, first one listed, dragon's, just random) and all items and treasure and gems are just deleted along with the account.
I don't support deleting or 'recycling' inactive account names, but I do support a delete your own account type thing.

I think the best way to go about it (or at least a good way) would be something like this:

1. User hits Delete account button.

2. User is directed to a page that tells what will happen : Email sent, Six Month 'inactive' period in which the person can reactivate the account, no fee, just click a button, at the end of six months, dragons are exalted, and everything else is just deleted. User name freed. User clicks Accept.

3. Email gets sent to user with the standard message "Someone has requested that your account be deleted. If this was not you, please ignore this message' or 'Please get in touch with the Admins at XXX if you did not delete an account deletion' (or something like that)

4 User clicks Yes.

5. User account enters a 6 month 'inactive' period in which the account is basically locked down. The user cannot access the account or do anything with the account (basically the account is marked inactive with a redirect that sends the user who logs in to a page with a 'Do you wish to unlock this account?)

6. At the end of the six months, as stated above, the account is finally deleted with all dragons being exalted to which ever deity the admins decide (user's, first one listed, dragon's, just random) and all items and treasure and gems are just deleted along with the account.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Being able to delete an account comes with too many risks. Maybe a 6 month "inactive" period after the user clicks to delete their account I can agree too. Maybe making it like facebook where if you even dare to log back in you'll be forced to redo the whole process starting with day one. (If you really wanted your account deleted you wouldn't relog back in.)
Being able to delete an account comes with too many risks. Maybe a 6 month "inactive" period after the user clicks to delete their account I can agree too. Maybe making it like facebook where if you even dare to log back in you'll be forced to redo the whole process starting with day one. (If you really wanted your account deleted you wouldn't relog back in.)
@Kirudon I was definitely confused, haha, but I figured it out quick. No worries, happens to the best of us ;) The information would've been more appreciated had I not already known it too.
@Kirudon I was definitely confused, haha, but I figured it out quick. No worries, happens to the best of us ;) The information would've been more appreciated had I not already known it too.
I\'m Awesome.
168aqm1.png
Deviantart | Tumblr
There should be the option of deleting the account. My reason is personal, I am no longer friends with the people who invited me into this and I always forget about this. So please, please make a delete option or inactive option. @L130053banned I think your point is very valid. @Praeses I like your point. There should be a contact button to delete the account. [img]http://content.yardmap.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/YM_Delete_AreYouSure.png[/img]
There should be the option of deleting the account. My reason is personal, I am no longer friends with the people who invited me into this and I always forget about this. So please, please make a delete option or inactive option.

@L130053banned
I think your point is very valid.

@Praeses
I like your point. There should be a contact button to delete the account.

YM_Delete_AreYouSure.png
1 2 3 4