Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SteamPunkMafia Discussion Thread(Done)
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 104 105
[quote name="kirkfan2255" date=2016-01-26 06:06:52] [quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 05:40:08] Look! Vote Count! Silent Voters!!!!! # of public votes in Lynch Thread for Narumitsu: 13 People who voted for Narumitsu: polygone, Wintrymix, DreamAlex, Renaissaince, Detroness, Pawlemagne, Ravinmad, AureaImperatrix, FloatingInSpace, kirkfan2255, SmashedFish, earendils, FunFilledWTFery Actual Vote Count: 20 - So... we have either 7 people with an extra vote or less with more than 2 votes available. Great. # of public votes in Lynch Thread for Wintrymix: 1 People who voted for Wintrymix: Nerrax - coincidence? maybe? Actual Vote Count: 2 - It's possible that Nerrax could possess two votes if one of the criteria for earning your extra vote is to vote publicly in the chat, otherwise we have someone else who thought Wintry is too suspicious and silently voted for them [/quote] Lemme just point out real quick, if the bartender was as injured as naru said they were and they voted for naru but never claimed, that would mess up the vote tally too, if their vote ended up being worth more than before. Speaking of the bartender, though, no bartender death, so they must've gotten healed? [/quote] You have to remember that we don't know for certain if the Bartender is indeed injured. The injury only stemmed from Naru's false claim about being a mugger who both injures and steals a player's items in the night. [s]which was quite detailed now that I think about it... too detailed...[/s] It's possible that the bartender was never injured in N2, but I'd have to check the EotD2 post to make sure. [s]i'm probably wrong about my assumption about the uninjured bartender[/s] It's also possible that the bartender role could be Bulletproof but with a limited number of times they can be bullet proof... I... don't know... I examined all the casualties so far in one of my previous posts and threw out the theory that SoullessRogue was the Vanilla Doctor since their role is colored in green and they're called 'Town Scientist' unlike the MD who could possibly be a bastard version of the Doctor role.
kirkfan2255 wrote on 2016-01-26:
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-26:
Look! Vote Count! Silent Voters!!!!!

# of public votes in Lynch Thread for Narumitsu: 13

People who voted for Narumitsu: polygone, Wintrymix, DreamAlex, Renaissaince, Detroness, Pawlemagne, Ravinmad, AureaImperatrix, FloatingInSpace, kirkfan2255, SmashedFish, earendils, FunFilledWTFery

Actual Vote Count: 20 - So... we have either 7 people with an extra vote or less with more than 2 votes available. Great.

# of public votes in Lynch Thread for Wintrymix: 1

People who voted for Wintrymix: Nerrax - coincidence? maybe?

Actual Vote Count: 2 - It's possible that Nerrax could possess two votes if one of the criteria for earning your extra vote is to vote publicly in the chat, otherwise we have someone else who thought Wintry is too suspicious and silently voted for them

Lemme just point out real quick, if the bartender was as injured as naru said they were and they voted for naru but never claimed, that would mess up the vote tally too, if their vote ended up being worth more than before.

Speaking of the bartender, though, no bartender death, so they must've gotten healed?

You have to remember that we don't know for certain if the Bartender is indeed injured. The injury only stemmed from Naru's false claim about being a mugger who both injures and steals a player's items in the night. which was quite detailed now that I think about it... too detailed...

It's possible that the bartender was never injured in N2, but I'd have to check the EotD2 post to make sure. i'm probably wrong about my assumption about the uninjured bartender It's also possible that the bartender role could be Bulletproof but with a limited number of times they can be bullet proof...

I... don't know... I examined all the casualties so far in one of my previous posts and threw out the theory that SoullessRogue was the Vanilla Doctor since their role is colored in green and they're called 'Town Scientist' unlike the MD who could possibly be a ******* version of the Doctor role.
2v32at4.jpg
Here's Naru's [s]strangely detailed[/s] claim before their impending lynch: [quote name="narumitsu" date=2016-01-24 19:54:24] u guise,,.. ppl usually cannot be online at every second of every day,,,,.,.,,...., o<-< welp. there's no way for me to describe my role/night actions without sounding reeeally sus, which is why i never responded to the questionnaire, but here goes. pinging @ detroness and whoever else was asking for info: i'm a neutral, standalone ~*Street Ruffian*~ with the ability to mug people every night -- i.e. take their items and leave them severely injured. i mugged someone who turned out to be the bartender last night and they HECKED ME UP. /shakes fist now i'm severely injured (the other player almost definitely is too), which means i'm likely to die tonight or the next day in-game. so yeah, i'm not anti-town, but not exactly pro-town either. either way, i am a dead man walking i got nothin' on the accusation that i killed geoff though, so renn is either lying (taking advantage of the "naru is suspicious let's get 'em" thing) or is a 'paranoid' watcher & got inaccurate results. /shrugs! [/quote] Now, this is just a theory, but... is it possible that this could be a living player's role?
Here's Naru's strangely detailed claim before their impending lynch:
narumitsu wrote on 2016-01-24:

u guise,,.. ppl usually cannot be online at every second of every day,,,,.,.,,...., o<-<

welp. there's no way for me to describe my role/night actions without sounding reeeally sus, which is why i never responded to the questionnaire, but here goes. pinging @ detroness and whoever else was asking for info:

i'm a neutral, standalone ~*Street Ruffian*~ with the ability to mug people every night -- i.e. take their items and leave them severely injured. i mugged someone who turned out to be the bartender last night and they HECKED ME UP. /shakes fist

now i'm severely injured (the other player almost definitely is too), which means i'm likely to die tonight or the next day in-game. so yeah, i'm not anti-town, but not exactly pro-town either. either way, i am a dead man walking

i got nothin' on the accusation that i killed geoff though, so renn is either lying (taking advantage of the "naru is suspicious let's get 'em" thing) or is a 'paranoid' watcher & got inaccurate results. /shrugs!

Now, this is just a theory, but... is it possible that this could be a living player's role?
2v32at4.jpg
currently examining EotD1 and EotD2 posts for details I might've missed. be back soon.
currently examining EotD1 and EotD2 posts for details I might've missed. be back soon.
2v32at4.jpg
@Detroness
I did also specify IF the bartender was injured that that could account for it. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, @Wintrymix received information that naru was involved with the bartender - that's TWO players mentioning the bartender, and likely Wintry is town as long as they are telling the truth. That's why I, at least, and I assume others, voted for naru, as the information seemed pretty specific to NOT be legit. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that there was a bartender involved.
@Detroness
I did also specify IF the bartender was injured that that could account for it. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, @Wintrymix received information that naru was involved with the bartender - that's TWO players mentioning the bartender, and likely Wintry is town as long as they are telling the truth. That's why I, at least, and I assume others, voted for naru, as the information seemed pretty specific to NOT be legit. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that there was a bartender involved.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
I'm also inclined to believe the bartender was injured because I highly doubt, with the number of status effects in play, that they escaped unscathed from that encounter. Why have status effects if you're not going to use them? And escaping the mafia kill is one of the best places to use 'severely injured'.
I'm also inclined to believe the bartender was injured because I highly doubt, with the number of status effects in play, that they escaped unscathed from that encounter. Why have status effects if you're not going to use them? And escaping the mafia kill is one of the best places to use 'severely injured'.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
ALSO (I need to remember to keep reading everything), Town Scientist does NOT sound like a medical role imho. I think Scientist is probably someone that could mess with...someone mentioned it very briefly, but idr who it was or what they mentioned, that there were like cogs or gears or something that they could mess with? I feel like Scientist would be more along those lines, NOT healing players. There's probably doctors or medics that fill the healing roles.
ALSO (I need to remember to keep reading everything), Town Scientist does NOT sound like a medical role imho. I think Scientist is probably someone that could mess with...someone mentioned it very briefly, but idr who it was or what they mentioned, that there were like cogs or gears or something that they could mess with? I feel like Scientist would be more along those lines, NOT healing players. There's probably doctors or medics that fill the healing roles.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
[quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08] The next unfortunate order of business to address tonight is the progress of the upstarts attempting to over throw our beloved Royal. The radical movement has advanced their recruitment, and still resists the righteous reign of our Royal.[/quote] Only mentions 'Royal' and strangely - or maybe not so strangely if I'm mucking up my history - is that the word royal has the r capitalized... There's no hint in the context - or maybe I'm just blind as a bat and have forgotten grammar - that Royal implies more than one, so it's just one person? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08]There have been reports throughout the day of missed opportunities, [i]and[/i] and missed targets. What these reports mean fellow citizens, I'm afraid I'm just as in the dark as you.[/quote] Besides the extra 'and' - which is italicized - it seems like a lot of crap went on during N1... The wording implies that people didn't employ their abilities, and that people either missed their target or their target was immune to being targeted or fled/escaped. [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08]A few warnings for all to head, there has been a supposed sighting of a pirate over near the some of the darker and shadier parts of town....[/quote] Again, singular. 'a pirate'. Possibly a survivor role? Third party? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08]Despite the dark times we live in life goes on. The University is still holding classes. The shops remain open and busy. And of course our beloved Royal shall remain upon the thrown. Next we will be looking at the reports of strange mechanical sounds coming from beneath the town. One man claims-- What? Oh my...[/quote] Claims what? Are these strange mechanical sounds from the mafia, a third party? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08]Attention listeners, a young messenger boy has just informed me of some... Unexpected news. [b]It seems as if the mysterious organized crime group has had it with the loud and pretentious Rebels[/b]! After the preliminary examinations, the brutishly mangled body looks to be Geoff, a known activist for the unwelcome revolution.[/quote] Wait. wait. wait! If I'm reading this right - and I sure as hell didn't the first time - then... this could imply that besides the town, there is an opposing third party group that's going AGAINST the rebels. This could also imply that they want the Royal to remain on the throne. Kinda like a... secret service group, maybe. [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-21 20:50:08]And I'm afraid that on that note we are out of time for tonight's report. So remember to avoid dark alley ways, never venture out alone in to the night, and always pay close attention to the details. [/quote] [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04] Today the tourism appeal for our admit-ably odd town has dropped dramatically this afternoon. As will generally happen when the townsfolk lynch a visitor to the town. ThisOneIsBlue was a young lad that had recently left their small hometown out in the country and were Unaligned with any faction of our town. We will have to make due next winter without food deliveries from that small farming village.[/quote] The last sentence is a bit intimidating... Is it just flavor to throw us off? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]More news about the brewing rebellion tonight! There has been claims of a[b] few rather influential and high society citizens agreeing with and pushing for the Rebellion's agenda.[/b] What does this mean for us everyday citizens? I'm afraid we may just have to wait and watch for now.[/quote] That doesn't sound good... I don't think anyone was recruited, but it sounds like scheming behind closed doors is occurring. [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]It sounds like again today there were many people forced to make mistakes, or stay home for one reason or another. Resulting in numerous days worth of actions to be wasted, or inaccurate. I can only say that I hope these sort of things sort themselves out before they cause any serious harm.[/quote] 'many people were forced to make mistakes'? A puppet master type role? 'days worth of actions to be wasted, or inaccurate.' Inaccurate could mean that an investigator accidentally chose a Miller or a Godfather and the result came back incorrectly because both of those roles appear as Town/Non-Mafia. Wasted could mean that people incorrectly used their abilities or the puppet master/s controlled their 'puppets' incorrectly. [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]There was another pirate sighting today, out by the slums and dark alleyways again as well! If you are out in those parts for some reason, I would suggest that you keep your possessions close as pirates are notorious thieves.[/quote] Rereading this and having just reread Naru's false claim... It sounds a lot like what the Pirate's possible role could be... [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]There have been strange whispers lately about those from the university dabbling into things once considered God's domain. And in a similarly startling twist, word has it that there have been some tinkering with no knowledge of what they are doing! We can only hope that these endeavors do not unleash chaos upon us all, and prepare for if it does.[/quote] 'once considered God's domain'? Not God's domain? 'tinkering with no knowledge of what they are doing'? ...sounds like the University Student formerly known as DarthDeadPool [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]And now listeners I'd like to bring up the alarming reports of mechanical clanks and clangs echoing beneath our streets! In fact, just earlier to day I was witness to one such instance where the whole street began to--[/quote] The mafia or another third party? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]Again? I see. And I apologize for the interruption again citizens, but there was an alarming and very destructive battle between the now assumable warring parties down by the Shopping District. There have been no reported deaths as of yet, but I will, as always, endeavor to keep the citizens of our town informed and up to date on the events in our town.[/quote] Sounds like the Rebels vs this unnamed and Royal supporting organization that was implied in D1... Although if this 'battle' was as destructive as it sounds in the report then... shouldn't there be more injured players? [quote name="Ninjacatblue" date=2016-01-23 20:58:04]With that we are just out of time for the rest of tonight's report. So remember to avoid dark alley ways, never venture out alone in to the night, and as always pay close attention to the details.[/quote]
Ninjacatblue wrote on 2016-01-21:
The next unfortunate order of business to address tonight is the progress of the upstarts attempting to over throw our beloved Royal. The radical movement has advanced their recruitment, and still resists the righteous reign of our Royal.

Only mentions 'Royal' and strangely - or maybe not so strangely if I'm mucking up my history - is that the word royal has the r capitalized... There's no hint in the context - or maybe I'm just blind as a bat and have forgotten grammar - that Royal implies more than one, so it's just one person?
There have been reports throughout the day of missed opportunities, and and missed targets. What these reports mean fellow citizens, I'm afraid I'm just as in the dark as you.

Besides the extra 'and' - which is italicized - it seems like a lot of crap went on during N1... The wording implies that people didn't employ their abilities, and that people either missed their target or their target was immune to being targeted or fled/escaped.
A few warnings for all to head, there has been a supposed sighting of a pirate over near the some of the darker and shadier parts of town....

Again, singular. 'a pirate'. Possibly a survivor role? Third party?
Despite the dark times we live in life goes on. The University is still holding classes. The shops remain open and busy. And of course our beloved Royal shall remain upon the thrown.

Next we will be looking at the reports of strange mechanical sounds coming from beneath the town. One man claims-- What? Oh my...

Claims what? Are these strange mechanical sounds from the mafia, a third party?
Attention listeners, a young messenger boy has just informed me of some... Unexpected news. It seems as if the mysterious organized crime group has had it with the loud and pretentious Rebels! After the preliminary examinations, the brutishly mangled body looks to be Geoff, a known activist for the unwelcome revolution.

Wait. wait. wait!

If I'm reading this right - and I sure as hell didn't the first time - then... this could imply that besides the town, there is an opposing third party group that's going AGAINST the rebels. This could also imply that they want the Royal to remain on the throne. Kinda like a... secret service group, maybe.
And I'm afraid that on that note we are out of time for tonight's report. So remember to avoid dark alley ways, never venture out alone in to the night, and always pay close attention to the details.
Ninjacatblue wrote on 2016-01-23:
Today the tourism appeal for our admit-ably odd town has dropped dramatically this afternoon. As will generally happen when the townsfolk lynch a visitor to the town. ThisOneIsBlue was a young lad that had recently left their small hometown out in the country and were Unaligned with any faction of our town. We will have to make due next winter without food deliveries from that small farming village.

The last sentence is a bit intimidating... Is it just flavor to throw us off?
More news about the brewing rebellion tonight! There has been claims of a few rather influential and high society citizens agreeing with and pushing for the Rebellion's agenda. What does this mean for us everyday citizens? I'm afraid we may just have to wait and watch for now.

That doesn't sound good... I don't think anyone was recruited, but it sounds like scheming behind closed doors is occurring.
It sounds like again today there were many people forced to make mistakes, or stay home for one reason or another. Resulting in numerous days worth of actions to be wasted, or inaccurate. I can only say that I hope these sort of things sort themselves out before they cause any serious harm.

'many people were forced to make mistakes'? A puppet master type role?

'days worth of actions to be wasted, or inaccurate.' Inaccurate could mean that an investigator accidentally chose a Miller or a Godfather and the result came back incorrectly because both of those roles appear as Town/Non-Mafia. Wasted could mean that people incorrectly used their abilities or the puppet master/s controlled their 'puppets' incorrectly.

There was another pirate sighting today, out by the slums and dark alleyways again as well! If you are out in those parts for some reason, I would suggest that you keep your possessions close as pirates are notorious thieves.

Rereading this and having just reread Naru's false claim... It sounds a lot like what the Pirate's possible role could be...
There have been strange whispers lately about those from the university dabbling into things once considered God's domain. And in a similarly startling twist, word has it that there have been some tinkering with no knowledge of what they are doing! We can only hope that these endeavors do not unleash chaos upon us all, and prepare for if it does.

'once considered God's domain'? Not God's domain? 'tinkering with no knowledge of what they are doing'? ...sounds like the University Student formerly known as DarthDeadPool
And now listeners I'd like to bring up the alarming reports of mechanical clanks and clangs echoing beneath our streets! In fact, just earlier to day I was witness to one such instance where the whole street began to--

The mafia or another third party?
Again? I see. And I apologize for the interruption again citizens, but there was an alarming and very destructive battle between the now assumable warring parties down by the Shopping District. There have been no reported deaths as of yet, but I will, as always, endeavor to keep the citizens of our town informed and up to date on the events in our town.

Sounds like the Rebels vs this unnamed and Royal supporting organization that was implied in D1... Although if this 'battle' was as destructive as it sounds in the report then... shouldn't there be more injured players?
With that we are just out of time for the rest of tonight's report. So remember to avoid dark alley ways, never venture out alone in to the night, and as always pay close attention to the details.
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="kirkfan2255" date=2016-01-26 06:36:10] @ Detroness I did also specify IF the bartender was injured that that could account for it. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, @ Wintrymix received information that naru was involved with the bartender - that's TWO players mentioning the bartender, and likely Wintry is town as long as they are telling the truth. That's why I, at least, and I assume others, voted for naru, as the information seemed pretty specific to NOT be legit. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that there was a bartender involved. [/quote] Hmmm...
kirkfan2255 wrote on 2016-01-26:
@ Detroness
I did also specify IF the bartender was injured that that could account for it. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, @ Wintrymix received information that naru was involved with the bartender - that's TWO players mentioning the bartender, and likely Wintry is town as long as they are telling the truth. That's why I, at least, and I assume others, voted for naru, as the information seemed pretty specific to NOT be legit. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that there was a bartender involved.

Hmmm...
2v32at4.jpg
This won't be my last post for the day, but probably for the morning. I've got to go. See you guys soon.
This won't be my last post for the day, but probably for the morning. I've got to go. See you guys soon.
2v32at4.jpg
Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.
Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 104 105