Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SteamPunkMafia Discussion Thread(Done)
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 105
@Nerrax

Calm down. We aren't going after you as a person, it's a game. You aren't helping your case by getting angry. It's frustrating, but it's just the game
@Nerrax

Calm down. We aren't going after you as a person, it's a game. You aren't helping your case by getting angry. It's frustrating, but it's just the game
If you had a single flaw
You just could not last forever, could you?
You just could not last for me
Yeah getting angry does nothing but cast more suspicion on you because it means you jumped on the REALLY defensive, like you really didn't want to die... It was a single piece of evidence we got from an investigative role. Winter has proven reliable before (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) which is why people are considering it. There's no need to get snappy...
Yeah getting angry does nothing but cast more suspicion on you because it means you jumped on the REALLY defensive, like you really didn't want to die... It was a single piece of evidence we got from an investigative role. Winter has proven reliable before (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) which is why people are considering it. There's no need to get snappy...
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 05:41:56]Feel free to not answer this question if you feel it will incriminate your partner, but... remind me again, you can 'employ' the bootler (?) correct? Tell them what to do? [/quote] Yes, Bootler is someone I employ to do my work. I don't really think anything stops this from working because it's more of an item than an ability I use. The abilities tied to my role are ones that are meant to help my personal win condition -- Though I haven't had to use them yet. The possibility of Millers being brought up is interesting too, but I'd like to believe that since I'm [b]watching[/b] them and not [b]investigating their role[/b] per say that this shouldn't really have an effect on me. I.e. It's more of someone witnessing the crime rather than investigating it. Anyway, I promised to go into detail about this so I will! The killing was in a rather cold fashion, with mention that Bootler was lucky to have not been spotted. The kill was clean, and rather efficient -- This wasn't no ordinary killer, it was someone that knew what they were doing. Two things comes to my mind and it's either Mafia, or an SK. Either way it's not something we want to have around because it'll hurt the Town as it already has.
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-26:
Feel free to not answer this question if you feel it will incriminate your partner, but... remind me again, you can 'employ' the bootler (?) correct? Tell them what to do?

Yes, Bootler is someone I employ to do my work. I don't really think anything stops this from working because it's more of an item than an ability I use. The abilities tied to my role are ones that are meant to help my personal win condition -- Though I haven't had to use them yet.

The possibility of Millers being brought up is interesting too, but I'd like to believe that since I'm watching them and not investigating their role per say that this shouldn't really have an effect on me. I.e. It's more of someone witnessing the crime rather than investigating it.

Anyway, I promised to go into detail about this so I will!

The killing was in a rather cold fashion, with mention that Bootler was lucky to have not been spotted. The kill was clean, and rather efficient -- This wasn't no ordinary killer, it was someone that knew what they were doing.

Two things comes to my mind and it's either Mafia, or an SK. Either way it's not something we want to have around because it'll hurt the Town as it already has.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
I think instead of a SK, the flavor may be an Assassin.

If so, they may be a godfather of sorts. Assassins are generally skilled and crafty and very good at hiding.
I think instead of a SK, the flavor may be an Assassin.

If so, they may be a godfather of sorts. Assassins are generally skilled and crafty and very good at hiding.
If you had a single flaw
Coughs. Not really relevant, considering they'e already been watched. But I've been playing a lot of Dishonored recently and Steampunk dystopian assassins are my thing now
Coughs. Not really relevant, considering they'e already been watched. But I've been playing a lot of Dishonored recently and Steampunk dystopian assassins are my thing now
If you had a single flaw
[quote name="@Nerrax" date=2016-01-26 08:36:24] Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'. [/quote] /raises eyebrow way, way up Yeah, okay. See, there's no "coincidental" evidence here--this is based on @Wintrymix's claimed investigate, which has been reliable once. And with your uber defensive response? Yeaaahhh. Speaking of that vote for Wintry, still don't like that you you sheeped it. But makes sense, since you didn't want to vote for your scumbuddy narumitsu. So you're most likely mafia, as opposed to SK.
@Nerrax wrote on 2016-01-26:
Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.

/raises eyebrow way, way up

Yeah, okay. See, there's no "coincidental" evidence here--this is based on @Wintrymix's claimed investigate, which has been reliable once. And with your uber defensive response? Yeaaahhh.

Speaking of that vote for Wintry, still don't like that you you sheeped it. But makes sense, since you didn't want to vote for your scumbuddy narumitsu. So you're most likely mafia, as opposed to SK.
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
[quote name="Nerrax" date=2016-01-26 08:36:24] Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm*[/quote] You had time to post, and vote so I don't see why you wouldn't have submitted an action within this time. Being busy is something I can understand as we all have our lives to attend too, but lurking is a thing that does exist and regardless being inactive is something that only hurts your side. Of course we only see what you post here, but that doesn't really change the discussion within QT's. I know for certain that you're last night's murderer as you were caught in the act of doing so. [quote name="Nerrax" date=2016-01-26 08:36:24]what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! [/quote] My evidence isn't coincidental, and I'm almost certain my watch can't be redirected and/or role-blocked (If Shock is telling the truth about her jailing me). I had watched you last night and the information I was given matches the EoD. [quote name="Nerrax" date=2016-01-26 08:36:24]Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. [b]If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.[/b] [/quote] That's exactly what you'd want us to believe, yes? The Soldier sounds like a role that would have an armory of ways to kill people and/or harm them. As well as their duty to protect the Town! Probably a bit of a vigilante role that acts as a bodyguard, with the possibility of the Bomb role added in (Taking the bullet for the targeted player and killing the killer). If my theory is correct about the Soldier then this role would've been an extreme threat to Mafia -- It's possible the Soldier did actually save someone last night, quite the coincidence the investigators are still alive right? Seeing as how we found their scum-buddy we'd be pretty big targets!
Nerrax wrote on 2016-01-26:
Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm*
You had time to post, and vote so I don't see why you wouldn't have submitted an action within this time. Being busy is something I can understand as we all have our lives to attend too, but lurking is a thing that does exist and regardless being inactive is something that only hurts your side.

Of course we only see what you post here, but that doesn't really change the discussion within QT's. I know for certain that you're last night's murderer as you were caught in the act of doing so.

what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't!
My evidence isn't coincidental, and I'm almost certain my watch can't be redirected and/or role-blocked (If Shock is telling the truth about her jailing me). I had watched you last night and the information I was given matches the EoD.

Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.
That's exactly what you'd want us to believe, yes? The Soldier sounds like a role that would have an armory of ways to kill people and/or harm them. As well as their duty to protect the Town! Probably a bit of a vigilante role that acts as a bodyguard, with the possibility of the Bomb role added in (Taking the bullet for the targeted player and killing the killer).

If my theory is correct about the Soldier then this role would've been an extreme threat to Mafia -- It's possible the Soldier did actually save someone last night, quite the coincidence the investigators are still alive right? Seeing as how we found their scum-buddy we'd be pretty big targets!
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
[quote name="@Nerrax" date=2016-01-26 08:36:24] Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @ polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'. [/quote] No one even mentioned that you have 'sooo much time to do so' which correlates to killing the Soldier. We're using the basis that since Wintry watched Narumitsu commit a shady act during one of the previous Nights, and then we lynched Naru, we booted one of the mafia from the game. It's hard to argue that Wintry is lying or whatnot when what they've done by sharing information has netted - albeit small - victory for the town. You voting for Wintry wasn't evidence used to support this clean and professional job. That was due to the flavor from the EotD post which stated that it was a clean and professional kill. None of the other victims' - besides poor Geoff and DarthDeadPool - deaths were described in such a manner. However the fact that you were so quick to sheep onto Polygone's vote for Wintry - which they later changed after reading Naru's false claim - could also be scene as trying to hide your scumminess by 'being near' an active scumhunter. The fact that Wintry watched you last 'night' and claim that you were involved in the killing of DreamAlex, well, it isn't hard to put two and two together. [i]If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'[/i]. Well, let's play a mini-game then shall we? If you were the SK who would you target, if it wasn't going to be DreamAlex, then would it be someone else in particular? And how exactly is this point 'logical'? Was it because they've been so active in scum hunting? Or some other reason? If you aren't familiar with a Serial Killer, and this is not only addressing Nerrax but any other newer player, then here's a summary of what they do/are: Serial Killers are Third Party Members. Neither aligned with the town, or the mafia. They're neutral, but a dangerous neutral with the ability to kill during the night. As a Serial Killer, a player's goal is to be the last one alive. And if I'm reading the Wincons for the Town correctly, then the town CANNOT win if ANY/ALL threats to the town - yes, that includes SK's - are still alive. You, or any other reader, can find out more [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Serial_Killer]here[/url] if you're interested.
@Nerrax wrote on 2016-01-26:
Oh I want to hear how is is that I "killed the town soldier when I have soooo much time to do so T_T *sarcasm* what evidence is there other than the kill seemingly being that of a professional and coincidental it was that I was the only one who voted for wintry....oh wait no I wasn't! Who else was it now? Hmmm oh yes, @ polygone was the first to name them for possible lynch. I will say I didn't kill anyone, especially not one of our own. If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.

No one even mentioned that you have 'sooo much time to do so' which correlates to killing the Soldier. We're using the basis that since Wintry watched Narumitsu commit a shady act during one of the previous Nights, and then we lynched Naru, we booted one of the mafia from the game. It's hard to argue that Wintry is lying or whatnot when what they've done by sharing information has netted - albeit small - victory for the town.

You voting for Wintry wasn't evidence used to support this clean and professional job. That was due to the flavor from the EotD post which stated that it was a clean and professional kill. None of the other victims' - besides poor Geoff and DarthDeadPool - deaths were described in such a manner. However the fact that you were so quick to sheep onto Polygone's vote for Wintry - which they later changed after reading Naru's false claim - could also be scene as trying to hide your scumminess by 'being near' an active scumhunter.

The fact that Wintry watched you last 'night' and claim that you were involved in the killing of DreamAlex, well, it isn't hard to put two and two together.

If I was an actual SK I wouldn't go for such a target, that's coming from a logical stand point, just sayin'.

Well, let's play a mini-game then shall we? If you were the SK who would you target, if it wasn't going to be DreamAlex, then would it be someone else in particular? And how exactly is this point 'logical'? Was it because they've been so active in scum hunting? Or some other reason?

If you aren't familiar with a Serial Killer, and this is not only addressing Nerrax but any other newer player, then here's a summary of what they do/are:

Serial Killers are Third Party Members. Neither aligned with the town, or the mafia. They're neutral, but a dangerous neutral with the ability to kill during the night. As a Serial Killer, a player's goal is to be the last one alive. And if I'm reading the Wincons for the Town correctly, then the town CANNOT win if ANY/ALL threats to the town - yes, that includes SK's - are still alive.

You, or any other reader, can find out more here if you're interested.
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 06:14:33] [quote name="kirkfan2255" date=2016-01-26 06:06:52] [quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-26 05:40:08] Look! Vote Count! Silent Voters!!!!! # of public votes in Lynch Thread for Narumitsu: 13 People who voted for Narumitsu: polygone, Wintrymix, DreamAlex, Renaissaince, Detroness, Pawlemagne, Ravinmad, AureaImperatrix, FloatingInSpace, kirkfan2255, SmashedFish, earendils, FunFilledWTFery Actual Vote Count: 20 - So... we have either 7 people with an extra vote or less with more than 2 votes available. Great. # of public votes in Lynch Thread for Wintrymix: 1 People who voted for Wintrymix: Nerrax - coincidence? maybe? Actual Vote Count: 2 - It's possible that Nerrax could possess two votes if one of the criteria for earning your extra vote is to vote publicly in the chat, otherwise we have someone else who thought Wintry is too suspicious and silently voted for them [/quote] Lemme just point out real quick, if the bartender was as injured as naru said they were and they voted for naru but never claimed, that would mess up the vote tally too, if their vote ended up being worth more than before. Speaking of the bartender, though, no bartender death, so they must've gotten healed? [/quote] You have to remember that we don't know for certain if the Bartender is indeed injured. The injury only stemmed from Naru's false claim about being a mugger who both injures and steals a player's items in the night. [s]which was quite detailed now that I think about it... too detailed...[/s] It's possible that the bartender was never injured in N2, but I'd have to check the EotD2 post to make sure. [s]i'm probably wrong about my assumption about the uninjured bartender[/s] It's also possible that the bartender role could be Bulletproof but with a limited number of times they can be bullet proof... I... don't know... I examined all the casualties so far in one of my previous posts and threw out the theory that SoullessRogue was the Vanilla Doctor since their role is colored in green and they're called 'Town Scientist' unlike the MD who could possibly be a bastard version of the Doctor role. [/quote]Possible there isn't even a bartender, since they were lying about who they were they could very well have made up bartender as well.
kirkfan2255 wrote on 2016-01-26:
Look! Vote Count! Silent Voters!!!!!

# of public votes in Lynch Thread for Narumitsu: 13

People who voted for Narumitsu: polygone, Wintrymix, DreamAlex, Renaissaince, Detroness, Pawlemagne, Ravinmad, AureaImperatrix, FloatingInSpace, kirkfan2255, SmashedFish, earendils, FunFilledWTFery

Actual Vote Count: 20 - So... we have either 7 people with an extra vote or less with more than 2 votes available. Great.

# of public votes in Lynch Thread for Wintrymix: 1

People who voted for Wintrymix: Nerrax - coincidence? maybe?

Actual Vote Count: 2 - It's possible that Nerrax could possess two votes if one of the criteria for earning your extra vote is to vote publicly in the chat, otherwise we have someone else who thought Wintry is too suspicious and silently voted for them

Lemme just point out real quick, if the bartender was as injured as naru said they were and they voted for naru but never claimed, that would mess up the vote tally too, if their vote ended up being worth more than before.

Speaking of the bartender, though, no bartender death, so they must've gotten healed?

You have to remember that we don't know for certain if the Bartender is indeed injured. The injury only stemmed from Naru's false claim about being a mugger who both injures and steals a player's items in the night. which was quite detailed now that I think about it... too detailed...

It's possible that the bartender was never injured in N2, but I'd have to check the EotD2 post to make sure. i'm probably wrong about my assumption about the uninjured bartender It's also possible that the bartender role could be Bulletproof but with a limited number of times they can be bullet proof...

I... don't know... I examined all the casualties so far in one of my previous posts and threw out the theory that SoullessRogue was the Vanilla Doctor since their role is colored in green and they're called 'Town Scientist' unlike the MD who could possibly be a ******* version of the Doctor role.
Possible there isn't even a bartender, since they were lying about who they were they could very well have made up bartender as well.

Praise the sun! \o/
[quote name="@AureaImperatrix" date=2016-01-26 10:11:44] Coughs. Not really relevant, considering they'e already been watched. But I've been playing a lot of Dishonored recently and Steampunk dystopian assassins are my thing now [/quote] DISHONORED!!!! :D YAY~ [s][i]coughs[/i]. sorry i'm done being a fan girl now. [i]coughs[/i]. back to discussion.[/s]
@AureaImperatrix wrote on 2016-01-26:

DISHONORED!!!! :D YAY~

coughs. sorry i'm done being a fan girl now. coughs. back to discussion.
2v32at4.jpg
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 105