Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thylacine: A new tertiary gene!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 94 95
OMGOMGOMG! Must have those figurines! And I was just thinking today that we needed a new tertiary gene!
OMGOMGOMG! Must have those figurines! And I was just thinking today that we needed a new tertiary gene!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
I need a million fish familiars?????????????
I need a million fish familiars?????????????
If only I had enough money for the tertiary gene.

Gosh it's so freaking pretty.
If only I had enough money for the tertiary gene.

Gosh it's so freaking pretty.
Oh the fish familiars are lovely, I so want a pair! They remind me of betta fish almost.
Oh the fish familiars are lovely, I so want a pair! They remind me of betta fish almost.
2ujob5j.jpg
The idealist sees the world as it should be. The realist sees the world as it is. The pessimist sees both.
im in love with the gene
im in love with the gene
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
YOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOO
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
YOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOO
please ping if you respond/quote except in my own threads

looking to buy skycat, golden idol, cog frog, pm if you're selling
At first glance I thought it was a primary, until I read it's a tertiary. That really, REALLY made me frown because from the previews I could tell it would clash with every single primary gene ever... but it's fine, I gave it the benefit of doubt and decided to play with scrying. After all, I judged other genes before from the look of previews and they turned out way better than I expected. And oh my god... what the actual heck, FR: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/6371b9eac5570cb992c8df9caa227d86.png[/img][img]https://i.gyazo.com/159e9b95b3090bfc948e630d3bd44112.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c69bd8e33460816dc0635e6612844cda.png[/img] What's up with that gradient? Really, I'm not trying to be rude... but this is bad. This looks really, [b]REALLY[/b] bad. This isn't just a case of "a few color combinations don't look so well", it happened to nearly every combo I tried. I've never seen a gene looking so downright [i]rushed[/i] than this and every single dragon I've tried it on so far turned out awful. Of course, like any gene there are ways to make it look alright, such as giving it to dragons with a lighter primary than tertiary: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d0fb3e1517fc12990c3d5c8e1331329f.png[/img] But still, this doesn't excuse how bad that gradient/airbrush looks. The idea of stripes as a tertiary is already very clashing and tricky to combine with most, if not all primaries and their patterns... but that gradient work completely ruins it. Speaking as an artist it's VERY obvious to me that this gene was never tested on dark bases, which is simply unnaceptable when you're planning on releasing a whole new gene in the site. This is specially visible when you make a quick comparison like this: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/6ca16915160cb531d9dc9e199e304e83.png[/img] And again, I'm not in any way trying to sound rude here... but I'm sorry, the impression I get from this update is that someone rushed to make a new gene out of the blue to make people completely forget the Night of the Notcturne. After all that event was filled with issues and so many people complained, it really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
At first glance I thought it was a primary, until I read it's a tertiary. That really, REALLY made me frown because from the previews I could tell it would clash with every single primary gene ever... but it's fine, I gave it the benefit of doubt and decided to play with scrying. After all, I judged other genes before from the look of previews and they turned out way better than I expected.

And oh my god... what the actual heck, FR:
6371b9eac5570cb992c8df9caa227d86.png159e9b95b3090bfc948e630d3bd44112.png
c69bd8e33460816dc0635e6612844cda.png

What's up with that gradient? Really, I'm not trying to be rude... but this is bad. This looks really, REALLY bad. This isn't just a case of "a few color combinations don't look so well", it happened to nearly every combo I tried. I've never seen a gene looking so downright rushed than this and every single dragon I've tried it on so far turned out awful.

Of course, like any gene there are ways to make it look alright, such as giving it to dragons with a lighter primary than tertiary:

d0fb3e1517fc12990c3d5c8e1331329f.png

But still, this doesn't excuse how bad that gradient/airbrush looks. The idea of stripes as a tertiary is already very clashing and tricky to combine with most, if not all primaries and their patterns... but that gradient work completely ruins it. Speaking as an artist it's VERY obvious to me that this gene was never tested on dark bases, which is simply unnaceptable when you're planning on releasing a whole new gene in the site. This is specially visible when you make a quick comparison like this:

6ca16915160cb531d9dc9e199e304e83.png

And again, I'm not in any way trying to sound rude here... but I'm sorry, the impression I get from this update is that someone rushed to make a new gene out of the blue to make people completely forget the Night of the Notcturne. After all that event was filled with issues and so many people complained, it really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

ssjS89N.png
Pretty cool, but not really my cup of tea. How much does Thylcaine run for on the MP? The new familiars (and especially those figures) are really awesome! :D
Pretty cool, but not really my cup of tea. How much does Thylcaine run for on the MP? The new familiars (and especially those figures) are really awesome! :D
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!